As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D&D 4e Recruiting Part II - The Re-Recruitening

• Options
    DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DM PbP

Recruitment thread here.

This is a campaign set the tribal lands of Kroburrow.

Please post your entry in the recruitment thread.

Heads up, I am favoring Primal and Martial classes for this campaign.

Dajian on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    Mythweavers appears to be back up, so if tastydonuts or anyone else would like to join an ongoing D&D 4E pbp game (this one right here - have a quick look through to see the party you'll be joining) they should roll up a character on mythweavers and pm me a background so I can slot you into the game asap.

Bogart on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DM Maptools

Recruitment up http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=85750

Homebrew setting, similar to point of light.

There are so many recruitment threads lately, I wonder if there are any players left for me. Hopefully being a maptools game will help me attract some players.

Vic on
  • Options
    QuantumQuarkQuantumQuark Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    QuantumQuark / I'm up to roll anything / Preferably MapTool / Saturdays later at night would be great, I'm working on Australian time

QuantumQuark on
  • Options
    XaiokXaiok Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Player:
    Xaiok/Leader or Defender preferably/PbP hopefully/Pretty much constantly during the week until the end of April, then at late at night (EST)

Xaiok on
  • Options
    Ain SophAin Soph Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Player:
    Ain Soph/Striker/any/any/usually not early morning

I can post via my PSP except for combat stuff.

Ain Soph on
    :whistle:
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Player:
    Figgy / Striker or Defender / PbP / Any time, really. (EST)

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    bladecruiserbladecruiser Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Player:
    bladecruiser / Striker or Defender / PbP / 8am-2pm weekdays (EST), weekends are iffy

bladecruiser on
  • Options
    likethesearchenginelikethesearchengine Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Player:
    likethesearchengine / Defender, Striker, Controller / Any / flexible but not early morning EST, not Wed. nights before 9PM

likethesearchengine on
    moulder_sage_magic.gif
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Player
    Tofystedeth/Anything but leader/PbP/M-F 8-5. Evenings and weekends are sparse/I've never played 4e but I have played a lot of 3/3.5. I have the 4e PHB but haven't finished it, as I haven't had a game to play.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Blankspace/Anything/PbP/Whenever for PbP

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    K, since most of the people on the list of names I had for reserves are gone or in multiple games already, I'm looking to make another... please read below:

LF RESERVE player for a striker or controller / any race / any class role with a slant towards non-divine/primal classes. This may become a 6th slot opening as well, I haven't decided for sure yet.

All materials accepted as I own everything but... Dungeon Delve I believe. I also don't have DDI access, so excepts are required for something from there. Just don't be a dick about it, I honestly don't care as long as it isn't disruptive to the overall table. Avoiding ass-pull is of high priority to me with the character. You don't have to send me a full concept. Like a sentence or something is cool, along with the race/class of your idea. Again, this is a RESERVE spot that may be adjusted to become a 6th party member.

Hmm, I've said "post a day required" before but I honestly think that's a bullshit idea at this point. Being able to keep up with the flow of the other players is the requirement. The dudes in already have been fairly active, so it'd be best if someone could keep pace with that. This includes just rping things outside of combat. Obviously RL takes priority because this is just a game— this includes weekends. ;p

...but yea, that's the baseline. So if you think you can do that, PM me, and if I need to swap someone else in, or I open the slot, maybe I can poke you later down the line. Thanks.

Also if you sent me a PM about the LEADER spot pm me again, because I had to purge my inbox and I have horrible memory of who I talked to. I guess posting the opening before it was actually open also contributed to that fail, lol... anyway, see above about the posting thing though.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm tempted Tasty, but as I said, I'm a nub when it comes to 4e, and I've not followed your campaign.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We're all nubs at some point dude... experience doesn't really factor heavily into my thinking since 4E is still pretty new, lol. The point of harping is activity to me at this point.

However, because your posting was written using magenta instead of violet I also have to disqualify you on the basis that you can't follow thread directions. ;p

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yougottawanna/like rogues but will roll anything/pbp/whenever for pbp

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We're all nubs at some point dude... experience doesn't really factor heavily into my thinking since 4E is still pretty new, lol. The point of harping is activity to me at this point.

However, because your posting was written using magenta instead of violet I also have to disqualify you on the basis that you can't follow thread directions. ;p

Oh shits!
    I was just going based on the color of the post above me. :(
    I'm also color blind, so I have difficulty seeing gradients of red in many colors.

It's totally not my fault!

So If I were to want in, what kind of character slots do you have open, and how much backthread should I read to be up to speed?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh shits!
    I was just going based on the color of the post above me. :(
    I'm also color blind, so I have difficulty seeing gradients of red in many colors.

It's totally not my fault!

So If I were to want in, what kind of character slots do you have open, and how much backthread should I read to be up to speed?
    what's strange is I thought about color blindness as I wrote that post. :o

I have a reserve/potential striker/controller slot open. however, now that I think about it and look over my encounter design trends... an additional defender would be an acceptable thing to have on the side too.

As far as catchup, I try to (and I use the word try here) keep most of upfront stuff that would make it followable in a cribby form in the OOC thread, second post. In addition to that, if I were to add in though, I would specifically write the new person in, and include in that post a general summary of what their character would know as far as pertinent things, and the current scenario. Or at least that the standard I try and set myself to currently. Worst case scenario a person's character would hot swap out. :U

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Dude, you do not want to hot-swap me. This revision has an error in the BIOS that causes it to immediately draw too much power and fry your save ports.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Brought from the main discourse thread for helpful goodness:

I've just had to drop a player from my weekly Maptools game and am looking for a replacement. He was playing a Paladin and I will suggest a defender to take his place (leader's may suffice). Play is from 5:30 PST Thursday evenings for 3-4 hours. We're on our third session tomorrow night and currently they are amid the opening dungeon crawl. Maptools and Ventrilo are a must, though a mic for vent COULD be optioinal, of course I'd prefer you have one.

Forgotten Realms campaign setting, current party make-up is:
    Invoker, Ranger, Warlord, Fighter (NPC; will not be following the party likely). I will be having 1-2 more players join later on, these spots are for some friends I set this up for who couldn't start straight away. If you want in the game, you need to be available during our playtime. Send me a PM with your char concept letting me know you can make it and I'll get you to the website where I'm hosting/moderating the forums for our game. I should identify the person tonight or tomorrow morning.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    SAW776SAW776 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DM

SAW776 / PbP / Recruitment thread

SAW776 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN: SAW776
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    LightRider/Defender but willing to play anything/pbp preferred/weekdays and nights/Never played by post before, really interested in trying it out

LightRider on
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    LF one more player for level 30 one-shot vs. Tiamat, next Saturday (the 11th) at 8AM EST. It'll be using Maptools. Two strikers and a leader in the party already, so you might want to balance it out, or play another striker to try to take her down in one round!

Rules: level 30 characters, nothing banned from WotC stuff. Thread here, please post a mythweavers character for my review.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    LF player for a striker or controller / any race / any class role with a slant towards non-divine/primal classes.

Damn you, higher education.

Unfortunately I'm not in my verbose mood but the gist of what I want is stated on a previous post, this one, post. Blabababla 2nd level starting character pm blabla. I'd imagine the reserve would be good to have as well at this point too. :U

edit: defender is cool too maybe, with a lean towards offensive capacity.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DM / PbP / Recruitment Thread

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    SAW776SAW776 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DM / PbP / The Guild

A fun little experiment with Skill Challenges. Extremely Combat-Light, totally experimental. Should be fun! :P

SAW776 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN: SAW776
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    DM looking for striker for Primal focused campaign see below:

Not sure who has been following my game here, but I am need of a new striker.

Send me a PM and I’ll give you the details. (If you have been following and are interested in playing an NPC that was recently introduced double bonus awesome for you).

Dajian on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Dajian runs a pretty good game and someone should definitely pick up that space.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm tempted.
    Hey Daj, want a terrible roller? I'd even be willing to play the NPC, cause I don't have time to make another char atm. Though I haven't been following your game at all.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Dajian runs a pretty good game and someone should definitely pick up that space.
    What's the npc. Curious... though I usually don't play in games that I have dudes playing in because it's weird to me. :U

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    What's the npc. Curious... though I usually don't play in games that I have dudes playing in because it's weird to me. :U

I introduced two large bear men recently Dunk and Dirk. Dirk is the younger brother (only 85 years old). I have the character sheet all made up. Dirk is a barbarian and I used the Bugbear template to stat him out. Dunk is a Warden, but I'll need to keep him in the village for story purposes. They were intoduced here and stepped in on the following encounter.

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Would it be an NPC with somebody playing it, or an NPC converted to a PC?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    illgottengainsillgottengains Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Looking for players check my thread [dnd 4e recruiting] troughbridge for details. Starting this weekend hopefully or perhaps next weekend. Maptools/vent

illgottengains on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    DM / PbP / Recruitment thread is here.

Also, the link to Heathen recruitment can be removed.

cytorak on
  • Options
    Prester JohnPrester John Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Looking for someone to replace a departing player in my game.

The basic setting information is in the first few pages of this post; as well, I'd be happy to answer any other questions.

A few options: You could take over my departing player's fighter, Nicola, as is. You could keep the Nicola character, but reroll (following the setting restrictions laid out here. Or, you could roll a new character (again, keeping with the above setting restrictions), and we could work him into the narrative somehow.

If you're interested, please either post in my OOC thread or shoot me a PM.

Prester John on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Seeing if anyone is interested in playing hybrid characters (as seen in the D&D Insider playtest article from April).

Thread Here. If there's enough interest I'll run a game.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    bratrbratr Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'd like to add myself to the list

Bratr/ Any (played mainly wizards in the past) / PbP / Whenever for PbP / --

bratr on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anybody still watch this post..?

Looking for an additional player to my Forgotten Realms campaign. Current game time is Monday nights 5:30 PST, play for 2-4 hours depending on game flow, attendance, etc. Current party make up is:

Elf Ranger
    Deva Invoker
    Human Warlord
    Dwarf Shaman
    Minotaur Warden

The warden is leaving, but I'm not going to force a class restriction on you and make you be a defender. However, defenders who apply are likely to receive preference, since the players will likely make the determination of who will take up that spot. You will be starting at either level 8 or 9, I will know more as my game progresses. Looking for the replacement IMMEDIATELY. Please PM with a character concept and sheet from Mythweavers or a link to a CB sheet.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Prester hasn't been around the forums for a while. RL consumed him, so the OP hasn't been updated, and therefore I don't think many people watch or utilize this recruitment thread anymore.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    BandorrBandorr Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm interested but i can't find your game to read about it. I'm guessing maptools since you schedule a day and hour.

Can you point me toward your thread? ill work on a concept and sheet. Does your thread cover legal sources etc? like dragon magazines and so fourth..

Bandorr on