Options

[Wow] Zombie [Chat] hungers for braaaaaains...

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    website down
    forums down

the mail is crashing everything

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    RE: Paladin T7 - Why would they make the 10man version the cool-looking one?! "Hey guys, if you work really hard and down the heroic version of these bosses, we'll reward you by making your armor look really shit!". Yay!

Also, I was wondering - Do you think Shatt will become something of a ghost town after a few months of WotLK? I'd always figured they left the AH and stuff in the old-world cities so that there would still be people there for new players to see, but once we all move on to whatever the new major city is in Northrend (Dalaran?), will there be any reason to go back to Shatt?

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    mastman wrote: »
    website down
    forums down

It's totally the mail system that we didn't change. Totally. Seriously guys. There's nothing else wrong with it. Nothing. At all. Like, for serious.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    They didn't have to crash the servers when pets started disappearing <_<

Duki on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This is obviously all a plot to prevent me from reaching 70 before the expansion.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aldarez wrote: »
    RE: Paladin T7 - Why would they make the 10man version the cool-looking one?! "Hey guys, if you work really hard and down the heroic version of these bosses, we'll reward you by making your armor look really shit!". Yay!

Also, I was wondering - Do you think Shatt will become something of a ghost town after a few months of WotLK? I'd always figured they left the AH and stuff in the old-world cities so that there would still be people there for new players to see, but once we all move on to whatever the new major city is in Northrend (Dalaran?), will there be any reason to go back to Shatt?

I don't know but i'm stoked on it.

And yes, I think Shatt will be empty.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I bet we'll learn something about the Mail System.

Like everything is so intertwined with the mail system that if it's bugged or dies, everything in the came breaks completely apart like a goddamn Jenga tower.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The only thing I could see Shat for is a sort of "transfer station" for getting to cities. If I need to head to an old-world city, I'll most likely use my BT neck, fly to shatt, and then port.

However, if Dalaran has portals to the major cities (I'm assuming it will), then Outland is pretty much going to be a ghost town.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'll log in and see that my main has somehow been converted to a level 12 human warlock.

All because of the mail system.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    I'll log in and see that my main has somehow been converted to a level 12 human warlock.

All because of the mail system.

The Mail System is code for "Chaos Magic." We'll log on and after Authenticating, we'll see "NO MORE BLOOD ELVES". (god I hope a comic nerd gets that)

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Arthas and his scourge armies stormed the Azerothian Postal Service, killed all its workers and stole all the mail. Then they used this information to infiltrate the banking system and delete all the purples and golds in the game. Unable to restore, sorry.

EDIT YAY THE SERVERS ARE COMINB ACK

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fiziks wrote: »
    The only thing I could see Shat for is a sort of "transfer station" for getting to cities. If I need to head to an old-world city, I'll most likely use my BT neck, fly to shatt, and then port.

However, if Dalaran has portals to the major cities (I'm assuming it will), then Outland is pretty much going to be a ghost town.

dalaran has portals to all the cities, including shatt. don't think shatt has one to dalaran, though.

had more slowdown/lag in dalaran then I ever did in shattrath, though.

dojango on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    "Good news! The mail system is now working again. Although we encountered some minor issues while fixing it and all characters on all servers have inadvertently been deleted permanently."

-SPI- on
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Things updated again. They're coming back up soonish.

Duki on
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hi, in order to thanks for your support thus far, Blizzard would provide the cheapest ingame mail system around. Delivery is from a few minutes to never. Visit blizzard.com so you can experience our forums not working too.

:P

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    Uh, Forar? Is that a typo in your sig, or are you going for irony?

"Goo Job America"?

It used to be "DON'T FUCK THIS UP, AMERICA", but then you guys managed not to screw the pooch at the polls (with the presidential choice, at least), and then I changed it.

I could swear there was a D in there, so either I made a typo a week ago that's just being noticed now, or managed to miss a letter somehow while adjusting it at another point that has elluded my recollection.

I plead the fifth.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I think the forum thing was a conscious decision.

"WHERE IS MY GAME BLIZZARD YOU STOLE MY MONEY I HATE YOU"
    "*Forums off*There, now we can work in peace."

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    dojango wrote: »

dalaran has portals to all the cities, including shatt. don't think shatt has one to dalaran, though.

..worse than Shatt? Do they have an entire usless NPC army in Dalaran, instead of the mere platoon Shatt has?

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    um, the presidential election isn't until december. we just chose a slate of electors who will consider our choice when they convene to decide who should be our next leader.

dojango on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    mastman wrote: »
    website down
    forums down

It's totally the mail system that we didn't change. Totally. Seriously guys. There's nothing else wrong with it. Nothing. At all. Like, for serious.

We also lost your characters.

WHAT?!

Nothing, nothing at all... *whistles*

Forar on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm pretty sure the forums thing was 5+ million angry people trying to get to the website/forums to see what the fuck was going on.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I don't like the sound of characters getting mail in-game to explain things further. I have the horrible suspicion it will say something along the lines of "Sorry! Lost all your mail forever! Hope you didn't want those several hundred gold worth of AH sales/items!"

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    um, the presidential election isn't until december. we just chose a slate of electors who will consider our choice when they convene to decide who should be our next leader.

You're joking, right? I don't follow politics very closely beyond The Daily Show and Colbert Report, but they've been pretty clear on the matter. President Elect Obama visiting the White House, a consession speach from Mccain, Pallin being released back into the wild (more literally than I expected)...

Forar on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

The thing about the election is that Obama rolled need, while McCain had thought it was to be a greed roll.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Arrath wrote: »

..worse than Shatt? Do they have an entire usless NPC army in Dalaran, instead of the mere platoon Shatt has?

DAMMIT MEN, MORE CONSECRATES AND BLIZZARDS! WE WANT THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS WHO WERE TOLD THIS GAME RUNS ON CRAPPY MACHINES WITH JUST AN ONBOARD VIDEO CARD TO SUFFER!

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have a RADEON 9550 Pro, thank you very much :P

Good god do I need some RAM though

Arrath on
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Forar wrote: »

You're joking, right? I don't follow politics very closely beyond The Daily Show and Colbert Report, but they've been pretty clear on the matter. President Elect Obama visiting the White House, a consession speach from Mccain, Pallin being released back into the wild (more literally than I expected)...

He's referring to the electoral college. Each elector generally goes with what the popular vote from the state they represent was, however they are not required by law to do so.

They may, however, be required so they don't have a mob show up at their door if they voted differently.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It's the "Yeah, they could go totally the opposite way, but only if they want to get lynched" principle.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Arrath wrote: »

DAMMIT MEN, MORE CONSECRATES AND BLIZZARDS! WE WANT THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS WHO WERE TOLD THIS GAME RUNS ON CRAPPY MACHINES WITH JUST AN ONBOARD VIDEO CARD TO SUFFER!
    They have an entire squad dedicated to laying frost traps on stairs.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    rvrv Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DVG wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »

He's referring to the electoral college. Each elector generally goes with what the popular vote from the state they represent was, however they are not required by law to do so.

They may, however, be required so they don't have a mob show up at their door if they voted differently.

There are laws in place to prevent people from doing that in some states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector

Also Dalaran is terrible as far as framerate is concerned. I went from 20fps in Shat to 5fps in Dalaran. Granted it was the phase of the beta when they let in premades and they all spawned in the same spot.

rv on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    god those armies plagued me forever

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

The thing about the election is that Obama rolled need, while McCain had thought it was to be a greed roll.

So Obama ninja'd the election?

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    mainly the lag in dalaran is from so many people crammed into a much smaller place. Also, shattrath is kind of dull and grey, while dalaran is shiny and has a lot of detail, it seems. there are tons of NPCs wandering around, not as much as shattrath, but the PCs are crammed into several smaller areas.

@Forar: as a canadian with your weird "most votes wins" system, you can be forgiven for not understanding the complex system of checks and balances we call "democracy". everyone who calls Obama the "president elect" before Congress certifies the Dec. 15th electoral college vote on Jan. 6th is mistaken.

dojango on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

If Palin hadn't wasted all her DKP on her wardrobe they would've had enough to bid on the election

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    mrflippy wrote: »

So Obama ninja'd the election?

To be fair, McCain would've just DE'd it.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Alright, they just pushed the time back from 6pm PST to 7pm PST. :(

mrflippy on
  • Options
    CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fuck Blizzard. The servers won't be up till 7 PST now, and I have to leave then, which means with my schedule I won't be able to run Karazahn or anything else for that matter, before the expansion hits.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    This better be the best goddamn mail I've ever had in my box.

Seriously, it better be like a howler that gives oral.

Dac on
  • Options
    Achilles Last StandAchilles Last Stand Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's ironic, I restarted my account yesterday but couldn't play due to reinstallation issues. I had today off, but forgot the tuesday suck in the lives of WoW players. So instead of playing WoW I have been PVPing in Warhammer all night.

..I have a feelin that I will wind up playing Warhammer on tuesdays since that's one of my usual days off.

Achilles Last Stand on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Heh, I *thought* you were the one with the "Don't <censored> this up" sig, Forar. That's why I thought you might be going for irony and I might be missing the joke :D

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
This discussion has been closed.