As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Robot Wars - OGs is OUT, OG Gaiden up next

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Lanz wrote: »
    FCD wrote: »
    GBA OG2. If you were refering to OGs OG2, then I don't know how that one works. Sorry.

strange. for some reason Lamia dropped from 50PP to 39 PP for some reason D:

Well, I know that in GBA OG2, the pilot's kill count resets at Game Over. But so far, everyone has kept all the experience and PP they've earned per mission playthrough. You are just pressing the A button at the Game Over screen, and then continuing through the previous intermission until you get back to the beginning of the mission, correct?

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    GBA OG2. If you were refering to OGs OG2, then I don't know how that one works. Sorry.

strange. for some reason Lamia dropped from 50PP to 39 PP for some reason D:

Well, I know that in GBA OG2, the pilot's kill count resets at Game Over. But so far, everyone has kept all the experience and PP they've earned per mission playthrough. You are just pressing the A button at the Game Over screen, and then continuing through the previous intermission until you get back to the beginning of the mission, correct?

I believe so. I wonder what I'm doing wrong. last time I played, Lamia had 42PP, but then got killed by an R-Eins*M, and when I got back to the game after the cutscene before the mission (Exhiled from Paradise, or something similar was the title) and then she was back at 39

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Is it a mission where Lamia deploys automatically? Maybe that's the reason why her PP won't carryover after a Game Over.

FCD on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Is it a mission where Lamia deploys automatically? Maybe that's the reason why her PP won't carryover after a Game Over.

aaaaaaaaaah, it is :o

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, missions where pilots automatically deploy for story reasons are a real pain. You don't get the opportunity to upgrade their mechs, their stats or their skills. And, as your experience shows, it seems they can't carry over PP after Game Over, either. Bumma.

FCD on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, missions where pilots automatically deploy for story reasons are a real pain. You don't get the opportunity to upgrade their mechs, their stats or their skills. And, as your experience shows, it seems they can't carry over PP after Game Over, either. Bumma.

hmmm, at least if things get worse, I'll be able to upgrade the rest of the team at least. Arado's almost to 100, so that SP regen should come in handy

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    varlandvarland Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    varland wrote: »
    I'm playing SRW: OG and I'm on mission 10; VENGEANCE.

A dude (Tempest I believe) attacks you along with a multitude of other less powerful dudes, and all you get in the beginning is three dudes where one is a badass; THE HUCKEBEIN 009! Also, a dudette, Latooni, get's a mech. I whoop-da-whoop the silly dudes into submission and I get back-up by 5 more dudes, some dudes are in an aeroplane. For the life of me I can't bring that dude down. 18k in life and kills most of my dudes and dudettes in 1-2 hits. Any tips?

No tips? I still can't beat Tempest.

varland on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

which part is the Mega Man ripoff? the mech fight looks like they took the mechanics from Sparkster

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Woo, finally kicked Axel's ass earlier

Up next on the ass kick list: Inspectors

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm playing SRW: OG and I'm on mission 10; VENGEANCE.

A dude (Tempest I believe) attacks you along with a multitude of other less powerful dudes, and all you get in the beginning is three dudes where one is a badass; THE HUCKEBEIN 009! Also, a dudette, Latooni, get's a mech. I whoop-da-whoop the silly dudes into submission and I get back-up by 5 more dudes, some dudes are in an aeroplane. For the life of me I can't bring that dude down. 18k in life and kills most of my dudes and dudettes in 1-2 hits. Any tips?

No tips? I still can't beat Tempest.

Hmm..Shouldn't be having too much trouble. Are you using your spirits and such? I don't remember the layout of the map too well. Essentially though, use Ryusei in jet mode for the increase in evasion, have Rai and the 009 pelt him from long range. I don't remember if you have Ingram yet or not, but if you do, his spirit that gives him both Strike and Sense will help out. I don't know if you can or not before this mission, but definitely don't let Latooni launch in the Gespy. Too weak for her unless you've been upgrading them.

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007

which part is the Mega Man ripoff? the mech fight looks like they took the mechanics from Sparkster

The side scrolling part. The first thing that popped into my head when I saw it was "Megaman 7".

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So, what's the best way to make sure I kill Ingram in mission 30 so I can keep the R-Gun? at what amont of health should I be ready to outright kill him?

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    So, what's the best way to make sure I kill Ingram in mission 30 so I can keep the R-Gun? at what amont of health should I be ready to outright kill him?

He retreats at..what...50%? *checks*

Yep. 50%. The R-Gun doesn't really have much in the way of armor, so just make sure you have the SP prepared for valoring up your major damage dealers. Masaki might have some trouble though considering the R-gun is still pretty swift. I forget how much health he has in this mission...Probably 34k or in that area.

chaossoldier on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Well-levelled Rampage Ghost.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    :O oooooooooh, Operation Planetangent pt. 2

also Part 1 was ridiculously easy once I knew
    That I should wait until I've cleared out the enemy forces before letting the Hagane or Hiryu hit the mainland

that, and had gameovered and used the spoils of the previous attempt to boost the second

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Yeah, my Rampage Ghost is okay this game, bit it's not enough. :(

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [finishes the mission]

:(
    Captain Daitetsu...

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Don't forget about the Dual spirit that allows for a 100% critical hit chance for both pilots. That'll help out as well.

chaossoldier on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Don't forget about the Dual spirit that allows for a 100% critical hit chance for both pilots. That'll help out as well.

The whatnow?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

The whatnow?

OG's specific, when Pilots are engaged in a Twin squad, they get access to fuckawesome "Dual Spirit Commands" most of which were high end awesome ones from @3 and the like. one of which, Soul, is basically Hot-Blood(Valor) on crack.

And I forgot all about that 100% critrate one, I'll use it this time.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Man, Atlus needs to be getting rolling.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Yeah, especially after the whole Persona 3 thing.

Also, took him down this time, I had all my pilots helping this time because I decided I didn't want to be greedy for money and go after the Battleships this time.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

Hey, if Gabe and Tycho are happy to keep making comics about our games and netting us all kinds of publicity to a huge market segment, we'd be glad to. (And yes, I've heard the podcast where they reply that all we have to do is "keep making awesome games!" Check!) Unfortunately, all the comic fodder I have right now is my image of Masaki, Aya, and Eun's portraits next to each other, asking "which one's the battle-hardened warrior?"

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Speaking of comic fodder, I wonder if any OGs-based 4komas have been written yet. I mean, there's tons of potential for new fun here. Hell, Latooni and Shine's new cut-in for Royal Heart Breaker alone could generate more than a few hilarious bits. :lol:

FCD on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The DW: Gundam demo got me thinking, I want a DW: OGs.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The DW: Gundam demo got me thinking, I want a DW: OGs.

Witt he seires ending, it's sad not to see even.... some of an OGs presence in ACE.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    So I've been playing OG2(GBA version) lately, doing the grind on mission 8, and I finally got enough PP for Lamia to purchase SP Regenerate and Focus, which is great. Now that she has one skill slot left, though, I'm not quite sure what to put there. Part of me wants to get Gunfight, since Phantom Phoenix is Ranged and also extremely awesome, but then I remember that three of Angelg's other attacks are Melee, including Mirage Sign, leading me to think that In-Fight might be better in the long run, especially given how it increases potential movement.

Of course, on the other other hand, there are also the more mundane, pragmatic skills, like the one which reduces EN consumption by 20 percent, which makes me think that maybe I should go for one of those instead.

Basically, I'm just looking for informed recommendations on what to fill her last skill slot with. Any advice provided will be much appreciated :D

FCD on
  • Options
    VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So I've been playing OG2(GBA version) lately, doing the grind on mission 8, and I finally got enough PP for Lamia to purchase SP Regenerate and Focus, which is great. Now that she has one skill slot left, though, I'm not quite sure what to put there. Part of me wants to get Gunfight, since Phantom Phoenix is Ranged and also extremely awesome, but then I remember that three of Angelg's other attacks are Melee, including Mirage Sign, leading me to think that In-Fight might be better in the long run, especially given how it increases potential movement.

Of course, on the other other hand, there are also the more mundane, pragmatic skills, like the one which reduces EN consumption by 20 percent, which makes me think that maybe I should go for one of those instead.

Basically, I'm just looking for informed recommendations on what to fill her last skill slot with. Any advice provided will be much appreciated :D

Focus on ranged attacks during your first playthrough, melee attacks during the second if you plan to get the Vysaga.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Sounds reasonable. And I can always add extra PP to her Melee stat later on, if I want Shadow Lance and the other Melee attacks to still be relatively strong.

FCD on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah. Focusing on ranged will be pretty good for the first play through. Especially after you get the Ashsaber, which is mostly ranged based.

chaossoldier on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Bursar wrote: »

Hey, if Gabe and Tycho are happy to keep making comics about our games and netting us all kinds of publicity to a huge market segment, we'd be glad to. (And yes, I've heard the podcast where they reply that all we have to do is "keep making awesome games!" Check!) Unfortunately, all the comic fodder I have right now is my image of Masaki, Aya, and Eun's portraits next to each other, asking "which one's the battle-hardened warrior?"

You mean there's actually a podcast of them mentioning SRW?

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have to say.

Getting Kai up to the proper kill count, and the right level were a pain in the ass, but it was so worth it.

The Gespenst MKII S kicks so much ass it shouldn't be legal!

All I had to so was see it destroy 5 plant Einst in a single kick to know that I loved this machine.

Matthew on
  • Options
    VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Matthew wrote: »
    I have to say.

Getting Kai up to the proper kill count, and the right level were a pain in the ass, but it was so worth it.

The Gespenst MKII S kicks so much ass it shouldn't be legal!

All I had to so was see it destroy 5 plant Einst in a single kick to know that I loved this machine.

It's pretty easy if you stick Kai in the Grungust.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    So, what are the requirements to get into OG2.5 in OGs? I want me some Fighter Roa and those kickass ones from Compact 3, like the one with the thousand hit combo

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The safest bet is beating OG and OG2.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    The safest bet is beating OG and OG2.

I was just wondering if there was a BM requirement. which would be bad, because I barely scrape by in OG2 as it is, granted, I've gotten a decent amont of BMs in OG1 (not enough for say, Shishioh Blade or anything.) I really don't think I'll be getting a lot of those BMs. especially considering how picky I am with what I upgrade, in OG2 especially, since how much I dislike Seolla, Arado, Princess Shine, Carla, Yuuki, Ibis, Katina, Russel etc. I actually having no problem with having to upgrade Alt, Weiss, Daitrombe, and Daizengar. I just feel like I usually get punished for using the SRX team for anything other than HTB spam.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was just wondering if there was a BM requirement.
    I never go for Battle Masteries and I made it to OG 2.5 just fine.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot