Options

[PHALLA] Innsmouth | The Final - Village/Demonologist Victory!

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You'll see, KingMole.

You'll see.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Oh, and upon my painful demise, I was told I'd rise again in three days.

Oats on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I think of that some we have known entirely whether the winner of substance is here.

cheez on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well damn.

I just want to know who the last cop was, because you are a slippery bastard.

Edit - And I'm so a villager. :D

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Unless I was lied to, we had everyone nailed down.

Oats on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Well damn.

I just want to know who the last cop was, because you are a slippery bastard.

I could tell you.

But I won't.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey there Toxic :P

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I put in place my lobe and the hat of wizard.

cheez on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I just want to sat if it wasn't for visiblehowl, GOD would not have won this game.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    cheez wrote: »
    I put in place my lobe and the hat of wizard.

Ahaha.

That's the best one so far.

EDIT: Oh hey, 5-6 people and we're almost on track for another page before the narration/results get posted.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I just want to sat if it wasn't for visiblehowl, GOD would not have won this game.

Which God?

Oats on
  • Options
    JustPlainPavekJustPlainPavek Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

spoiler alert?

JustPlainPavek on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

On the contrary, if it weren't for me, they WOULD have won this game.

Er, I mean, we would have won this game. Right.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Mathieu WarrickMathieu Warrick Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The Final

I watched in awe as Oatway began to walk down Federal Street toward the town square. It was difficult to look at him for too long, so glaringly white were his vestments. Tendrils of light drifted off him like curls of smoke, leaving wispy trails in his wake. He paid no attention to the buildings around him but moved forward without hesitation, as if he were a homing pigeon returning to his perch. Or perhaps more aptly, a hawk closing in on his prey.

I followed him down the street and across the bridge, the river swirling madly below us. In the center of the town square, one lonely figure stood, hidden by dark robes.

"The game is over, Toxic Toys," Oatway said. "I have returned to cleanse the town of your kind forever."

The man glared at me desperately, his eyes lit by Oatway's illuminated form. "You can still be one of us!" he shouted. "We can be immortal! Will you throw that away in favor of the pathetic illusion of humanity that you've created for yourself?"

"Silence, sinner!" Oatway roared. "You have been judged, and you have been found wanting. The justice of the divine does not slink about in shadows to strike at the backs of its foes. Behold, the power of the Light!"

Oatway stretched out his arms as if to embrace Toxic, and from his back six luminous wings spread, so dazzlingly white that I had to shield my eyes with my arm. He opened his mouth and a deafeningly loud, clear note sounded, aimed directly at the cringing cultist before him. I could not tell if the figure called Toxic screamed, but as I watched, he raised his face to heaven and froze, as still as a statue. Then, with unbearable slowness, he collapsed in on himself, and I saw that he had been converted into a pillar of salt.

A cry arose from the hotel, and a man emerged. He seemed to be struggling with something, but he was alone. His expression alternated between fear and rage.

"Fear not, KingMole," Oatway said softly. "The Light has not turned his face from you. You are forgiven for killing Pavek, for you knew not what you did. You shall be cleansed of the demon that possesses you." Gently, he laid his hand on KingMole's forehead, and the man's face immediately fell slack. He slid to the ground and lay quietly, his chest rising and falling as if he had slipped into a deep, restful sleep.

Then, another townsperson stepped out of the grocery store. With an inhuman cry, he rushed at Oatway, curved knife in hand. Before he had gone a few feet, he fell to his knees, clutching at his throat, and crumbled to dust.

"My poor Cheez," Oatway said. "It was too late for you. Would that you had fought harder, I might have been able to save you as well."

We stood in silence as the clouds cleared overhead, and the stars once again peered down from the night sky. Oatway's brightness began to dim, and he folded his brilliant wings somehow so that they were no longer visible.

"My work here is done," he said, turning to look at me. "I will return to my eternal rest, content that this town has at last been relieved of its demonic burden. Except..." His eyes bore into mine, and I trembled with a fear I could not name.

"Except what?" I asked.

"The final choice is still yours," he said. "You are the last of the line of Obed Marsh. He and his kin live beneath the black waters of the ocean, consorting with evil creatures that have preyed on man since before the moon was set in the night sky to drive away the darkness. As long as you live, you will be their link to the surface world."

"What do you mean," I whispered, half wishing that I could remain in ignorance.

"They will seek to perpetuate their lineage through you, and your children, and your children's children until the end of time," he replied gravely. "Only you have the power to end his reign of terror on this town forever."

Without another word, he grew darker and more insubstantial until he vanished completely. I could hardly breathe; my chest was heavy with the meaning of what he had told me. At last, I understood the strange compulsion that had brought me to this town, and that had led me to this, my ultimate choice.

And so ends my tale, as I lay on the bed back in my room in the hotel, for I had kept the key with me all this time without realizing it. The roar of the sea is echoing in my ears so that I can hardly think. It calls me, even now, as I hurry to finish writing this. It is almost time, I know, for my decision to come to fruition. I must admit that, after all that I had seen, I still hesitated to follow what I knew was the better course, but how could I become one of the unspeakable creatures that had plagued me all through this long night? No, that had plagued me all my life, though I had vainly sought to deny it? It was unthinkable.

Even now my hand grows weak, and I am hardly able to clutch the pen. This is a fitting place to end, I think. So many blades on the walls, all eager to be blooded. But I used the one that had served me so well all this time; it had killed demons before, and so it was only proper that it should kill one now. But know that I am not a demon. I did not die as one of them. I made my choice, and as my blood flows onto the sheets and stains them with my life, know that my blood is red and pure and I will not succumb to the darkness even as I breathe my last brea

The Fallen

Toxic Toys - Member of the Church of the Infinite Twilight killed by the vote
    Oatway - Right Hand of the Heavens killed by CIT
    cheez - Corrupted Seer of the Golden Order of Daoloth killed by the Heavens
    JustPlainPavek - Religious Townsperson killed by police officers

Mathieu Warrick and the hostile factions have been eliminated, the townspeople of Innsmouth emerge victorious!

Mathieu Warrick on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    oh god the tension

edit - village wins!

edit - I'm dead!

JustPlainPavek on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hah! Go village!

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    KingMole was converted to the village tonight as well, for clarification. That would be sent via PM but since the game is over :P

Mathieu Warrick on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    YES!!! Villagers rock!!!

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Visiblehowl, best conversion I made all game, and I did it dead.

Oats on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This was an awesome Phalla game, Epic narration, ect ect,
    Thanks for running it.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Woo!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Greatest.
    Post restriction.
    Ever.

cheez on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Anyone want to explain what the hell went on in this game.
    I kind of feel like Villager normals didn't play much of a role.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    warban wrote: »
    Anyone want to explain what the hell went on in this game.
    I kind of feel like Villager normals didn't play much of a role.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    cheez: I'm so sorry. [/TheDoctor]

Quoth: I'm going to have to jump you for that narration. :winky:

To the various personae running Mathieu Warrick, thank you for an awesome Phalla.

Oats on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hell, I won and I have no idea what was going on.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Just so you guys know, here's what happened.

I got converted to GOD, was contacted by B:L, and then the very next day was converted back to villagerhood by Oatway. From then on, I was a mole in the GOD network.

So yeah, MVP award goes to Oatway for superawesome conversion sense!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Hooray!

again, thanks to all who could've killed me but didn't until Day 7! It's been a while since I've lived to that point.

And well done on the narrations, Quoth!

and well done on posting Quoth's narrations, robohomo!

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hooray I win, I guess?

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Just so you guys know, here's what happened.

I got converted to GOD, was contacted by B:L, and then the very next day was converted back to villagerhood by Oatway. From then on, I was a mole in the GOD network.

So yeah, MVP award goes to Oatway for superawesome conversion sense!

Haha, I recommended he convert either you or Varcayn, but then when he died none of us other religious villagers got the message that you had been converted...

JustPlainPavek on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Great game all.

Go Townspeople.

I thought we were just meat shields for the factions. Like in a game of battleships we were the missed water targets

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Super job every one who killed each other off to allow for a Village win. Also, super job Village!

Great game to participate in, despite the lack of knowledge. Super narrations.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    As a member of ISAT, I have no idea what happened other than I think Trust ratted us all out.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oatway, I could not help but make you epic after robo went all out to bring you back. So there you go. Most epic you may ever be in a phalla.

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    'cause I always got the message, and then just told the others about my newly expanded flock.

When I first got my role PM I had no idea how power I would be. I knew one conversion a night was huge, but not how huge.

I also really need to work on my aim. Sorry to all the villages I judged.

Oats on
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So damned close. Well played, Oatway, well played. =)

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Quoth, I couldn't ask for more. My hands are shaking. That is how awesome your writing is.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well, I'll be honest and say that this game didn't go exactly as planned until the final 4 days, which were fantastic. I was way too vague with the role descriptions and win conditions so that was entirely my fault. The concept of the game was for people to choose a side of a conflict, regardless if they were converted or not. Unfortunately, that never really came to fruition as it was just bandwagon after bandwagon. I probably should have given more influence to the various groups.

The game was set up as follows:

A B
    C D

with the village in the middle. A and C started the game loosely aligned, and B and D started the game loosely aligned. Once C and D made contact with one another, through death or seering, they could then choose to align together against A and B, or continue with their already existing factions. This never came into play, and we instead made it every man for himself at the end.

role PMs in a minute.

Mathieu Warrick on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Dear CIT: Varcayn was a mole, he was working for GOD.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oatway wrote: »
    Quoth, I couldn't ask for more. My hands are shaking. That is how awesome your writing is.

Glad to have pleased you. And hopefully others, lol.

I tried to fit in as many deaths as possible, but it got kind of insane after a while. Sorry to anyone who was glossed over for the sake of narrative cohesion. :(

Quoth on