Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Alright, now that two mini are over and the main is starting to wind down I was thinking of hosting a mini tommorow in order to test out some concepts for my main.

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    All aboard for colonists of the Phallic Nebula

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm going to finalise some role PMs over the next couple of days, and plan on opening my mini-mini (12 players) once the FF8 miniPhalla is over.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, like Andrew Ryan said, PhallaMan X will be finishing in a few to a couple of days, so whoever is next in line needs to start getting ready...

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    .....That can not be me, I totally forgot that I was after RU and I'm currently in the process of obtaining massive debt resulting from buying a house and I have spent the last week painting and getting ready to move in. I'm not close to being ready. Can I be move down the list?

Maximus on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Maximus wrote: »
    .....That can not be me, I totally forgot that I was after RU and I'm currently in the process of obtaining massive debt resulting from buying a house and I have spent the last week painting and getting ready to move in. I'm not close to being ready. Can I be move down the list?

Do you want me to put you on hold? If so, you can reenter the list at 5th whenever you want.

Either way, I'll raise Egos back up, since he only wanted to wait one game.

If Frostmist is ready to go, he's up. If not, and if mrpaku wants to host his game without Unearthly Stew and is ready, mrpaku is next. If not, and if he's ready, Aegis is next.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Despite being number 7 on the list, I am seriously writing my game now because God damn that list is moving at a rate of knots.

Burnage on
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes please put me on hold. I wanted to run one or two mini's to test somethings before I start.

Maximus on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Eek, I'm still on this. Take me off for the time being.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    thorgot wrote: »

Do you want me to put you on hold? If so, you can reenter the list at 5th whenever you want.

Either way, I'll raise Egos back up, since he only wanted to wait one game.

If Frostmist is ready to go, he's up. If not, and if mrpaku wants to host his game without Unearthly Stew and is ready, mrpaku is next. If not, and if he's ready, Aegis is next.

iik! I'm still working on it! needs a hold for now, it seems - alot has been happening in RL lately so I haven't had the chance to concetrate on things. Should hopefully be pulled together in april at some point. *nods*

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wow, number seven on the list already! I really thought I wouldn't be running mine until, like, late 2010. :lol:

I've got the basics down, and it's inherently scalable in structure. Anyone want to help me work out the fine details/playtest/help run?

Edit: to reiterate, I am basing this on Six-String Samurai.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    Despite being number 7 on the list, I am seriously writing my game now because God damn that list is moving at a rate of knots.

Good, because the mini was awesome.

Can anyone predict approximately when the phalla would be held if I were to sign up now? I'm worried about being caught in the middle of moving to school abroad, etc.

jackisreal on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You can (very) roughly approximate it by counting a week and a half to two weeks per game (setup, downtime, etc.), although, recently, it's been tough to call because of all the games that have been getting put on the back burner. I would imagine, as we go down the list, that there will be more that don't run for some reason or another.

TL;DR: Anyone's guess.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes please put me on hold. I wanted to run one or two mini's to test somethings before I start.

Nooooooooooo!

That phalla combined my hate of you with my love of Dresden, it promised to be very interesting.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Geez, so many people dropping from the list... give me at least two more weeks, and I'll see if I can finalize a design. Otherwise we're just going to have a totally Phalla Royale-like game, and that's certainly not ideal.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Geez, so many people dropping from the list... give me at least two more weeks, and I'll see if I can finalize a design. Otherwise we're just going to have a totally Phalla Royale-like game, and that's certainly not ideal.

I would offer ideas but I'm using my ideas I don't want to give away how it is going to work.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Burnage is going next.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    any reason we're skipping 4 slots?

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    any reason we're skipping 4 slots?

People aren't ready. No one is being skipped involuntarily.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Anyone mind if I start the signups for the mini I had planned tonight? I'm pretty sure that the Final Fantasy 8 mini is on the last day, and I wasn't planning on starting my game until Thursday. That gives me two days for signups.

(Oh shit I meant to hit preview not post.)

Kay2 on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    24th slot already? I need to run the mechanics test for my time travel Phalla soon so I can iron out any major bugs. Looks like there's only two games/signups active now that FF8 is done, so if I get the go-ahead from RU I'll fire that up.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    Anyone mind if I start the signups for the mini I had planned tonight? I'm pretty sure that the Final Fantasy 8 mini is on the last day, and I wasn't planning on starting my game until Thursday. That gives me two days for signups.

I was going to post signups for my mini tonight (since WoW phalla ended) but I can wait a few days.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

(1.5-2 days for signups is a bit long for a 12-person mini >_>)

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

I was going to post signups for my mini tonight (since WoW phalla ended) but I can wait a few days.

There's a third Mini slot open. I was going to take it and RU gave me the go-ahead, but I want to make sure I get all the details right in the OP and I think I'll need some extra time. So, you have my blessing (and I assume RU's) to take my slot.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

(1.5-2 days for signups is a bit long for a 12-person mini >_>)

I figured it would take a while to fill up because of the 10pm GMT (5pm EST/2pm PST) vote close, and the roleplay flavor! I guess I was wrong. There's still a slot available, though. FF8 and the WoW minis both finished.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I am gonna wait a day for your game to start before I post mine.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Has anyone ever contempulated a Phalla IRC channel...or heck even a vent channel? I think it would be cool to try it out..

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    There's a Mafia IRC Bot, it's rather interesting.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You can very, very, very tentatively put me down as running a 'Chuck' phalla.

Yes, this Chuck.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited March 2009
    Sweeeeeeeeet! :o

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I can totally envision this.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Fulcrum, the CIA and NSA, the Intersect...

It pretty much writes itself.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

Well, I was thinking more, Buy More, hapless customers, Morgan, Fulcrum, ridiculously attractive-spies, etc.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    TehSloth wrote: »

Well, I was thinking more, Buy More, hapless customers, Morgan, Fulcrum, ridiculously attractive-spies, etc.

The dot dot dot implies that the list continues but I am too lazy to finish it. :P

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

The dot dot dot implies that the list continues but I am too lazy to finish it. :P

Makes me think of this...
    800px-Anonymous_flowchart.gif

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

...go on.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    warban wrote: »

"What's a gun doing in your trousers?"

"It's for protection."

"Protection from what? Zee Germans?"

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    warban wrote: »

"What's a gun doing in your trousers?"

"It's for protection."

"Protection from what? Zee Germans?"

Someone should do a Guy Ritchie Phalla.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    'Push' lends itself well to the Phalla idea.

Watchers or Sniffs for Seers, Movers as Bus Drivers, Bleeders as Vigilantes, Shadows or Stitchers as Guards, Wipers as ability nullers, Pushers as ability stealers...

Actually, maybe that'd be Way Too Many Specials. Unless you had a game where EVERYONE was one of the above, and some of -them- were the Mafia, as Division. Plenty of opportunity for neutrals/neutral groups too, or even a collection of different groups all attempting to 'win'.

Could be very messy. Or very fun.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll most likely be putting the sign ups for the next main game up on friday or saturday, aiming to start on sunday or (more likely) monday. I'm ready, I just have a busy couple of days ahead of me. D:

Burnage on
This discussion has been closed.