As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't you see the signs man!

• Options
    iStevoiStevo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I saw lasagna soup in the deli down the road. It smelled delicious, and looked like a serving of lasagna vigoursly mixed with a spoon and put in a cup.

iStevo on
    ...I'm so hip, I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A Imperial class Star Destroyer would clearly demolish any of the Enterprises

Victory class, eh, could go either way

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Lasagna soup? Do you not own a set of functional teeth? Your description does not make me want to eat it.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Tossrock wrote: »

does the enterprise have time to prepare?

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I reckon the Victory class would defeat the older 'dinner plate and two cigars' Enterprise.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Lasagna soup? Do you not own a set of functional teeth? Your description does not make me want to eat it.

Thats pretty much what I said. Smelled lovely, though.

iStevo on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

yes but there's only enough kryptonite in the system for one bullet

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009

yes but there's only enough kryptonite in the system for one bullet

but replicators

edit: that was one of the dumbest things about having to ship stuff from point a to point b and/or having to get spare parts off of other ships

"oh, no we can't replicate that, it's too complex!"

it's a chunk of conduit

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Enterprise and Victory Destroyers are about the same size, I think.

Imperial is twice again that, at least.

iStevo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    iStevo wrote: »

Thats pretty much what I said. Smelled lovely, though.

Pureed lasagna would still smell good. Eating it would lose some of its charm however. Just like no-one wants pureed scotch fillet steak.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'd like to see some Mandalorian vs Klingon action.

iStevo on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KpCAOwm-NF0/SW0kpZGJsUI/AAAAAAAABC4/qk93DRdESyA/s1600-h/comparison.gif

edit: or alternatively

http://www.merzo.net/

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Lockout wrote: »

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KpCAOwm-NF0/SW0kpZGJsUI/AAAAAAAABC4/qk93DRdESyA/s1600-h/comparison.gif

edit: or alternatively

http://www.merzo.net/

Oh my.

iStevo on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, all this talk about space ships is making me want to play Rogue Squadron 2

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    X-Wing: Alliance

iStevo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    that merzo thing is amazing and also kind of sad

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I love those kind of comparison things

although I do not know half of those ships

natek on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    natek wrote: »
    I love those kind of comparison things

although I do not know half of those ships

This is not a bad thing natek

Vic on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Vic wrote: »
    a rebuilt Israel is looking to expand its power by consolidating nearby areas they consider part of the land given to them by god.

No they aren't. They just dismantled all the settlements in Gaza and moved troops out of it a couple years ago.

The whole "Israel is looking to expand its territory" thing is just a piece of Anti-Semitic propaganda.

Evander on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    See, that bullshit is ridiculous. An Executor class Star Destroyer is just excessively large. It's like Vader and the Emperor both were overcompensating for their withered-by-the-Dark-Side manhoods.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Evander wrote: »
    a rebuilt Israel is looking to expand its power by consolidating nearby areas they consider part of the land given to them by god.

No they aren't. They just dismantled all the settlements in Gaza and moved troops out of it a couple years ago.

The whole "Israel is looking to expand its territory" thing is just a piece of Anti-Semitic propaganda.

anti israel != anti semitic

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

That is correct.

HOWEVER, anti-Zionism IS either anti-Semitism, or ignorance, and the accusation that Zionists are out to conquer land is a common anti-Semitic trope.

Evander on
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    See, that bullshit is ridiculous. An Executor class Star Destroyer is just excessively large. It's like Vader and the Emperor both were overcompensating for their withered-by-the-Dark-Side manhoods.

I always figured the Executor was a part of an Imperial New Deal. They needed some way to get everyone back to work and stimulate the economy after the first Death Star fiasco.

Its the Empire's answer to the TVA.

LTM on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

A lot of people do comment that it can be taken down by a much smaller force in relation to the comparison of Imperial vs Rebel ships. It's just a pimp ass ride.

iStevo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I am not saying that people who say this are antisemites.

I am saying that people who say this were told it by other people, and those other people either were antisemites themselves, or else heard it from some one who heard it from some one, etc.

The fear of Jews being out to conquer gentile land dates back to Egyptian times.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

That is correct.

HOWEVER, anti-Zionism IS either anti-Semitism, or ignorance, and the accusation that Zionists are out to conquer land is a common anti-Semitic trope.

Fair enough.

I heard a guy on the radio (some kind of spokesperson for the Israeli government) talking about why the UNRA (United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration) was a tool of the Hamas government and that's why their trucks and stuff were being targeted. He kept saying that it wasn't really a United Nations program, just a Hamas program. I found that hard to believe when the non-Palestinian director of UNRA was interviewed right afterward.

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

A lot of people do comment that it can be taken down by a much smaller force in relation to the comparison of Imperial vs Rebel ships. It's just a pimp ass ride.

At seventeen and a half kilometers, it better be beyond pimp.

LTM, that is...kind of an interesting way to look at it.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I heard a guy on the radio (some kind of spokesperson for the Israeli government) talking about why the UNRA (United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration) was a tool of the Hamas government and that's why their trucks and stuff were being targeted. He kept saying that it wasn't really a United Nations program, just a Hamas program. I found that hard to believe when the non-Palestinian director of UNRA was interviewed right afterward.

Conspiracy theory beased around religious prejudice?

iStevo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

That is correct.

Fair enough.

I dunno.

I do know that Hamas has used pretty dirty stuff as cover in the past (Red Cross ambulances, and such).

I feel like Israel behaved poorly in this recent crisis, but I have trouble putting a finger on what specifically they could have done significantly differently.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Conspiracy theory beased around religious prejudice?

What religious prejudice?

Evander on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I don't know exactly what his reasoning was but I found it really difficult to listen to anything else he had to say when he just kept repeating over and over UNRA is not affiliated with the UN. It was one of those cases where you want the spokesperson to just shut up because they are doing far more harm than good for their cause. Kind of like a lot of Palin speeches.

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

The fear of Jews being out to conquer gentile land dates back to Egyptian times.

This one?

iStevo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I don't know exactly what his reasoning was but I found it really difficult to listen to anything else he had to say when he just kept repeating over and over UNRA is not affiliated with the UN. It was one of those cases where you want the spokesperson to just shut up because they are doing far more harm than good for their cause. Kind of like a lot of Palin speeches.

Israel is not exactly great with PR. That's why its funny when people claim that they have sinsiter intentions, but are hiding them for the sake of public opinion. As though A) public opinion was that great to begin with, or B) Israel was some sort of political spin master-mind nation.

Do you rememebr who this guy was, though? Was he a spokesman for the government itself, or just some crackpot Israeli that some one stuck on the radio?

Evander on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Israel is not exactly great with PR. That's why its funny when people claim that they have sinsiter intentions, but are hiding them for the sake of public opinion. As though A) public opinion was that great to begin with, or B) Israel was some sort of political spin master-mind nation.

Do you rememebr who this guy was, though? Was he a spokesman for the government itself, or just some crackpot Israeli that some one stuck on the radio?

Spokesman for the government itself, I think. Imma dig a little and see if I can find it.

edit: Here it is. No transcript or anything:
    http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/2009/200901/20090112.html

The guy was apparently a spokesman with the IDF. The segment they were doing was on how rough it is being an aid worker in Gaza.

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

This one?

it was ethnic at the time, not religious.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ah.

I don't really care about that kind of stuff, thats just what it sounded like based off that radio thing you were talking about.

iStevo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ah.

I don't really care about that kind of stuff, thats just what it sounded like based off that radio thing you were talking about.

the radio thing is unrelated.

I was talking about the origins of Judeophobia in the ancient world.

Evander on
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Did we ever get to the bottom of the whole "Israel bombs the UN Headquarters in the gaza strip" thing from a week or so ago?

It seemed like a big deal, then I sort of stopped hearing about it.

LTM on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ah.

the radio thing is unrelated.

I was talking about the origins of Judeophobia in the ancient world.

Whatever floats your boat, man.

How 'bout them Super Star Destroyers?

iStevo on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Because I do care about these things, I have to say that I disagree with the classification "anti-semitic propaganda". Disagreeing with what Israel does in Gaza does not mean you hate jews, it just means you disagree with what Israel is doing in Gaza.

But more importantly, the opening post is full of shit.

Edit: ok my browser failed somehow, that was supposed to be a reply to a post like an hour ago

Vic on