As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Estiah], Or how to play a mmorpg at work

• Options
    ImmolationImmolation Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    My Snowy Bunny never had a bad mood.

It also almost never won races or fights!

Immolation on
  • Options
    Whiteboy SushiWhiteboy Sushi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Immo what are you doin' postin' on this thread fulla crappy little bullshit men

Whiteboy Sushi on
  • Options
    Whiteboy SushiWhiteboy Sushi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    PS on behalf of TTB, I just wanted to let you know that we are eagerly awaiting your impending siege and the accompanying 2-point decrease in our ranking and build progress :)

Whiteboy Sushi on
  • Options
    ImmolationImmolation Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Immo what are you doin' postin' on this thread fulla crappy little bullshit men

nobodycares.png

Immolation on
  • Options
    YannYann Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Haha, you were actually the highest rating guild we didn't have cooldown on. We like to spread our waffles around a bit. Shake things up.

Also what the hell is the deal with your guild name?

Yann on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Minrhael wrote: »
    I just got done dealing with leveling balance for slayer; the level 32 green drakeling worked well with about 4-5 armor, 4-5 ward, and mix of magic/melee/buffs. Threw in some extra attacks to make sure I used most of the deck and got enough armor/ward charms played. Not too hard to figure out how much attack to throw in to gain spirituality too, though I was stymied trying to gain cheat death off him. I have no luck with cheat death at all, I think out of 4 characters my highest is at 40/100.

Anyway, gained balance in about 40% of the drakeling fights. Since the drakeling doesn't actually deal physical damage I used living armors for the armor slots. That'll work eventually for wearingglasses, i don't think it hits that hard though it does have good ward penetration, can probably start killing it around level 26 or so if you have the right charms although to kill it and gain balance I suppose it might take a couple more levels. Unfortunately dyvion is now a level too high i think.

I found out how to level balance Minrhael, but thanks... I was "Doing it Wrong[tm]". No problems now though.

Also... I beat the trial of Ruse at level 36... it was freaking annoying because I had to get my setup to play out exactly correctly to win... but 200 AP later and I did it.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yann wrote: »
    Haha, you were actually the highest rating guild we didn't have cooldown on. We like to spread our waffles around a bit. Shake things up.

Also what the hell is the deal with your guild name?

you got a problem with workin' men, pardner *chest poke*

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    How did this little bugger fall of the front page? The PA guild is still going strong and will need new members for our ranks soon!

We just went 6598 - 0 in the last guild battle against Knights of Failure, a guild made up of beta testers and devs. =P

Yann on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I was attacked by a 30, 31 and 32 last night. I didn't lose.

Hooray for Self Defense exp.

Oats on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bah, I haven't signed in for like a week. I've probably been kicked by the guild, and with good reason. Sorry guys, the bloom's off the rose.

I'm still subscribed to the newsfeed for the game - if new badass features come down the pipe, I may come back again, but for now, consider me incommunicado.

It was a fun run, though!

Imperfect on
  • Options
    EriEri Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Cya dude.
    GL
    HF

Eri on
    RcvUk.gif
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Word.

So I haven't been following this topic much at all. Is there some kind of TTB guild in-game?

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah apparently there is. I think we bent their tube the last time we sieged them though... :D

Yann on
  • Options
    Party AlbatrossParty Albatross Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm having trouble figuring out how to level Cruelty.

I have been told that beating up other players lower level than I am will do this, but I'm not having any luck.

As a Rogue, I think I was far more powerful as a Scout. I just have a feeling that I'm not beating stuff with the same amount of confidence I had before.

Party Albatross on
    www.frostedminis.com - Hobby Blog - Mini's, Art, Etc.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm having trouble figuring out how to level Cruelty.

I have been told that beating up other players lower level than I am will do this, but I'm not having any luck.

As a Rogue, I think I was far more powerful as a Scout. I just have a feeling that I'm not beating stuff with the same amount of confidence I had before.

There's a button on the PvP page which has show all. Press it and stab some lowbies in the face.

Oats on
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    They have to be four levels or less. I usually pick off those with high PVP ratings just to spite them.

In other news, the Lion in Gaea's Dawn is a good Arena pick for leveling Balance: 32 charms, 5 of which are extra turn stuff. Pack 7 charms of each type, add a tech charm or something for good measure, and you should be able to outlast it.

I also can't join Free Waffles cause they're full. Do you guys have a satellite Guild I can join instead?

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Will give hugs for Guild Invite

My name is Zanmatto, and I am a level 10 adventurer. :/

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    zanmatto wrote: »

:\

Not 100% sure, but I think the powers that be want ya at or near level 20.

Doesn't take too long though.

Oats on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2008
    So, which is a better route to Deathknight, Rogue or Mercenary? I can meet the needs for either Fighter or Scout, but from what people say about Rogues I'm sorta leaning Mercenary but I like Scouts.

A duck! on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oats wrote: »

but but but

I love you

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oats wrote: »

but but but

I love you

Yeah, the higher the better - though we're currently out of open slots so it may be a while.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    A duck! wrote: »
    So, which is a better route to Deathknight, Rogue or Mercenary? I can meet the needs for either Fighter or Scout, but from what people say about Rogues I'm sorta leaning Mercenary but I like Scouts.

It kind of depends what kind of charms you want available to you at a high level. Mercenary has some strong flat out melee damage at the expense of armor, which is basically no penalty if you have a gear with none of that anyhow. There's a group melee ongoing debuff, and then a set of big armor destroying melee charms. Rogue has some area damage, and a decent amount of flat out high damage based on weapon type. (though usually at the cost of 1 self spirit). Oh also there is a fairly strong DoT too. As a Deathknight well, I couldn't tell you what kind of charms they have to a certainty because we don't seem to have any in the guild yet so I haven't seen all of what they offer.

You are going to get charms for every weapon type that works with whatever stats you may have as your main class, so you have some time to figure out what you like to use and go from there.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    You know, on reflection, I enjoyed this game SO much more as a Novice than I did when I graduated to Sage. Novice charms allowed you to build a deck that gelled PERFECTLY. I could kill things in the arena nearly ten levels higher than me. My Sage was scraping at things a level above and PvP was a less than 50% chance - I just stopped doing it. Then I stopped doing a lot of encounters, because I had to have a custom deck for each one and even then I had to do it multiple times and it felt more like rolling the dice than my deck really made an impact.

TL;DR - Sage class sucks.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, some of the tier 2 classes are...difficult. The monk and the shaman comes to mind as well. Maybe the cleric as well, but they have awesome group buffs.

The Tier 3 classes are a lot more competetive. Also, there are just so many charms that are good at lvl 40+ that you really aren't limited by your class. I don't use a single Paladin charm in my PvP deck.

Both rogue and mercenary are strong choices though, with the mercenary having the edge in my opinion. Both are strong in 1vs1 and groups and deal very good damage. The drawback for mercenaries is just loose armor wich isn't a problem if you don't use any, while the rogue takes spirit damage, wich can be a real problem. Neither class get any extra action charms actually.

Yann on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Then I stopped doing a lot of encounters, because I had to have a custom deck for each one and even then I had to do it multiple times and it felt more like rolling the dice than my deck really made an impact.

About this, yeah, thats pretty much how it is. You need to design a deck with a specific strategy in mind for almost every fight in higher lvl dungeons. Thats why it pays of to get your hands on every single charm you can, craft or loot or PvP reward. You never know when it might become usefull.

And it is in the nature of the game to be random. Every fight you are rolling the dice. You will come up against fights where it is impossible to win every time. So you build the best deck you can to stack the odds in your favour, roll the dice, and bring plenty of AP so you can try again. =P

PS. Come baaaack!

Yann on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    My scout is pretty badass. Almost at rogueing levels so I'll let you know how it works out.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It wasn't that it was impossible to win every time, it was that I had like a 1/10 shot and I was spending as many AP to clear the freaking dungeon as I'd earned since the last time I'd cleared the dungeon. Seriously, Sage charms are Not Awesome. I switched back to an old Novice deck and started clearning things reliably, and then I kind of just lost interest in this game.

It's still an awesome game, but I hit a rough/difficult patch with a weirdly-balanced (I'm being charitable here) class at EXACTLY the same time as I stopped being hyper-enthused about it and it just spiraled from there.

I really don't want to give anyone else the impression that this is a bad game, because it's not, it's actually seriously awesome. Just... don't go Sage, alright? =)

Imperfect on
  • Options
    A BearA Bear Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I really don't want to give anyone else the impression that this is a bad game, because it's not, it's actually seriously awesome. Just... don't go Sage, alright? =)

But... but... I'm already a novice. :|

On the other hand, I don't really use all that many class charms currently. At least for the novice (5 in my "A-game" deck atm) my scout, alternatively...

A Bear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Try to get like a sylan weapons deck togheter. They seem fairly popular around your lvl. Or you know, just arena and work your way up tp 40. The lvl 42 raid boss dragon is the most fun I've had with the game so far. Also, EPIX :D.

Yann on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Novice is awesome! Just don't go Sage. Or, if you do go Sage, try to avoid the class charms for the most part. (Although the All Magic -- charms are pretty useful for that one fight where the guy heals himself for the same amount of magic damage he does to you. Shadowlord Someone-Or-Other.)

Imperfect on
  • Options
    PentPent Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I gave this a spin and it seems fun so far for a browser game, I can foresee that they might add combat animation in the future at some point as there seems there is space reserved for it.

Pent on
    :winky:
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Novice is awesome! Just don't go Sage. Or, if you do go Sage, try to avoid the class charms for the most part. (Although the All Magic -- charms are pretty useful for that one fight where the guy heals himself for the same amount of magic damage he does to you. Shadowlord Someone-Or-Other.)

I don't know that I would say Monk is all that awesome either.

You seem to pay for being awesome at novice levels with crappy tier two choices.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Entaru wrote: »

You seem to pay for being awesome at novice levels with crappy tier two choices.

It sort of looks like Fighter is the polar opposite then--crap T1, nice T2? I just hope I can truck through Sage to hit Pyro.

A Bear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    A Bear wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »

It sort of looks like Fighter is the polar opposite then--crap T1, nice T2? I just hope I can truck through Sage to hit Pyro.

I was doing well as novice... leveled into my sage and really did poorly until I figured out what I was doing wrong... Do not put any defensive charms in your deck for PVP. At All. Go full on straight up damage, with the sage magic boosting charms (like the novice magic boosting charms) and the heavy damage stuff like demon power and whatnot, and you will eat up anyone else who has armor charms in their deck... My Sage PVP deck consists of 30 cards, 10 of which are extra actions so I effectively have a 20 round deck (sometimes shorter) but have over 1000 damage in that amount of time. For the most part I can kill anyone my level or lower, and for the rest I pick on those with a low PVP rating, because they have crappy deck setups.

As a side note I have four fights saved on my character right now, some wins, some losses, but all are very very close fights. Exciting stuff.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, I don't have any Dex, so all of that sweet, sweet extra-action goodness is denied to me. =(

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I think I was happy with my T1-T2 classes. Scout was about what I expected (though when I was a Scout extra action was OP as all hell so that was fun, though I preferred DoT setups at the time) and after playing every T1 class firsthand I would say is the strongest. Recruit was great fun too if you set up a gear that synergizes correctly. Fighter is great for a lot of PvE encounters, and really does tear defensive decks apart in PvP. Novice is decent at everything but doesn't really do one thing all that great IMO.

I had an awesome T1 class and an awesome T2 class. (Shaman) It was about what I expected from the descriptions. If you play to the strengths of the class (though not all classes have strengths that can compete with the strong PvP setups that are out there) you can generally do well enough to level just fine.

T3 is where it's at though. Most T3's are pretty great, and even the ones that aren't exceptional have a few amazing charms to make up for not being totally solid all around.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Rogue get.

Wait, that doesn't make much sense.

Rogue am!

Oats on
  • Options
    MinrhaelMinrhael Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Can anyone tell me if the sap chance on bone freeze is before or after the magic damage?

Bone Freeze:
    26 Magic (38% P)
    [If target's ward is 0]
    -77 to next target's melee

So does the ward have to be 0 before the bone freeze magic dmg is applied, or can the bone freeze reduce their ward to 0, and sap the melee?

Minrhael on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Wow, so the new patch is... interesting. Goodbye PvP rank :|

Yet overall, I think some of these new things might be for the best. Yay more nerfing OP EA charms.

A Bear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MinrhaelMinrhael Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm getting bored with every deck I face having 5 Night Cloaks and possibly 5 Blue Dragon Charms and every other extra attack charm the player owns; it's sad that even lowly Quick Blades and Lightning Reflexes at least before this patch were still pretty darn usable in the 30s with all the big buffs that could be applied. Maybe they still are; I didn't read the patch notes all that carefully yet.

If I start seeing something other than the no-defense night cloak deck and the all-defense spirit/sap deck I'll be happy enough, some variety will be nice. So many of my recent matches have come down to who gets 2-3 night cloaks out early it's disgusting.

Minrhael on