As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I got infected by antivirus 360 recently. I keep getting damn popups and it changes my firewall and VirusScan settings everytime I log on. I simply wanted to know if Malwarebytes is a trusty spyware remover? I'm not great with that kind of thing.

Dadouw on

• Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've used it before to remove spyware and had no ill affects afterward.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've used it to remove our recent infections of AntiVirus 2009. While I hate the idea that I need yet another anti-spyware/malware program to keep my system clean, it does seem to work well.

VoodooV on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    It's pretty good. I picked up some crap from who knows where recently and as part of the lavasoft forum recommended cure used Malwarebytes to clean up the majority.

Actually, if you've gotten some malware or a virus on your system posting a thread in the lavasoft hijackthis logs forum is a great place to sort out help.

Bogart on
  • Options
    CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Malware bytes has been my go to program for a while. I love it.

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg
  • Options
    blakfeldblakfeld Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Malware bytes is fucking fantastic

blakfeld on
  • Options
    yotesyotes Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just to echo what everybody's been saying, MBAM is cool and a painless way to get rid of Vundo/Virtumonde/AntiVirusXP/2008/2009/whatever.

yotes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]