Options

Scribblenauts: summon chicken hats in-game. Also IRL when you pre-order.

• Options
    ClemfoldClemfold Registered User new member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, those rules are just the basic promises of what is covered. The first half of their tagline is 'Write Anything' so many people, if not most people, who play the game will be trying to stump the system as part of the fun. So so they said no proper nouns, but have included Einstein because they felt like it. So if you were to put in 'Gahndi' and he didn't appear that doesn't mean you've stumped the system and won, because no proper nouns. Although I'm really curious to see which historical and (public-domain) fictional people are in the game now.

This game cannot come soon enough.

Clemfold on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I can't wait to see what happens when you write "Schrodinger's Cat"

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I like the idea of just dropping everyday philiosophical ideas in there to see if they pop out, but I plan on summoning every god or demon I can think of from classical mythology and just having them duke it out.

All I know is, Baldr better be invulnerable to everything, but scared of mistletoe.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    They better get it right when I type in "Dude".
    Though they said no Alcohol, so I guess he won't be holding a White Russian.

AkimboEG on
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wouldn't "The Dude" be a proper noun? And thus, unlikely to make an appearance?

EDIT: I mean, sure, we can hope :P

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    When this comes out, all people will do is complain about what isn't in the game.

matthias00 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    matthias00 wrote: »
    When this comes out, all people will do is complain about what isn't in the game.

Once they've gone through all 220 levels AND re-created their favorite video game sequences, then yes that's what they'll do.

"What do you mean I can't have Segata Sanshiro appear in the game?! SCRIBBLENAUTS BLOWS!"

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I like the idea of just dropping everyday philiosophical ideas in there to see if they pop out, but I plan on summoning every god or demon I can think of from classical mythology and just having them duke it out.

All I know is, Baldr better be invulnerable to everything, but scared of mistletoe.

You just made me hope that I can make a puzzle with a bunch of shit bouncing around, and the only way to solve it is to write "maxwell's demon".

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've decided i will solve all puzzles using time travel.

Dr Who, all up ins.

Though i won't be able to use stuff like "Sonic screwdriver" .... wait, i could MAKE a sonic screwdriver, couldn't i?

*grins like a loon*

HerrCron on
    Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    All problems can be solved with liberal application of high-explosive.

I intend to prove this theory true.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Clemfold wrote: »
    Yeah, those rules are just the basic promises of what is covered. The first half of their tagline is 'Write Anything' so many people, if not most people, who play the game will be trying to stump the system as part of the fun. So so they said no proper nouns, but have included Einstein because they felt like it. So if you were to put in 'Gahndi' and he didn't appear that doesn't mean you've stumped the system and won, because no proper nouns. Although I'm really curious to see which historical and (public-domain) fictional people are in the game now.

however, if you write Gandhi, the game will be solved through peaceful resistance.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I want a Roflcopter to be in the game.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    however, if you write Gandhi, the game will be solved through peaceful resistance.

Oh God, thank you for spelling it right.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    When you write "crowbar" it gives you Mr. Freeman's haz-suit too.

:D

http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/14304256/scribblenauts/videos/scribblenauts_trl_writing_50509.html

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I want a Roflcopter to be in the game.
    It is.

AkimboEG on
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This game could be great for co-op. Imagine, say the first level. You solve it however you want, pass it to your friend. They have to solve it, but obviously the game stops them from repeating words you used. They solve it, pass it back to you. First person to not solve it within 30 seconds, or some other time limit, loses.

After a few minutes, you've used all the obvious ones, so you're spending the other guy's turn frantically thinking "I could put a shark... no... maybe a ninja could chop down the tree... could I use a wormhole to travel directly above the tree... can I write 'revelation' and realise that the star was actually in me all along!..."

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    4rch3nemy wrote: »

http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/14304256/scribblenauts/videos/scribblenauts_trl_writing_50509.html

We've talked about this, there's no reason to believe it gives you the suit too. The video cuts away, we don't see the crowbar being dragged into position etc. The player in that video just knew what he was doing and requested the whole getup. :)

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    ClemfoldClemfold Registered User new member
    edited June 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Clemfold wrote: »

It occurred to me after I posted that I spelt Gandhi wrong, I thought rather than editing and drawing attention to my mistake I would leave it to see how long it went unnoticed.

I spent almost my entire shift at work thinking of things to try on the thirsty man level that is in the game, my brain just won't accept it's not September/October yet :(

Clemfold on
  • Options
    Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I want a redneck katana... that is all.

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I wonder what happens if you make a redneck and a cow.....I don't think we would want to find out. :(

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    4rch3nemy wrote: »

We've talked about this, there's no reason to believe it gives you the suit too. The video cuts away, we don't see the crowbar being dragged into position etc. The player in that video just knew what he was doing and requested the whole getup. :)

The thing is, that no matter which order of events is true, it's still awesome.

I'm personally hoping he typed in "Freeman" and that's what happened, but I think that might be a bit too much.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So as was suggested to me earlier in the thread a couple days ago, I decided to search for The World Ends With You to play on my trip. I couldn`t find it where I was located because there was no EB Games and Walmart/Superstore/CD Plus don`t carry games of such greatness. So I got Professor Layton instead.

OMG amazingly fun game. Frustrating, fun, storyline is very curiously intriguing. I LOVE the art style. Then when I arrived where I was going, I was walking around and was like `OMG EB GAMES` So I went in and bought TWEWY.

OMG AMAZINGLY FUN GAME! Haha. It`s shit like this that could kick my recently aquired WoW habit once I get back home.

So long story short, thank you so much.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    TWEWY is a fantastic, if not difficult title.

It took me forever to get used to fighting on both screens at once.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Glad PA could help!

I swear we should do consulting for a modest fee. Save people a lot of money on shitty games.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yes the dual screen fighting is a little daunting right now. I have this strange feeling that once the game is over I will cry because it`s over.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Graviija wrote: »
    I saw this the other day. It sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.

I will solve every puzzle with a beaver. Every single one.

I would solve every puzzle with a Turing machine.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    SAW776SAW776 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I better be able to take a turtle and add radioactive ooze to produce an awesome childhood icon, damn it.

SAW776 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN: SAW776
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    mrflippy wrote: »

Personally, I intend to channel the spirit of Rube Goldberg on every level.

Legba on
  • Options
    TigTig Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This game could be great for co-op. Imagine, say the first level. You solve it however you want, pass it to your friend. They have to solve it, but obviously the game stops them from repeating words you used. They solve it, pass it back to you. First person to not solve it within 30 seconds, or some other time limit, loses.

After a few minutes, you've used all the obvious ones, so you're spending the other guy's turn frantically thinking "I could put a shark... no... maybe a ninja could chop down the tree... could I use a wormhole to travel directly above the tree... can I write 'revelation' and realise that the star was actually in me all along!..."

this idea is the greatest idea

i actually want the game more after reading that.
    how is that possible

Tig on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    remlap13 wrote: »
    Yes the dual screen fighting is a little daunting right now. I have this strange feeling that once the game is over I will cry because it`s over.

You'd think so, but the game has so much post-game content that it's unlikely that you will ever run out of things to do.

TWEWY was amazing.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tig wrote: »

this idea is the greatest idea

i actually want the game more after reading that.
    how is that possible

On my turn I wrote, "Tig" and then you appeared, bought the game, and got the star for me.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I wonder if you win if you just type "starite".

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    mrflippy wrote: »

You're gonna hate the halting problem level. :P

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    How did I not hear about this game until now? It looks fantastic. I'm so going to solve my problems with anvils and various other ACME items.

And that Co-op idea is excellent.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I am going to spend hours screwing around looking for weird combinations.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If "Abe Lincoln" is in, I'll be happy.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Shabooty wrote: »
    If "Abe Lincoln" is in, I'll be happy.

+ glue + gatling gun

b,w,lincoln,machine,gun,motivational,poster,steampunk-3e04df0b2f1d0c8714a78cb835b94f77_h.jpg

?

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Cat + Glue + Dog = CatDog! Yay! :D

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I wonder if they're into oldschool memes enough to give the right result from Toast + butter + glue + cat.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    Director:
    Jackson wrote:
    No, no no... tens of thousands... not over ten thousand. So I'll restate the rules here...

Concrete Objects Only
    No Proper Nouns
    No Copyrighted Words
    No Adjectives
    E-E10 rated words only - this means No Vulgar/Offensive/Lewd/Drug/Alcohol related words

Other than that... it works

'Feep' and 'Post 217' will be in the game. It's too epic not to. [the author of the "time traveling with a dinosaur to kill robot zombies" post at GAF]

And yes 220 levels is the final count.

I was just play testing now and I typed 'FTW' to see if it worked, and it gives you a fake Starite... I love my team. :lol

What is "feep" and "Post 217"?

I can't wait to try this and see if I can make the Cardboard Tube Samurai and add a sidekick beaver.

I also wonder what would happen with the following combo: "Dogs" "Cats" "Mass Hysteria"

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558