Options

[chat]icated to Irene

• Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I have moved my base of operations to a bench outside the library

let's hope there are no sudden cloudbursts!

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Irene: heirloom items.

Armor you can buy with a higher level character, wear it for a while, and then mail to a lower level character on the same account. And then do it again.

The stats scale appropriately by level.

And some pieces give xp bonuses.

That's pretty cool. What is this in response to? Is it a special thing for CEs?

Oh, no, just something I'm excited about right now.

Anything that speeds up leveling is great by me.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    James wrote: »
    The fuck?! When the hell did people start riding fucking dragons in WoW?

That might be a good enough reason to start playing.

You need to already have an epic flyer to do the rep grind, so that's 5K gold. The rep grind takes a while, an hour or two a day for a few weeks. That's not a good enough reason if you're not already playing. :P

Nova_C on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, we have a lot of people from China and India, but I've only seen two cases of racism personally. One was a coworker refering to another as a "chink" and the other was some random passerby telling a Sikh dude to go back to his own country. Both cases I was rather shocked to see it.

The worst thing was in The Des Bishop Work Experience. He was doing a bunch of menial, minimum wage jobs for six months and making a documentary about it. He had no money other then what he earned and all that jazz. Anyway, he was working in a kebab shop in Galway and the majority of the workers there were Chinese. It was horrible when he had to explain that that term was an insult to his roommate, and that every person who had said it to him (Which was a lot, apparently) was being a racist towards him. That scene was so horrible to watch.

Tav on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tav wrote: »

nearly two years ago

Gawd.

That makes me feel so old.

I think I stopped playing that game back in '05.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »

You need to already have an epic flyer to do the rep grind, so that's 5K gold. The rep grind takes a while, an hour or two a day for a few weeks. That's not a good enough reason if you're not already playing. :P

Few weeks? I spent about 1 to get it on my rogue. Haven't bothered on my druid but instant cast flight form makes other mounts pointless.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Since I have that Drake for my Pally and the Cenarian War Hippogryph for my Priest, I was considering going after the Sporebat for my hunter, but THAT is an ugly mount. I'll probably just go with the gryphon.

Cenarion war hippogriff? Is that from Cenarion Refuge?

Also, I think I might try to grind out the level 70 priest pvp set. At least the chest and the helm, anyway, like I did for the level 60 epic set. How long does that take?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »

Few weeks? I spent about 1 to get it on my rogue. Haven't bothered on my druid but instant cast flight form makes other mounts pointless.

I was prot and passed on a few of the quests since they took forever to complete. Anything in the mine was good, but a few of them were just painful to do as a prot pally.

I was trying to remember how long it took me and I know it was at least 2 weeks, but I've never been one to grind very hard.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have a complaint: what’s with the idea that WoW has stunning graphics? Everything’s all blocky and ugly. WAR also appears to be pretty dang nasty. Just about every other game has looked better than that for five years or so.

Is it just a context thing?

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wait, you have to have an epic flyer before you can start working towards the drake? Why?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Also mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it feels good to be somewhere with HUMAN BEINGS

may the damnable state of North Carolina rot, rot, rot

or at least I think I feel good right now, but it's sort of impossible to tell because my emotions are still cloistered off as part of the self-preserving instincts that arose from my situation

but uh pretty sure I feel good, whoooo

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008

o_O

Fuh...fuh-flight form?

My proudest moment as a max level 60 hunter was putting together the mats and making my own Arcanite Rifle.

I don't even recognize this game anymore. :lol:

The Raging Platypus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Since I have that Drake for my Pally and the Cenarian War Hippogryph for my Priest, I was considering going after the Sporebat for my hunter, but THAT is an ugly mount. I'll probably just go with the gryphon.

Cenarion war hippogriff? Is that from Cenarion Refuge?

Also, I think I might try to grind out the level 70 priest pvp set. At least the chest and the helm, anyway, like I did for the level 60 epic set. How long does that take?

Yeah. Take exalted + 2000g on top of already having the epic skill. That was a bit of a grind, but I think it looks pretty cool.

My complaint about it is it has no walking or standing animation, so it continues to 'fly' once you land.

EDIT: You need the epic flying skill to start the Netherdrake quests.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008

Armor you can buy with a higher level character, wear it for a while, and then mail to a lower level character on the same account. And then do it again.

That is actually a cool concept

Are there any details on how they actually work? Like can you assign X amt of heirloom items or are they predesignated?

Medopine on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    stilist wrote: »
    I have a complaint: what’s with the idea that WoW has stunning graphics? Everything’s all blocky and ugly. WAR also appears to be pretty dang nasty. Just about every other game has looked better than that for five years or so.

I think it's more the decent, coherent, non-generic art style

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So my computer parts all finally arrived. Put it together, no problem, and theeeeen some kind of common AIT driver problem with vista that's apparently been around since Vista beta, and with just about every kind of ATI card.

That and I can't get sound through my headphones... Or internet.

Home is around the bend!

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Does anyone know anything about some Terrance McKenna dude?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    WoW is very colorful, easy on the eyes, and has great variation in its styling while still remaining consistent and coherent. It also tends to have very good animations, and actually looks pretty spiff at the good framerates et al.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I was prot and passed on a few of the quests since they took forever to complete. Anything in the mine was good, but a few of them were just painful to do as a prot pally.

I was trying to remember how long it took me and I know it was at least 2 weeks, but I've never been one to grind very hard.

Well of course it'll be slow on a prot pally.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Are the forums being kind of spotty for anyone else? It seems like every other page I try to go to times out.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    stilist wrote: »

I think it's more the decent, coherent, non-generic art style

Blizzard has always had great artwork. I love the art in WoW and think it looks great. I mean, sure, the tech is dated, but Blizzard always makes games that run on older machines and WoW does.

I think WoW looks better than a lot of modern games with stunning tech and derivative art.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    o_O

Fuh...fuh-flight form?

My proudest moment as a max level 60 hunter was putting together the mats and making my own Arcanite Rifle.

Yeah, I took a long break between April of 2007 till recently (Alliance-side, that is, I rolled a Blood elf pally with Hippie's crew), and I was like "I don't know what's going on anymore." And everybody has all this badass stuff from like tier 20 raiding stuff, and I'm like, "HAI, i jsut maed mah Primal Mooncloth Robes?"

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Does anyone know anything about some Terrance McKenna dude?

Yes. Did lots of drugs. Thought other people should do lots of drugs. Wrote some books about drugs. Died of a brain tumor. What about him?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Are the forums being kind of spotty for anyone else? It seems like every other page I try to go to times out.
    Seems fine for me.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited September 2008

o_O

Fuh...fuh-flight form?

christ

you are old

I mean

CHRIST

YOU ARE OLD

CAN YOU HEAR ME, GRAMPS?

Tav on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Primal Mooncloth is pretty good healing gear. :P

None of my characters have anything beyond Tier 4.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Medopine wrote: »

That is actually a cool concept

Are there any details on how they actually work? Like can you assign X amt of heirloom items or are they predesignated?

They're predetermined. It's a new class of item entirely that you can buy with a piece of currency that drops from dungeon bosses. (Like Badges of Justice, if you know what those are.)

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    christ

you are old

I mean

CHRIST

YOU ARE OLD

CAN YOU HEAR ME, GRAMPS?

I've been raiding strath since before you were born!

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I still remember taking my druid on the trip from Menethil to Westfall for the water form quest.

December, 2004. Everything was new and goddamn did that feel like adventuring.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I have one ring from KZ. That's all the raiding I ever did in TBC. God, I'm such a noob, I've only got like half of my Prophecy set :(

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    christ

you are old

I mean

CHRIST

YOU ARE OLD

CAN YOU HEAR ME, GRAMPS?

SHUT OFF YOUR DAMN MUSIC YOU YOUNG PUNKS GOT NO RESPECT NO MORALS AND GET OFF MY LAWN NYARRRGGGH

*shoots shotgun in the air*

The Raging Platypus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    christ

you are old

I mean

CHRIST

YOU ARE OLD

CAN YOU HEAR ME, GRAMPS?

I've been raiding strath since before you were born!

Raiding Strath? Christ, you must have dust for bones.

Tav on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Time for more work...

James on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I've never been to Strat.

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2008

I have one ring from KZ. That's all the raiding I ever did in TBC. God, I'm such a noob, I've only got like half of my Prophecy set :(

I've got pretty much all the healing gear from KZ on my priest. Staff from Magtheridon and the ZA healing robes. Pally is about half equipped in KZ gear. My hunter has barely been in any raids and my mage went to KZ once before it ended up being demoted back to a banking character.

How many people have a level 70 banking character?!

o/

Nova_C on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My spanish teacher is fucking insane.

And not in a good way.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I still remember taking my druid on the trip from Menethil to Westfall for the water form quest.

December, 2004. Everything was new and goddamn did that feel like adventuring.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm a little worried that me helping my boyfriend level destroys the feeling of adventure from seeing new content, cuz we're just knocking out quest after quest with me as his tour guide, and keeping his life full because my Renew heals like 1/5th of his life per tick. Though we totally duo'd that elite demon dude in the back of Pools of Aggonar, in Hellfire. That was boss. I totally tanked two infernals.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I remember raiding scholo at 54 back when it was a 10 man. God I was a useless rogue back then.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm glad I quit WoW around level 39 or so.

Twice.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I've never been to Scholo.

Feral on

This discussion has been closed.