As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game on] M&M, when? New date proposal.

• Options
    FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Go ahead and quote this and add yourselves guys. Format should be forumer, character name, character powers (if you feel comfortable giving them out, unless elk wants us to keep them secret so the heroes and villains are surprised when they meet).
    Heroes:
    Kayne Red Robe: Unknown, Unknown
    Villains:
    Fierce: Don't know yet, Classified

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Go ahead and quote this and add yourselves guys. Format should be forumer, character name, character powers (if you feel comfortable giving them out, unless elk wants us to keep them secret so the heroes and villains are surprised when they meet).
    Heroes:
    Kayne Red Robe: Unknown, Unknown
    Villains: MechMantis, Unknown Robotic Unit (AKA: Thinking...), Crackshot with a Blaster Rifle

MechMantis on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    i'm gonna keep this one alive.

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    MEDIC!! WE HAVE A DIEING THREAD!! WE NEED ASSISTANCE NOW!

MechMantis on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    EDIT: What the hell? How the hell did this double post happen?

MechMantis on
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    MechMantis wrote:
    MEDIC!! WE HAVE A DIEING THREAD!! WE NEED ASSISTANCE NOW!

BTW, MechMantis. I forgot to point out one thing about your Robot character. He can't heal normally, and all damage must be repaired. He is, after all, mechanical device. In theory you could exchange some powers for Regeneration (auto-repair system) or buy few ranks of Craft (mechanical) skill.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I am so in for this.

I'm moving into my dormroom now, and then have to go retrieve someone from an airport, but then I'll start brainstorming for a general idea of what kind of hero I will blow things up with.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    I am so in for this.

I'm moving into my dormroom now, and then have to go retrieve someone from an airport, but then I'll start brainstorming for a general idea of what kind of hero I will blow things up with.

Okay. So far our villains have used templates for character creation. Worked fine.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    elkatas wrote:
    I am so in for this.

Okay. So far our villains have used templates for character creation. Worked fine.

I get to be a villain? Mmm. Yessss.

Villains > Heros

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Villains > Heros

Yeah. You will be villain and in good old villain tradition, you and your friends will start their story from the San Angelo State Prison. Try to invent background and reason why you have ended up in prison.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    i think my guy will be somewhat of an altruistic one. you know, the kind trying to better the world through means usually considered evil.

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    PowerslavePowerslave Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I've yet to start making my character. I've been swamped with work the past few days.

I've got him thought out, though, so it shouldn't take me too long to actually add everything up.

Powerslave on
    "Never trust anyone who spells 'magic' with a K."
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Found and purchased the generic handbook thing, should have character done by tonight.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    404404 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Sorry, I'll have to bow out for now. Too much other stuff going on.

404 on
    Getter404.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    I'll get something together tomorrow between classes. I'm thinking, perhaps, something minion-heavy. Minions please me. To fight and die at my whim, yea, this is the greatest of honors.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Awright. Sorry for the ultra-major fuzziness... but my character is complete.

Behold: Assassin Unit "Blade-breaker", serial number 000-000-001.

This robotic combat unit was designed for quick intrusions and kills. It was armed with a Blaster Rifle and given advanced sensor systems, allowing for rapid target aquisition and target lock. Unfortunately, Unit 000-000-001 was given a flawed directive. It was programmed to kill... but the programmers neglected to tell it WHAT to kill. So, the decision making AI module assumed that the unit was ordered to kill everything, and as such, it slaughtered everyone in the facility in which it was built. However, self-preservation was made a higher priority, overiding everything else, and as such Unit 000-000-001 will make temporary alliances with those it deems stronger or able to destroy it. Since the primary unit's failure, all further inactive Blade-Breaker units have been scrapped, with no more slated to be built. Unit 000-000-001 still remains at large as of the creation of this document.

I just sketched this out cause I was bored.

Also... I need a new camera. D:

EDIT: Gah. Link to it as it raped H-scroll.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    404 wrote:
    Sorry, I'll have to bow out for now. Too much other stuff going on.

Okey dokey. No problem. :)

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Colour me interested if there's still room. Out of those sweet $$$ at the moment, but I should have the book come Thursday. I assume I'd be filling a villian slot?

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Colour me interested if there's still room. Out of those sweet $$$ at the moment, but I should have the book come Thursday. I assume I'd be filling a villian slot?

Okay. You will fill last slot of the villain team. Character creation options have been discussed many times in this thread already, so I guess you know them also. :)

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    elkatas wrote:

Okay. You will fill last slot of the villain team. Character creation options have been discussed many times in this thread already, so I guess you know them also. :)

Just to clarify, Powerlevel(Ye gods, DBZ all over again) 10 for villians as well, m i rite?

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Just to clarify, Powerlevel(Ye gods, DBZ all over again) 10 for villians as well, m i rite?

Yup. 10.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2006
    I feel obligated to post a single hijack here, please forgive me.
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    M&M is the only system I've ever seen which actually works for a superhero campaign.

Have you, or the OP, ever seen or used the Hero System, which is the system behind Champions? It's the original superhero rpg, and I think it's the best PnP system ever.

MEGS is pretty good, but a lousy acronym. Powered Mayfair's DC Heroes and Pulsar Games' Blood of Heroes. I hear Pulsar is making a comeback soon.
    elkatas wrote:
    Modern Horror: Hmh, it is often said that horror and superheroes don't mix well.

FILTHY FILTHY LIES (link requires subscription for full article)

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Squashua wrote:
    MEGS is pretty good, but a lousy acronym. Powered Mayfair's DC Heroes and Pulsar Games' Blood of Heroes.

Never have used MEGS, but what I have heard it worked pretty well, though lower level characters were often too similar because of how attributes were scaled. DC Heroes also had some interesting sourcebooks like the Watchmen book. :)

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    elkatas wrote:
    Squashua wrote:
    MEGS is pretty good, but a lousy acronym. Powered Mayfair's DC Heroes and Pulsar Games' Blood of Heroes.

Never have used MEGS, but what I have heard it worked pretty well, though lower level characters were often too similar because of how attributes were scaled. DC Heroes also had some interesting sourcebooks like the Watchmen book. :)

MEGS has a very scalable "one roll, done" combat systems, but occasionally there were bidding wars when Hero Points were brought into the mix. I agree in regards to the lower-level discrepancies, and there are ways to address them, but I won't discuss them here.

The Watchmen one was excellent; it had extra stuff that not even the "Absolute Watchmen" edition contained, including some really good history and a couple of new images. The Mayfair modules made some really excellent adaptable adventures.

Squashua on
  • Options
    TrenogTrenog Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    So I'm nearly done my character. Do you want me to PM you when I'm finished?

Trenog on
    steam_sig.png
    Malkor wrote: »
    Rolo wrote: »
    opium is all natural shit son

makes you stronger

It also makes you immune to time.
    Bama wrote: »
    Two weeks ago, I lost the bulk of my female friends

She really hates it when you call her that.
    FCD wrote: »
    Ahhh, Orochimaru. Or, as I like to call him, Japanese Pedophile Voldemort.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    I have just about all the numbers-related stuff done for my villain, tomorrow I'll just do the simple addition junk to get attack, defense, saving throws, etc. made and write up some quick stuff about personality and origin and whathaveyou.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    So, elk, what's the setting like? I'm curious as heck about it. And I'm working on the background and origin story. :)

Powerslave on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Powerslave wrote:
    So, elk, what's the setting like? I'm curious as heck about it. And I'm working on the background and origin story. :)

Well, here is the setting:

www.geocities.com/elkatas/angelo.pdf

Campaign will take place in fictional East coast city of San Angelo, and the PDF that I just linked describes city and its surroundings. Hero team are members of superhero group "The Justice Foundation" that uses San Angelo as its home base. Astro City is probably closest counterpart for this city, even though I'm using more supers than Busiek would.

Villains, in the other hand, are about 15 kilometres to the north from San Angelo. They are imprisoned in San Angelo Maximum Security Prison for Metas, level II. SAMSP is extremely secure, privately owned prison that was built into Buckner Ridge Mountain. It is one of the few prisons in USA that is actually built for holding metas.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Trenog wrote:
    So I'm nearly done my character. Do you want me to PM you when I'm finished?

PM.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    If you want a good chat client for RPGs, go to http://www.paranoia-live.net/

It's a great client for Paranoia RPG, but it should work fine for others as well.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Squashua wrote:
    It's a great client for Paranoia RPG, but it should work fine for others as well.

Thank you, but I think that I will stick with IRC / Google spreadsheets combo, just because I'm familiar with it. :)

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    bump

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    I'm feeling little sick, but otherwise everything is going OK. I have done pre-liminary plans for hero group and villain group. So right now I'm just waiting characters.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    elkatas wrote:
    I'm feeling little sick, but otherwise everything is going OK. I have done pre-liminary plans for hero group and villain group. So right now I'm just waiting characters.
    I'll have mine to you right after class today, I promise :D

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    BTW, any questions about San Angelo? Is the PDF that I hosted satisfactory?

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    elkatas wrote:

Working on mine. Any specific deadline?

Powerslave on
  • Options
    Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Any chance I could still sign up?

Bob The Monkey on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Powerslave wrote:
    Working on mine. Any specific deadline?

Nope, take your time. We are taking another round on character creation with OtherHorseMan.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Any chance I could still sign up?

Well, this campaign is full, unfortunately. But I will keep in touch if something happens (i.e. player quits, etc).

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Dumdi dum, I'm still waiting for characters.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.