As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Space Siege: Shoot Aliens, Collect Loot, Replace Eyes, Lose Humanity. Demo Out!

124»

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's towards the mouse cursor.

captaink on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    It's towards the mouse cursor.

Which you're typically going to be aiming at the enemy.

I'm thinking they really should have gone with WASD control .

subedii on
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Okay I played through the game and its... Bland. I can't really tell whats "wrong" with the game, its a sci-fi Diablo 2 and while I thought it was entertaining it just didn't seem like the game wanted to go anywhere. You're constantly told of consequences if you decide to attach a cybernetic implant but the game doesn't acknowledge that you have it apart from a minor numerical stat increase and a visual. The reward for not taking implants is a pair of admittedly powerfull abilities but since I put points into both talent tree's I never unlocked either of them. Once you install the cybernetic brain, basicly becoming 95% robot, you're still talking with your human voice with all the emotion that goes with being human.

Its completely linear, plot twists are obvious hours in advance there's no difference in enviroments and the "ghost" is never explained. Once I reached Medical Delta and started tracking down survivors (a doctor for example) I thought "awesome! Basebuilding!", but no, you visit maybe 5 times to drop off an item or survivor and thats about it. They could have made this game so awesome if they let you walk all over the ship finding survivors, technicians, doctors, soldiers etc to fit your hideout with traps, turrets and makeshift weapon shops as you work towards retaking the ship but instead you find a gun every 2 hours and upgrade them for 2% damage or speed increases.

The game ended abruptly hinting at a sequel, leaving me with a "meh" kind of feeling. The game has no substance, no interesting characters, features or enviroments. Just endless halls full of explosive barrels (who keeps a high pressure container in the fucking officers quarters?) and two types of enemies (3 if you count cyborg aliens). Give it a miss.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Those were my fears upon playing the demo. Thanks for taking the bullet for all of us. Maybe I'll pick it up in the bargain bin some day.

captaink on
  • Options
    sethsezsethsez Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's like they wanted to combine an action game and an RPG, but their wires got crossed at some point and they decided to take the thoughtful intelligence of an action game and the on-the-edge-of-your-seat tension of an RPG.

sethsez on