Options

WoW: The New BLT: Bacon of LighT [Chat and General Discussion]

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey, I just had a cool idea. I was thinking about how there was a bunch of dragon raids in the expansion, and how with Malygos being a level 80 raid mob, it made it rather stupid for there to be another dragon raid in a future expansion that would have to be more powerful. How's this for an idea: In an emerald dream expansion, Ysera is a raid mob; but instead of being a badguy you have to kill, Ysera is testing the players to see if they are ready to take on the Emerald Nightmare. So you fight Ysera, defeat her, she says you're now ready to try your hand at the next raid mob, attunes you for it, and and gifts you a gift basket of loot to help you out on your quest. High level dragon raid without having to resort to having A. A dragon more powerful than Malygos yet not an aspect or B. An existing aspect having to go nuts or evil.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    There's still deathwing and the infinite dragonflight unresolved. So there's plenty of dragon content still to come either way.
    I bet we will kill either undead or demons in the surprise raid.
    Fel-undead. Oh shit, I shouldn't give then any ideas.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey, I just had a cool idea. I was thinking about how there was a bunch of dragon raids in the expansion, and how with Malygos being a level 80 raid mob, it made it rather stupid for there to be another dragon raid in a future expansion that would have to be more powerful. How's this for an idea: In an emerald dream expansion, Ysera is a raid mob; but instead of being a badguy you have to kill, Ysera is testing the players to see if they are ready to take on the Emerald Nightmare. So you fight Ysera, defeat her, she says you're now ready to try your hand at the next raid mob, attunes you for it, and and gifts you a gift basket of loot to help you out on your quest. High level dragon raid without having to resort to having A. A dragon more powerful than Malygos yet not an aspect or B. An existing aspect having to go nuts or evil.

I seem to recall a Blizzard poster saying that levels don't indicate a bosses power lore-wise, they're simply a gameplay mechanic, so there's no reason why you can't have a level 90 dragon boss without resorting to all manner of cheap trickery.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    reVerse wrote: »

I seem to recall a Blizzard poster saying that levels don't indicate a bosses power lore-wise, they're simply a gameplay mechanic, so there's no reason why you can't have a level 90 dragon boss without resorting to all manner of cheap trickery.

I still like the idea of Ysera wiping a raid and going "You can't even beat me, how can you expect to fight the Nightmare?" every single time until the raid leader has an aneurysm.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    CorranCorran VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    reVerse wrote: »

I still like the idea of Ysera wiping a raid and going "You can't even beat me, how can you expect to fight the Nightmare?" every single time until the raid leader has an aneurysm.

:^: Bonus points to Blizz if they make her Cthun 2.0 so even the top guilds will be throwing away 1000s of gold to ALMOST kill her only to see that as they fail again and again. :lol::twisted:

Corran on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kartan wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »
    So I'm told that the 3.0 files should've been snagged by the auto-downloader already, possibly quite a while ago.

Is there any way to verify that this happened? I mean I don't think I turned mine off or anything, but it seems like I would remember a file download that big.

The file (2.x-to-3.0 enUS.exe or something similiar) should be in your WoW directory.

As far as I can tell you have to run the launcher to get the updated background downloader to get the new patch. I normally bypass the launcher (when I played anyway) and this doesn't keep the downloaded up to date and if you try to manually run it you get a "no new patch info" message. Just turn on your launcher, run the launcher, it should update and go from there.

Ah, so that's why I haven't gotten it. That is a really stupid way to run a railroad.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Arrath wrote: »
    dojango wrote: »
    Mgcw wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    One thing I am sick and tired of is troll themed instances.

Why can't we have a new dorf themed instance?

Because blizzard hates people who spell it dorf?

I jest. I'd fucking love me a dwarf instance. As long as it's nothing like BRD.

Excuse me, BRD fucking rules.

yeah, BRD is pretty sweet. Lava, adamantite (I assume, cause they delved too deep), probably got good minerals, dunno if they have flux or not, though. Also, no aquifer, not a lot of timber, but you don't need it if you got lava. Access to human and elven caravans for that. They made a pretty nice looking fort there.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay late. But still. :^:

Late, but...:^:

I would almost report it for awesome, but it's only awesome if you get the reference.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Where does the attack on UC quest start?

Fuga on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    New dances will be added in a content patch, one of the objective with the dance studio isn't to just add new dances but also let players combine moves to create their own dance.
    that.. that actually sounds neat. if only to make the sluttiest dance possible
    And then give it to a Tauren Male.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Corran wrote: »

snip

:^: Bonus points to Blizz if they make her Cthun 2.0 so even the top guilds will be throwing away 1000s of gold to ALMOST kill her only to see that as they fail again and again. :lol::twisted:

F that asshole, F Cthun 1.0 so hard. So easy and fun in retrospect, but god damn GET OUT OF THE FREAKING RED LAZER BEAM YOU TARD LOOK UP GODDAMMIT OH WAIT THERE'S 4000 TENTACLES AND CHAIN LIGHTENING SHOCK FOR 92000 DMG HOW THE SHIT IS THA TPOSSIBLE. Then he got nerfed and we killed him

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    mastman wrote: »
    Corran wrote: »

snip

F that asshole, F Cthun 1.0 so hard. So easy and fun in retrospect, but god damn GET OUT OF THE FREAKING RED LAZER BEAM YOU TARD LOOK UP GODDAMMIT OH WAIT THERE'S 4000 TENTACLES AND CHAIN LIGHTENING SHOCK FOR 92000 DMG HOW THE SHIT IS THA TPOSSIBLE. Then he got nerfed and we killed him

Never have so many people had such a fundamentally flawed understanding of "clockwise" and "counter-clockwise."

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    That boss. We gkicked a lot of people for Cthun failure. Almost as many as Vael, but Vael still holds the record. Cthun screwed everyone up, first boss where you had to move and pay attention to surroundings. Moving screwed everyone up.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This would also be why Ossirian was such a pain in the ass for even 'competant' groups.

Killing him pre-nerf is something I'm pretty proud of in WoW. Crazed, hectic, and fun as hell. Well, when it worked out.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    YOU ARE TERMINATED.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That boss. We gkicked a lot of people for Cthun failure. Almost as many as Vael, but Vael still holds the record. Cthun screwed everyone up, first boss where you had to move and pay attention to surroundings. Moving screwed everyone up.

Or on roof cave ins on Gruul. Or Aran, in Kara, with his blizzard. Come to think about it, Kara seems designed to help guilds eliminate baggage that probably has trouble tying their own shoes in the morning.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

Or on roof cave ins on Gruul. Or Aran, in Kara, with his blizzard. Come to think about it, Kara seems designed to help guilds eliminate baggage that probably has trouble tying their own shoes in the morning.
    "Ok which one of you shitheads moved on flame wreath?"

Speaking of morons I had a fun SFK today.
    "Hey, why don't you swap to defensive stance to tank?"
    "stance?"
    "Uh..."
    "i dont have any stance but this wun"

I can't wait for /facepalm.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »

"Ok which one of you shitheads moved on flame wreath?"

The Little Red Riding Hood one is the best one for revenge death though. "Aww you died shucks."

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So im stockpiling rested to push from 65 to 70 when 3.0 drops?

Anyone in the same boat with me?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Why is it everyone on my server is Palin/McCain crazy? It's like you mention Palin and 1300 nerds simultaneously orgasm.

Is this something that's unique to WoW?

bowen on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I kinda hope Anub'arak is the secret, even though he's already in the game. Kind of sucks to kill someone like that in the equivalent of Slave Pens.

815165 on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    So im stockpiling rested to push from 65 to 70 when 3.0 drops?

Anyone in the same boat with me?

Rest experience is only 1.5 of a level. If you already have half a level of rest experience you may as well use it up.

Seg on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why is it everyone on my server is Palin/McCain crazy? It's like you mention Palin and 1300 nerds simultaneously orgasm.

Nah, while driving our grand daughter to soccer practice wednesday we spotted a sign on a light post. A black sign with white letters. "My Momma Don't Like Obama"

Seg on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Seg wrote: »

Nah, while driving our grand daughter to soccer practice wednesday we spotted a sign on a light post. A black sign with white letters. "My Momma Don't Like Obama"

So WoW is like this because a vast majority of the retarded public plays it? I had someone tell me I was a communist because I didn't want to talk about politics.

bowen on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Deathwing's SW Trade channel is prObama.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    That is supremely frustrating.

I meet Sheisty of <Shattered Oath> in a random pug AB, and he always has friends around him, and all I have are shitty Alliance dipshitmotherfuckerbagholes. 0 for 3. :\

EDIT: Tell him I was Ozark, that hunter who kept trying to focus him and got shut down every time.

Sheisty is one of our douchebag honorary members that I would like to gkick, I wish you had killed him. :(

Except in practice it just made us have to drag those people through ten man content and (oh god) pre-nerf heroics for TK attunement. There was plenty of movement in the subsequent 25s but if they failed there it's less noticeable than a 10 or 5 man.

riz on
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    That is supremely frustrating.

I meet Sheisty of <Shattered Oath> in a random pug AB, and he always has friends around him, and all I have are shitty Alliance dipshitmotherfuckerbagholes. 0 for 3. :\

EDIT: Tell him I was Ozark, that hunter who kept trying to focus him and got shut down every time.

Sheisty is one of our douchebag honorary members that I would like to gkick, I wish you had killed him. :(

Except in practice it just made us have to drag those people through ten man content and (oh god) pre-nerf heroics for TK attunement. There was plenty of movement in the subsequent 25s but if they failed there it's less noticeable than a 10 or 5 man.

Just make them do anubrakan!

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Heh. After doing C'thun at 70 I'm confused how red laser ever killed anyone except maybe the people it started directly on top of. Even when we made a few attempts on him at 60 it seemed more difficult, but maybe it was because everyone was talking it up.

riz on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Red laser gives a clear visual indication before it starts, it was one of the most horrifying things to have it start directly on top of you and have to move out of the way immediately, but it really wasn't hard to avoid at all.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It is my fervent hope that I will soon find out about this red laser. My alliance guild is probably going to try AQ40 on patch day, because they don't want to schedule for the effort of Sunwell on a patch day.

I'm thinking with their awesome gear, and the new talents, and a good 30-35 people, we can power through it all.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So is anyone going to try arcane mage in 3.0? I'm not really sure how it'll work.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Pretty much everything except Twin Emps can be zerged down. Emps will still endlessly heal each other if you let them get close so you have to tank them against the walls like at 60 but the damage and the bug adds are no issue.

riz on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Pretty much everything except Twin Emps can be zerged down. Emps will still endlessly heal each other if you let them get close so you have to tank them against the walls like at 60 but the damage and the bug adds are no issue.

I know very little about this, but it seems like it would just take two competent tanks(we have this). Threat shouldn't be an issue, so it seems like wherever the tanks go, the bosses go, and the tanks just have to handle the switch-off correctly(at least I think there's a switch-off).

Septus on
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Septus wrote: »

I know very little about this, but it seems like it would just take two competent tanks(we have this). Threat shouldn't be an issue, so it seems like wherever the tanks go, the bosses go, and the tanks just have to handle the switch-off correctly(at least I think there's a switch-off).

They switch places with super twin powers.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Form...of...a doodlebug!

Septus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Form of... Janya's tampon!

bowen on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It killed people becuase it was the first time they had to move and pay attention on a boss fight. BWL, MC was a lot of standing still and healing.

Kara, Gruul's etc. all do that now so by now people are used to it.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Eh, there was some mildly tough movement all throughout ZG and parts of RAQ.

Septus on
  • Options
    W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just got done 8-manning the first couple bosses in Molten Core, felt nice to be back there.

I have a guildy who insists that all the 40-man content was rebalanced at TBC launched to be tuned for a 25-man raid.

I am certain that this is not true, but he told me to "check the patch notes".

This didn't happen, right?

W2 on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    W2 wrote: »
    I just got done 8-manning the first couple bosses in Molten Core, felt nice to be back there.

I lol'd.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    W2 wrote: »

D:

I have a guildy who insists that all the 40-man content was rebalanced at TBC launched to be tuned for a 25-man raid.

I am certain that this is not true, but he told me to "check the patch notes".

This didn't happen, right?

Never happened.

riz on
This discussion has been closed.