As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giving something back to the PA forumites

• Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I see that Moe and I are at the top, but pay for it by being partially obscured.

"There's just no pleasing some people..."

"That's just what Jesus said, sir!"

meh I didn't even make the second cut.

but no worries STILL WANT!

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    RowdyTheDogRowdyTheDog Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    kropotkin wrote: »
    The only issue I have yet to overcome is how to distribute them fairly. If there are any suggestions on how to do this I am more than willing to listen to them.

Post some place you'll be at some time PAX weekend and the first ones to find you get one? Seems fair and such.

RowdyTheDog on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Holy shit.

My name is on there.

In the middle.

Nestled between zero-suit Lyanth and cuddly Liger.

I don't deserve this honor.

I'm not worthy!

Also...I am not sure what this thing even is. It is a badge. Made of what?
    Is it laminated? Is it sanitary? o_O

EDIT:
    Nevermind. I just read kropotkin's description on how he makes them.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    I see that Moe and I are at the top, but pay for it by being partially obscured.

"There's just no pleasing some people..."

"That's just what Jesus said, sir!"

meh I didn't even make the second cut.

but no worries STILL WANT!

I was on the first cut, but was then 66% removed. :D

And I still want also. :D

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    mines cut off at the top too, but it's still pretty awesome. Maybe as long as you know you're giving them away to forumers at PAX and not just anybody, lol
    Post some place you'll be at some time PAX weekend and the first ones to find you get one? Seems fair and such.

You could setup a few times on Friday at least, including some before they open up the convention center, maybe in a nearby hotel lobby?

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    +1 to the my-name-is-cutoff club (I'm just above Trainwreck)

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    WHOA WHOA WHOA. I get nothing but a t next to HotSake and tr0tsky gets center stage? Canadian Lover!!!

looks very good seriously,and for those of us who whine we're not on there, remember it's your creation do it how you want.

Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I am famous!

LewieP on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    I am famous!

wait... didn't you already say that somewhere?

anyway, don't worry about the names on the back, it's still something cool to have and we should be proud to wear one!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I say it at any given opportunity

LewieP on
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I love it Kropotkin! I so still want one! Also, I'm not cut off, for which I give thanks to the mighty and powerful Kropotkin!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    another for the cut off club

Of course the_reflect still sounds cool

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I do have one idea but it is reliant on VT winning the Bioware competition. If he does pull that off then I shall PM the idea...

Well, he did win, so GOGOGOGO

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hook a brother up. Awesome idea.

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    AnngaricusAnngaricus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I so <3 those I wants one!!!

Anngaricus on
    Something more creative to be here shortly.
  • Options
    RCars2RCars2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    aww, im no longer on the second version.....oh well, i would still wear one of these anyways if i gots me one.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    proXimity wrote: »
    I do have one idea but it is reliant on VT winning the Bioware competition. If he does pull that off then I shall PM the idea...

Yes he did indeed win, which by the way still hasn't sunk in. My idea was to pass on a number of badges to VT. That way you either get them from him or me. VT will be easier to find than I as I'll be trawling the Expo hall doing interviews and what not. VT on the other hand will most likely be in a Wrex costume near the Bioware booth. Not hard to find in other words!

There is however one fixed location I will be at. At 4pm on Friday 29th August I will be opening the live broadcast from the PAX show floor of Allgames Radio. This will be located near the media room, adjacent the Evil Avatar area. AGR is broadcasting for 2 hours at the end of every day at this years show.

It would be great if you could stick around and listen in. There will be an area for an audience and we're going to be having guests during the broadcast.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Good idea Kropotkin! Will you happen to be at the Pre-PAX Dinner? You could toss me a stack over there, and I could bring them over to PAX!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    SableSable Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Damn! Do want!

Nice work - you'll be getting mobbed at the show, I daresay.

Sable on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Good idea Kropotkin! Will you happen to be at the Pre-PAX Dinner? You could toss me a stack over there, and I could bring them over to PAX!

I think I may have to put the following statement in my sig as I swear I've said it many times but here goes:

I cannot attend the Pre-PAX dinner due to other commitments namely trying to prevent my brain turning to mush after a 9 hour flight and having dinner with my fellow podcast co-hosts. The pub crawl however may be an option :lol:

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited August 2008
    Ah, lol, I totally forgot! (smacks forehead) =)

Well, I'll be at the Pub Crawl too (hopefully), so that'll work =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Wouldn't that be a cool story as to how you got your handle? "yeah my original one was cut off on this badge thing... long story. RESPECT THE_REFLECT, BITCH!"

You would get +100 winnar points.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    proXimity wrote: »

Yes he did indeed win, which by the way still hasn't sunk in. My idea was to pass on a number of badges to VT. That way you either get them from him or me. VT will be easier to find than I as I'll be trawling the Expo hall doing interviews and what not. VT on the other hand will most likely be in a Wrex costume near the Bioware booth. Not hard to find in other words!

There is however one fixed location I will be at. At 4pm on Friday 29th August I will be opening the live broadcast from the PAX show floor of Allgames Radio. This will be located near the media room, adjacent the Evil Avatar area. AGR is broadcasting for 2 hours at the end of every day at this years show.

It would be great if you could stick around and listen in. There will be an area for an audience and we're going to be having guests during the broadcast.

Sorry to double post but... holy fucking shit. Is Scot Rubin coming to the show? Or are you just broadcasting down to LA for them? If so, I've gotta meet the crew from AGN... I ask cause I used to call in to that show almost every fucking day in my old job, and I also listened EVERY day.

And holy crap... now I recognize your handle too. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Small world. Awesome world.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Wouldn't that be a cool story as to how you got your handle? "yeah my original one was cut off on this badge thing... long story. RESPECT THE_REFLECT, BITCH!"

You would get +100 winnar points.

Yeah, i'm stealing that idea.

RESPECT THE_MOTHERFUCKING_REFLECT!!!

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    On second thought... you and I will have to split those winnar points. 50 each.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    done and done

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sorry to double post but... holy fucking shit. Is Scot Rubin coming to the show? Or are you just broadcasting down to LA for them? If so, I've gotta meet the crew from AGN... I ask cause I used to call in to that show almost every fucking day in my old job, and I also listened EVERY day.

And holy crap... now I recognize your handle too. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Small world. Awesome world.

Mr Rubin will not be gracing us with his presence as he is going to the Burning Man festival instead.

The 'AGN crew' that you refer to have long since moved on since AGN's collapse in 2000. Some of them helped found G4 but have gone on to other things now. I know Laura Foy works for Microsoft but that's all I know about the whereabouts of former AGN staffers.

AGR sprang into life in 2005 and is a very different network than AGN was. AGR broadcasts internet gaming radio 24/7 365 days of the year and hosts a plethora of podcasts as its primary content. It is the hosts of many of these podcasts that will be broadcasting from PAX.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited August 2008
    Oh, neat! That's awesome Kropotkin! I didn't know about all of that stuff you were involved in! Very cool! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Mr Rubin will not be gracing us with his presence as he is going to the Burning Man festival instead.

The 'AGN crew' that you refer to have long since moved on since AGN's collapse in 2000. Some of them helped found G4 but have gone on to other things now. I know Laura Foy works for Microsoft but that's all I know about the whereabouts of former AGN staffers.

AGR sprang into life in 2005 and is a very different network than AGN was. AGR broadcasts internet gaming radio 24/7 365 days of the year and hosts a plethora of podcasts as its primary content. It is the hosts of many of these podcasts that will be broadcasting from PAX.

The AGN "crew" I speak of is the AGR crew. Namely Mayor Young, Jess, and common visitors like Redmond. I was a fan of AGN way back in the day before the fallout, but I never HAD G4 network, so I only saw it at my friend's house. Now I get G4 cause I have expanded cable, and it's a load of crap.

But yeah, and AGR people showing up? I used to idle the chatroom, and call in to the RADIO show as late as last year. I just stopped when they put a ban on radio streaming at my old job...

Now I have a new job, and im not sure why I don't tune in. I guess I should start again today!

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

The AGN "crew" I speak of is the AGR crew. Namely Mayor Young, Jess, and common visitors like Redmond. I was a fan of AGN way back in the day before the fallout, but I never HAD G4 network, so I only saw it at my friend's house. Now I get G4 cause I have expanded cable, and it's a load of crap.

But yeah, and AGR people showing up? I used to idle the chatroom, and call in to the RADIO show as late as last year. I just stopped when they put a ban on radio streaming at my old job...

Now I have a new job, and im not sure why I don't tune in. I guess I should start again today!

Oh right! You're an AGI fan! That's cool. Wel I do know that none of the AGI crew are coming to PAX I'm afraid. It's just a large selection of affiliates and in-house shows from AGR such as The Superhappyfuntime show (which I am a co-host of) and the Bobby Blackwolf Show.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hooray, my handle made it into the final! You like me, you really, really like me...
    Or maybe my name just had the right number of characters. :P

I would love one of these, if possible. But I don't want to cut someone else out of having one who is desperate for it. I don't know how many you made, but if you have enough to go around for everyone who wants one pleasepleaseplease can I have one?

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Oh right! You're an AGI fan! That's cool. Wel I do know that none of the AGI crew are coming to PAX I'm afraid. It's just a large selection of affiliates and in-house shows from AGR such as The Superhappyfuntime show (which I am a co-host of) and the Bobby Blackwolf Show.

Aye. I've listened to the Bobby B show a few times.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just saw the final...awesome, really want one now =D

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    How did I miss this? (I hate being on vacation and having limited internrt access) Can I still get one? I probably wont be able to be squeezed on the back of the card tho right?

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    HAHA yes! I can see my name. BOYEAH!

MaoChan on
  • Options
    Solid_SteveSolid_Steve Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Haha! Half of my name is visible! I feel so LOVED. <3

But yeah, these are awesome- if there are any left over I'd love one.

Solid_Steve on
    Along the shore the cloud waves break,
    The twin suns sink beneath the lake,
    The shadows lengthen
    In Carcosa.
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Kropotkin: I'm going to the Pre-PAX Dinner, and I'm flying in at like noon on Thursday. I can meet you at your hotel pre-dinner and pick up a stack, if you like.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    And you thought I forgot about this thing didn't you? Ohh yes you did. Well you couldn't be more wrong my friends!

Click on the spoiler button below to see the first badge off of the print run:
    Pax_forums_badge.jpg

Distribution is still being discussed. So far I have a firm volunteer with VT and HotSake but we may need more.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Depending on scheduling (Which I am still figuring out :P) I would be willing to distribute some if'n you need more help.

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Wow, it looks fantastic! =)

VThornheart on
This discussion has been closed.