As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[LET'S PLAY] I Wanna Be The Guy! BONUS SUMMARY VIDEO! (NSF56K)

• Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Finally made it through.

I am a little disappointed that "OH LU BU YOU COCK-GRABBING PIECE OF FECES" didn't make it into the bonus though.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Heh, I must have missed that one somewhere. It definitely would have put it into the bonus video if I had heard it. As it stands, there was some cursing that didn't actually make it into the videos themselves in there, like when the screen goes black for a second and I say, "Fuck fuck fuck." Also, I did draw a whole lot more attention to the perversion during the Kirby-music part.

Maybe knowing that I didn't even fit every curse in there will make those who didn't watch the originals give them a shot. ;-)

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The sheer fact that the game made you spend six and a half minutes continuously swearing is itself the most impressive thing about this vid. Also, "slippery and hard"...so damn funny.

Rent on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I didn't get all of it, either...

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    ftrftr Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

My favourite, I think, was "hairy lesbian sandwich".

ftr on
    PSN: ftr2k8
    PC PS3 PS2 DS PSP.
  • Options
    atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ftr wrote: »

My favourite, I think, was "hairy lesbian sandwich".

I think that may be my second fav after "twatberry"

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    didn't he saw "twadberry"?

ftr on
    PC PS3 PS2 DS PSP.
  • Options
    atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    pretty sure it was twatberry

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I could have sworn it was a as in aw, as opposed to a as in ah

ftr on
    PC PS3 PS2 DS PSP.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    ftr wrote: »
    I could have sworn it was a as in aw, as opposed to a as in ah

It is. That's how you say "Twat" in English.

As opposed to British.

:P

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    MooreningMoorening Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, since this seems to be the IWBTG support group. I would like to say:

Hello, my name is Matt and I [strike]Wanna Be[/strike] Am The Guy.

My total death count should be at least triple of what it is, but seeing as I played at work when I had the time and there was a lot of quitting early to work/due to frustration, and the game crashed quite a bit. My total death count stands at 546.

It's funny because as I shot out the last bit of him, one of the flying spikes shot up and killed me just after he died. I got the game over screen and as I was screaming in a fit of rage the gave me the end and the credit for actually killing him. My rage subsided and I watched the ending again and made sure it gave me credit in the beginning screen. It did, I am happy.

Moorening on
    It would appear there ain't no rest for the wicked...who knew?
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mother Brain glitched up and ever shot out of 5 was hitting her

but I found a pattern and I can do it later! :P

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    What triggered the glitch, do you know?

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think I hit a spaghettio when it was on her and it clipped her or something.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well at least it isn't something that happens to you every time!

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    ShiflettShiflett Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I watched all of the videos today, one of the funniest things I've ever seen, i'm currently trying my best not to download the game and start on a endless journey of heart problems and failure.

I'd just like to say that you sir are awesome, and that I never imagined the line "c'mon snifit you giant asshole" would make me laugh as much as it did :lol:

*my hat is off to you*

Shiflett on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Shiflett wrote: »
    I watched all of the videos today, one of the funniest things I've ever seen, i'm currently trying my best not to download the game and start on a endless journey of heart problems and failure.

I'd just like to say that you sir are awesome, and that I never imagined the line "c'mon snifit you giant asshole" would make me laugh as much as it did :lol:

*my hat is off to you*

Do it.

Do it.

What are you, scared?

Do it.

Seriously, it's like bootcamp for your twitch-platforming skills.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    ShiflettShiflett Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Shiflett wrote: »

*my hat is off to you*

Do it.

Do it.

What are you, scared?

Do it.

Seriously, it's like bootcamp for your twitch-platforming skills.

I did it!

heart attack here i come!

Shiflett on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Wow, I thought this LP had seen all of the viewers it would see.

Thanks for your kind words. I want to start another one, but I had better wait until I can update as often as I updated this one. I wouldn't want people to start hating me for starting something that will take me a long time to finish.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    For what it's worth, there's a few ongoing/complete LPs that took months to resolve. People will keep up if it's worth watching, so it's not like there's a need for constant updates(they're just good to have).

Granted, it's probaby a lot easier for video LPs.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, maybe I'll just get things going and update when I can.

This LP was a pretty low-budget affair, but I got better with the tools at my disposal as I went. I hope to continue that trend into my new one.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I demand you do another let's play. This one was spectacular. Although it DID in fact get me to download this game and added +10 to my self-hatred, but it was awesome nonetheless.

Also, falling up apple/cherry/red balls of hatred are my worst enemy. Just above spikes.

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    A very, very hard game that is basically the Vic Viper section of this game is the japanese Touhou series of doujin soft games. Putting that on in lunatic mode is enough to reduce me to fits of hysterical laughter.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    'Lu Bu, you cock grabbing piece of feces' is probably the single best line in this...

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    SamorisSamoris Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You know, I use to play this game, I got to The Guy and I got him down to one more shot on the big head phase part 3 about 4 times before I deleted the game from my system.

Samoris on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    That's like (spoilered for potentially disgusting sexual analogy (but honestly you should be used to this sort of thing based on the content in this LP))
    getting a breath away from climax and then having a weasel come and chomp your cock off.

All that work for nothing!

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Has anyone ever fired up this game and instead of hitting "SHIFT" or whatever to go to the save selection screen, let it sit for a minute? A scrolling item list comes up with some interesting things in it, hehe.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yep, I just never stuck it in my Let's Play.

Also, sorry I haven't started anything else yet. You can blame my late semester 10-page essays and Fallout 3/Dead Space.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    josh

josh

josh

oh my god I love you so much for making this LP. so much

Senshi on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What I'd like to see is a montage. All of a person's virgin play through recorded and presented in five minutes of blistering, mind numbing death and curses.

Bonus points if their swearing is turned into a musical composition.

Edit.

OH HAI. I must have read the title and promptly imagined what a bonus video would be and lo, there it is.

Edit edit.

Is he crying while he's swearing at the screen? It sounds like he's crying.

This man needed a thousand hugs during the filming of this lets play and I'll bet he didn't get even half that many.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Josh we need another LP from you
    NOW

Rent on
  • Options
    CohsaeCohsae Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What I would like to hear is like a meta-montage of swearing taken from the no doubt numerous vids of people swearing at this game. Also, get some sort of epic edit of all the FUCKs together, melded into one gigantic minute-long FUuuUu!UU!uUCK. I'd buy that for a dollar.

Cohsae on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well, damn. I had been thinking about what I would do next if I did another one. It's almost like I have to, now.

No, I got precious few hugs during the making of this. As in, none.

I'm trying to think of LPs that haven't been seriously overdone. If you'll read back a little bit, you'll see that I was thinking about System Shock 2 on Impossible. I'm not sure if that's what it'll end up as or not.

Next week is finals. After that, I can hunker down and start whatever it is I decide on.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    RentRent
    hugs josh 5,093 times 2 months ago
    NOW YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE
    Braid, incidentally, might be a good game for you if you haven't played it yet
    Especially since it's short
    You can then attempt a speed run after for hair-pulling frustration

I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    hugs josh 5,093 times 2 months ago
    NOW YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE
    Braid, incidentally, might be a good game for you if you haven't played it yet
    Especially since it's short
    You can then attempt a speed run after for hair-pulling frustration

Rent on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I think I've decided to do a Let's Play of Iji on the hardest mode and start a trend of intense indie platforming. I already own Braid, but I don't have any sort of capturing equipment for my 360, so that's out. Besides, real men game on PC whenever possible.

If I don't get too many "No, that would suck" comments you can probably expect the first installment in two weeks. I've beaten the game before on normal, so it will be interesting to see if I can handle it when I crank up the fuckin' difficulty.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I think I've decided to do a Let's Play of Iji on the hardest mode and start a trend of intense indie platforming. I already own Braid, but I don't have any sort of capturing equipment for my 360, so that's out. Besides, real men game on PC whenever possible.

If I don't get too many "No, that would suck" comments you can probably expect the first installment in two weeks. I've beaten the game before on normal, so it will be interesting to see if I can handle it when I crank up the fuckin' difficulty.

I have never heard of this game
    Thus, I approve
    Also, boo on you and your PC ;P
    Seriously though I'm just happy that another LP by you is coming out, it's been far too long duders

Rent on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Iji is an RPG metroidvania with a little Out of This World sprinkled in. You can actually beat the game with a total kill count of 2, but that won't work with my LP. I still haven't mapped out my skills, but killin' dudes will be a priority.

EDIT:

Also, I wasn't sure when I made this first one if I was going to follow it up or even finish it. I'm just glad it was enjoyable to some of you folks, hope I can continue to keep it interesting.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This was one of my favorite LP's, and you actually finished it (which can be rare).

Looking forward to the next one!

Also, hairy lesbian sandwich.

Pemulis on
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Me think me will watch the entire thing one more time in preparation for Iji.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    In the bonus video you can clearly see a trend of josh getting angrier as the game progresses. Its awesome.

bamjo on