MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    DAMN I'M ALWAYS OUT OF THE LOOP

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Get a job behind a bar or something easy like that. At least while you consider the schooling option you will have a job to earn some cashmoney and get you out of you rut.

Also you can hit on chicks in a bar.

gazamc on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    have you considered writing a book about your douchey exploits? Something like American Psycho, only true
    do this

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    also seriously shibby just stop using the internet for anything but job searching and email

every moment you spend here is a moment wasted

you're a stupid dumb faggot if you don't

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Dadouw wrote: »
    Do meth, it'll change your life

der's a dead baby crawlin on the ceiling..

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Futore wrote: »
    It's nice how the guy comes in here and says he wants to change things around, yet people just shit on him with bitterness.

Shibby, I've known some really smart kids who just didn't want to do the usual trudge through college. My neighbor for instance is going to a tech school in the area to become work on cars. He's not going down the usual mechanic path, but he still gets to do a lot of hands on things.

Good luck with it

If the effort is really going to be made then I applaud him. But the thing is you get from a community what you put into it.

Shibby's output has been questionable at best, which means on a whole, that's what he's going to be greeted with.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    sarukun wrote: »
    How can you possibly have been unemployed for four months.

Seriously, that is re-Goddamn-diculous.

I've been unemployed for two or three now
    But most of that was just I didn't feel like trying to find a job right before I left for school
    Change of plans means whoops time to find a full time job

Me Too! on
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Usagi wrote: »
    LTM wrote: »

More or less, only instead of "jocks vs nerds" its "everyone vs IT"

Its tough out there for a pimp...haters all tryin' to catch me ridin' nerdy...

LTM on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dadouw wrote: »
    Do meth, it'll change your life

der's a dead baby crawlin on the ceiling..

Stop that you're breaking your hands

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Damn dudes is there some incident I don't know or all you just assuming he's a dickbag because of things people type on a forum

and also the words that come from his mouth

and also probably pictures from the last PAX or something I don't know

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Lol! wrote: »

But most of that was just I didn't feel like trying to find a job right before I left for school

I thought you were going to school?

Usagi on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's nice how the guy comes in here and says he wants to change things around, yet people just shit on him with bitterness.

Shibby, I've known some really smart kids who just didn't want to do the usual trudge through college. My neighbor for instance is going to a tech school in the area to become work on cars. He's not going down the usual mechanic path, but he still gets to do a lot of hands on things.

Good luck with it

Trudge through the English language AMIRITE!

All kidding aside, college does blow. It's more about putting in your time and getting a baseline of knowlege than actual job skills. At least 3/4 if not more of my job skills I've learned on the job. College was just a foot in the door.

If you want to change things around, try a tech school. There's always a need for electricians, plumbers, carpenters, and other skills. It's work, but it's honest work that pays well. When my science career goes down the shitter, I plan on using my fork lift certification to get paid. Maybe even my welding credits.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Damn dudes is there some incident I don't know or all you just assuming he's a dickbag because of things people type on a forum

and also the words that come from his mouth

and also probably pictures from the last PAX or something I don't know

Shitting in a hotel bed
    Swiping the tip his girlfriend left for the poor maid who had to clean it up

Me Too! on
  • Options
    AslanAslan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose life.

Aslan on
    Captain_Renault.gif I'm shocked...shocked, to find faggotry in this thread.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I had a job, left it and was unemployed for 4 months before I got a new gig. It's possible.
    Thanks, Mom. Thanks, Dad.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Usagi wrote: »

I thought you were going to school?

I am, just not full time
    I'm taking at least a semester, and probably a year, to get my shit together
    I'm going to work full time and take a couple classes at the local CC this fall

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    college does not blow

I learned calc 4 in college

do you know how quickly I'd quit a job if I had to learn calculus doing it?

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Aslan wrote: »
    Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose life.

But always remember to wear sunscreen.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    I had a job, left it and was unemployed for 4 months before I got a new gig. It's possible.

i know, right

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    shibby i don't know you so i don't know of all the evils you have committed so i am going to naive-ly give you some advice
    if you play a lot of video games, and waste all your money on them, have you considered taking one of the billion and one game design courses offered at pretty much every community college/private institution?

they get paid pretty good in my company and seem to have a pretty sweet gig
    then again, everyone in this company has a sweet gig

if you're computer savvy you could also take a community college programming course
    or if you've really got some drive and motivation, computer sciences or computer engineering at university. 4 years though.

aslan: hahah i just watched trainspotting last night.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Shitting in a hotel bed

Yes that is very nice we've all heard the story.

Worst case scenario, I get to be the guy who gets to say, "I helped encourage Hitler to reform!" a few years down the line

what the fuck will you get to say, wiggin

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    college does not blow

I learned calc 4 in college

do you know how quickly I'd quit a job if I had to learn calculus doing it?

As fast as I would if I was required to take Physics II again.

Hunter on
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Cloudman wrote: »
    have you considered writing a book about your douchey exploits? Something like American Psycho, only true
    do this
    This honestly doesn't sound like a bad idea. Who would buy an autobiography of a 22 year old?

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

It took me a month to get this job.

I felt like a faggot layabout the entire time.

sarukun on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hunter wrote: »

Good luck with it

All kidding aside, college does blow. It's more about putting in your time and getting a baseline of knowlege than actual job skills. At least 3/4 if not more of my job skills I've learned on the job. College was just a foot in the door.

If you want to change things around, try a tech school. There's always a need for electricians, plumbers, carpenters, and other skills. It's work, but it's honest work that pays well. When my science career goes down the shitter, I plan on using my fork lift certification to get paid. Maybe even my welding credits.

i can see this being handy in the future when we finally get up off our asses and start building a huge giant spaceship and need people to be space welders using big giant robot arms based on fork lift technologies. would you be a space carpenter?

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Shitting in a hotel bed

Yes that is very nice we've all heard the story.

Worst case scenario, I get to be the guy who gets to say, "I helped encourage Hitler to reform!" a few years down the line

what the fuck will you get to say, wiggin

That at least I've never shit in a bed and then stolen the tip

Me Too! on
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    do this
    This honestly doesn't sound like a bad idea. Who would buy an autobiography of a 22 year old?

Hipsters

LTM on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Good luck with it

hahaha that is the best thing I have ever written. Thank you for bringing my attention to it, Hunter. I become to hate myself now

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    do this

Pitch the idea to a publisher, find out.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I didn't feel bad about it until recently
    Now I want a job because I'm sick of being poor and unemployed
    And with no schooling, my options are fairly limited in this town

Me Too! on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    lostwords wrote: »

Good luck with it

i can see this being handy in the future when we finally get up off our asses and start building a huge giant spaceship and need people to be space welders using big giant robot arms based on fork lift technologies. would you be a space carpenter?
    this is a magnificent vision of the future

i am in the wrong business

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Ah-HAAAAAAAH.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    LTM wrote: »
    do this

Hipsters
    Make sure to point out that you typed the whole thing on your macbook at starbucks

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I didn't feel bad about it until recently
    Now I want a job because I'm sick of being poor and unemployed
    And with no schooling, my options are fairly limited in this town

Living with my parents has somewhat amplified the effect

not because they hassle me, but because I'm painfully aware that every breath I take costs them money.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

i quit my job but then reconsidered when i realized how depressed this area is

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

i know, right

I love my parents. The help they give me is just a ridiculous bonus. Also, I've always seen it as an understanding that they take care of my brother, sister, and myself when we're young and we'll all take care of them like crazy when they get old and batshit insane.

My parents are going to be great crazy old people

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    you shit on a hotel bed and stole a tip?
    i'm changing my advice
    go get a bachelor of arts with a major in psychology or philosophy
    heh heh heh

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Ah-HAAAAAAAH.

Yeeaaa. That was a fun day to.

"Mom, Dad, I really REALLY hate my job. So, I know I'm living with you now and all that, which is cool and all, but now I'm going to be living with you and not working. Whattya say?"

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    serious post now

You don't have to go to college to get a great job, tradesmen (contractor, electrician, welder, etc) and other specialized technicians get paid very well after between 12-18 months of training. Some of those guys go on to own their own business, others get degrees and go on to something else.

edit: beated by Hunter, but the man's got the right idea

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    lostwords wrote: »

Good luck with it

If it involves exosuits and the potential for bionic combat, I'm all for it.

Hunter on