As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E - IC] zephyr : "[Game Activity Related Tagline Here]"

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ewan Stark
    Zephyr, ??
    Merkaban-Highborne War, The Day after Retribution Day
    Seconds after you pass through the portal, Raoul comes behind. The air is still charged with the magical energies of your teleportation. You can't quite place what, but something in the air feels different. You hadn't been on the Lands Below long enough to have difficulties adjusting to the much lower air pressure on Foehn, so what was it?

A pair of soldiers push open the chamber doors, and let out a cry of horror.

Brottor Ungart
    Alabaster Citadel, Refugee Area - Highborne Section
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War, Ceasefire Day 6
    "My name is Calvin, it's a pleasure to meet you." 'Assistant' introduces himself. Calvin walks away from the two of you, down a flight of stairs into the yacht's interior.

"Well, I know you're the Hero of Konstogar!" You don't really think of yourself as much of a hero.

"Now, as I was saying before, I have lots of records and accounts of points in the Merkaban-Highborne war, but I know little to nothing about what happened in the Lands Below, before our war. You, on the other hand lived through that! In order to fully capture the story, I must know what happened down there..."

Keegan Lyriao
    Alabaster Citadel, "The Collection"
    The Smoke Dancer hovers at your shoulder, mimicing a person thinking very hard. The range of action and emotion implied by the image made you wonder just how much of an illusion it actually was. In either case, you hadn't made much progress in figuring out how exactly you'd make it back to the Refugee section after the heist.

Another problem crossed your mind once you make it back to the "pottery room" portal. When you peer into it, you can see that the small room is unoccupied. But how long would you have before the Caretakers discover that the very centerpiece of the Collection had been stolen?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    "What is it?"
    Passive Perception = 17

TheMadjai on
    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Brottor stares at the Eladrin for a couple of minutes. "It's no wonder why you were recieved the way you were back there. A year has not even passed since many, if not all, of those people lost someone they cared for. Then you come and ask them to dredge up those painful memories, poking at the festering wound just for your own amusement! How dare y-" Stopping, Brottor takes a moment to compose himself.

"What you seek to do is a noble task. It is something that should be done for future generations but you lack respect. Respect for those who died, respect for those who must carry on. You may not have lost anyone, but you must understand that many of the people you confront, have."

Lardalish on
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm not going to have much time to get out of here once the Caretakers notice this thing is gone. I've gotta keep moving.

Nightbird steps through the portal and stops before leaving the room to listen for sounds and look for any lights outside the door.

Denada on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ewan Stark
    Zephyr, Foehn
    Stepping past the soldiers and out of the chamber you can see why they were horrified. You finally made it back to Foehn, or at least what was left of it. The street that the chamber was located on ends abruptly in open sky. Floating all around at various altitudes were more remains of the island.

Iam, Raoul and several of the other soldiers step outside as well.

Iam walks over to one of the charred edges of this chunk of Foehn. He takes a look over the ledge. "There's more down there!"

"The Merkabans... they did this?" a soldier looks at you, his face pale.

"What do we do now?"

"Where do we go?"

There's a panic building up amongst the ranks.

Brottor Ungart
    "I'm sorry. It's just..." Filled with shame Naro looks down at some of the books that are strewn about his deck.

You notice Calvin standing at the stairwell. He'd probably overheard the two of you. It looks as though he's going to say something for a moment, but he remains silent.

(Passive Perception, Success) In the distance you can hear the sound of a large, angry, group of people moving closer. It seems that Naro made a lot of friends the past few days...

Keegan Lyriao
    Alabaster Citadel, "The Collection"
    The room is just as deserted of life as when you first came through. The constant thrumming of whatever kept the Citadel in the air was the only sound in the room. The corridors and other large areas didn't seem to carry the sound as well, you guessed.

On the first level several feet away, you hear a loud crashing sound, accompanied by the sound of rustling leaves and twigs snapping and breaking.

"Gods dammit, why don't they turn on the gods damned lights?" It was a Knight, the one you'd spoken with earlier.

"That center median was there when we first came through here. It's not as though it moved."

"Shut up! I'm tired of this place. I just want to go home. Man. Home. It'll never be the same. Those damn Merkabans. Let's get out of here."

"What about the carts?"

"We'll get one of those slow talkers to bring it back to the refugee area."

"The sooner we get court-martialed, the sooner we're out of this place, right?"

"Damn right."

You can hear the duo moving away from you. Perhaps fortune favored the wicked.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hearing something outside, Brottor walks over to a window and looks out. "Naro? Calvin? Its might be time to hoist anchor for a little while..."
    Perception (1d20 4=21) looking at whoever is coming, seeing what they are (unruly mob, town guard, etc.), what kind of weapons they've got, numbers, basically anything I could tell from looking at them

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn Staci
    Foehn, Knight's HQ - Medical Ward
    Merkaban-Highborne War, Retribution Day

"...and we will wipe their accursed city off the map. The Merkabans will be made into an example, so that all Lowborne will know that we Highborne, united, are a force to be reckoned with. Today is the day of our Retribution!"

The voice of Andrei Vaughn echoes throughout the medical ward from the speakers, (they would function/look different than our kind of speakers, but to make things simple I'm just going to call them speakers here.) yet you remember them well. You were there when the man first put this notion together, standing above your broken body.

Halny island was never truly big or of any importance before its main city, Cornales, was levelled by its very protectors, the Zephyr Knights. But that desperate move served to put the Highborne into gear for the long haul. Destractors would claim that what was done was unecessary, but few of them had seen the damage that the Black Knights were capable of first hand.

While you were recovering over the months in the ward many others would come. All would share stories of similar horrors. The stories were always the same from the survivors. They would attack the weakest first, picking off any opponent who portayed even the slightest sign of disadvantage in combat. They were sent to this ward to prevent them from telling what happened to them to others.

You also had a lot of time to think and ponder about things. At least Smith made it, and he was even going to partake in the Retribution Day battle. That gave you some hope as you lay there in bed. You were able to get around, but you weren't exactly combat ready.

But enough reflection, you think to yourself. You're in your room in the Ward. The bed adjacent to you is empty. The wounded cleric of the Raven Queen who you once shared a room with was sent home. He could no longer fight. He did leave behind an emblem, and many words of encouragement.

Brottor Ungart
    With a metallic clank the grapple used to affix the yacht to the Citadel's floor was released and began to retract into the ship's hull. One of the more adventurous of the crowd manages to grab hold of it, but falls before reaching the top. The rest of the mob gathers below the yacht, clamoring and screaming for Naro. The man certainly had been busy. You peer over the deck. Off in the distance, there were some knights, but they don't seem particularly interested in the events that are happening at the moment.

"Well... they can't climb up here, at least." Calvin says.

SHUNTH! A sound draws your attention to the port side of the yacht. Somebody in the crowd just attached a core grapple to the side, and had begun to shimmy up the rope.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lothril grimaces hearing the shouts directed at him and the spy. This was not turning out how he had planned. He quickly turns around and addresses the spy.

"I think I can get us out of this, but you need to play along. If you want to get out of this alive, follow my lead." The whispers come out of Lothril's mouth with urgency, hoping the spy feels the same way he feels.

Lothril stands up in the street, and holds out his hands trying to plead with the people. "No, I am one of you! I, and my companion here, are members of the Mages Guild, and are on official business for the Guild Master himself. Our mission is vital to the war efforts!"
    Diplomacy (1d20 7=27)
    Bluff (1d20 2=21)
    Included both of them just in case, take your pick. I'm happy with either 8-).

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "May Eladrin guide us." Ewan peers out over the edge into the emptiness. He looks over the faces of his comrades. Iam, Raoul... no one manages to withhold their shock and disappointment.

Ewan collects his thoughts and turns to Iam. "I promised you we would not die today. I intend to keep that promise. Raoul, do you know the sigil sequence for the Mage's guild? Surely all cannot be lost."

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nightbird grinned at his good fortune. He wasted no time in shadowing the Knights on their way back to the refugee area.

It was almost too easy hiding from them. Where they were stumbling and crashing through the dimly lit corridor, he was light on his feet, swiftly flowing from one darkened corner to the next.

He felt sorry for them though. They weren't just tired. They were broken. Nobody deserved what had happened. These two had survived, but how many had not? How many of their brothers' bodies had fallen to the Lands Below?

Denada on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan Stark
    Zephyr, Foehn
    "What, No speech?" Raoul smirks. "Ewan Stark, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there is no way we can use the Guild's chamber. It was sealed 2 weeks into this war. I thought it was rather strange that we were able to get up here, though now I can see why..." Raoul trails off as he looks at the debris.

"On the bright side, we are gaining altitude. Sooner or later, we'll either freeze to death or suffocate when the air gets too thin. We all meet her someday."

Death. The Raven Queen. Sensing that his answer was far from the one you desired Raoul continues.

"If it'll put your soul at ease, I'm sure I can rattle off as many sigil sequences as I can recall without my ritual book?"

(Roll Perception, a d20 with no modifiers twice, and a percentile, please.)

Lothril Issrin
    Acacia Island, Acacia - Mage's Guildhouse
    Skill Challenge Cleared! +125 XP
    Objective: Get the spy to the CHOPPA.
    Primary Skills: Diplomacy (Cha), Bluff (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Perception (WIS), Insight (INT), Stealth (DEX)
    Progress: Successes 4 of 4, Failures 1 of 3
    *Insight - Success: You know about some useful alleyways you can take along the way.
    *Intimidate - Success: You've intimidated the spy successfully.
    *Perception - Success: Making sure the way is clear.
    * Stealth - Failure. - Sneaking across the street.
    * Diplomacy - Success! - Mobs are stupid anyway.
    You can hear a voice in the back yell out. "Oh yea? Then why is your friend so beat up?"

"It was the Spy, he did this to me. I tried to stop him." The Spy breaks down into tears. He was a good actor. he fooled us all. You think as you try to hide your disgust.

"I'll rip his eyes out and bake them into a pie for you!" An old lady calls out.

"Hurry! The carriage is almost at the port!" Another voice calls out. The mob turns, and begins to head back along its path. You still had the paper with the sigil sequence you were to use in hand. The only thing left to do was go inside and put it to use.

Keegan Lyriao
    Alabaster Citadel, Corridor
    The two Knights continue along the corridor, which felt much shorter now that you weren't alone. They don't really bother to speak much, save for mentioning heading to the 'tavern' after this. There's light up ahead, which you clearly recognize from the projection as being the entrance to the Refugee Area.

Just before they reach the Caretaker "doorman" you hop out of the shadows and trail behind them. You act natural, hiding in plain sight. This Caretaker is a human male who looks the part save for his well, claws. He doesn't seem to pay you any mind as the three of you go by. Fortunately, the Knights hadn't bothered to post guards on their side.

"Bah, we forgot to tell him about the carts."

"It's not like they won't notice them."

"Yeah. You're right..."

The two Knights continue along their way as you go about your own. You've done the impossible. Now, the only thing left to do was to get the Key to Maestro and accept your reward.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "Your soul may be prepared to meet the Lady, Raoul, but I promised this young man something, and I do not break my word. If you would be so kind as to let me know what you can remember, I'll do you the favor of giving you the option of remaining here to meet Her. Should you so choose. For the rest of us, we'd like the choice." Ewan stated matter-of-factly. If the survival of this crew relied on Raoul's accurate recital, it would be best not to give him a reason to mistake his memory. Especially if he was prepared to die.

Ewan turned to what could very well be the remains of the entire Highborne population. He didn't have the heart for a rousing speech. He wasn't sure even he would believe it.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Quinn sits on the edge of the bed and picks up the cleric's emblem off the table next to his bed, turning it over slowly in his hands. A raven is stamped upon it, and the creature's eyes seem to follow him as he twists the icon around. It feels warm to his touch, and he feels stronger with it than without. Quinn never spent any time thinking about the gods or the afterlife before his injury, and even after he was operated on and put in this room, he still had no prayers to offer or favors to ask of any gods.

The cleric, though, inspired Quinn when they began to share a room, despite his skepticism. They had many conversations over the past few months, and through it all the cleric maintained... not optimism, but more a sense of acceptance, a true sense of peace with the horrible injuries he had and the horrors he saw. Quinn sighs, wondering when he would know if he could go back to the front, or if he would be sent home as well.

Quinn stands up and wobbles slightly on his injured leg, then starts walking forward, wincing every time he limps out of a mixture of pain and shame. He clutches the emblem in his hand tightly. He moves towards the door and opens it, intent on doing his daily exercises to try to keep up his strength.

Jebu on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan Stark
    Zephyr, Foehn
    "If they did this to Foehn, I doubt there's anywhere safe for us to go." Raoul turns to head back towards the chamber. "But fine, I'll try the ones I can remember."

"What?" He stops midway, his attention focused on something slightly high above the ruins of Foehn. Everybody looks towards where his attention is focused.

Just below the afternoon sun, there is a large object shining brightly in the sky. From this distance you can't make out what it is exactly, but it must be huge.

"It's got to be above the Upper Layers..." Iam mutters.

"It can't be." Raoul adds.

Quinn Staci
    There were limits to what even magic could heal and your body crossed that line and came back. Your recovery was nothing short of a miracle, given you had been laying out on the field for hours after your defeat. Yet there you were, standing.

The hallway of the Ward was empty, the other doors closed. Because you had been there for so long you were one of the few people to have 'earned' one of the private rooms. Just down the hall in the more open area there were rows of beds of others who'd been injured in combat. Immediately down the hall in that area, you can see Mariposa. She's looking over the current patients here, as she has done for the past 6 months. She had been reassigned to home base like most of the support clerics.

You'd seen many of the clerics come and go, cracking under the pressures of the Ward. Nobody ever expected the war to be fought so hard, but you had seen that glint of madness in Andrei's eyes. Dissenters arose even in the Coalition's leadership. Some would go so far as to compare his drive to destroy the Merkabans to rival Pharun Vachanna's desire to destroy the Coalition. But today was the day, the final decisive battle. With one fell blow, Andrei would fulfill the vow you overheard...

(*Leader of the Merkabans, mentioned in other posts for other characters in passing. It's footnoted because it looked stupid up there expositized.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "Calvin, any chance you can make one of those disks under this guy? We cant just let him fall off, but we need to get out of here as soon as possible." Brottor moves over to where the grapnel is latched on, pulling the rope from his pack, and preparing to handle a very disgruntled civilian.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Keegan strides into Maestro's den and stands with his head held high, arms crossed triumphantly. The crown jewel of Lady Tamerlaine's collection, and it was in his pouch. He had done what no one else could do. He felt five feet tall.

"Well Maestro," he grinned, "I'm back."

Denada on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Brottor Ungart
    "Well, I guess I could give it a shot..." Calvin moves back to where the disc usually allows passengers entrance. He seems to be fiddling with a device along the side, causing the disc to appear. Below you, some of the mob has begun to toss things at the side of the ship. The climber gets closer.

"Brottor!" Naro seems to have recovered from his lapse."I've heard rumours from Knights that the Caretakers were trying to help put together some kind of counterattack against the Merkabans. Have you heard anything about it? I wonder what they are planning to do... if the CItadel can stop the red stars... they must have some incredible weapons, Wonders that not even the Merkabans possess. Yes..." he starts to ponder this, either indifferent to or oblivious of the current situation.
    Keegan Lyriao
    Alabaster Citadel, Refugee Area - The Broken Wing
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War, Tuesday
    "I don't recall giving you permission to board my ship, Keegan, let alone enter my den." The Maestro doesn't seem too pleased.

The two bodyguards are at your sides. One of them has her rapier at hand. The other places her hand on your shoulder.

"But now that you're here, don't you come on over. Let's see what our dear little bird has brought home." He motions his bodyguards to bring you over. You know that you're too useful to Maestro to be harmed, and that this is all for show. Of course Maestro knows this too, yet it may be for the best in your "relationship" to allow him to pretend he's the boss here.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "That's great Naro and I would love to hear more about it when we're a tad safer. Calvin? Can you position it below that guy climbing up then get him up here? Once we get him up here we can deal with him. Maybe we can return him to the ground. How far can you move that disc?"

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn smiles when he sees Mariposa. He still remembered her carefully cradling him when he had been wounded on the field, and had seen her prove her compassion and dedication time after time over the past few months. He walks towards her and waves, trying to hide his limp. "Hello Mariposa. How are you?"

Jebu on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan squints his eyes against the sun. The object, whatever it was, was heading in their general direction, only at an impossible altitude. Ewan's vision was distorted by the sun, so he couldn't quite make out what it was.

Looking around, the damage to Foehn was done hours ago at the least. Ewan wondered what the odds were of a Merkaban ship returning to the scene so late in the game. Probably low, but nevertheless...

"Raoul, a bit faster, if you please. I'm not convinced that's a friendly flier. I've never seen anything that high." Ewan looked up on top of the gate chamber. There might be room up there for a person to stand...

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn Staci
    "I'm fine Quinn. You're getting along quite well I see." Mariposa nods at you, her thoughts elsewhere. It was twilight at Foehn (Because the Lands Above are all floating islands their days have considerably longer periods of twilight and shorter days depending on altitude.)

"I wonder what the sunset looks like over Merkaba." It was a strange sentiment, but miles away an entire people were minutes from being destroyed.

The sky was a beautiful array of purple and orange hues, the sun having set below Foehn already. With the majority of the Knights mobilized for this encounter, things would pick up here again shortly. You'd overheard Mariposa and other staff speaking against the Retribution Day assault previously. Most of the clerics and medical staff had been rather tense the past few days.

Ewan Stark
    Zephyr, Foehn
    Everybody looks at you as you jump onto the wall and begin to climb it, unsure of what you had hoped to accomplish in doing so. Raoul enters the chamber as you make your way up and over the side of the building.

By the time you get up top and take another look, you can see that the object hasn't moved at all. The wind kicks up and the bitter cold stings your face. You are able to notice that a smaller dot is moving towards your location, and at the speed it is moving, will get to you within minutes.

Brottor Ungart
    "Sure I can, but I hope you know what you're doing." Calvin waits for the signal, at which point he will scoop him up. The man is still climbing, and it looks like someone is waiting to follow him up the rope. (In your post when you tell him to do it, you may assume that he brings this guy up in your post and act accordingly if you want).

Naro looks over the side. "Ah, I remember that fellow. He was from Cornales... I think his brother was one of the Knights there too. His name was Horace or something. It was the first time we really fought those Black Knights..." Naro starts to retell that story, from the perspectives of different individuals on the island.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Keegan mentally rolls his eyes and allows the guards to bring him in. He's playing along, but he's watching their hands. If they try to remove anything from him, things are going to get personal.

"You certainly know how to unmake an entrance," he says, pretending to be more annoyed than he is. It was best to make Maestro look as important as he could, particularly in front of the guards. Keegan of all people understands the need to maintain appearances.

Denada on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    From on top of the gate, Ewan is able to get a better view of what is going on. The sun was still setting in the distance, but Ewan was able to make out more of the skyline from here.

"Some... thing is on its way here, coming very quickly. Raoul, I'd like the option to leave as soon as it gets within range if needs be. How's it coming with the sigils?"

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    When the magical disc gets close, the man leaps off onto the deck of the yacht. Brottor dives for him but the man is just a little quicker, recovering Brottor makes a second lunge and catches him in a choke hold and taking him down without much incident. "Well, he should be out for a little bit." Taking the rope, Brottor ties the man up, making sure that the bonds are not tight enough to cut circulation. "Calvin, can you use that disc thing to take him back to the ground? I don't want us to be accused of kidnapping or anything. Now, Naro, what was that you were talking about? Red stars? A counter attack?"

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan Stark
    Zephyr, Foehn
    The arc of the object made it clear that it was heading towards you. Eventually it reaches an angle where you're able to block out the sun with your hand to see it properly. It's a carrier ship.

You can barely make out the insignia of the Knights on the keel (bottom) of the ship.

Keegan Lyriao
    "Well, I am a very busy man." Maestro says. Even his bodyguards have a hard time fighting the snort at that thought. Your body starts to smoke as the dancer extracts itself from your clothing, joining the formless smoky mass already in the brazier.

Maestro pulls out a small box with some rather expensive looking gems in it. "Your usual payment... and now..." he holds out his hand, waiting to retrieve the item. The smoke takes shape of the dancer again.

Brottor Ungart
    Calvin can't find a clear place to put the disc down on, and some of the crowd is trying to grab hold of it to climb, so he simply dismisses it in midair. The man falls into the mob. Nearest you can tell, he's ok.

"Yes, yes. You wouldn't have seen a thing in one of those freightership. It was a horrible sight!" Naro's excitement conflicts with his last statement.

"The night of Retribution Day there were many many red stars. Myself and some of my fellow mages agree that it was the red stars that destroyed the Knight's Fleet, and ruined Foehn." Everybody knew that the Zephyr Knights had been defeated by Merkaba, and that Foehn was destroyed. Nobody really knew how it happened, outside of things simply exploding.

"I'll explain it to you... come this way" Naro motions for you to come downstairs. Calvin looks over the deck at the crowds and back at you. His facial expression is screaming don't leave me up here!

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    At the mention of Merkaba, Quinn's face darkens. "It'll look like righteous vengeance soon enough. I still don't understand how you can protest Andrei's efforts to stop the Merkabans, especially after seeing what they did to everyone here... including me."

Jebu on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn Staci
    "So we should stoop down to their level?" Mariposa looks back at you defiantly. "Andrei isn't just going to kill the Merkaban armies, or the Black Knights... there are innocent people down there that are about to be wiped off the earth like they were bugs. If we do that, are we really any better than them?"

Your conversation has gained the attention of the people around you. The opinions of the injured Knights and staff are polarized. A surprising number of clerics argee with your view, but what was even more interesting was the number of Knights who thought this fight was wrong.

"This is hardly the time or place for such a discussion." A stern voice cuts in, before you can reply. "Mariposa, why don't you see to the supplies upstairs? Knight, you need to keep off that leg."

Mariposa walks by you and up a flight of stairs situated near the hallway that lead back to your room. The head cleric of the ward had no doubt listened to these sorts of debates a lot the past few months.

"Pah. Can't say Kord would be proud of this battle, that's for sure. But we do what we must to survive."

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "Never mind, Raoul. It's the cavalry." Ewan lowers himself down onto the platform with the others and waits for the carrier to get in close enough to board. Ewan nods to Iam with a slight smile. At least they weren't the only ones left alive.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan Stark
    Zephyr, Foehn
    The wait was eternal, and the winds only seemed to get colder as the carrier approached. (PP:S)* Further behind the carrier, you can make out other carriers. There are deformities in their outlines that indicate that they were damaged.

The soldiers grow restless as the carrier continues to descend. It comes in fast, and you can hear the wood straining as it comes to a halt. Rocks and dirt spray up as it drags along the island, causing everyone to jump back. The slats are down, and the exterior radiates a surprising amount of cold. A soldier reaches out to the side and tries to touch the carrier, but quickly draws his hand away in pain. You were so close yet so far away from safety. Finally, the slat is opened from the interior.

"You folks need a need a ri-- Ewan!" You recognize the big voice from a tiny frame. It was Lisette, or a small bear that sounded just like her. She was wearing a heavy parka.

(I'm getting tired of typing Passive Perception: Success and/or Passive Insight: Success so if you see (PP:S) or (PI:S) assume it's a passive use those skills. Other skills may get this treatment too. Failures will be skipped, as per standard rules. Lastly, you rolled high enough for cheese. Also typos and bizzarre sentence structures. it's about as fixed as I'm going to make it tonight. ;p)

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Keegan smiles and trades the key for his payment. "A pleasure doing business with you Maestro."

He turns as if to leave, then stops. "I saw some interesting things in that Collection," he begins, looking back. "Ancient artifacts, exotic weapons, even ..." He trails off at the thought of the Black Knights. Something made him not want to mention them specifically.

Turning to face Maestro again, he watches the smoke dancer, wondering now what she was. Not an illusion. He knew that much. "But that cube was like nothing else," he says, nodding at the device in Maestro's hand.

Denada on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan smiled broadly at the face peering out of the parka. "Permission to come aboard, ma'am."

So far, Ewan had made two promises. And had kept both.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan Stark
    Zephyr, Foehn
    The Knight seated in the deck interrupts your moment of cheese by throwing a parka at you. You notice there is a fairly large stack of inside. there.

"Put these on." He snaps as he makes a head count. "I'd say we can take this batch up in one go."

Lisette nods at him.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" There's a mixture of fear and impatience in his voice. You can understand why he feels this way, as there's no guaruntee that whatever happened here last night would repeat itself. The Knight tosses parkas at everybody, and the others slip them on and file into the carrier. This process only takes a few minutes. Iam and Raoul board as well. You're the last one in. (To save us a post cycle of you RPing putting on a parka and getting on the carrier, I've taken the liberty of doing it for you. ;p)

As you glance into the bottom corners of the main compartment, you can see that the radiators are functioning just fine, yet even then the interior of the craft feels even colder than it is outside. Lisette heads up to the cockpit and the Knight closes and locks down the slat door that you entered from. He then returns to his seat. The carrier begins to move, slowly.

Keegan Lyriao
    "It will make for a nice piece in my collection when we get back home." He grins, and then notices you staring at the dancer.

"Don't you have somewhere else to be right now?"

His bodyguards begin to stare you down.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "So, Lisette. Care to tell the tale?" Ewan is ravenously curious as to how she made it off the Lightning, or how the Lightning made it home.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Keegan sighs. "Maestro," he nods, then again to the smoke dancer, "Smokey."

His job done, he secures his payment in one of his pouches and smiles to the guards on his way out.

"Well. That was fun," he says to himself, grinning as always, as he adjusts the fit of various straps and buckles on his armor and pouches. "I think it's time for a drink."
    (Feel free to move me wherever for the purpose of advancing the story.)

Denada on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan Stark
    Zephyr, Foehn
    The first thing you notice when you head up into the cockpit section of this carrier is that there is no co-pilot. You take a seat in the co-pilot's chair, and ask Lisette your question.

"Huh? Oh, well you'd be surprised how maneuverable a carrier can be when you don't have to worry about tossing your passengers around." Lisette's attention is on the dials and other readouts of the carrier. You can feel the carrier shudder a little as it slowly ascends.

Minutes go by and condensation is now slowly forming along the windows. You even see your breath now. Your destination is growing closer, but the sun's reflection against the object blots out any discernible shape to it.

Keegan Lyriao
    Alabaster Citadel, Refugee Area
    Just outside the Broken Wing you can see a large crowd in the distance struggling to board a yacht. You don't know what the hubbub is about, but it's none of your business anyway. It was time to head back to your tent to grab a drink. Maybe even hit the 'marketplace' here with your windfall.

"star stealer."

You hear a voice, but you're not sure where it came from, a toneless whisper in the back of your head. Aside from the crowd the people around you aren't paying you any attention.

"star stealer."

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn grimaces and stares at Mariposa as she leaves. "This is all about righting the wrongs that were done to us. It's about balance. This was Merkaba's fate the second they started their invasion."

He turns back to the head cleric and softens his expression. "In any case, I apologize for creating a scene. I honestly was just wondering when I would be able to leave."

Jebu on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn Stasi
    "It's fine, all those drama plays out there that happen in a ward are written like that for a reason friend. " He takes a look at how you're standing, and then moves to the side and returns with a cane.

"All goes well the war will be over before the end of the night. I have no doubt in my mind that I'll be needing that bed of yours soon, either way" He flashes a grin. "If you're not going to take my advice and enjoy that bed while you can, you'd best use this."

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Watching the mob move on towards the port, Lothril sighs with relief. "Well, happy we got through that. Now, lets get out of here." Lothril turns the spy around and starts off in the direction of the gate chamber.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "And there he goes again... Is this normal for him? Never mind, we need to get out of range of this mob. Can you maneuver us to somewhere safer?"

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Lothril Issrin
    Acacia Island, Acacia - Gate Chamber
    You walk into the chamber, stopping the Spy before you move behind the pedestal that controls the gate. He'd seen enough already.

"What, you don't trust me?"

Ignoring his jibe you grab the stylus for the pedestal. You scribe the sigil sequence exactly as the paper shows into the input area. The sigils glows for a second, then fade as the teleportation circle purrs to life. On the other side you can see several Knights standing at arms. (Rather than have you RP getting into the portal, I'm going to move you into it with this post.)

You nudge the Spy in and then follow afterwards. On the other side you're instantly thrown off your feet. This circle was moving, and fast. Two Knights help you to your feet. Off to the side you can see the Spy hunched over the shaft of a Knight's spear. The Spy drops to his knees when the knight moves away. "Gonna... kill you... for that." he sputters, a response met only with laughter.

There was a ramp leading to the seating area of the ship you were on. This wasn't some Coalition carrier, but a cruise ship. The entirety of the seating area before you was encased in glass. If it weren't for your fall earlier, there was no way to tell this ship was even moving.

"You've done well Lothril." Wesley calls out to you from his seat. "Come over here."

Brottor Ungart
    "You don't know the half of it." He shakes his head.

"The Knights have forbidden civilian vessels from making any maneuvers in the Citadel. I don't think they'd shoot us down, but it may be they got the order from our hosts."

He's referring to the Caretakers. Over the side you can see some of the mob dragging the man you'd knocked out away from the scene. He was still out cold. You doubt that any of the others would try to board the ship. Other members of the crowd start to run off as a handful of Knights approach.

"Looks like we won't have to move after all." Calvin lets out a sigh.

"What are you doing up there still?" Naro yells from down below.

tastydonuts on