Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Exarch wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'm sure I can think of an appropriate menace for a Sabbat pack to be afraid of.

(Totally not a thinly veiled reasoning for me to do another V:TM game)

The Siege of New York would be a good setting for that. The Sabbat was on the defensive there, and you get crazy stuff to work with like Lambach, the Tzimice Ante in cthulu form etc. I'm thinking the one from the Clan Novel series, which was awesome.

I was going to work the Eye into the Gehenna game, but that would've been just a little too chaotic.

Good food for thought.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    LaOs wrote: »
    Hypothetically speaking, how does a Sabbat mini phalla with a Camarilla mafia sound?

Like nonsense.

As in, unlikely?

As in gibberish.

LaOs on
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    haha.. I like how the shorthand for my first game has become "the phallic phalla"

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    We could just call it the Penis Phalla.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Exarch wrote: »
    I'm sure I can think of an appropriate menace for a Sabbat pack to be afraid of.

(Totally not a thinly veiled reasoning for me to do another V:TM game)

The Siege of New York would be a good setting for that. The Sabbat was on the defensive there, and you get crazy stuff to work with like Lambach, the Tzimice Ante in cthulu form etc. I'm thinking the one from the Clan Novel series, which was awesome.

I was going to work the Eye into the Gehenna game, but that would've been just a little too chaotic.

Good food for thought.

I don't particularly care what the specifics are, I would be all for a Sabbat mini-phalla. Not only does it sound good, but it sounds like something I will eagerly anticipate.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So, has there been some sort of burn-out on Phalla lately? I noticed that the latest Main took a while to fill up and only reached 49 Players. I mean, this would definitely be a lot of players a year ago, but lately Mains have been running higher than that with no problem. Would an 80 Player Main be a trouble within the next few weeks?

LaOs on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, has there been some sort of burn-out on Phalla lately? I noticed that the latest Main took a while to fill up and only reached 49 Players. I mean, this would definitely be a lot of players a year ago, but lately Mains have been running higher than that with no problem. Would an 80 Player Main be a trouble within the next few weeks?

I think Burnage's most recent game is just a minor anomaly in terms of player count - the games prior to that all had at least 60 players to sign up. However, 80 is a rare count that has not been surpassed too many times... I would suggest a 60-player count to plan for, but to have preparations for 80 players in case of extremely high interest.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »

I think Burnage's most recent game is just a minor anomaly in terms of player count - the games prior to that all had at least 60 players to sign up. However, 80 is a rare count that has not been surpassed too many times... I would suggest a 60-player count to plan for, but to have preparations for 80 players in case of extremely high interest.

I agree. It probably just has to do with the timing. A lot of people have midterms and projects due around now, so it might have just been a bad week for a lot of regulars that thought they wouldn't have enough time to dedicate to the game.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I do hope, and also believe, that the current Main is an anomoly due to, among other things, the timing of the game (as mentioned with midterms and such). I can easily scale to 60 players, and that's what I originally thought of, but 80 popped in my mind and I thought I might shoot for that. It's a rather high number, I guess, even though our "standard" main is ever-increasing. I guess I'll see where things fall when it comes to the time for it--it's not hard to scale this as it is. Thanks.

LaOs on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    When I ran my 12-person mini, it was a lot of work, but that was probably due to the nature of the mechanics and the interaction between players. Even a more classic-style game with 60-80 players makes my head want to burst.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    FreeAgent wrote: »

I agree. It probably just has to do with the timing. A lot of people have midterms and projects due around now, so it might have just been a bad week for a lot of regulars that thought they wouldn't have enough time to dedicate to the game.

Yeah, I think this was the problem. I'd seriously advise people to plan in advance for +/- 20 players either side of the number they actually want. I had to quickly cut a few roles out of mine, and it's lead to some problems - but I'll talk more about that in the actual thread, when the game's over.

Burnage on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    For what it's worth, last week was midterms week for me and this upcoming week is our spring break. So spring breaks might be getting in the way this month.

Ardor on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The Megaman Phalla was crazy; I could see several players taking it a bit easy after that one (I know I have).

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So... I'm ready to go on my mini, but I'm sort of feeling that there might be a bit of phalla saturation right now. I was obviously going to wait until we're down to two active minis to start it up, but should I wait an extra couple of days on top of that? Give people the chance to recharge their batteries a bit?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I would suggest waiting until next week, perhaps.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I was thinking that, with Spring Break for much of the US being this week, I would wait until Sunday/Monday to have Signups (I'm assuming the current game ends this week, if not, then there's no problem at all :P). Minis could go in the meantime, I'm sure... There may still be folk around who'd like to play.

LaOs on
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is there a experienced host who wants to help me develop the idea for a mini I just had?
    It has some quite experimental mechanics and there is a good chance that it will end up as a total disaster, so be warned.

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll develop yours if you'll develop mine

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Given Wildcat and LaOs' input, I'm going to hold off on my mini until at least Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully by then there'll be a grassroots organization agitating for me to get it started, and things will proceed smoothly. I'm ready to go at the drop of a hat, should things pick up around here in the interim.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dusda wrote: »
    The Megaman Phalla was crazy; I could see several players taking it a bit easy after that one (I know I have).

It's the reason I'm starting to enjoy Phalla's more. That game was so awesome.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My mini is over.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wow, my turn is approaching sooner than expected. I guess I'll have to start figuring out how to balance the new wacky mechanics I have in mind.

Might be running a Dollhouse mini before that if I feel inspired.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    do dollhouse, that has crazy awesome role swapping potential.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Coming tomorrow morning: The Care Bears learn a lesson in Phalla.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Coming tomorrow morning: The Care Bears learn a lesson in Phalla.

!Sign the fuck up.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So, the current Main is finished. However, my Main isn't going to start until Monday (NIght 1 ending Tuesday), with sign-ups over the weekend. I'm heading out of town but will throw up the Sign-Ups on before I head out (I think).

[Edit]
    This is, of course, assuming the two people ahead of me are still holding to those dates.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2009
    oh man im at 29

gnome phalla imo

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Temptation Island Phalla Sign-Ups are now open! They'll stay open all weekend and I'll sort things out when I get back on Sunday night/Monday morning. I'm shooting for 80 but will accept 60. Hopefully there's interest... Thanks!

LaOs on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hmm. It looks like I may need another person to help patch up my scenario / narration needs for my upcoming game. (Getting another set of eyes on the mechanics is a welcome bonus.) Any interested parties, send me a PM.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, if we needed someone to bounce ideas back and forth on for a few weird mechanics coming up, who would be talk to?

I have many, many crazy ideas which could be awesome/suck completely, and I'd like some feedback.

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The Phallounge is a good place to ask.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Given that all that's running right now is LaOs's Main, does anyone mind if I post a signup thread for another go at my mini-mini with slightly tweaked mechanics? If it's too soon since I last ran it, that's cool, I'll wait a few more weeks.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I just got the craziest idea for a phalla. I really want to go through with it, but it would drive most everyone crazy.

I was thinking of

I Can Has Phallaburger? - The LOLCat Phalla

I'd just have to gather the images, lern to rite in LOLcat, and write up the role PMs in the same way.

It'd be fucking epic.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Go with it.

Don't mind the lower parts of your brains crying in pure horror, just go with it. The sheer potential for gloriousness is worth the brain damage.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I just got the craziest idea for a phalla. I really want to go through with it, but it would drive most everyone crazy.

I was thinking of

I Can Has Phallaburger? - The LOLCat Phalla

I'd just have to gather the images, lern to rite in LOLcat, and write up the role PMs in the same way.

It'd be fucking epic.

Oh sweet jesus

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I wouldn't mind seeing Ceiling Can vs Basement Cat

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Just for the record, Daius PM'd me requesting permission to run a Mini. So long as he absolutely gets to run his, I release the Minis during my game to Free Reign. Go wild, kiddies!

LaOs on
This discussion has been closed.