As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giving something back to the PA forumites

• Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yes, indeed. Something I managed to leave out of my previous post (I have no idea how).

They look awesome!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Beee-uuuuuu----tiiiiiii-fuuuulllll

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    While i'm new and certainly not a "regular" (yet), those are damn cool. I'm of the opinion that something like this should be annual with PAX. It'll certainly help the forumites recognize another forumite and that's definitely a bonus in large, con-type situations.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, this will help us buttoneers locate each other easier as well. Awesome job!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, what kind of distribution help do you need? I'll buck up for it if you like. I can also do pass outs on the train or at the Sheraton if that helps.

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • Options
    RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    and at the paramount =0 i still wants one =p I could help you distribute too, if needed =)

Ravenger on
    <@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Looks great, Kropotkinface!
    ^.^

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This is VERY familiar...

I wonder why

Polago on
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Polago wrote: »
    This is VERY familiar...

I wonder why

It does? I'm sure its been done before!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited August 2008
    nemaihne wrote: »
    Well, what kind of distribution help do you need? I'll buck up for it if you like. I can also do pass outs on the train or at the Sheraton if that helps.

I'm not going on the train trip as I'm flying in from London Heathrow to SEA on Thursday afternoon. I think there are only two points where I can get the badges to people. These are:

1) I pass some to VThornheart before the Pre-PAX dinner and he can pass them out there.
    2) People can ask me or VT for one during the expo itself.

I think that's probably the best way to go. I won't be making that many I'm afraid so there will be an element of exclucivity to them. You can't buy them or pick them up from a booth. It'll be me or VT handing them out, so long as we have them. Note that this also applies to the Paxonieer's badge.

Also note that I will not be wearing one as I'm required to wear the Allgames Radio Staff badge. If anything that will be a marker for you to spot me :P

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited August 2008
    I'll be at the dinner Kropotkin, if you want someone to hand some out to BYOC peoples.

Edit: I seemed to have put the wrong name in there :P Fix'd now.

Snickers on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Snickers wrote: »
    I'll be at the dinner Tr0tsky, if you want someone to hand some out to BYOC peoples.

Greatly appreciated by the BYOC peoples!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Aye, having more people to hand it out could be helpful, just in case... I'd be worried that I wouldn't run into everyone. I hope that I will... but I get this feeling as it gets closer that there's going to be so many people there that I won't run into everyone from the PAX crowd. But I do hope I run into everyone =) Either way, having Snickers help might up the odds of giving it to everyone who wanted one =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Aye, having more people to hand it out could be helpful, just in case... I'd be worried that I wouldn't run into everyone. I hope that I will... but I get this feeling as it gets closer that there's going to be so many people there that I won't run into everyone from the PAX crowd. But I do hope I run into everyone =) Either way, having Snickers help might up the odds of giving it to everyone who wanted one =)

If help is needed I volunteer as I will be buttoning and trying to mingle with forum people to the nth degree cuz you all suck ass and by suck ass I mean totally rock.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey have you printed these out yet? If not, I'd like to be added to the list! =D

waffleboi9 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    waffleboi9 wrote: »
    Hey have you printed these out yet? If not, I'd like to be added to the list! =D

Print run will be formerly initiated tomorrow. I'm not sure how many I plan to do but it will be quite a few I can assure you.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Do one for me :) I'll be at the dinner too, and with my name so nicely sat in th middle there I can't not get one :)

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    Do one for me :) I'll be at the dinner too, and with my name so nicely sat in th middle there I can't not get one :)

This is true but you already have in your possession a Paxioneer Badge and hence do not qualify for a PA Forum badge. Sorry old bean.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This is prolly one of the two things I am the most excited about. :D

Well, okay, 3 or 4 things, but still.

:D

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    kropotkin wrote: »

This is true but you already have in your possession a Paxioneer Badge and hence do not qualify for a PA Forum badge. Sorry old bean.

But my name's on it! :'(

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    kropotkin wrote: »

But my name's on it! :'(

You're a member of the Royal Paxonieer Corps as is LewieP, who is also plastered all over the PA Forum badge. Look I'm doing you a favour here! You don't want to be weighed down by these things!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited August 2008
    I have managed to print 90 PA PAX Forum badges and around 30 Paxonieer badges. I'm chatting to VT about initial distribution. Sorry I couldn't make any more but I'm limited by both time and materials.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I call dibs on a forum badge!

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    There are no dibs people, its first come first serve only :P

Snickers on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What is a Paxonieer? If I don't know what it means, I probably am not one, eh?

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

I believe it is the Foreign Forumers???

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

that's kinda what I thought ;-)

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

All residents of a Commonwealth nation are eligable for a Royal Paxonieer Corps badge. It's very different to the PAX forum badge as it's emblazoned with a Union Jack flag. Here's a pick of it:

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited August 2008
    You know what is awesome? IF the badge you are making is the right size, it fits in the assassins badge holder.......

That's so great!

Whytmage on
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The badges for both the PA PAX Forum members and the Royal Paxonieer Corps have now been printed and are bound up ready for travel:
    PA_Forum_Badges_Complete.jpg

There are 3 bundles of 30 of the PA Forum badges. One for me and VThornheart and the last one goes to Snickers. I'm hoping that tr0tsky will able to hand out the Paxonieer badges as well.

We're days away people, really looking forward to meeting at least some of you.

Oh I almost forgot! One of the badges has a printing defect. I was going to throw it out but have decided to make a little competition around it. The person that has the badge with the printing defect gains the chance of taking something from the 'Bag of Randomness' that I'll have with me at PAX. The bag has a assortment of stuff. Some of it cool, some of it quite pointless and some of it is truely amazing, oh yes.

In order to claim the prize you simply have to present the badge to me that has the defect on it. I will know it when I see it, so no defacing your badges please!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited August 2008
    What is the defect so we can look for it?

((And also, what are the odds that I can have a Forumer badge reserved for me in return for a rare limited edition misprint 'Zephyril' button at the Pre PAX dinner since I won't be there til like 7:15? )).

Whytmage on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Whytmage wrote: »

I think that is the point. Since it is a First-Come-First-Serve basis (And more than likely my chances of getting one are SLIM to none--since my plane doesn't land until 10:30AM on Friday) we all have to think we have a good one until we study it. Plus, the prize is from his bag of randomness...

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Whytmage wrote: »

((And also, what are the odds that I can have a Forumer badge reserved for me in return for a rare limited edition misprint 'Zephyril' button at the Pre PAX dinner since I won't be there til like 7:15? )).

I really won't be at the PAX dinner as I have explained before. I'm having dinner with my podcast co-hosts you see.

If you bump into VT or Snickers at the dinner then they will have 29 badges a piece to hand out. I know which batch of badges has the defect and I'm not saying if VT or Snickers will get it...

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited August 2008
    I solemnly promise, that I will take ONLY the top badge for myself, and NOT look for the defect.

It will stay as random as I can make it!

Snickers on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Neither of them had badges when i asked, and i don't think they had run out. Hopefully, i can grab one tomorrow. :D

Whytmage on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I think I saw, back on one of the many pages that VT will have them in his minion job at the bioware booth. Is this correct?

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I still have a fair few badges. I'm wearing this shirt:
    _dspImage.cfm?iImageID=521&iSize=1

Ask me for a badge and I'll give you one :)

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I just wanted to say thank you for the badge, Kropotkin! It was awesome of you to make these up for us.

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Out of sheer curiosity, who did have the defective one?

And what was it?

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    By the way, I never got one. I asked multiple people and the people that did have some still said they were "on hold" for specific people.

I never saw kropotkin though.

wtf...

TrainwreckX on
This discussion has been closed.