Options

The new action figures thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Finally got tired of waiting on TFSource's customs issues to get sorted, so I canceled and went w/BBTS for the MBC Bruticus kit. Ordered Tuesday, had it in hand by Thursday.

Everything that everyone has said so far about things like byzantine instructions (although after going through the hoops, I don't know how I would have done them, either) and fiddly leg pieces is true, but I don't care. And I don't care about having to disassemble the arms to get them into arm mode. This thing's just so amazing.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Payment notification for Figma Guyver

Awwww yeah

Also snagged some stuff from the HLJ holiday sale: RD Belial (from Full Metal Panic), RD Glasgow (from Code Geass, cool grunt unit), some little robot thing called Fatty for $2 because why not, and Play Arts Kai Bogey (from Vanquish, Communist in power armor, couldn't resist)

I also grabbed something from the HLJ holiday sale.

Pictures will be shown when it arrives.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    So I unexpectedly got a MG Z'Gok as a gift, now I know what I'm working on the next few weekends. Sadly it doesn't seem like it can take the LED to light up the eye, but it's one of the ones I wanted and I'm going to enjoy putting it together.

Time to start banging the "I want to get a display cabinet" drum again.

• Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Been eyeing Hot Toys' General Zod for months, and finally had an opportunity to grab him this weekend. My figure purchases have gone down to almost nothing, but this guy just impressed me so much I had to get him.

zod_zps3f597ec7.jpg

• Options
    That does look pretty nice. But I don't know about paying hundreds of dollars for something that doesn't transform...

On a completely unrelated note!
    Schide wrote: »
    Payment notification for Figma Guyver

Awwww yeah

Also snagged some stuff from the HLJ holiday sale: RD Belial (from Full Metal Panic), RD Glasgow (from Code Geass, cool grunt unit), some little robot thing called Fatty for $2 because why not, and Play Arts Kai Bogey (from Vanquish, Communist in power armor, couldn't resist)

I also grabbed something from the HLJ holiday sale.

Pictures will be shown when it arrives.

And just like in the Christmas Transformers thread, here they are:
    MP Bumblebee box for size comparison.

Ahwyvnw.jpg

L5adjpf.jpg

With weapons

Vv5VBoB.jpg

Pretty good articulation for something this size.

VuzEUdS.jpg

Among other stuff I got a bunch of GoT figures for Christmas. And of course, the first figure I open, Jon Snow, I break off his arm at the elbow when trying to get the joint to work. Oh well, now he's wearing a tape cast. Also his other wrist is loose and his leg keeps falling off. Not the best quality but I hear wave 2 was better. Still very nice looking figures.

• Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I have a problem paying more than $40 for a Transformer, so I'm on the opposite side of the argument. Usually there's something about either mode I don't like. The only exception I can think of, at least as far as official stuff, is the Evasion Mode Optimus. I don't have the funds to even consider getting into the third party stuff.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I really want to buy SOC Gaogaigar

Is it worth the $270ish...

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Probably. I'll let you know when mine gets here.

It's out but I haven't seen any reviews for it.

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Well, my holiday haul was a little truncated due to a lack of certain things existing yet, but I did still manage to get Fansproject's Menasor, MMC's Arcee, and MP Bumblebee out of the deal, along with MBC Onslaught (finally) and Continuum Hexatron for me from me.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    The Z'Gok went together pretty quickly...I'm guessing it's a much older kit than the Jesta was (took me one afternoon rather than the 3 or so the Jesta did)

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Oh hi, Mark Action Figures thread!

I paid my December pre-orders a few days ago and they're safely in the HLJ Private Warehouse.

Hopefully Figma Motoko comes out before the 30th/31st(?) of January because that's the when my 60 day hold ends and I'll need to pay for the shipping fee for everything. Although my current toy budget will probably be able handle the extra cost of shipping it separately, I would prefer to ship everything together to save money.

Also, after seeing photos and reviews of Combiner Wars Superion, I really want one. Too bad I can't afford anymore toys at the moment, but I think it would be a best to wait for a Takara release anyway, so I can save money on shipping fees.

Oh and my 3rd party Leader Jetfire upgrade kit (filler parts for the hollowness) came in the mail today, but since my Takara Jetifre is currently in the HLJ Private warehouse, I won't get to use it until February.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    That's probably the best Silverbolt I've seen, backpack-wise. Superion's upper thighs suffer from the usual skinniness, though. And the hands and feet...things, just ugh. Still a damn sight cheaper than the alternatives, though, and I'm sure someone will do something to fix at least some of the issues.

And what the hell is up with Amazon thinking that $18.99 is the new price point for generations deluxes?

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    I'm continually mad at myself when I think about how I missed the preorders for the new SHF Kuuga Mighty form. That'll probably be really hard to get a hold of once it releases, won't it?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    cr0w wrote: »
    Been eyeing Hot Toys' General Zod for months, and finally had an opportunity to grab him this weekend. My figure purchases have gone down to almost nothing, but this guy just impressed me so much I had to get him.

zod_zps3f597ec7.jpg

now I do want that figure but I really wanted Faora instead

• Options
    I think I might really like it if someone did a mod that allowed Combiner Wars deluxe Aerialbots to be used as replacement arms for Uranos.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Yo yo, @143999 I opened and messed around with Microblaze today, and it would much appreciated if you had any tips for getting him to stand better, or just any other little fixes. I still have to mess with him more but where I left off he wasn't standing up very well.

Also finally completed Feral Rex and boy do they look good together.

• Options
    I haven't done the sand-and-polish trick on the Swindle bits that fall off, but that might be worth looking into.

As far as standing him, it's kinda fiddly in the knee and waist area to get him in a regular standing position. Instead of going straight and then straight, both his knees and host waist are just barely bent to counterbalance one another. Iunno, kinda hard to describe. Just have to balance the center of gravity over the feet while keeping the torso upright. Hooray for uselessness!

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    @Schide @143999‌ I'm haveing the same problem. upper body is great but it's hard to get him to stand and I cant bend the knees at all :/
    Anyone want to spit a KFC shark two pack? I only want the Sencho Barbossa

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    After fiddling with him for a bit I did get him to stand better and could sort of pose him with bended knees. Still not exactly easy. Just make sure you follow the instructions on that secondary instruction sheet, that definitely helps. I already shoved him in the back of my shelf though since I had to put him back since I had no where else to put him though.

Feral Rex on the other hand...damn he's awesome, I don't want to put him away. :(

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Here is an MSIA update since the last time I posted. I've added a lot of figures to the shelves (mostly Char's Counterattack, Z, ZZ, more Zakus and a few more GMs but also got a GP01, GP01fb and GP02), and reorganized them by show and faction.
    zmaj9tzlt2qt.jpg
    3klh0p56063r.jpg
    n9587mbionk9.jpg
    p6ov2fuc22x0.jpg
    uxm6rq8xx1m2.jpg
    y7rzbu3qjr5s.jpg
    8kmsab3egbj4.jpg
    b4hnnoz0if8n.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Since we're talking about giant robots, I guess I'll post this here as well. The next 18" scale Jaeger, Eureka Striker, up for preorder from BBTS.

18" Eureka Striker

NEC12641.jpg

• Options
    Jeez, with that Perfect Effect Superion kit being like $35 and Combiner Wars figures hitting shelves now, I'm really tempted to sell off Uranos and try to come out ahead on the deal.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Quick opinions on some of the stuff I've opened up since Chistmas since I'm finally caught up except for MP Wheeljack which will hopefully be here tomorrow.

SOC GaoGaiGar: Supreme quality, die cast in all the right places, feels great, looks great, transforms super smooth for the most part, the only thing that could possibly hold it back is the price, otherwise I recommend it to anyone who is remotely interested.

MP Ultra Magnus: Great build quality , fun transformation, limited shoulder articulation is kind of annoying. The main issue I have with him is that he looks a bit plain in the robot mode front, Citizen Stack looks a bit better when you compare the side by side. I think to save some room I might display him in trailer mode with some other MP cars inside.

FP Cubrar: Better than Columpio, they got rid of the terrible ball joints on the hips. Transformation can be a bit tricky but it's not too bad. Otherwise super nice.

Unique Toys Ordin - Troll: I made a list of possible 3P from BBTS for Christmas and this what I got. He's actually pretty cool, so no complaints, it just means I have to get the rest of Ordin now. The only real issue is the black plastic they used in some areas like the connection from his arms to his torso. It's really soft and a lot of people have had it get chewed from transforming. So that's not good.

Completed Feral Rex: Ugggggghhhhhhhh, sooooooo goooooood. Seriously everyone buy this I don't care how much it is. Everything about it is great.

RID Warriors/Deluxes: I don't think I'm going to get into this line. I like the designs ok but the figures so far are just too simplified and they don't have very good articulation. Can't recommend.

DX9 Evasion Optimus upgrade: I like it, really changes up the look of this Optimus while still retaining most of the positives. Looks better with the Evolution 2 pack version I think.

Gen Brainstorm: I didn't really have any of the headmaster issues, but I guess I was careful enough because I knew it could be difficult. The mechanic kind of doesn't work but if you're careful it shouldn't break. Bit of a simple transformation but pretty solid overall.

Nemesis Prime transforming pen: I needed it for my black Optimus shelf. It's a little Nemesis Prime that transforms into a pen. Great articulation though.

• Options
    Quick opinions on some of the stuff I've opened up since Chistmas since I'm finally caught up except for MP Wheeljack which will hopefully be here tomorrow.

MP Ultra Magnus: Great build quality , fun transformation, limited shoulder articulation is kind of annoying. The main issue I have with him is that he looks a bit plain in the robot mode front, Citizen Stack looks a bit better when you compare the side by side. I think to save some room I might display him in trailer mode with some other MP cars inside.

Yeah. I usually don't care enough to actively want to mod things (Orion-Pax-to-Kup, Vehicon-to-Rodimus, and a couple of other things in progress notwithstanding), but Ultra Magnus' bot mode is really plain up front. I'm actually hoping for a Reprolabels fix this time.
    Completed Feral Rex: Ugggggghhhhhhhh, sooooooo goooooood. Seriously everyone buy this I don't care how much it is. Everything about it is great.

But I don't care about Predaking, and Warlord is like a bajillion percent cheaper! I got suckered into a "build quality uber alles" buy with Steel Core (right before I got the urge to go MP-only, no less); I won't be fooled again!
    Gen Brainstorm: I didn't really have any of the headmaster issues, but I guess I was careful enough because I knew it could be difficult. The mechanic kind of doesn't work but if you're careful it shouldn't break. Bit of a simple transformation but pretty solid overall.

It pisses me off to no end how rare this guy still is. I don't think he's going to hit retail at all around here.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So I preordered MP Exhaust at HLJ before the whole hooplah about it being a kid's toy with "Marlboro" advertising on it, etc, and it being removed from various sites

My order still shows up on my HLJ account though, so are they still going to fulfill those?

Unrelated, got my preorder in for SHF Machine Chaser and Ride Chaser at Amiami last night, hell yeah

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    143999 wrote: »
    Yeah. I usually don't care enough to actively want to mod things (Orion-Pax-to-Kup, Vehicon-to-Rodimus, and a couple of other things in progress notwithstanding), but Ultra Magnus' bot mode is really plain up front. I'm actually hoping for a Reprolabels fix this time.

Reprolabels would be nice, something for the legs at the very least. I was also looking at some of his detailing and though a good panel lining might do a world of good for him but I'm not brave enough to do that with that expensive of a figure.
    But I don't care about Predaking, and Warlord is like a bajillion percent cheaper! I got suckered into a "build quality uber alles" buy with Steel Core (right before I got the urge to go MP-only, no less); I won't be fooled again!

:/ Ah well, that's fine. At least if you didn't want Steel Core any more it would have been pretty easy to sell him. Feral Rex wouldn't be that tough to sell if you decided against, but it would be a bit of a pain.
    It pisses me off to no end how rare this guy still is. I don't think he's going to hit retail at all around here.

HTS might just be your best bet. It's where I got mine from. I miiiiiiight have a coupon you can use if you want, I just have to make sure I didn't throw it away.
    So I preordered MP Exhaust at HLJ before the whole hooplah about it being a kid's toy with "Marlboro" advertising on it, etc, and it being removed from various sites

My order still shows up on my HLJ account though, so are they still going to fulfill those?

Wondering the same thing myself. I preordered one not know if I wanted it or not, but if they keep the order I might as well just get it now.

Schide on
  • Options
    So for the Combiner Wars set, it looks like they are splitting Menasor and Superion over multiple waves?

And right now it's just those two correct?

I do like what they are doing with Powerglide though.

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    So for the Combiner Wars set, it looks like they are splitting Menasor and Superion over multiple waves?

Yeah, for whatever reason Drag Strip is in the first wave with the Aerialbots and then whoever will be in the next wave with the rest of the Stunticons and then Motormaster will be released in voyager wave 2. I think there will be a Devastator as well since someone found it in some TRU computer listings or something recently.

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »

Yeah, for whatever reason Drag Strip is in the first wave with the Aerialbots and then whoever will be in the next wave with the rest of the Stunticons and then Motormaster will be released in voyager wave 2. I think there will be a Devastator as well since someone found it in some TRU computer listings or something recently.

Huh, oh well.

I was hoping they'd revisit some of the other old combiners like the technobots, protectobots, monstercons and seacons. Pity.

• Options
    Well, that's all they've revealed so far. It doesn't mean that they won't make any of the other combiners, they just haven't mentioned it yet.

• Options
    Anybody have an opinion on Invisible? I'm tempted to get the transparent version, but Mirage isn't too high on my must-have list.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    143999 wrote: »

:/ Ah well, that's fine. At least if you didn't want Steel Core any more it would have been pretty easy to sell him. Feral Rex wouldn't be that tough to sell if you decided against, but it would be a bit of a pain.

It's like, as good as Feral Rex has sounded like, I really wish I cared about Predaking. My season 3 G1 combiner love went completely to the Technobots, though.

I don't feel bad about getting Steel Core - I just keep looking at my overcrowded shelves and thinking that smaller groups of MP-style figures that I really like with maybe a shelf or two for CHUG-sized Wreckers, Cybertronian forms, Lost Light crew members, and all the 3P combiners that I wouldn't get rid of anyway would look so much better than just having EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS just because. I'll probably wait until FP sends me the rest of whatever they're sending out for their super awesome Buy Steel Core Club and then eBay it. Or maybe I'll just change my mind again.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Well, that's all they've revealed so far. It doesn't mean that they won't make any of the other combiners, they just haven't mentioned it yet.

Oh true, and I guess since those two were the first of the 5 bot combiners back in Gen 1 it does make sense.

• Options
    I just want updated Seacons now. Whichever 3rd party makes them first will get my money.

Unless like 3 decide to show theirs at near the same time, then I'll go with the one that looks the best from the best company.

Also opened MP Wheeljack up today and he's pretty great. Unless you don't like some sort of design choice on his robot mode too much I wouldn't hesitate to get him.

Oh, and I completely forgot about MP bumblebee from before. He's fine. I wasn't overwhelmed with him, but that's mostly because I never liked him that much in the first place.

• Options
    I just want updated Seacons now. Whichever 3rd party makes them first will get my money.

Unless like 3 decide to show theirs at near the same time, then I'll go with the one that looks the best from the best company.

Also opened MP Wheeljack up today and he's pretty great. Unless you don't like some sort of design choice on his robot mode too much I wouldn't hesitate to get him.

Oh, and I completely forgot about MP bumblebee from before. He's fine. I wasn't overwhelmed with him, but that's mostly because I never liked him that much in the first place.

I need to order the BBTS exclusive set for the Seacons, considering I have no way of getting to my original ones.

• Options
    Is there enough Seacon love out there for someone to do it? I remember the reissue of Pirahnacon sitting on clearance forever in some stores.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    I dunno.

I mean, I know that reissue is still available and was heavily clearanced at several points but I don't know if it was that unpopular or if they just way overordered.

But they're going to run out of other combiners at some point, right?

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Apart from Anti-Venom, Hobgoblin Marvel Legends Series looks pretty good.

I'm particularly interested in Ultimate Spider-woman and Spider-girl.

I'll probably pass on it and the Odin Series though, because I REALLY want to save up for new PC parts.

Which is a shame because the figures look really cool. :(

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    I'm kinda done with Marvel Legends, unless I can get them for cheap. I just don't read as many comics as I used to and I already have most of the characters I care at all about. I might want Anti-Venom, although that one doesn't look nearly as good as the Select one. Maybe Spider-Man 2099 though, since the old one was always so expensive. Not that I care that much about him.

I wouldn't mind that Odin BAF though, he'd look good with my other Thor characters. We need more Asgardians. Doubt I'll want to collect the whole wave to get Odin though.

• Options
    Welp, glad I got out from under my Shadow Emissary Hexatron before news of the KO version showed up.

8aVThp6.png
This discussion has been closed.