As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Conservapedia -- the more truthy wiki

• Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Editing Conservapedia to more accurately reflect reality is a lost cause, as reality has a clear liberal bias.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Its entry on Obama also asserts that he "has no clear personal achievement that cannot be explained as the likely result of affirmative action"
    Damn. That is really stupid.

Couscous on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It works better as unintentional humor

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    http://www.conservapedia.com/Talk:Sun

They actually discuss that there's not enough mention of God in the page on the Sun. What's worse is I can't tell if it's being serious or not.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I like how they changed Pope John Paul II's quote from "evolution is more than a just hypothesis" to "evolution is just one hypothesis."

Natrually, evil "evolutionists" are to blame for all recordings of the first version. How dare they.

LadyM on
  • Options
    john fechonjohn fechon Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I like how the obama article is a long criticism of everything he's ever done or didn't do. The george bush article is much shorter and to the point. And clinton's is wow, that man did nothing but free terrorists and missles and impeachment. Nixon is cast in a much better light.

The democratic party page has a 'see also' linking to phonemarking for no apparent reason. I could do this all day.

Edit: Hey, we're on there:
    http://www.conservapedia.com/Penny_Arcade

Kind of disappointed.

john fechon on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Delving deeper into the Uncyclopedia page, they seem to have invented a game out of posting things on Conservapedia. I present:

Conservatroll

Very funny...

oldmanken on
  • Options
    ThaumaturgistThaumaturgist Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Has anyone ever tried five clicks to Jesus with Wikipedia?

I bet it would be really, really easy to play on Conservapedia.

Thaumaturgist on
    XBL: Abiff PSN: Thaumaturgist
    http://www.suboptimist.com
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man, how did I not know about Uncyclopedia before this? This shit is brilliant.

The factual accuracy of this article is absolutely indisputable.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Their article on Islam is actually not bad (for Conservapedia). I'm shocked, I was sure it would be more like, "Muslims are filthy, murderous pigs and we should nuke them all."

LadyM on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

They actually discuss that there's not enough mention of God in the page on the Sun. What's worse is I can't tell if it's being serious or not.

Did you check out the name of the guy who was complaining about the lack of God? "NeverForget" it's like a perfect storm of ignorant BS.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    tsmvengy wrote: »

Did you check out the name of the guy who was complaining about the lack of God? "NeverForget" it's like a perfect storm of ignorant BS.

Yeah, looks like that guy was one of the earlier Conservatrolls. You need a bit more subtlety than that nowadays.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I'm going to employ the insane Finland Duck and see how long it lasts.

I also fixed the Lewis Black quote on the Daily Show page. No longer is it favorably! It is now sarcastically!

EDIT: How do you screenshot?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I also fixed the Lewis Black quote on the Daily Show page. No longer is it favorably! It is now sarcastically!

prntscrn

Daedalus on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Schlafly's edits on the Lief Erikson page are hilarious. He tries to state that there is no evidence that the Vikings landed here in Newfoundland, citing that only two small artifacts were found. Apparently he is unaware of the facts that they actually excavated eight buildings here... the guy is an absolute loon.

Seriously, why would you dispute whether Erikson was the first to come to North America... does it somehow invalidate conservative doctrine?

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Finland Duck? Did I miss something? Also, I disapprove of your user name.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Aww. It got changed back.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Read the uncyclopedia article.
    and his username predates yours by two years.

edit: the Duck will only ever work if nobody is checking incoming edits, or if there are so many that it slips through.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My what busy little bees you've all been.

@Conservacompletelycrackers - Every time I go to this site I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Sometimes I do both.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »

edit: the Duck will only ever work if nobody is checking incoming edits, or if there are so many that it slips through.
    I got it there for a minute.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »

I got it there for a minute.

According to the official rules, you need it to stand for ten minutes to get any points. I'm sorry, I don't make the rules.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Will have to check it out when I get home.
    Having a time machine is not an excuse.

Armored Gorilla on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    oldmanken wrote: »
    Schlafly's edits on the Lief Erikson page are hilarious. He tries to state that there is no evidence that the Vikings landed here in Newfoundland, citing that only two small artifacts were found. Apparently he is unaware of the facts that they actually excavated eight buildings here... the guy is an absolute loon.

Seriously, why would you dispute whether Erikson was the first to come to North America... does it somehow invalidate conservative doctrine?

it has little ot do with conservative doctrine but everything to do with reinforcing a belief system based on breathtaking myopia, paranoia and total ignorance to reality.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    OMG! They have an entry for Cthulhu! http://www.conservapedia.com/Cthulhu

And it's actually pretty cogent! Somebody fuck with it! Ith' act'f'athagn!

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ah, fuck. I got blocked for 5 years.

Will someone go edit the Zombie article? Clerics can not utterly annihilate them with pure faith alone. They have to cast Revive first.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

it has little ot do with conservative doctrine but everything to do with reinforcing a belief system based on breathtaking myopia, paranoia and total ignorance to reality.

I still don't get how Columbus can be described as discovering a land which was populated. You can easily fix the obvious issues with logic, but no we have to be obstinate and pretend that what was taught in 4th grade is and always will be right in our 9 planet solar system.

moniker on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    First to edit the penny arcade entry on conservapedia to add "Penny Arcade forums is a well known place where liberal communists convene to plot the downfall of America." gets a cookie.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    moniker wrote: »

I still don't get how Columbus can be described as discovering a land which was populated. You can easily fix the obvious issues with logic, but no we have to be obstinate and pretend that what was taught in 4th grade is and always will be right in our 9 planet solar system.

4th grade sounds about the level of education most of Conservapedia's contributors have.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ah, fuck. I got blocked for 5 years.

Will someone go edit the Zombie article? Clerics can not utterly annihilate them with pure faith alone. They have to cast Revive first.

*Lays on hands*

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    moniker wrote: »

4th grade sounds about the level of education most of Conservapedia's contributors have.

That's laughable.

These people are home schooled, remember?

shryke on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The Columbus article says that they didn't know the circumference of the Earth at the time. They knew that Columbus was underestimating the circumference.
    wikipedia wrote:
    Columbus, believed the (incorrect) calculations of Marinus of Tyre, putting the landmass at 225 degrees, leaving only 135 degrees of water. Moreover, Columbus believed that one degree represented a shorter distance on the earth's surface than was actually the case. Finally, he read maps as if the distances were calculated in Italian miles (1,238 meters). Accepting the length of a degree to be 56⅔ miles, from the writings of Alfraganus, he therefore calculated the circumference of the Earth as 25,255 kilometers at most, and the distance from the Canary Islands to Japan as 3,000 Italian miles (3,700 km, or 2,300 statute miles) Columbus did not realize Al-Farghani used the much longer Arabic mile (about 1,830 m).

The main problem was that experts did not accept his estimate. The true circumference of the Earth is about 40,000 km (25,000 sm), a figure established by Eratosthenes in the second century BC,[7] and the distance from the Canary Islands to Japan 19,600 km (12,200 sm). No ship that was readily available in the 15th century could carry enough food and fresh water for such a journey. Most European sailors and navigators concluded, likely correctly, that sailors undertaking a westward voyage from Europe to Asia non-stop would die of thirst or starvation long before reaching their destination. Spain, however, having completed an expensive war, was desperate for a competitive edge over other European countries in trade with the East Indies. Columbus promised such an advantage.
    I was banned quickly.
    http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2764/36321997vf7.jpg

Couscous on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    First to edit the penny arcade entry on conservapedia to add "Penny Arcade forums is a well known place where liberal communists convene to plot the downfall of America." gets a cookie.

I was going to suggest that the article mention all the comics in which Jesus appears.

"In the comic appearing on *date*, Jesus Christ descended from Heaven amidst choirs of angels, expressing enthusiasm for deep-fried Twinkies."

It should make it sound like Penny Arcade isn't making fun of Jesus at all.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

It ain't that hard on Wikipedia.

On Conservapedia, you might only need 1 or 2, most of the time.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Erandus wrote: »

It ain't that hard on Wikipedia.

On Conservapedia, you might only need 1 or 2, most of the time.

unless you end up starting on a linkless stub.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    KalTorak wrote: »

I was going to suggest that the article mention all the comics in which Jesus appears.

"In the comic appearing on *date*, Jesus Christ descended from Heaven amidst choirs of angels, expressing enthusiasm for deep-fried Twinkies."

Whoever sneaks the picture of Jesus throwing up the horns into the Jesus entry wins the internets.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wow

the article on homosexuals is really long

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »

Whoever sneaks the picture of Jesus throwing up the horns into the Jesus entry wins the internets.

remember, if it doesn't stay up for at least ten minutes, it doesn't count.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Wow

clearly the editors there have put quite a bit of thought into this topic!

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Wow

No one ever claimed that conservatives weren't obsessed with homosexuals.

Couscous on
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    titmouse wrote: »
    The Columbus article says that they didn't know the circumference of the Earth at the time. They knew that Columbus was underestimating the circumference.
    wikipedia wrote:
    Columbus, believed the (incorrect) calculations of Marinus of Tyre, putting the landmass at 225 degrees, leaving only 135 degrees of water. Moreover, Columbus believed that one degree represented a shorter distance on the earth's surface than was actually the case. Finally, he read maps as if the distances were calculated in Italian miles (1,238 meters). Accepting the length of a degree to be 56⅔ miles, from the writings of Alfraganus, he therefore calculated the circumference of the Earth as 25,255 kilometers at most, and the distance from the Canary Islands to Japan as 3,000 Italian miles (3,700 km, or 2,300 statute miles) Columbus did not realize Al-Farghani used the much longer Arabic mile (about 1,830 m).

The main problem was that experts did not accept his estimate. The true circumference of the Earth is about 40,000 km (25,000 sm), a figure established by Eratosthenes in the second century BC,[7] and the distance from the Canary Islands to Japan 19,600 km (12,200 sm). No ship that was readily available in the 15th century could carry enough food and fresh water for such a journey. Most European sailors and navigators concluded, likely correctly, that sailors undertaking a westward voyage from Europe to Asia non-stop would die of thirst or starvation long before reaching their destination. Spain, however, having completed an expensive war, was desperate for a competitive edge over other European countries in trade with the East Indies. Columbus promised such an advantage.
    I was banned quickly.
    http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2764/36321997vf7.jpg

Wait, were you editing the Columbus section, the Charles Darwin section, or both?

Kruite on
This discussion has been closed.