Options

[Korean On] Starcraft! Intel Avertec Classic Season 2 now on Gomtv.net!

• Options
    PuertoRicanPuertoRican Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dangerisk wrote: »
    Looks like our friend PuertoRican got some of the ol' lockdown :P.

So will the winner of the next season of GOM
    play Bisu or Jaedong?

Then again SC2 might be out by then and we might not give a shit. I don't remember how long GOM is between seasons.

What's the ol lockdown.

PuertoRican on
  • Options
    DangeriskDangerisk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

play Bisu or Jaedong?

Then again SC2 might be out by then and we might not give a shit. I don't remember how long GOM is between seasons.

What's the ol lockdown.

Mods locked your thread didn't they?

SC2GG hosting a league in a very similiar format to TSL. They currenlty have no prizes though so I don't expect to see a lot of top foreigners participating except for fun.
    http://sc2gg.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6958

Dangerisk on
    If what you say is true, the Shaolin and the Wu-Tang could be DANGERISK.
  • Options
    edited March 2009

play Bisu or Jaedong?

What's the ol lockdown.

Mods locked your thread didn't they?

SC2GG hosting a league in a very similiar format to TSL. They currenlty have no prizes though so I don't expect to see a lot of top foreigners participating except for fun.
    http://sc2gg.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6958

Seems like it's locked, but I don't expect anything less from this type of site, since it's more of an all around casual gaming site instead of a serious/more competitive site when compared to the ones I visit. This site see's certain things as advertisement, others see it as something valuable that they're glad was posted, especially when the item/content is currently the only one of its kind.

PuertoRican on
  • Options
    CapuanoCapuano Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Get on you losers.

Capuano on
    1372374-1.png
    Starcraft 2: jawaka.947
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    artosisidrasc2banner1.jpg

A StarCraft 2 discussion led by Artosis and IdrA. New units, theory on high-level competitive play, differences in the races from StarCraft 1, and MBS Pros/Cons are amongst what is discussed.

Artosis will be looking for any responses in this thread from people who are interested in discussing a certain topic in the next episode, similar to the Blizzard.com response thread for each new sc2 batch that is released.

About Artosis:
    Artosis is a 6 time WCG USA finalist and 2 time grand finalist who has since turned his direction toward commentating, where he does so every week in South Korea.

About IdrA:
    IdrA is the only foreign professional StarCraft player in South Korea. He practices many hours each day alongside the world’s best gamers in the CJ Entus pro team.

You can view the video by clicking here.

If you have any trouble with the original link, you can watch the discussion through Youtube in a 3 part series: Part 1 of 3, Part 2 of 3, Part 3 of 3.

PuertoRican on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, 5th game of the special match was so newbish.
    "IT'S CALLED HOLD POSITION BRO!" haha.

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Iccup season just ended. Looks like Savior took #1 spot (he plays on LeeYH)!
    http://www.iccup.com/all/content/news/bye_season_7%2C_hello_season_8!.html

Dangerisk on
  • Options
    Bruce ForsythBruce Forsyth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Remember a couple seasons ago when that zerg got Olympic rank and people were all "OMGWTF!"? And this season 9 people got Olympic rank.

What's the deal with pros playing on iccup? Why not play with teammates? Or is this just how they blow off steam?

Bruce Forsyth on
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Exin wrote: »
    Remember a couple seasons ago when that zerg got Olympic rank and people were all "OMGWTF!"? And this season 9 people got Olympic rank.

What's the deal with pros playing on iccup? Why not play with teammates? Or is this just how they blow off steam?

if you played sc for 12 hours a day wouldn't you want to flex your epeen every now and then.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Well, for one thing some teams don't always have the best practice partners so they have to find games on ICCup (Ace for example). Some teams also have strong Zerg and Protoss players but lack Terran players so they have to find Terran players elsewhere.

A lot of practicing goes on in between teams and you see a lot of "I'd like to thank player _______ on team _______ for practicing with me and giving me this build." The drawback here is I guess you have to trust who you are practicing with so they do not reveal what builds you are using.

But then again I'd think that in a team like CJ they'd have enough practice partners having both a B team and being able to practice with other teams so I have no idea why they're on ICCup.

It does make ICCup pretty interesting though.

While Koreans are ways ahead in eSports compared to the foreign community, they never develop their own Starcraft tools. BWchart, ChaosLauncher (more importantly LanLatency), SCM draft and ICCup are all foreigner initiatives. Kinda weird actually.

musanman wrote: »

if you played sc for 12 hours a day wouldn't you want to flex your epeen every now and then.

According to Rekrul they flex their real peen a lot of hte time too ohohohoho.

Dangerisk on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

listen watch that movie with Idra and tell me that dude touches a lot of boobies and I will punch you in the mouth

I understand these are weird, different cultures, but that guy being a dork transcends space-time.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Osiris5217daOsiris5217da Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    AGH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY PERFECT RECORD OF 3-0 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    dawson-crying.jpg

Osiris5217da on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

listen watch that movie with Idra and tell me that dude touches a lot of boobies and I will punch you in the mouth

I understand these are weird, different cultures, but that guy being a dork transcends space-time.

He wasn't talking about Idra.

And he was talking about whore houses.

And it's pretty much been confirmed haha.

Dangerisk on
  • Options
    Bruce ForsythBruce Forsyth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Because of broken quote tags, did you think I said something that was, in fact, said by yourself?

Bruce Forsyth on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Fuck zvt, just fuck it; it's worse than pvt. Every thing is just so AGHDFGHSDFGHH about it.

Osiris5217da on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Fuck zvt, just fuck it; it's worse than pvt. Every thing is just so AGHDFGHSDFGHH about it.

I will take zvt against zvp every day. when they pick eztoss I just go toss against them and usually win.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Man early-mid game ZvT is all about keeping proper unit make up of your army. It's so easy just to 4sz5sz6sz and end up making a shitton of lings where as you really need to be keeping up lurker production.

Spend the hell out of your gas and don't forget scourges. You need a shitton of lurkers. If he's going light on tanks mix hydras in.

From there, it's just proper surrounds while teching defilers.

Dangerisk on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Man early-mid game ZvT is all about keeping proper unit make up of your army. It's so easy just to 4sz5sz6sz and end up making a shitton of lings where as you really need to be keeping up lurker production.

Spend the hell out of your gas and don't forget scourges. You need a shitton of lurkers. If he's going light on tanks mix hydras in.

What if he walls up? He could be doing a whole bunch of different things and from there on it seems like a game of spin the wheel; he could be going wraiths, mech, or just screwing with you and go regular mnm. RISK WHAT DO I DO

Osiris5217da on
  • Options
    GogoKodoGogoKodo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

What if he walls up? He could be doing a whole bunch of different things and from there on it seems like a game of spin the wheel; he could be going wraiths, mech, or just screwing with you and go regular mnm. RISK WHAT DO I DO

Expand everywhere.
    I have no idea what I'm talking about.

GogoKodo on
  • Options
    CapuanoCapuano Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Panic.

Capuano on
    1372374-1.png
    Starcraft 2: jawaka.947
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hydra rush.

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

You skirt your overlord around the edges of his base. On certain maps you can check to see if he's taken his gas or even see his tech. If his wall in is not tight then do a suicide ling run by to see what's going on. If it's a tight wall in just periodically send your lings up his ramp and count his marines. If you see a decent amount of marines then he's got 2 barracks.

If you see an ok amount it's an FE cause he needs them to push out and secure a safe expansion. If he's got like 1-2 then it's tech for sure cause he can't expand with so little. Those are only general guidelines though. If he's going FE he might be building his CC near his wall in so he can float it over fast, so look out for that too. Keep your lings outside his base no matter what.

Generally a safe build vs any gas build from Terran is hydras and one sunken. It's pretty key to block your ramp.

Dangerisk on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The real answer is probably... learn Korean mutalisk micro and make a bunch of mutalisks.

GogoKodo on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

do a-teamers really go to whore houses?

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    That, or gamble away all their fucking cash like an idiot. Helloooo JulyZerg.

Boxer is broke by the way.
    - When a top player falls to the ground, it is fact that a player to get back to their #1 spot is extremely difficult.
    Boxer: For players who reach their peak and fall back down it is very difficult to get back to their original state. You can't concentrate, and when practice isn't working out you seek for other pleasures. Women and alcohol mainly. Players who were at the top know the way back, but it is still very difficult. Players like us know how harsh reality is, and that is probably why it is the biggest factor.
    After leaving the army, I decided on 1 thing. I don't want to screw around anymore and I think I can give up everything for gaming. Like the first time I came onto the e-sports scene, I want to sacrifice everything to get back to my original state.

Savior: I agree with everything, especially how you have to sacrifice everything. When I was at my prime, I met people and just played. When I wanted to get back inshape, disconnecting myself with life's pleasures was so hard. Not long ago I felt it, getting back in shape is a long, long way.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=86325

This is pretty much the only honest Starcraft progaming interview you'll ever read. None of that "Yes thank you! I am very happy. My opponent was very good and I was lucky. I will train harder to show better games next time!"

Dangerisk on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    you're telling me that bisu goes to whore houses? can't they just get laid for free, with all the fangirls they have.
    or gamble away all their fucking cash like an idiot. Helloooo JulyZerg.
    More info!

// what the fuck, boxer is over 30 years old?

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Fuga wrote: »
    you're telling me that bisu goes to whore houses? can't they just get laid for free, with all the fangirls they have.
    More info!

// what the fuck, boxer is over 30 years old?

I'm not saying all progamers do it. Some do for certain. And you can't just bang fangirls, it doesn't work like that. I mean look at actual sports stars, fucking Ronaldo got caught with a bunch of transvestite hookers (right after dropping his girlfriend off hahahaha). And I don't have any more info on July, just stuff I've picked up from comments on TL here and there, mostly from Rekrul. His original thread about progamer and whore houses was removed like the day after he posted it by his request, but I'm sure you can find it somewhere (it was actually translated into Chinese and posted around).

Rekrul may be an asshole but it seems that he's no liar. I'm sure he's used a bit of creative license in his retelling of course.

You pick up the same sort of impression based on what Idra and Lil' Susie have said about the SC pro scene (though not about whores and gamblin and booze specifically, but rather professionalism of progamers in general). Not everything is as it seems.
    http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=87666

Dangerisk on
  • Options
    i8pastei8paste Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    More info!

Rek once made an offhand remark about how july plays (and loses) poker a lot. Saying he 'gambled away all his cash' is pretty harsh for third hand rumors!

i8paste on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

You skirt your overlord around the edges of his base. On certain maps you can check to see if he's taken his gas or even see his tech. If his wall in is not tight then do a suicide ling run by to see what's going on. If it's a tight wall in just periodically send your lings up his ramp and count his marines. If you see a decent amount of marines then he's got 2 barracks.

If you see an ok amount it's an FE cause he needs them to push out and secure a safe expansion. If he's got like 1-2 then it's tech for sure cause he can't expand with so little. Those are only general guidelines though. If he's going FE he might be building his CC near his wall in so he can float it over fast, so look out for that too. Keep your lings outside his base no matter what.

Generally a safe build vs any gas build from Terran is hydras and one sunken. It's pretty key to block your ramp.

What if it's a tight block, he has 4 marines at the block and 3 to kill the scouting ovie?

Osiris5217da on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Anyone know much about installing Starcraft onto OS X?

I posted a blog about it on TL, but here it is again if you don't want to visit them.
    I've been trying to install Starcraft onto Leopard OS X 10.5.4 for the past little while without any results.

First off, I'm trying to install by the Blizzard store downloadable Starcraft. I chose the Mac version, and it gives me an Installer.app. Attempting to run Installer.app does nothing, no error messages, no screen, just nothing.

After that didn't work I checked out Blizzards support site and found that they released a native OS X installer. Found here OS X Native Installer.
    That gives me another installer, "Starcraft Installer for OS X.app". It also does nothing when trying to run it, no error messages or anything.

When looking at the 'Get Info' for any of these '.app' files it seems they are listed as PowerPc applications. I think this is the root of my problem. Classic, an emulator for older Mac versions is no longer installed with Leopard. So now I'm not sure how I can run these installers without Classic support.

I don't have the CD's available to me so I can't try those. I was really hoping the Blizzard store download would work for me.

Hopefully someone can give me some instructions or point out some obvious mistake I'm missing. Thanks.

GogoKodo on
  • Options
    DragDrag Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    In the rare case that you can't see anything at all or even get your ol into his base and get it out before he kills it, don't be afraid to just fly it headlong into his base in a noble sacrifice to see what he's doing. Unless he's doing some kind of Leta-esque fake bunker rush wraith harass backdoor siege tank thing, though, you'll usually be able to either see if he's going m&m or a tech build (without necessarily sacrificing the ol) and put up the proper counter to it in time. If you fly into his base and don't see as many buildings/units as you suspect he should have, then there's a good chance that he could be proxying and that it's a good time put up a sunk or two and a building block.

If he by chance does some weird thing like 1/2 rax m&m + siege tank for a super early push, then I don't really know. Depending when he pushes out, you can probably either delay with sunks until you get fast lurks/mutas out, or you could just make a bunch of lings/hydras and flank him before he gets properly dug in.

Drag on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    i8paste wrote: »
    More info!

Rek once made an offhand remark about how july plays (and loses) poker a lot. Saying he 'gambled away all his cash' is pretty harsh for third hand rumors!

True. July actually blew it all on creme puffs.

Dangerisk on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You guys should get on.

Osiris5217da on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    s_86 wrote: »
    Someone on the teamliquid forums mentioned this new ZvT tactic.
    It is really hard to pull off... cause you have to know build orders I guess, and scan timings... but it is brilliant. (it would probably work well at the B+ level, but not lower...)
    Basically, you attack your spire when it is being built with zerglings... so that when it is like 80% done, it only has 25%HP, so that when your opponent scans and clicks your spire, he will think that it is only 25% done and will delay his turret building.
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=88905

Yeah but it's not hard to see that it's in its middle-final stage. They're gonna know something is up when it's a huge blob and it only has 200 hp.

Osiris5217da on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    YOU GUYS I CAN PLAY BUT NOT ON ICCUP GET ON USWEST OH GOD

Lemming on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    s_86 wrote: »
    Someone on the teamliquid forums mentioned this new ZvT tactic.
    It is really hard to pull off... cause you have to know build orders I guess, and scan timings... but it is brilliant. (it would probably work well at the B+ level, but not lower...)
    Basically, you attack your spire when it is being built with zerglings... so that when it is like 80% done, it only has 25%HP, so that when your opponent scans and clicks your spire, he will think that it is only 25% done and will delay his turret building.
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=88905

Yeah but it's not hard to see that it's in its middle-final stage. They're gonna know something is up when it's a huge blob and it only has 200 hp.

The guy addressed that problem in the thread actually, the blobs look the same. He included some pictures.

Interview with Tasteless and SuperDan right after the GomTV special match:
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=88888&currentpage=3
    - How did you end up commenting in Korea
    Nick I was a gamer in America, and I dropped out in the 2005 WCG. During the competition I found out the commentators were not very well informed with SC, so I told them I wanted to help, and that was the start of my commentating career. Since then I've worked a little with TV Network, and luckily got in touch with Gom TV. This was when I was close to graduating college, and I thought this was a one in a life time chance and went to Korea. Originally I was a philosophy major and thought I would become a college professor, but looks like I've found a new dream.

Dangerisk on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    DANGERISK PLAY WITH ME GOD DAMMIT

Lemming on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I can't. SC isn't installed and even if it was it'd be the iCCup only versoin ^_________^

Dangerisk on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    god dammit

dangerisk don't do this to meeee

Lemming on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Why the balls can you only play on Bnet and not ICCup though?

Dangerisk on