Options

[PHALLA] Innsmouth | The Final - Village/Demonologist Victory!

• Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    If DL didn't kill Varcayn, GOD probably would have won.

The one thing I regret was being shot by a guy who didn't even vote or post anything in the thread on the day that he killed me.

That was annoying.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Varcayn wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    MGW single handedly fucked over ISAT/SHA and caused Ardor's gambit to backfire horribly.

Ardor's reveal and the follow-up allowed CIT and GOD to pick off about half of ISAT.

Basically. Aznman needs to unlock ISAT proboards, but here they are.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    no words needed to be said!

pow pow pow

Obbi on
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    So he knew Nerrisa was a spy aligned with his faction and just decided to say it in the thread?

And all Nerrisa could do was think what the fuck are you doing

Yeah. For some reason he got it into his head that Nerrisa was playing us and not ISAT, with no info to go on and Nerrisa posting the ISAT member list on our proboards.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wait, we won? The apocalypse will not come after all?

Damn you, ancient book of Prophecies!

Awesome Phalla, I'm just sad the only attention I got was from the police. Damn you police, I wanted to be converted so much :|

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    So he knew Nerrisa was a spy aligned with his faction and just decided to say it in the thread?

And all Nerrisa could do was think what the fuck are you doing

Yeah. For some reason he got it into his head that Nerrisa was playing us and not ISAT, with no info to go on and Nerrisa posting the ISAT member list on our proboards.

We were as completely confused by his actions as the players were.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

The one thing I regret was being shot by a guy who didn't even vote or post anything in the thread on the day that he killed me.

That was annoying.

I knew you were going to die.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    MGW single handedly fucked over ISAT/SHA and caused Ardor's gambit to backfire horribly.

Ardor's reveal and the follow-up allowed CIT and GOD to pick off about half of ISAT.

Basically. Aznman needs to unlock ISAT proboards, but here they are.

Also, we began to kill whoever posted "Wow. More ISAT dead. Are they gone yet?" immediately after the narration. That also led us to a lot of you.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yes, this.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    MGW is one crazy bastard

I like how the creators of the game couldn't even figure him out

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yes, this.

Alternatively, if Varcayn hadn't trusted all his convertees completely and sent your names to each other, GOD probably would have won.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That too.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Good game, Village! Woo, yeah! Thanks Oatway.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    On the other hand, if everyone did what I wanted, I'd be alive.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Robothero wanted to make the translation restriction more than one language, but I convinced him to make it reasonable.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    thorgot wrote: »

Yes, this.

Alternatively, if Varcayn hadn't trusted all his convertees completely and sent your names to each other, GOD probably would have won.

No, it wouldn't have mattered. I considered my options before contacting them.

B:L linked cheez with VH the night of his death. Contacting either one would've revealed me to the other. I needed them to get the bandwagon / other vig on someone other than me, so contacting them was inevitable. Whether or not I linked KingMole with VH and cheez, it would have been obvious that he had been converted after he shot Infidel and the other cop was killed and turned up innocent. Whoever the mole was would've known.

The only downside was that, as they tried to do, CIT might have turned on me. However, this never happened.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So was Infidel was convertible? It seems that if he was converted day 1 the town would of been stuffed twice as much?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Also, from Day 3
    Lay low, try not to draw attention, and hope we're not compromised.

They may have just got lucky. Or Nerissa sold us out to the robots who sold us out to the church. I doubt it, she's usually good to her word. Time will tell.
    Or one of us may have been converted, which means we're fucked no matter what.
    Trust has successfully been converted.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Also, from Day 3
    Lay low, try not to draw attention, and hope we're not compromised.

They may have just got lucky. Or Nerissa sold us out to the robots who sold us out to the church. I doubt it, she's usually good to her word. Time will tell.
    Or one of us may have been converted, which means we're fucked no matter what.
    Trust has successfully been converted.

That is awesome.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    warban wrote: »
    So was Infidel was convertible? It seems that if he was converted day 1 the town would of been stuffed twice as much?

I thought that the TheLawinator probably would've been informed that his brother was converted, if that happened?

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    eecc wrote: »

I thought that the TheLawinator probably would've been informed that his brother was converted, if that happened?

They both would have been converted.

They tricked everybody.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

From what I understood of their mechanic, they'd both be converted.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yes, this.

B:L linked cheez with VH the night of his death. Contacting either one would've revealed me to the other. I needed them to get hte bandwagon / other vig on someone other than me, so contacting them was inevitable. Whether or not I linked KingMole with VH and cheez, it would have been obvious that he had been converted after he shot Infidel and the other cop was killed and turned up innocent. Whoever the mole was would've known.

The only downside was that, as they tried to do, CIT might have turned on me. However, this never happened.
    Um, I did. It was just to late to really do any thing about it. NATIK was eating the vote and Law told me you were getting vig'd. I could have filled you in but really wanted you to die to make sure my house was clean.

If it wasn't for Oatway coming back I would have had a good chance to win. After that, Well I was fucked.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Quite an awesome game guys, thank you all for the fun. Honestly I'm surprised I won at all. At the start I thought the best I could hope for was one of two scenarios A: Preacher just gets killed by chance and I win with no work (hey what do ya know, that's exactly what happened) or B: Oatway "converts" me and I try and reveal him to a foul character. But hey, an awesome narration is an awesome narration irrelevant of how it is achieved.

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

Yes, this.

B:L linked cheez with VH the night of his death. Contacting either one would've revealed me to the other. I needed them to get hte bandwagon / other vig on someone other than me, so contacting them was inevitable. Whether or not I linked KingMole with VH and cheez, it would have been obvious that he had been converted after he shot Infidel and the other cop was killed and turned up innocent. Whoever the mole was would've known.

Um, I did. It was just to late to really do any thing about it. NATIK was eating the vote and Law told me you were getting vig'd. I could have filled you in but really wanted you to die to make sure my house was clean.

If it wasn't for Oatway coming back I would have had a good chance to win. After that, Well I was fucked.

If the Oatway upset didn't occur, would Kingmole have known to vig you?

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Yes, this.

You sent in the DL kill order. That was all I needed from you on Day 9. Whoever you killed on Day 10, me or anyone else, wouldn't have mattered if I lived, as I could have converted or killed you myself.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    If the Oatway upset didn't occur, would Kingmole have known to vig [Toxic Toys]?

Yes.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Yes, this.

If the Oatway upset didn't occur, would Kingmole have known to vig you?

I don't know. But Kingmole would have died by my hand the last night.

That was my plan.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Yes, this.

You sent in the DL kill order. That was all I needed from you on Day 9. Whoever you killed on Day 10, me or anyone else, wouldn't have mattered if I lived, as I could have converted or killed you myself.

I knew you were not going to live past day 9 and planed for it. I was still thinking that I had to kill of every other faction before I could win.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man fuck this game. This was the most clueless I have ever been.

I don't mean this in a harsh way, robo, just venting at life.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    If you weren't sure I was going to die would you have killed someone other than DamnedLibrarian?

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Man, I love how there are all these plans from different factions, and how they all intertwine.

"I would've vig'd your vig."
    "AHA! But I knew that you would vig so-and-so, but it didn't matter because we still had numbers!"
    "SURPRISE! Your network had a mole in it - so all your plans have gone down the pooper!"

It's like the end of a good Scooby Doo episode where all the explanations are being done.

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    If one Twin was killed, would it kill the other twin?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

That is in fact what happened.

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Quoth wrote: »

That is in fact what happened.

Though so. Just wasn't sure.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2008

yes, that is how they died. Infidel was killed so Law died as well.

edit: slow host is slow

Unknown User on
  • Options
    DamnedLibrarianDamnedLibrarian Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Good game to everyone. Especially amazing narrations. My aim as a vig was horrible :P I get the feeling I should have just let Infidel direct my kills more since that seemed to be the only time I hit someone who wasn't a villager.

DamnedLibrarian on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You know what, it totally worked out that your vig kills sucked, because it gave me the idea to create the roving band of murderous townspeople.

So look on the bright side. Sort of. :P

Quoth on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Good game everyone.

What was going on with the village on Thursday?

I seered B:L Wednesday, found out he was a GOD member.

Then you guys start taking orders from him... wtf?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yes, this.

Alternatively, if ISAT wasn't granted free kills for missing their orders, and if the faction aligned against us didn't get immunity from our attacks, free resurections and conversions from the dead while they're at it, GOD probably would have won.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat