[chat]icated to Irene

• Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Also, lest I seem unappreciative, thank you all for the well-wishing

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral, I had said in response to medo hating robots answering the phones at whole foods.

"You need to stop calling an uppity grocery store."

then a two page argument ensued.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    People are getting back into WoW now? :(

Wrath of the Lich King, baby!

I'm actually sort of tempted to get the collector's edition. I went for the normal box for TBC, and sorta regretted it when I saw people running around with netherdrake pets. Though I don't know how cool the WotLK pet is.

It's pretty cool, but I'll probably pass if only because it'll require planning. EB in the US is already pretty well sold out of their quota for CE pre-orders.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Septus wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Hey what server type are your mains on? I'll probably be picking up WOTLK around release time and it would be fun to play with you

What? You're not allowed to play outside of Ravenholdt.

You should come over to Icecrown, too.

No, you all come to Draka!

You and your boyfriend are welcome to Icecrown, too.

I just got him to transfer to Draka from Proudmoore :P Besides, I have lots of people I would be sorry to leave on Draka, maybe I'll make a Death Knight over on Icecrown though.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Corvus wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    e-mail e-mail e-mail

call call call

oh gofffff something work out

EDIT o uppity: I've always seen this as a racist word, if only because I never saw it used outside of a racist context. Might just be a regional thing though, idk. vOv

Might be. I had no idea of its racist history until I read this page. Good luck in Seattle.

Probably because we're Canadian?

James on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So, you guys know how every futuristic film ever has a scene where goths are in a nightclub and some downbeat heavy grungy/dancey/metally music is playing? What's the proper name for that type of music?

Tav on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Irene: heirloom items.

Armor you can buy with a higher level character, wear it for a while, and then mail to a lower level character on the same account. And then do it again.

The stats scale appropriately by level.

And some pieces give xp bonuses.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I seem to remember both Irene and Medo talking about coming to Icecrown over a year ago......

;)

Nova_C on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Meh, I'll probably pick up the expansion when it actually comes out. starting it up before seems like a waste of cash money.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    So, you guys know how every futuristic film ever has a scene where goths are in a nightclub and some downbeat heavy grungy/dancey/metally music is playing? What's the proper name for that type of music?

EBM or industrial.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited September 2008

Industrial?

Nova_C on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Hey what server type are your mains on? I'll probably be picking up WOTLK around release time and it would be fun to play with you

What? You're not allowed to play outside of Ravenholdt.

You should come over to Icecrown, too.

My Alliance man is on Mannoroth with my brothers, I'd get yelled at in real life.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So anyway, Tiger Direct.com just e-mailed me with a flyer.

I can get a one Terabyte hard drive for sixty bucks...

...If I buy windows Vista.

good one Microsoft, almost had me there.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A politician refered to obama as uppity. I don't think he meant it as a racist term, probably just a remarkably poor choice of words.
    That was Lynn Westmorland. He meant it as racist and it was a poor choice of terms. He's got Schrodinger's Dumb.

He's the same dude that both thought the 10 Commandments were the basis for the American Justice System, and couldn't name more than 3. He still thought they should be posted in courthouses, though.

ah, gotcha.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I'm actually sort of tempted to get the collector's edition. I went for the normal box for TBC, and sorta regretted it when I saw people running around with netherdrake pets. Though I don't know how cool the WotLK pet is.
    Oh yea? The WAR CE came with a pewter WHFB mini that I get to assemble and paint!

:|

Bama on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Tav, Echo is really into that stuff. You might want to check out some of his posts for examples.

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2008

It's pretty cool, but I'll probably pass if only because it'll require planning. EB in the US is already pretty well sold out of their quota for CE pre-orders.

Are there screenshots of it anywhere? I mean, netherdrakes are probably the coolest creatures in the game. Though I have to say the most awesome object is the little airplane mount thing, which I guess is created with engineering? I would totally level up an engineer just to be able to make that.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I am not looking forward to Wrath. I know my pally reroll project won't be 70 in time :(

Tav on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Meh, I'll probably pick up the expansion when it actually comes out. starting it up before seems like a waste of cash money.

I'm getting my third char her epic flyer. Won't bother for my fourth (Yes, I have 4 70s). I'll get my hunter a new pet come 3.0, level it to 70 and then probably break until Wrath drops.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Industrial.

James on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Tav, Echo is really into that stuff. You might want to check out some of his posts for examples.

Ah, thanks guys. I'll definitely annoy him for some recommendations the next time I see him online.

Tav on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Are there screenshots of it anywhere? I mean, netherdrakes are probably the coolest creatures in the game. Though I have to say the most awesome object is the little airplane mount thing, which I guess is created with engineering? I would totally level up an engineer just to be able to make that.

TCG

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Does anyone know what all is coming in the CE WotLK?

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If lich king nonsense takes over this chat I will stab so many bitches

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »

TCG

Nope. It's engineering.

Tav on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    James wrote: »
    e-mail e-mail e-mail

call call call

EDIT o uppity: I've always seen this as a racist word, if only because I never saw it used outside of a racist context. Might just be a regional thing though, idk. vOv

Might be. I had no idea of its racist history until I read this page. Good luck in Seattle.

Depends I guess. Here in Vancouver theres not much of a black population. In Ontario, or say, Nova Scotia it might be different I guess.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Does anyone know what all is coming in the CE WotLK?

Yeah, two TGC packs or something, a 200 page art book, a mouse pad with a map of Northerend on it, an exculsive pet and something else which is escaping me at the moment.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

103355-1.jpg

The engineering mount is annoying. My engineer has a Netherdrake instead.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hmmm, this is going to get annoying

I have to pack up all of my stuff and walk out of the library every time I have a batch of phone calls to make

hohrum

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The engineering mount is annoying. My engineer has a Netherdrake instead.

I mean, this is just awesome:

Drake.jpg

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I always found netherdrakes ugly, myself.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The fuck?! When the hell did people start riding fucking dragons in WoW?

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fuck netherdrakes, I may have to just choose whatever achievement gives me the easiest shot at one of the new proto-drakes.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited September 2008

TCG

Nope. It's engineering.

I was thinking the rocket mount.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

nearly two years ago

Tav on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    James wrote: »
    e-mail e-mail e-mail

call call call

Depends I guess. Here in Vancouver theres not much of a black population. In Ontario, or say, Nova Scotia it might be different I guess.

Well, we have a lot of people from China and India, but I've only seen two cases of racism personally. One was a coworker refering to another as a "chink" and the other was some random passerby telling a Sikh dude to go back to his own country. Both cases I was rather shocked to see it.

James on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Irene: heirloom items.

Armor you can buy with a higher level character, wear it for a while, and then mail to a lower level character on the same account. And then do it again.

The stats scale appropriately by level.

And some pieces give xp bonuses.

That's pretty cool. What is this in response to? Is it a special thing for CEs?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Since I have that Drake for my Pally and the Cenarian War Hippogryph for my Priest, I was considering going after the Sporebat for my hunter, but THAT is an ugly mount. I'll probably just go with the gryphon.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

That might be a good enough reason to start playing.

James on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    man, the other lab technicians suck big time, and now I've got a shit ton of work to do.

Ughhhh

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.