As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mini-phalla] Chaos Phalla - Anarchy prevails!

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ragnar smells like a capitlist

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ragnar because noone else is saying anything

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    thorgot wrote: »
    If I learned anything from FWD in my game, it's that you don't trust anonymous tips in narrations.
    .snoitarrannispitsuomynonatsurtt'noduoytahts'ti,emagymniDWFmorfgnihtynadenraelIfI

This is definitely true because not only in the game thorgot ran but also in the game DA just ran I had the ability to submit content for the narrations and every time I used the ability in both games I was a fucking liar I mean I really told some whoppers sometimes just for the hell of it like I basically got TehSpectre killed for no reason once and another time I said mean things about visiblehowl but I don't feel bad because they are probably true

Dearest FunkyWaltDogg

Despite the tremendous run on sentence and stream of consciousness writing style you have used in your post, I find myself agreeing with you. Anyone can have their name put up anonymously. Unfortunately, this choice leaves me in a bit of a dilemma! For whom shall I vote?

Confused,

eecc

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I just have this feeling that the right move here is !vote Monkeyfeet you see it just feels right to me whereas voting for Ragnar is just doing what the mystery bossing us around person wants us to do and as I already noted mystery narrators generally are big fat liars so I just do not think it is wise to listen without a little more evidence.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I just have this feeling that the right move here is !vote Monkeyfeet you see it just feels right to me whereas voting for Ragnar is just doing what the mystery bossing us around person wants us to do and as I already noted mystery narrators generally are big fat liars so I just do not think it is wise to listen without a little more evidence.

Dearest FunkyWaltDogg,

I admit that I am also hesitant to vote for Monkeyfeet as some uncouthly individual has also anonymously accused him of being evil on the anonymous proboard. I truly am lost and confused.

In substitute, I will vote for whoever posts post #210.

Passively aggressive,

eecc

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    See now I think that our anonymous accuser is more likely to be on the money than the mystery narrator because think about it how likely is it that a seer also has the ability to publish his own messages to the narration but on the other hand posting anonymously on the anonymous board is exactly what I would expect and in addition the narration message did not precisely accuse Ragnar of wrongdoing it simply suggested he should be checked out

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    FWD does have a point there. It only did say we should check Ragnar out, not out right kill him. If our mystrious seer wants to check him out I'm more then happy to !vote Monkeyfeet tonight and see how it pans out.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I gotta vote !Monkeyfeet. From what I hear, he's some kind of... capitalist.

And that's terrible.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Dearest Phalla,

I hereby !vote eecc because I have no clue who to vote for.

Not afraid of commitments,

eecc

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    eecc, are you...

afraid of commitments?

This is important.
    did the word commitment appear in your role pm.
    very important.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't really have anything against !Ragnar, but, !Monkeyfeet, on the other hand....

Sheep Have Wool on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So we're voting for !Monkeyfeet

I hope this gets formatted right. iPhone posts for the win!

Quoth on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !Monkeyfeet

Maybe the network wants him dead? Maybe we are all sheep? Sheep without wool?

Dun Dun Dun

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If anyone feels the need to send in actions or vote, now would be the time to do so.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Guess I'll vote !Monkeyfeet.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So... if Monkeyfeet is innocent are we going back to Ragnar?

Clarification: What happens in the event of a tie?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

That is what I'm going to do at least.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Clarification: What happens in the event of a tie?
    I guess you'd just have to try it and see.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The next day passed in a nervous calm. No one was sure what was going on, or why. Was this a beginning to a new Time of Troubles? Just when everything had become so peaceful and nice. Would they really have to start wearing ties and carry pocketbooks around again? How awful.

The commune gathered around the sign post that had appeared mysteriously in the morning to discuss what could be done. Ragnar Danneskjold stood in the center, protesting his innocence. “I swear, I don’t know what this is about! I like tilling fields! Sharing is super awesome!”

“Ragnar, it’s not for any of us to pass judgment on you. You’re free to do as you like. It’s just we don’t want you to make us do as you like is all. You can see that right? How those are different?”

“I didn’t kill those guys! I’m not a capitalist! I hated my old job! What are we even talking about here?”

“Well, maybe you’d like to go off on your own? Or maybe we could find you something more conducive to your…more violent and possessive tendencies? I’m sure if we put our heads together we coul….oh my.”

The speaker had stopped abruptly to stare at the sky, as had everyone else in the group. Ragnar turned to see what they were looking at just as the body of a young woman plummeted from the sky and was impaled on the signpost. Blood sprayed everywhere blinding everyone as they began to scream. When they could see again, they found that the impaled body was DasUberEdwards and that she wore a brand new set of tennis shoes. Certainly the nicest anyone had seen since society had collapsed.

Monkeyfeet stood aloof from the others as they tried to cope with the extremely graphic murder they had just witnessed. With a blank face and cold eyes he began to walk back to a sleeping hut for the night. “Hey!” shouted a few of the larger commue members, “where are you going all calm and collected? You knew about this didn’t you!?” A rock was thrown to get him to stop and come back so the group could talk about this rationally, but unfortunately it was thrown too hard and Monkeyfeet was killed by a blow to the head.

Upon waking, a new sign was discovered sitting near Durax’s old sleeping hut:
    Dear fellow capitalists, It appears that the esteemed John Galt is down, so we should all work together to take over these bloody communists.
    I'll be in touch,
    Farewell.

Dead:
    DasUberEdwards – Isabelle Knight – Apparently couldn't fly
    Monkeyfeet – Pro Poker Player – Got stoned man

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Woo! we killed a green and red person, is that good or bad?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    We got a bad guy and didn't loose any specials. Monkeyfeet showed up good, so I have to !vote Ragnar. But it was FWD that turned the vote from Ragnar.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    warban wrote: »

Green is villager.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    !Ragnar then!

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

Green is villager.

I don't know, Pro poker player sounds like Capitalist. I think we can't depend on the color of the death in this Phalla.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

Green is villager.

I don't know, Pro poker player sounds like Capitalist. I think we can't depend on the color of the death in this Phalla.

Egos - Buddhist - Bled out by two very strong fingers

Does not sound very capitalist to me.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Dearest Phalla,

I'd like to share a message that I have recently received:

Someone thinks it’s very important that you know that Count Baltar betrayed humanity to the Cylons at the end of the Thousand Yahren War to save his own colony. They Cylons betrayed him in turn by destroying all of the Twelve Colonies.

I believe that this is an important lesson that we must all learn. It is not just the capitalists that we are to be afraid of - but also the Cylons. Where is our Count Baltar? Who is our Judas?

In deep thought,

eecc

P.S:

Rainfall wrote: »
    eecc, are you...

afraid of commitments?

This is important.
    did the word commitment appear in your role pm.
    very important.

Dearest Rainfall, it's not that I'm afraid of commitment, more that I'm afraid that I'll hurt those I love because I am imperfect.

No.
    Yes.
    What are you asking? What am I being asked to commit to?

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    o0o0o0o0o0o0o

It was Saturday damn you. I was out having fun with friends and you kill me. Well I would like to point out that Therooroo has lived for 2 days,

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm going to go with !Thetheroo, mostly because he's far too intelligent to say this:
    Thetheroo wrote: »

Sheep Have Wool on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Actually I think that quote actually SHOWS his intelligence, !Sheep Have Wool. This is not a normal phalla.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Also !Retract Ragnar

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !Sheep Have Wool I guess? I don't know about voting for Thetheroo who appears to be the only other vote-getter at present.

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Dearest Phalla,

I am confused.

You see, last night I met this wonderful lady, and we seemed to hit it off quite well. We chatted for a bit, and then I, of course, asked the following question:

"Hey, so can you spell quiescent for me?"

At which point, she looked at me with an odd expression which might be best summed up in Internet parlance as, "WTF?". It was after this that the evening seemed to go downhill faster than a rollercoaster going uphill.

In hindsight, I guess that the question was the problem. Perhaps next time, I should ask something else instead - maybe something from cryptic crosswords:

"Two words, 12 letters, Bar on soap?"

Do you think that asking the original question was where it went wrong?

Cryptically yours,

eecc

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    Institutional PederastyInstitutional Pederasty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Actually, I'm gonna agree with Sheep Haveth Wool on this one. I think that comment was misleading on purpose, so I'm gonna !Vote Thetheroo. Also, I'd like to say I'm pretty sure the whole check out Ragnar line thing, was because I did not vote. Hence, the whole not working for the common good stuff. So yea, hopefully that won't be the reason people vote for me any more.

Institutional Pederasty on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    When an Orphan and a Buddhist have the same color, it's pretty obvious that green is for the village, if not normal villagers(I doubt there are any truly normal villagers, I believe everyone has at least a pseudo-ability/role)

!Thetheroo is damn well clever enough to spot that. He seems like pretty dirty capitalist scum to me.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Dearest Phalla,

I find both Ragnar and Rainfall's reasoning to both be very convincing.

In addition, reasoning starts with the letter 'R', just like Ragnar and Rainfall! With logic like this backing them up, how can they possibly be wrong?

!vote Thetheroo

Yours,

eecc

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    eecc wrote: »
    Dearest Phalla,

I am confused.

You see, last night I met this wonderful lady, and we seemed to hit it off quite well. We chatted for a bit, and then I, of course, asked the following question:

At which point, she looked at me with an odd expression which might be best summed up in Internet parlance as, "WTF?". It was after this that the evening seemed to go downhill faster than a rollercoaster going uphill.

In hindsight, I guess that the question was the problem. Perhaps next time, I should ask something else instead - maybe something from cryptic crosswords:

Cryptically yours,

eecc

Dear eecc, I believe that asking a woman word puzzles in the middle of a wonderful encounter is perhaps the wrong way to go about things. You should attempt to approach her in a more normal fashion. Perhaps discuss the weather, or your respective places of employment?

Sincerely,

Rainfall

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    eecc wrote: »
    Dearest Phalla,

I am confused.

Cryptically yours,

eecc

Dear eecc, I believe that asking a woman word puzzles in the middle of a wonderful encounter is perhaps the wrong way to go about things. You should attempt to approach her in a more normal fashion. Perhaps discuss the weather, or your respective places of employment?

Sincerely,

Rainfall

Dearest Rainfall,

Perhaps you are correct. Would other topics of discussion include hobbies, and favourite card and board games? I believe I was a bit forward with my suggestions of word games and puzzles, especially when she invited me over to her apartment. The conversation went something like:

Me: "Oh! Do you have Scrabble at your place? We should play Scrabble."

Her: "Uhh... if that's what you call it...?"

Me: "You know? With the letters on tiles, and if you're playing competitively, you start making two letter words and everything."

Her: "Huh?"

Me: "Oh, well... nevermind then. Hey look, I guess I'll go home then."

Her: "But-"

Me: "Nah, it's alright. I'm a bit tired. See you around!"

Her: "Wha?"

Perhaps if I had been more attentive and asked what she was wanting to play we could've perhaps ended the night playing Risk or maybe a game of 500 - although admittedly, two player 500 is not that much fun.

I shall take your words of advice and think about them.

Ponderously yours,

eecc

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Uhh why is the bandwagon going against me? I only stated about the color thing because this Phalla is messed up, and it wouldn't surprise me if the colors were messed up. I screwed up the post because I was posting in a 15 minute break from work, and didn't really have time to check things.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Green could even be neutral! Because Buddhists are pacifists and Poker Players probably only watch out for themselves.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    What did the Orphan appear in?

Thetheroo on