As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WoW: The New BLT: Bacon of LighT [Chat and General Discussion]

• Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    W2 wrote: »
    I just got done 8-manning the first couple bosses in Molten Core, felt nice to be back there.

I have a guildy who insists that all the 40-man content was rebalanced at TBC launched to be tuned for a 25-man raid.

I am certain that this is not true, but he told me to "check the patch notes".

This didn't happen, right?

Man, what's he on? No, that's not correct at all.

If you like MC so much you can pretty much 2 man it at 80!

Mgcw on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just got done 8-manning the first couple bosses in Molten Core, felt nice to be back there.

I have a guildy who insists that all the 40-man content was rebalanced at TBC launched to be tuned for a 25-man raid.

It didn't happen but we need to establish your baseline of masochism. Do you enjoy CBT? Paddle or Canning? I'm also assuming some serious edge play....

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »

I lol'd.

It actually might feel nice, when you're blazing through it all super quickly.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

No I think it's still the same.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    riz wrote: »

D:

Now that it's really easy and not a massive time-sink hell raid.

W2 on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    your guildy is crazy

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    bowen wrote: »
    Why is it everyone on my server is Palin/McCain crazy? It's like you mention Palin and 1300 nerds simultaneously orgasm.

Is this something that's unique to WoW?

I'm curious if there is a seperation on this between horde and alliance as generally Horde side on Shattered Hand is rather D. I wonder if R people tend to roll alliance since most of my R friends rolled alliance at launch.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    You know, I think you're on to something there.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why is it everyone on my server is Palin/McCain crazy? It's like you mention Palin and 1300 nerds simultaneously orgasm.

Hot chick who is running for VP and getting tons of attention = lots of kids in a game getting all hot and bothered, and thinking they are cool, hip (and original) for referencing politics.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »

I'm curious if there is a seperation on this between horde and alliance as generally Horde side on Shattered Hand is rather D. I wonder if R people tend to roll alliance since most of my R friends rolled alliance at launch.

I'm a true independent then, considering I originally rolled Alliance and switched to Horde during BC.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Hot chick who is running for VP and getting tons of attention = lots of kids in a game getting all hot and bothered, and thinking they are cool, hip (and original) for referencing politics.

Everyone over 20 in my guild has done this at least once in trade. I find myself leaving vent and shit during raids when they start arguing politics during a run.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "Kid" is a relative term, if you know what I mean.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "Kid" is a relative term, if you know what I mean.

Touché.

bowen on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

This must be some new use of the word "hot" I wasn't previously aware of.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »

T.O.H.

[tiny]Bob Villa will be the host.[/tiny]

bowen on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well I think she's pretty hot.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »

Some of us like the librarian look. There can be great fun in corrupting something that looks innocent.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    She's fairly attractive, and certainly qualifies as a MILF, but Hillary is no FLIRJ.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I have no idea what FLIRJ is, but mentioning Palin and Hillary in the same sentence is like the worst blasphemy ever.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Obama is still the hottest person in the race.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have no idea what FLIRJ is, but mentioning Palin and Hillary in the same sentence is like the worst blasphemy ever.

There is a guy in my guild who makes it no secret that he totally wants to rail Hillary.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »
    So is anyone going to try arcane mage in 3.0? I'm not really sure how it'll work.

I'm going to try, but my mage is only level 22 right now, so I don't think it'll be an accurate representation. It seems like it would be fairly good mixed with the fire talents, a lot of the early ones increase the crit rate of the arcane spells and impact now affects all damaging spells (so arcane explosion and arcane missile seem like they would be fairly useful for stunning enemies).

Invisible on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    Obama is still the hottest person in the race.

Hmm...Obama/Palin threesome. That could be interesting.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Personally I think Palin looks like Sally Field's potentially mentally challenged sister.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Different strokes for different folks. :winky:

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

It's...horrible.

First Lady I'd like to Rim Job.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Septus wrote: »

It's...horrible.

First Lady I'd like to Rim Job.

:lol:

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I just went through the patch notes for 2.0.1 to 2.0.12 and didn't see any mention of old world instances. If it comes up again tell him to point you towards a specific patch note.

Seg on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What the fuck is going on in this thread.
    riz wrote: »

D:

Now that it's really easy and not a massive time-sink hell raid.

This makes it better but I wouldn't imagine it would be enjoyable. It's still MC. There's nothing interesting going on in there. "Oh hey another flamewaker."

riz on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Being able to clear MC quickly would prevent me from slitting my wrists if I went, but I still don't want to go back to that place.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    End wrote: »
    Being able to clear MC quickly would prevent me from slitting my wrists if I went, but I still don't want to go back to that place.

Metric Fuck-ton of trash aside, that place was a lot of fun, I always thought. Since WoW was my frist MMO I thought going to MC was like going to "hell" in the game's lore.

Turns out I was more than right, apparently.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Stack that FR gear kids!

Fucking original 40 man raids and their stupid ass resist requirement bullshit.

"Hey I know you spent like months and months acquiring all that sweet looking badass Bloodfang gear, but here, wear these FR greens to clear this place lol thanks"

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Man that was the only possible thing I could think of for RJ to stand for but I was desperatley praying it meant something else

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    End wrote: »

Metric Fuck-ton of trash aside, that place was a lot of fun, I always thought. Since WoW was my frist MMO I thought going to MC was like going to "hell" in the game's lore.

Turns out I was more than right, apparently.

:lol:

riz on
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I was the hunter puller for our raid, I died a lot. At the time it was exciting and fun up til after we had it on farm. Possibility of new loot was always good. Retro-Comparatively it was a piece of shit instances slapped together at the last second.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    eric.eric. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    I want to come back to WoW, but I don't have my account anymore. Do I need to buy BC, or when I get vanilla WoW + WOTLK, will I be able to go into Outlands. Please help, I can't find any info on this on the WoW site.

eric. on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    You will need BC

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Damn these chat threads move fast. It's almost time for another one :(.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Seg wrote: »

I just went through the patch notes for 2.0.1 to 2.0.12 and didn't see any mention of old world instances. If it comes up again tell him to point you towards a specific patch note.

It did not happen. Blizz explicitly stated at the time that nothing was going to happen to the old world instances.

Also, MC is the worst raid instance in existence. It's horribly done. It's just way too large. You need a god damn mount to get around when the trash is cleared. Oh, when the trash is cleared because they fucking respawn after an hour. I was the lead hunter puller back in the day for my guild and it was terrible.

Granted, the guild was terrible. One of the first 3 guilds server wide in MC and it took us from May to August to get to the second to last boss (not Rag, the guy that summons him, with the adds and the chest and all that).

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    TOO SOON, EXECUTUS!

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
This discussion has been closed.