As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E - IC] zephyr : "[Game Activity Related Tagline Here]"

• Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Quinn's face falls, and he glumly takes the cane. "I cannot wait for the day when I no longer need one of these." He sighs. "I can't enjoy sitting in a bed while our fellow Highborne are fighting. I feel... trapped. I feel like I need a breath of fresh air: something to make me not feel so useless. Is there something I can do around the hospital?"

Jebu on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Brottor sighs, "He certainly is persistent. Well, if you have things under control up here I had better see what he is blathering on about. Thank you for your help Calvin." And with that Brottor turns to head down the stairs.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Quinn Stasi
    Foehn, Knight's HQ - Medical Ward
    Merkaban-Highborne War, Retribution Day
    "I'm willing to bet that you'd feel really useful if you wouldn't mind changing bedpans for us." He laughs. "That would make more than a few of us here happy."

Looking at your expression, he waves. "Take a walk outside, it's a beautiful night.

Brottor Ungart
    Alabaster Citadel, Refugee Area - Highborne Section
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War, Ceasefire Day 6
    Naro motions you towards a platform with sigils on it. It's clearly a teleportation circle of some fashion. The lower deck has various books and scattered around and a small cot.

"Naro Exposito! By the authority of Zephyr Knights, we command that you and all persons about your vessel present yourselves immediately or we will destroy your ship."

It looks like whatever he had to tell you may have to wait.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "Naro... what have you done?" Rushing up to the deck to see what the fuss is, Brottor looks over the side. "Naro! I think you better get up here..."

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Brottor Ungart
    You look over the side briefly. There are five knights standing around now. The crowd that gathered has all but vanished, save for a few nosy individuals.

"Who was that, Nelson?" One of the Knights asks.

"The hell if I know. Think it was some dwarf."

"What's he doing with a Dwarf up there?" Another Knight steps in.

Naro makes his way up the stairs and peeks over the side.

"Naro! Get down here!" Nelson yells again.

"Why would you call me up here? They're going to try and arrest us!" Naro whispers, then looks over the side to address the knights.

"How can one disturb the peace when we're at war?"

Calvin looks like he's about to say something in response, but thinks better of it.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Keegan tenses as he continues walking towards his tent. "Who's there? Smokey?"

He tries his best to appear nonchalant as he looks around, searching for where the sound came from. Thieves don't generally like the feeling that they're not alone.
    Perception check. (1d20+6=17)
    Bah. Me and my "not much better than passive" perception.

Denada on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Keegan Lyriao
    Alabaster Citadel, Refugee Area
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War, Tuesday
    A family of dwarves sitting outside their tent looks over at you as if you're crazy, then resume eating their meal. People are returning from the yacht, the first group carrying a man who looked like he was choked out and dropped off a height. They slide him into a nearby tent.

"star stealer." the voice repeats itself. Perhaps it was your conscience?

The crowds start to fan out around you, people returning to their tents. Some appear more agitated than others. A Caretaker was approaching from another direction. This one was an Elf, Eladrin, or somewhere in between. His attention seemed to be off towards the yacht.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "Excuse me sir, Nelson is it? Yes, we will be down shortly. I believe Naro's assistant has to be on board to operate the mechanism that lets us off. So I think you will have to settle for just me and Naro." Turning to Calvin, ignoring Naro's objections "Calvin? Can you send us down there please? And Naro, stop your complaining, honestly, Im not entirely convinced that you don't deserve to be arrested."

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn nods and salutes the priest. Then he walks towards the doors leading outside, grimacing every time he has to lean on the cane.

Jebu on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Seeing the Caretaker, Keegan decides it would be best to return to his tent and get that drink. Nobody had seen him steal the key, and the Caretaker wasn't paying attention to him anyway, but he was feeling paranoid enough without one of the Lady's minions around.

Star stealer, he repeats in his head. He'd stolen magical items before, but nothing like that key. An unusual feeling builds in his stomach as he walks back to his tent. Was it doubt? Maybe he was just hungry. No. Hunger never came with voices in his head. Something was definitely wrong.

What did I steal?

Denada on
  • Options
    TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    "What happened, Lisette? What happened to Foehn? What remains of the Zephyr Armada? Does the Conqueror still fly?" All Ewan had was questions, again. He didn't like that feeling.

TheMadjai on
    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn Stasi
    (Assuming you've stepped outside since you walked to the door? :U)
    He wasn't lying when he said it was a beautiful night. The stars are showing brightly, the air filled with the soothing sound of water from a nearby fountain. There are some other people outside.

Across the horizon you can make out the beacon lights of the freighters that the Lowborne refugees had been carted off to. You look towards the direction of Merkaba, where the battle would no doubt be taking place now. (PP:S) As a freighter moves across your field of vision, you notice a peculiar sight. Red stars.

It wasn't that the stars were red that made them special. Their brightness against the other stars in that area wasn't too much of a big deal either. It was the fact that there were hundreds of them closely packed together in the direction of Merkaba that gives you this sensation of dread.

Ewan Stark
    Zephyr, Foehn
    Merkaban-Highborne War, The Day after Retribution Day
    Lisette doesn't reply at first. She continues steer the ship up towards your destination. The blob looks to be considerably larger than the carrier, or any other ships. It looked large enough to be its own island. But nothing was this high was even remotely habitable.

"You were there." the earlier cheer in her voice is gone. "It's been destroyed, like most of the fleet. The Merkabans... somehow."

She had just as many questions as you did.

Brottor Ungart
    "That's good. I'd hate to have to have a fuss about this." Nelson seems relieved. "We're going to move this yacht of his over to the military section."

It takes some convincing, but Naro allows himself to be arrested. He moves unusually slow for someone even of his age in a last ditch effort of passive aggression. By the time Naro actually crawls onto the disc and you're on the ground, a Caretaker has shown up. A knight steps on the disc to board Naro's yacht.

"I recognize that armor. It's Konstogan, right?" One of the Knights asks.

"Plenty of time for small talk later." Nelson cuts in. "Let's go. Everything is fine here Caretaker." You can tell Nelson doesn't feel comfortable around the guy. With their unusual attire and appearance you can understand why.

"Actually," His voice is strained, and the pause is long. "I've come for Brottor Ungart."

Keegan Lyriao
    When you get back to your tent you're not able to relax, at first. At anytime the voice could repeat itself, yet it doesn't. You get the feeling that you're being watched as well.

"Oh, they're finally going to arrest that nosy bastard Naro." A voice outside your tent says. There are people walking by your tent.

"I heard he hired a Lowborne bodyguard to abduct someone, then threw him off the side of his yacht!"

"Practically star stealer killed the guy." Another voice says. You're not sure what you thought you just heard.

Stars? Wait! (PI:S) The key was a map of the stars!

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan didn't push. Clearly, Lisette wasn't in a talking mood. Instead, he focused on where they were going. Ewan was unaware of an island out here. He looked harder...

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "Y..yes... its a family heirloom, my father gave it to me when I joined the army." addressing the "caretaker". This is the second person who has been looking for me...I guess I underestimated the "fame" of my entrance... "How do you know me, why did you seek me out?"

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan Stark
    Zephyr, Foehn
    As the cockpit windows begin to frost, the sunlight is filtered somewhat. You're able to get a better look at the object you are flying towards. (Unfortunately, I'm still trying to wrap my head around what the citadels look like. Which is sad, considering how many years I've put them to use. I have a very, VERY vague concept based off older maps... at some point it'll be revealed. But for our purposes, you can assume that this OOC blurb is a description of the Citadel.)

It's amazing! You think to yourself, as come to realize that this wasn't an island at all. The sun was reflecting too smoothly off the surface for that. It had to have been a Wonder.

"It's the Alabaster Citadel." Lisette says. "You know, the Alabaster Citadel. It's funny how it doesn't look at all like the old nursery rhymes describe it."

(PHist:S)You're able to remember some pretty wild stories about the place. It was home to a silver dragon, Tamerlaine. The clerics of Tamerlaine worship her as goddess, but given she'd left/vanished many doubt her divine status. No doubt, the presence of the Citadel would change some people's minds. Recalling tales that it contained Wonders powerful enough to destroy cities left you with a sense of foreboding.

Yet as you fly closer, Lisette seems to relax. "It was hard, of course, but we managed to get back to Foehn, or most of us at least. The Merkabans... they really did a number on us."

With some adjustments to the levers and stick, the sensation of ascending lessens a lot, and you start to feel pushed back into the chair as she starts a hard acceleration.

"One moment things were calming down, and the next... most of Foehn was in flames. A few of those Lowborne freighters got hit. It was worse than over Merkaba. Civilian ships flying every which way, people hanging off the sides. Those of us with ships intact tried to swoop and rescue people. A real mess. More and more explosions happened. You could even see Foehn's corestone being ripped apart in some places."

You'd guessed that much by the mass of floating rocks. Lissete pauses for a moment and her face shrinks back into the parka's hood. Her grip on the controls tightens as well.

"But then we were surrounded by an orange glow. I could still hear the explosions, above us. But the stars... even the red ones were blotted out. It looked so evil. But a voice came in over the crystal. Told us what to do. And that's how we got up to this point"

She looks at you for a moment and smiles as she takes her hands off the controls. Her eyes look glassy and red. "This is the rough part, though."

The carrier begins to shake violently.

Brottor Ungart
    The Caretaker gives you a look that suggests that he was totally unprepared for you to ask him that question. The sitution grows even stranger as his facial expressions seem to indicate that he's having a silent conversation with well, himself. Finally he responds in the same jerky dialect.

"You're a Lowborne. We need one of you. They speak about you?" Answering a question with a question wasn't too helpful.

Nelson leans close to you. "They're not much for talking but they saved us. Don't think they'd have gone to the trouble if they wanted to harm us now."

"I heard they're vampires." another Knight whispers to his comrade.

"Vampires?" the Caretaker asks. The guy wasn't that good at whispering.

Nelson snaps the two a look. "Get Naro out of here." You were surprised that Naro stayed quiet this long.

"We need that one, also." the Caretaker points a clawed finger towards him.

"Excellent!" Naro yells, clapping excitedly.

"To your Military camp." The Caretaker adds, and Naro stops clapping. "Come." He orders, and begins to walk towards the base.

"You heard him. MOVE! Get that yacht cleared on the double!" Nelson starts barking orders.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan fought against the vibrations of the carrier. "What voice?"

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Keegan bursts out of his tent, losing himself in a rare moment of frustration. "Who said that!? Who keeps saying that!?"

Denada on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan Stark
    Zephyr, Upper Layer
    What looks like a massive door is opening just ahead of you. If you could even call it a door. You could easily fit a few Conquerers end to end along its width.

"The Voice. I only know hearsay but she's supposed to be the Voice of the Caretakers. It seems they run things in the Citadel or something." she lowers her voice slightly for a moment. "I've heard that the Assembly requested an audience with Lady Tamerlaine, but were rejected. So they've made the Admiral consult with the 'Voice'."

"And he's not too happy about this." It seemed like that was something that wasn't supposed to be known.

The shaking subsides as the carrier enters a rather large chamber. It looks like there is another door similar to the previous one ahead of you. Off to the sides you can see the tops of a few other carriers.

"Well, we're here. You're going to have to get down there with the rest of the passengers, daylight is burning and I'll need to get back down to what's left of Foehn." She looks over at you. "Hm, I'm surprised that Knight down there didn't say anything to you. He almost reminds me of another Knight I ran into not too long ago..."

Keegan Lyriao
    Alabaster Citadel, Refugee Area - Keegan's Tent
    The inhabitants of the tents around you and a few passerby stop what they're doing and stare directly at you, mouths agape.

"What's he talking about?

"It's rude to stare, son. Turn away from the crazy halfling."

"Should call some knights? I hope he doesn't start attacking people... I heard over in the Lowborne parts some guy snapped."

They all talk about you, but nobody seems willing to talk to you, save for single dragonborn. Towering over you, he asks. "Who keeps saying what star stealer".

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Although normally Keegan would be delighted to talk to a real live dragonborn, what with them being so rare, he just wasn't thinking straight. Instead of asking about the man's family and what brought him here, he just went right to the point. He does at least have the wits to lower his voice, so as not to attract more attention to himself.

"That! You just said it! Have you been following me? Why do you keep calling me 'star stealer'?"

Denada on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Keegan Lyriao
    Alabaster Citadel, Refugee Area - Outside of Keegan's Tent
    "What?" The dragonborn's expression, though somewhat alien to you is clear enough to read. He has no clue what you are talking about.

"Star stealer... why would I call you something stupid like that?" He looks at you for a moment. "You a thief? You got that thieving look about you. You stay out of my tent!"

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "Yes, people have asked about me. I don't quite understand it myself. What do you need me for? And Naro, what do you want with us? You may have saved these people, but you did not come to our aid and I want to know what you want with me before I go anywhere with you."

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Brottor Ungart
    The Caretaker stops walking, but doesn't turn to face you. No doubt he's talking to himself again or something.

"Are you out of your mind?" Nelson whispers to you.

Finally, the Caretaker speaks up. "Guests should listen. Please."

You're not quite sure if that was a threat or a request, but the Caretaker begins to move along again. Naro's Yacht slowly makes its way over your heads.

"I don't suppose you could have decided to wait before they took my Yacht..." Naro whines. "besides, didn't they come to our aid when we needed them most already?" he also clearly misses the point of your remark.

"Like spiders in a web, we're all stuck here." Nelson motions for the knights to continue along as well, ushering Naro along with them.

"But it is a magnificent web." Hopefully, in your old age you wouldn't wind up like Naro.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan nodded at Lisette. "May Erathis guide you, Lisette." Ewan turned around and stepped down the ladder, and just before disappearing into the hold he added, "It's good to see you again."

Ewan joined Iam, Raoul and the others in the hold, waiting for the ship to dock so they could disembark. If this truly was the last remaining front for the Highborne, then they needed to report back in. He wondered if someone was going to show them around...

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Begrudgingly, Brottor follows this "caretaker." hmph... caretaker... sounds like a name they gave themselves. How did I wind up in all this? This 'web.' Well... nothing to do be see it through.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn frowns as he looks at the sky, squinting and turning his head in the hopes that the red stars might disappear, proven to be a figment of his imagination. When they remained, he walked to the nearest person and asked, "What are those things in the sky?"

Jebu on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn Stasi
    Foehn, Knight's HQ - Medical Ward Fountain Area
    "I've never seen anything like it..." the man replies, his eyes never leaving that patch of sky.

The red stars become the object of attention of

"What do you think it is?"

"It's... our... death! OUR DEATH! YOU HEAR ME?" A man stumbles into the fountain. You can recognize him easily, given the unique nature of his stay here.

They called him the hollow man. Physically the man was fit, but up until now all he would do was wander around, not even able to care for his own basic needs. It was hard to believe that at one point he had been a rather successful lieutenant. But that changed, with the Merkban's help.

The survivors of the Black Knights often spoke of them as demons due to their cruelty. The wounds inflicted were rarely enough to outright kill a combatant. Most would simply die because care couldn't arrive to them in time. The strongest were often hurt the least, just so they could helplessly listen to the slow cries of agony of their comrades. It was hard to think of a more effective way to demoralize an opponent. Yet, the lieutenant here was left completely unharmed. None of his men survived.

Those who survived such atrocities required enough care to cripple the Coalition's ability to support their troops properly. The Black Knights were so efficient in this that it was said that it even bothered the Merkebans.

In a stand up fight the Merkabans couldn't hold a candle to even the Etesians. These demonic tactics employed by their "army" were all the more reason for them to be wiped out. Including those so-called "innocent Merkabans" that allowed their army to do this. Perhaps the Red Stars were the souls of all the fallen, watching as the bastards got their due.

The Head cleric rushes by you, coupled by two other burly looking fellows. The two men wrestle the broken lieutenant out of the fountain and drag him inside. You notice the head cleric glancing up at the stars for a moment.

"All right. All of you, get back inside. Have them close the shutter. Put them all to bed." He seems a little rattled himself. "If they don't fall a sleep, sleep em!" he looks towards you.

Ewan Stark
    Zephyr, Upper Layer
    Lisette nods as you leave her company and head down into the hold. There you wait for a few minutes. It was actually getting warmer. The Watchknight (The other knight, it's easier to call him this than the Knight when you're in a carrier full of knights :P) takes off his parka, and gestures for you to do the same.

"You're leaving those here. Ok? When you get out, report immediately to the Conquerer for a debrief. You too, guildmage." He slides the slats up on one side, and for the first time you're able to get a good look at the insides of what you've been ferried to. It's made up entirely of metal, which appears to be some dull white color. There were two other carriers that also let off their loads. They were survivors of the destruction of Foehn. They're wandering towards the far door, which is now opening slowly. What lies beyond the gate is filtered by some form of bluish aura.

"You walk through the back doors. The sooner you get back there, the sooner we can try and rescue some more people. They won't let it (the citadel) stay this low for too long, so hustle people!"

Brottor Ungart
    The Caretaker walks ahead at a brisk pace. He was in a hurry. You could tell by the way he was looking around that he wasn't too comfortable being in the company of so many strangers.

"You know, you must be really special if they asked for you by name, Brottor" Nelson moves alongside you.

"Yea, real special. I heard about what happened down there in Konstogar. Those Merkabans... " he stops himself before he finishes that sentence. "What do you reckon they want you for? I can understand Naro. He's a troublemaker. Damn coot. I heard from a friend who heard from another friend who was on clean-up and salvage that they're planning some kind of operation against Merkaba. It'd explain why Andrei is so damn tense lately..." Nelson starts to talk about a lot of things, most of them coming from friends of friends of friends.

Andrei Vaughn, Admiral of the Zephyr Knights. You'd seen the man for the first time many months ago. He sat silently as the Assembly chose to take no action against the Merkabans when the first reports of attacks and invasions of Lowborne nations begun.

You could only wonder what he was saying now. "...plus he's got to listen to that little girl that Caretakers have leading us around. Go figure huh? HEY! WATCH THE OTHER AIRSHIPS UP THERE!" Nelson turns away, and starts yelling at the Knight piloting the yacht.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Keegan shakes his head at the dragonborn and stares after the Caretaker and the Knights. "No, no. It's nothing like that. I'm sorry, I think perhaps I'm just tired. It's been rough here, you know?"

Denada on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "Thank you, knight." Ewan nods as he disembarks and heads towards the back doors. He turns to Raoul. "Well, guildmage, without you, none of us would have made it off that island. We owe you a debt." Ewan nods to Iam, without waiting for a reply from Raoul.

"Iam, gather the others and follow me to the Conqueror. I suspect a counterattack is being planned, and I for one owe the Merkabans a little payback."

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Brottor speeds up to keep pace with the caretaker, making a note of his wariness. Half-way listening to Nelson, Brottor wonders why the caretakers were looking for him. I haven't done anything to draw their attention, Naro was only interested because I was the .... the only survivor from Konstogar. Surely there are other survivors from other of the lowland cities. With any luck they will describe their interest instead of just ordering me around as they have. Perhaps these rumors that have been floating around about a counter attack have merit, maybe that's why they have come for. But again, why me?

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan Stark
    Alabaster Citadel, ??
    The far bay door only rises slowly, and by the time you've reached it is only halfway up. The blueish aura you saw before is apparently some form of barrier. Beyond it you can make out a large mass of tents being set up, along with many airships.

A man dressed in a white kaftan walks through the barrier, flanked by two Knights.

"Greetings. Welcome to the Alabaster Citadel. Step this way." his speech comes off awkward, like common was his tenth language. "Knights. Go to the Conquerer. Others. Come with me."

The civilians follow the robed man back through the barrier. They're moving directly ahead. The Conquerer is to the south of your current position. The broken remains of the fleet stood between you and it.

Brottor Ungart
    Alabaster Citadel, Refugee Area - Conquerer
    A short walk later and you're standing before the Conquerer's exterior. The ship's appearance was clearly meant to mimic the Black Knights. Its hull was the same matte black, and the trim a slight reddish tone. On one side alone you think there were over 100 cannons. The air buzzes with the thrumming of what had to be a huge corestone drive buried somewhere within. This was the biggest warship you'd ever seen.

Yet, the state of the battered warships around it suggested that the Highborne hadn't even used the thing in their so called Retribution Day.

A disc, similar to the one on Naro's yacht descends before you.

"You know what." A the disc slows to a halt on the ground, Nelson pats you on the shoulder. "I think you're the only Lowborne that'll ever set foot in that beast."

The Caretaker steps onto the disc, followed by the others.

Keegan Lyriao
    He lets out a snort. "Tired huh? We're all tired here. Don't go making crazy accusations out here no more, or on my honor I will cut you down. Got it? star stealer."

"Mom. I think that halfling stole the stars!" the little boy you'd heard earlier is pointing directly at you.

"Nobody can steal stars, son. Now get in that tent before the crazy man comes over here and cuts us to pieces." she starts to push him inside.

"He should give them back!" he yells, before his mother covers his mouth and retreats into the safety of their tent.

The Dragonborn mutters something in Draconian, and goes back into his tent.

star stealer. You hear the voice again. Maybe the kid was on to something.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "Give them back ..." Keegan mutters to himself, walking away from his tent and the crowd of people. Give them back? I doubt Maestro would be up to that idea. Still ... something is wrong. If nothing else, someone knows. I'd better have a talk with him.
    (Keegan will head back to Maestro's ship and try to talk to him. Go ahead and move me in whatever way to make that happen. Asking a guard for permission to come aboard, whatever.)

Denada on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan nods towards Iam and begins southward, through the fleet graveyard. Broken remains of ships lay scattered about as uniformed technicians try to see what they can salvage or repair. Ewan tries not to think about the men aboard these ships and instead tries to lighten the mood with Iam. "Ever think you'd see the Alabaster Citadel in your lifetime?"

Ewan had to take it all in himself. This was THE Citadel, THE home of Lady Tamerlaine. Ewan had never bought much into the myth of the silver dragon, but seeing and touching the citadel itself tended to cause one to question all sorts of things.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn stares at the 'hollow man' sadly as he is dragged away. The man had broken under the knights' assault, and Quinn can not help but wonder why the same had not happened to him. He turns to the head cleric, saying softly, "You should not treat him like that. He's still a human being."

Noticing the cleric's agitation, Quinn peers into his eyes and wonders why he is so upset about the red stars. "Why the rush to go back inside? I just got out here."

Jebu on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Approaching the ship Brottor notices that it looks brand new. Maybe with this we can make a real assault on the Merkaba... Responding to Nelson, "An Honor Im sure..." Saluting the soldier Brottor steps on the disc and heads up.

Upon getting closer to the ship Brottor can see that there is the occasional small arms fire on the hull, Battle scars? But... but that means that this ship has been in action... It's much less scarred than the other ships. The armor isnt strong enough to repel the fire that they were subjected to. It looks like these 'caretakers' have done nothing more than care for themselves. Selfish bastards! Reaching the top, he steps off, heated and making no attempts to hide it.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn Stasi
    "The last thing we need is for a panic to break out in this ward, Quinn."

He notices that you're not satisfied at all with what he just said. "The lieutenant over there is right. A colleague of mine was able to get a look at what's under the black the Black Knight's armor. They're wonders."

Wonders, not demons. Technology from an age long gone. They played a vital role in the society of every civilization on Zephyr. The system of teleportation gates and circles for instance; were Wonders. But there were, to this day, no Wonders known that were weapons. You could understand why he was so rattled.

"...Who knows what those things up there are capable of. Even the Conquerer won't stand a chance." The cleric's voice found its authority again.

"*Cough*. There is nothing to do out here and as I said... the last thing I need is for a panic to break out. So please. Return to your room."

Ewan Stark
    Zephyr, Foehn
    It was a strange sight. The Conquerer, the flagship of the Zephyr Armada. The symbol of the might and superiority of the Zephyr Coalition, no... Highborne civilization itself hovered before you looking completely unscathed compared to the rest of the fleet.

You saw firsthand what the Merkabans new weapons were capable of. You knew that the Conquerer's armor, while stronger than a battleship's would not have withstood the attack. Seeing it looking as though it came through that debacle of Retribution day like this simply didn't make sense.

The Conquerer and other battleships and battlecrusiers formed a circle around the smaller ships, which hovered much lower. Transport discs went up and down from the larger warships. The Knights seemed to be busy setting up setting up camp. You noticed a lot of medical tents being pitched. The air in the area still had the tinge of burnt wood, metal and flesh in it.

"You guys Retribution survivors? Over here." you were being ushered over to a tent. You recognized the elf as one of the attendants to the Admiral, Hayden Gretz. "The Admiral is rather preoccupied at the moment, so I'll be brief."

He doesn't even wait for you to get to the tent before he begins his business.

"I'm going to need all your names. Guildmage, you can talk to your acting guildmaster later. Ok?"

Raoul looks as though he was hit by one of his strongest spells. "What?"

Brottor Ungart
    Alabaster Citadel, Refugee Area - Conquerer
    The Caretaker seems oblivious your rage as all of you get off the disc. You're in cargo area, and it smells heavily of oil and gunpowder. Secured to the floor are row after row of cannonballs. Enough to level a small city. But it looked like only a few of the crates had even been opened.

Nelson leads the way, taking you to a staircase. The ship feels even larger on the inside than on the outside, and it takes a few minutes before you're finally led into a room with a large window. You have no clue where this is relative to the outside of the ship, but you can see much of the Refugee Area from this room.

Sitting on top of a large oak desk, is a young woman. Judging from her attire, she's a Caretaker. But her posture and demeanor differs greatly from the ones you've seen so far. She's tapping her nails on surface of the desk. Like the other Caretakers, her fingernails are more like claws.

"Ah. So, you're Brottor Ongarth." At least her Common was better than the other Caretakers. She looked over at the other Caretaker for a moment, and he nods and leaves. "Nelson, was it? Take the other one away for now. We can talk to him later."

Nelson looks agitated, but does as he was told. The door is closed behind you, leaving you alone with the Caretaker.

Keegan Lyriao
    It was funny. Despite all the dealings you had with the Maestro, you didn't even know the names of his two bodyguards. He only had two, and you'd seem them in action. They were good. But as people, you had nothing. The pointy ears and complexion suggested they had some form of elven or eladrin heritage. The rapiers and scanty clothing suggested they were Etesians. They were standing just outside the boarding platform of The Broken Wing.

"Hello, little bird. Is there something you want?" Leftina, as you've come to know her asks.

Reita chimes in as well. "The Maestro hadn't informed us of your coming here. You know you're not supposed to come here without an invitation..."

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn's face softens, and he shakes his head. The Merkabans had been insane enough to make weapons out of wonders? It made no sense. He puts his hand on the head cleric's shoulder and speaks in what he hopes is a calm tone. "Have faith. Fate has plans for us beyond death."

Quinn looks up again and stares at the red constellations staining the sky. Then he hobbles past the cleric to go inside, clutching the Raven Queen's emblem in his hand and wondering if he truly believed his own words.

Jebu on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn Stasi
    He nods at you, but says nothing in reply. Death wasn't exactly something that he could readily accept.

You head back inside, noticing that the lieutenant was peacefully sleeping at his bed. Whether or not he was put to sleep, you couldn't say. The sky is no longer visible from the inside. The shutters had been closed already. All that was left to do was wait your room.(Just to move along a little, going to have you just chill out in your room for a bit.)

Holding the emblem in your hand, you thought about that lieutenant. How would you have felt if the Black Knights simply left you alone. Did they stalk away from the man as he swung his weapons at them wildly? How was he found? Pondering these questions and others, the time seemed to pass. You felt yourself finally growing tired.

(PP:F) As you laid your head onto your pillow you felt your room shake, and heard the sound of distant thunder. Or at least, you convinced yourself that it was thunder. When you felt your bed jump from the second boom, you knew it wasn't thunder at all.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quinn jumps out of bed, then falls over as his injured leg crumples beneath him. Cursing himself, he pulls himself back to his feet and grabs the nearby cane, wincing from the throbbing pain in his leg. He hobbles over to the door and opens it, then pauses to try to discern what exactly was going on.

Jebu on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "I know I'm not, but this is important. I need to speak with Maestro about something ... unusual." He tries his best to sound reassuring. "It won't take long. And everyone was paying attention to some people being hauled off by a Caretaker, so I don't think anyone noticed me coming here."

Denada on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ewan is terrified that he knows what that means. If Raoul is not going back to his guildmaster... "Ewan Stark, sir. What's going on?"

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING: