As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Robot Wars - OGs is OUT, OG Gaiden up next

• Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, but the R-Series upgrades just add one new attack, (and Flying, in the R-3's case.) where the Alt Eisen Reise and Rein Weissritter have all new attacks, and a upgraded version of Rampage Ghost to boot.

I think you're ignoring a lot of stats in this claim. Also Alt and Weiss don't get to transform into a super-robot and have to be a lot closer to use their best attack.

I like OtakuD00d's theory about perfect synchronization, though. The kind of perfect physical, rhythmic harmony that can only come from spending all your off-time boning like bloody bunnies. I think if the SRX team had regular and passionate orgies their attack-power would increase.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Pata wrote: »
    Lat was cooler in the Wildraubiter. the only people who say different need to get their shoujo out of my giant robots.

I don't think you realize what demographic Lat is made to appeal too. :P

I thought she was supposed to be badass. the game has enough fanservice. (Excellen has enough fanservice for 20 games.)
    Moe. Gothic Lolita Moe

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Plus, In OG2 you start with the Powered stuff. so SRX might as well be your first upgrade. Plus, let's face it, the Alt is a Real that want's to be a Super pretty badly. the high HP, The High Armor, the low range, the low accuracy, the low evasion, the high damage. the difference is it needs the help of a proper real to maximise it's damage. the difference is it doesn't benefit from having a lot of energy other than for more Rampage Ghosts. the SRX, however. it's attacks eat up a lot of it (especially since it's limited to HTB spam in OG2.) and a nice TK field so it takes little to no damage, even if you do not spend on Armor, which you really shoulden't with a good field like this.

Hell, when I use Banprieos in @3, I put in a squad with GaoGaiGar and Goldymarg. (I don't even deploy the R-Gun.) Because Ryuseigiri is only marginally weaker than Ichigeki Hisatsu Hou Kai, and costs less energ, saving more for Ryuseigiri and that energy Shield. being in a squad with GaoGaiGar improves this further because of the Protect Wall/Protect Shade. When Banprieos gets low, I like to have GaoGaiGar and Goldy do their thing.usually not for long, as I allways give Banprieos my Auxillary GS Ride (great for Energy Regen.)

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Alt is an armorbeast. I generally just keep whatever the best armor I have is on Alt, and throw him at everything, and in OG1 nothing can actually even hurt him (though in OG2 there's some bullshit that goes on, hence the need for Reise). I don't really plan my upgrade-patterns in too much detail, I kind of tend to go with whatever I noticed was lacking last mission or whatever I think is a really sweet attack or unit. My Gespenst Rs are always badass, ultimate non-boss unit. Everybody will target Viletta, but oops, she has that A.I. thing that took four fucking hours to get from Mekibos, so no one can hit her she can cross the screen in one turn and since everyone targets her because she's just a Gespenst and then Viletta throws down some ninja-shit and takes out a bunch of them with just Focus it doesn't take too long to end up with Strike. Actually, Viletta's Gespenst-R was great against bosses too. It's just Gilliam's mechs that are consistently only useful against regular enemies. Which makes him pretty worthless a lot of the time in both games, even though he's really good at dodging and shooting.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I use Huckebeins instead of Gespenst's. because for some reason, I can never bring myself to upgrade one, because I look at stuff like Jet Magnum and think "lol". G Impact Cannon and Remote Slashers, and the 008L's Bl;ack Hole gun, The MK. III being awesome, nd even the Gunner Frame's weapons make Jet Magnum just look silly, at least to me. I like the Guarlion, too. SOnic Breaker is kind of nice Upgraded, and the speed makes for a good repair or replenish bot.

But I'll say this, at least it's not as bad as those Randgriths. Gespensts make me go "lol" but those make me go "rofl"

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Do they fix up some of the stats in OGs? Like...no more having the R2 and Wildwurger competing with all of your supers for highest defense ratings? Or are SRW games just always like that?

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Do they fix up some of the stats in OGs? Like...no more having the R2 and Wildwurger competing with all of your supers for highest defense ratings? Or are SRW games just always like that?

I'll say this, they make Gespenst's feel a hell of a lot more inadequate because they give you shit like the Armorlion and the Siegerlion

(The Armorlion's FInisher is really "Sonic Boost Kick" but Ryusei names it after one of the SRX's attacks, just like if he uses the Shishioh Blade, he names it after one of Banprieos's attacks.)

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I use Huckebeins instead of Gespenst's. because for some reason, I can never bring myself to upgrade one, because I look at stuff like Jet Magnum and think "lol"

Man Jet Magnum is awesome.

Pata on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Randgriths are pretty damn badass if upgraded. They have a ton of weapon space AND armor as well as respectable mobility and a pretty cool built in gun. Goddamn shame they come in so late in the game, around the time 90% of your working force is comprised of unique units that usually rely on their built in weaponry.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    O_o Gespenst-R doesn't have Jet Magnum.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    O_o Gespenst-R doesn't have Jet Magnum.

Ah, well I'm not a huge fan of Slash Ripper either. Firing arc is weird.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    yalborap wrote: »
    So...I'm guessing there is no chance of OGs coming to the US?

I haven't heard anything about it of late. Atlus or someone else could license it for the US, but until there's an announcement, we're pretty much all in the dark.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Lat was cooler in the Wildraubiter. the only people who say different need to get their shoujo out of my giant robots.

I thought she was supposed to be badass. the game has enough fanservice. (Excellen has enough fanservice for 20 games.)
    Moe. Gothic Lolita Moe

Yep. Just look at the fan drawings shown alongside her theme from OGs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39WDI8JN5mo

FCD on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I love that the immediate reaction in comments to the T-Link Double Knuckle is "Mai/Ryusei coupling confirmed!?! But what about Latooni! OH NOES!!! D: ". Especially since I was thinking much the same thing myself :P

FCD on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Moe. Gothic Lolita Moe

moelh2.jpg

on topic: I'm close to the end of OG2 I think. Then I plan to go back through and get the 35 battle masteries and such on New Game+ so I can get the real ending

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    FCD wrote: »

I love that the immediate reaction in comments to the T-Link Double Knuckle is "Mai/Ryusei coupling confirmed!?! But what about Latooni! OH NOES!!! D: ". Especially since I was thinking much the same thing myself :P

Princess Shine.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Princess Shine.

:winky:

Pata on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Princess Shine.

:winky:

"You have my controls" indeed...

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    So Yeah, on OGs:

I was playing through OG1 again, trying to save up enough money to tranfer as much as possible to OG2, thinking it would help, if not a little. well, after struggling to beat
    Ingram

I found that
    They want me to fight Levi/Judecca at the Neviim, just like on the GBA version. last time I beat Ingram, OG1 was over, is, something up? did I like get too many masteries, and I'm gonna end up having to fight that stupid crystal thing Meteor 3 transforms into, as well? because it defeats the purpose of me having saved up the money and PP, only to spend it all away to stand A Fighting chance against Judecca, since I struggled with Ingram so bad this time around. and the Crystal thing seems worse, since it has a lot of grunts guarding it, and has a LOT of HP, and god knows how much EN worth of shields.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Yeah, "don't know if want" sums it up quite well :|

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    What's Scramble Commander?

Pata on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    God, WHy Am I sturrgling so bad with OG2? It's allways the first route split that gets me.

Every guide says "just do the Etheopia route, you need to get Bullet and Kai's kill/level quota met for the easier to get Shishioh blade, and more importantly, the Gespenst Type S." but, I allways end up going on the moon route, why? I want to upgrade the R-Blade and the R-1, despite the fact I hate Katina and Russel and use them for nothing but lousy meat shields/cannon fodder that usually get shot down pretty fast.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    It's like you're the anti-me

Pata on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    It's like your the anti-me.

I liked Giado so much more, do you realise how killer the Replenish Seishin is with the SRX?

but no, no more Giado, no more Replenish Seishin.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I prefer resupply modules, doesn't cost a ton of SP.

Also I managed to get Bullet's kill count up to get the Shishou blade with the moon route. :P There are few missions with lots and lots of grunts.

...lots of resetting but I managed to get the required kills.

Pata on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I prefer resupply modules, doesn't cost a ton of SP.

Replenish Modules only do so muich, though.

It can bring the SRX from 20 EN, from spamming Nendo Bakusai Ken a lot, back to its max of like 300 something.

I hate replenish modules because the unit that uses it can't do anything, that is why I prefer the Seishin.

And it's by no means, Expensive, it's only 50. and Giado can allways be Taught SP Up.

The problem is, it's a rare Seishin. Giado is the only one (in OGs anyway.) that I can think of off the top of my head who learns it, if anyone in OG2 learns it, it's probably a really awful pilot like Carla, or Yuuki, or worse.... fucking Ibis.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    If you need to resupply yourself then you probably can afford to spend a turn with one less unit.

Also what the crap did using Gaido have to do with my comment?

Pata on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    If you need to resupply yourself then you probably can afford to spend a turn with one less unit.

Also what the crap did using Gaido have to do with my comment?

I thought you were responding to the whole "I hate Katina and Russel." thing.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oh yeah you're right about that.

But I don't see why you can't use all three characters. I use every single pilot.

Pata on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oh yeah you're right about that.

But I don't see why you can't use all three characters. I use every single pilot.

Some Pilots become Useless because you don't use them, you can't give them good units, they wind up in a fucking Gespenst as soon as a couple grunts take a few shots.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Man I have Katina in a Gespenst .

She's great in her souped up red Gespy with the Shishoh Blade <3

An excellent grunt killer while the big guns (SRX, Alt and Weiss) handle the bosses.

Pata on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Man I have Katina in a Gespenst .

She's great in her souped up red Gespy with the Shishoh Blade <3

An excellent grunt killer while the big guns (SRX, Alt and Weiss) handle the bosses.

What stops Katina from being 2 shotted by grunts? Gespensts have this horrible reputation of never being able to survive grunt fire. Barrelions and Guarlions were hard enough for Gespensts. Zechriahs? Haubaukks, Ezekiels? how is a Gespenst going to deal with those.

And OG2? how is a Gespenst going to deal with Knochens and Glides, let alone Einsteisen's and R-Eins?

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    She doesn't get hit.

Her mobilty's high and if she does get hit I've also upped the Gespenst's armor and HP so it can survive a few blows anyways.

Pata on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    But the thing is, you will still take hits sooner or later, because Gespents inherently blow at both dodging and surviving. even upgraded, it wil never be nearly as dodgy as a Huckebein or the Wildraubiter. on the same time, It won't even come close to being as tough as simple stuff like the Armorlion or Randgriths. (And Randgriths are not much better than Gespensts anyway.)

The mobility and armor and HP upgrades for Gespensts, just do not add up enough, especially for later, difficult grunts, like Zechriahs/Haubaukks/Ezechils in OG1, and Einst in general in OG2.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I've yet to have a problem, and really, as the anti-me should I really be listening to you? :P

Pata on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    It's your choice, I'm just talkin'

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    What's Scramble Commander?

Another game in Banpresto's long line of "not SRW, but still technically SRW" games. Another example would be the A.C.E series and Real Robot Regiment.

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    In this case, Scramble Commander is a real-time SRPG.

The second one looks a lot better than the first, which is...abysmal.

Furu on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This is why Gespensts have four fricking Parts Slots.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg