As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I so want another Ultimate Destiny phalla.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Deep ThoughtDeep Thought Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The first ones free, the second....you gotta pay.

Deep Thought on
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think I'm almost ready with my Phantastic Voyage Phalla.

I wouldn't mind someone more experienced looking over it to see how the balance looks.

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm going to have to withdraw from doing Metrophallis. I've got way too much going on with school this semester to be a good host. I'd probably end up Fencingsaxing it.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I've got a Peace of WestPhallia mini that's more or less worked out. Ought to be ready to go in the first half of March sometime. It would be sooner but I'm out of town all next week. Errr... Did I do that right?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have a mini I'm nearly ready to put up. If I'm lucky it could go up later tonight.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Alright, I got it looked over by a few members of the MafiaScum.net community and they say it looks balanced. Now all I need to do is... put it away for 8 to 14 months.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    /heh. There is a shorter line in the D&D phalla list. Would only need to wait 6 months then :P

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I could pitch it to bogey...

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So, my mini won't be ready until sometime next week. I'll wait until a couple days after the next main starts.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I could pitch it to bogey...

Godspeed. Get the ball rolling again!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    So who's up, again? And why is it takin' a few days?

Was my phalla so great that they now have stage fright? I'd like to think so! Bein' incredible is always a plus to put on your resume.

and Deep Thought is right, we definitely will have another Ultimate Phalla of Ultimate Destiny.

Obbi on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Obbi wrote: »
    So who's up, again? And why is it takin' a few days?

Was my phalla so great that they now have stage fright? I'd like to think so! Bein' incredible is always a plus to put on your resume.

and Deep Thought is right, we definitely will have another Ultimate Phalla of Ultimate Destiny.

I'm surprised no one dared to go and try a "Making shit up every day" phalla with these circumstances.
    I'm not doing it.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think I might embed an "Ultimate Phalla" into the second iteration of ALPHALLA, maybe hybridize it with the "All-Star Battle". I used up a lot of good past roles the first time around, so I've gotta think of new things to do. Obbi's game gave me the idea of running a "Pokephalla Royale", for instance...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Can i get a link to the first ALPHALLLA? I'm interested in seeing what it is about.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=62919

As for the next Main, didn't RU say he was working on MMX to begin soon?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Allright guys, if no one else is ready, I'll get crackin on writing up some roles.

Please don't get too upset if my game is horribly unbalanced, but I've played quite a few of these things by now so hopefully it won't be too bad. I'll try and have sign ups ready for the end of the week, I'm writing unique roles for everyone.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Feh, unique roles for everyone.

I prefer CJ Iwakura's system of just creatin' different types of villagers. It's easier, and you don't run into the dreaded "Everybody send me your roles and we'll just see who doubles up" tactic. Though, I have seen it play really well, and I'm really excited about RU's phalla.
    Automotron wrote:
    Obbi's game gave me the idea of running a "Pokephalla Royale", for instance...

HEY, we should get together on that one, because that was my original intention for the game, back when Rend and I wanted to take off and make our own Royale.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I prefer CJ Iwakura's system of just creatin' different types of villagers. It's easier, and you don't run into the dreaded "Everybody send me your roles and we'll just see who doubles up" tactic.

You must mean Gehenna, because I tend to give everyone original roles more often than not. :P (I think that doubling up strategy was used in Rival Schools, or it was criticized since it gave people that option, something like that.)

I think that kind of tactic is a bit too meta(not to mention time consuming), myself.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I prefer CJ Iwakura's system of just creatin' different types of villagers. It's easier, and you don't run into the dreaded "Everybody send me your roles and we'll just see who doubles up" tactic.

You must mean Gehenna, because I tend to give everyone original roles more often than not. :P (I think that doubling up strategy was used in Rival Schools, or it was criticized since it gave people that option, something like that.)

I was thinkin' of Disgaea, but hey!

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I was thinkin' of Disgaea, but hey!

Well, all the specials were named roles... but that universe has so many characters that it's pretty much impossible to compile a list of them all.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Blarneybot wrote:
    Obbi's game gave me the idea of running a "Pokephalla Royale", for instance...

HEY, we should get together on that one, because that was my original intention for the game, back when Rend and I wanted to take off and make our own Royale.

Of course, of course. I already have some of the scenario stuff planned out in my head, but let's talk more system stuff, yeah. It'll be a while before the ALPHALLA series is going to be run. (Probably summer again - look forward to it!)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I don't know how you're going to regulate a game with all the alts that've been added since then, but best of luck with that. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I make sure to give everyone roles
    I just doubled up most of them in my main game
    and threw in some triples to avoid any tomfoolery

man my game was wierdly normal for a phalla

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I don't know how you're going to regulate a game with all the alts that've been added since then, but best of luck with that. :P

I don't see how this is an issue, really. Just trade some of the newer ones in, and ditch some of the now-semi-obsure ones.

Like Hoggish Greedly, tradin' in that non-GM alt for Professor Oak.

Obbi on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What's a more reasonably sized main these days, 60-ish players or 90-ish? Just starting to write mine, and those are my two options. Hrm...

Burnage on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    60ish, if you value your sanity. Plus you might actually have some difficulty getting 90 players.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I was throwing together an idea for a mini, and was just checking. According to the OP, we need permission from the person running the main game to run a mini. But what if there's no main game running?

It'd be a couple of weeks before I could run it anyhow, I figure it'd be real small. 8-10 players, totally non-standard, and would last for 4-6 days. I just need to brainstorm some more on the actual mechanics, and figure out how it all fits together and balances.

It'd be based on 'The Thing' in case anyone was wondering. (Please say this hasn't been done before.)

Kay2 on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    So I was throwing together an idea for a mini, and was just checking. According to the OP, we need permission from the person running the main game to run a mini. But what if there's no main game running?

Unless something changed since Rhinoceros, that info is outdated: the mini spots are first come first serve now. However it's still good to state your intent to run one in here, if only for politeness.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Gotcha. I'll work on the mechanics and get some material hammered out, then pop back in here when I'm ready to roll.

8-10 people isn't too small, is it?

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Gotcha. I'll work on the mechanics and get some material hammered out, then pop back in here when I'm ready to roll.

It's a bit small. 20-25 seems to be an average size when it comes to minis.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

8-10 is not too small.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    8-10 would be more considered a micro-phalla, no?

Anyways, Phallaman X Update: Game is set for 65 players, unique roles for everyone, reserves encouraged as I will be actively swapping out inactives for reserves. I'll post the sign ups tomorrow and start the game on Monday.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited February 2009

What's the difference?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    thorgot wrote: »

What's the difference?

well I guess it depends on how long the game is meant to last. micro phallas usually only last a couple of days, and I don't see a 8-10 player game lasting more than 4 days assuming you don't have a vig. If you do have a vig, it would be even shorter.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, when I think microphalla I usually think of the games that run in one day, but size is pretty irrelevent. See Roos game that was in the whining forum. It was pretty epic. Either way I don't think there's anything wrong with doing a smaller game, I've been thinking about doing a 10-15 player game with a pretty big mafia (roughly 1/3) and lots of death.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Is there some sort of like Phalla Starter kit? I'd like to try hosting a mini phalla sometime in the near future, but since I haven't done one before, I'm wondering what are the basic stuff I would need, should i try something unique or just go with the very basic mechanics?

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Is there some sort of like Phalla Starter kit? I'd like to try hosting a mini phalla sometime in the near future, but since I haven't done one before, I'm wondering what are the basic stuff I would need, should i try something unique or just go with the very basic mechanics?

Do what suit you best. I personally recommend sticking to basics for your very first phalla, but nothing stop you from adding a few curveballs in it.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

What's the difference?

well I guess it depends on how long the game is meant to last. micro phallas usually only last a couple of days, and I don't see a 8-10 player game lasting more than 4 days assuming you don't have a vig. If you do have a vig, it would be even shorter.

Micro only has meaning in the context of a phalla that has rounds significantly shorter than 24 hours.

The first two mini phallas had 9 people each. (Ardor doesn't count.) A 9 person game could easily run into day 5 as Vig's in a game that small are very powerful.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited February 2009

What's the difference?

Micro only has meaning in the context of a phalla that has rounds significantly shorter than 24 hours.

The first two mini phallas had 9 people each. (Ardor doesn't count.) A 9 person game could easily run into day 5 as Vig's in a game that small are very powerful.

All this means that I'll work on my mini, and when I have it ready, look for an opening to post mine - only 3 at a time, right?

Kay2 on
This discussion has been closed.