As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e] In Search of the Cloudtalker - OOC (Looking for players)

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, to be honest, I don't think character history is too important to this game. You're a hired search party. You can flesh out your character in the chat.

So, I hope you all have AIM, too. I'd like to have an AIM chat open for ooc stuff so as to not clutter the maptool chat too much.

Ew who makes a character named after a job?

That's like calling a rogue "McThief" or a fighter "Stabby"

Goose! on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hey. The back story explains it. :p

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    LegionnairedLegionnaired Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So, did we decide that Sunday is an alternate time?

Because I had expected my current maptool game to die out by now, but its still going strong Tuesday nights at 8:00.

If we stick with Tuesday I'll have to bow out, sorry all.

Legionnaired on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nah, Tuesday's been the time all along. You can't run two at once eh? :P

Well, we'll either be 5, or we'll have to see if a sixth comes along.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    You can't run two at once eh? :P

You know, if you're OK with the occasional fit of multiple personality disorder, that might actually work... I'm going to be playing, not DMing, so barring a collision in the combat order I should be able to manage... I'm usually pretty quick about taking my actions, and with macros set up properly even that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I'd be alright with it if you are :P.

Legionnaired on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Doesn't bother me. You already have the charrie rolled.

Goose! on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I would love to jump in as a replacement, but I am afraid staying up later than 9 PM EST would be quite impossible.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Then yeah, probably not a good idea.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Guys post tokens

Goose! on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh hey yeah tokens. Whoops. I'll have mine up tomorrow.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh hey a token okay

Let me do that shit

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    agentx.png
    or
    taskmaster.png

undecided yet

nothin' fancy either way

Edit: I may be a couple of minutes late arriving on Tuesday, because the game starts at the same time I get out of work.

This is pending whether or not I just call work and inform them that I'm not available on Tuesdays so if they have a problem with my not showing up they can talk to the union.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    dragonborn_red.png

Legionnaired on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So this might be a dumb question but how do I go about saving my toekn to maptools/ posting it here. I've got the thing done. Now... ?

:/ Brain failure.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So this might be a dumb question but how do I go about saving my toekn to maptools/ posting it here. I've got the thing done. Now... ?

:/ Brain failure.

File - Save Token.

It'll save it as a PNG. Upload the PNG somewhere.

Legionnaired on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ahh I wasnt looking for a png for some reason...Ahhh..I feel dumb.

Thanks.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    P.S.--I'll be loading up the server at about 6:30 PM EST on Tuesday. So, you guys can start coming then. I'll be PMing the details.

Also, can you guys give me AIM names?

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    My AIM is Aluminium2518.

I'll be a little late, probably no later than 7:15 EST though.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    tokendragpng.png

Also my AIM is apparantly Talon Valdez

Surprised I remembered that after 3 years.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    cyrus.png

Registered a new aim account because I was too lazy to try and find any of my old ones, darkside8725. As an interesting side note, there are a fuckton of darksides on aim.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sheer.png

My token, it seems to be a lot smaller'n everyone else's. Hoipe that's not like, terrible of me. If it is I'll go make a new one and make it bigger.

Anyhow, soirry it took so long to get it uploaded. Got a little busy lately. I'll be cool for Tuesday, though.

KrataLightblade is my AIM name. Shocker there, huh?

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Think about your character. What is his ultimate goal? In as few words as possible.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Save the world

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Save the world

A bit more specific please :-p

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Think about your character. What is his ultimate goal? In as few words as possible.

Die Honorably.

Legionnaired on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Save the world

A bit more specific please :-p

So would you like me to not use as few words as possible

"Save the world by helping people who need help / setting an awesome example for others to follow / getting rid of all the bad stuff"

naive and yet awesome

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Fine forget the few words. Just don't give me a thesis on your character's dreams.

Goose! on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sorry, I've been terribly lazy about getting my token made, but I should be able to whip one up this evening.

Also, I've dabbled a bit in Maptools solo, but I've yet to join / participate in a game, so I may have a bunch of very simple/stupid questions.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    A surly, sometimes insolent, mopey, and forlorn man. He's constantly on the run from his demons and adventures simply because there's money in it, and it helps him forget his past. (And no, he won't be picking any fights with the other players, but they can probably expect some smarmy comments, all in character of course...)

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    The elimination of evil, especially the undead and those that use them as tools. To live life simply and honorably until his death comes.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    You guys are all so noble.

I wanted to know something more specific. I mean, I'm trying not to give too much away here, but what personal goal, vendetta, gain, or whatever are they after?

Goose! on
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sheer, as a young boy, found himself fascinated with magic, just like all other boys who live anywhere near a wizard's home would be. He became obsessed with it, and his parents chose to give him what they considered a better life than dirt-farming at the edge of a desert, and worked with him to get him apprenticed to his mentor. Sheer has, however, never forgotten his very first thought upon hearing the uses of magic.

"The world can be better."

He's made it his life's purpose to find, codify, and use magic in as responsible a manner as possible, and personally hates anyone who uses magic for capricious or selfish ends. He doesn't object to using magic to help oneself, only to using one magic to help oneself at the expense of others. He knows that by the time he learns enough magic to be a real help to the world, his parents will likely have passed on, but maybe, just maybe, he can make the world better for his brothers and sisters.

Short Version:

Sheer's goal is to gather together as much magic as he can, to make sure it's only used in a responsible, healthy manner, and to fight anyone who wants to use magic for selfish or evil ends. End Goal: the Archmage Epic Destiny complete with school of magic is practically made for him.

Immediate Goal:
    Learn, get better, don't die, help when he can.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well, I don't know if Cyrus is all that noble, in fact he's probably not in the least concerned with it. Money and a diversion from his memories are what drives him, or perhaps he's looking for some way to exercise his past demons once and for all. He's done some terrible things with his magic, delved into dark places he should not have, and wears those scars heavily. He adventures because it's all he knows any more.

(I'm taking a few liberties here, let me know if it's incorrect.)

Tl : Dr-He will join because of the possibility of treasure, but he is also wondering if he can't in fact learn this "Cloudtalking" for his own ends.

Also, about tomorrow, I'll be available right around 7:15 and how are we going to be doing dice rolls?

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Best I could do now that I finally got, figured out and put Tokentools to work. Neat little program, I must say.

Graysen.png

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Well, I don't know if Cyrus is all that noble, in fact he's probably not in the least concerned with it. Money and a diversion from his memories are what drives him, or perhaps he's looking for some way to exercise his past demons once and for all. He's done some terrible things with his magic, delved into dark places he should not have, and wears those scars heavily. He adventures because it's all he knows any more.

(I'm taking a few liberties here, let me know if it's incorrect.)

Tl : Dr-He will join because of the possibility of treasure, but he is also wondering if he can't in fact learn this "Cloudtalking" for his own ends.

Also, about tomorrow, I'll be available right around 7:15 and how are we going to be doing dice rolls?

Maptool has dice roll code built in. You'll see when you get there.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So I'm pretty pumped for this today. Looking forward to breaking Cyrus out of the mold and trying him out.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    So I'm pretty pumped for this today. Looking forward to breaking Cyrus out of the mold and trying him out.

Ditto.

Legionnaired on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hey...so is one waterskin going to do it for this trip...or should I just drop the gp and get a second?

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Water would definitely be a good investment. ;-)

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I figured that might be the case. All right, sign me up for an extra waterskin to go with the one already in my adv. kit. Can't remember the gp cost off the top of my head. And don't think for a second Cyrus is going to let any of the rest of you scum up his nice waterskins.

Dark_Side on