As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Robot Wars - OGs is OUT, OG Gaiden up next

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Somehow, I'm already figuring out how Gurren Lagann might work into an SRW.

But it'd end up requiring waiting for hte timeskip before they could do any of the classics like Gundam, Macross and the like.

Unless we work in time travel. But I doubt anyone wants to mess with that.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Lanz wrote: »
    Somehow, I'm already figuring out how Gurren Lagann might work into an SRW.

But it'd end up requiring waiting for hte timeskip before they could do any of the classics like Gundam, Macross and the like.

Unless we work in time travel. But I doubt anyone wants to mess with that.

Why not? Who's to say It can't be Ingram'd/Gilliam'd/Cobray'd?

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    hmmm, how would that work though? I thought they were from alternate dimensions, not times.

Though dealing with Gurren Lagann's earth as an entirely separate reality could work too :o

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I have a theory about whether or not this game gets licensed for US release. I believe that the licensing will not be announced until at least December or around that time. Why?

One, because most games aren't licensed for overseas release until usually around six months or more after release. Plus, OGS is very closely tied to OG Gaiden, due to 2.5. So closely linked that any group that licenses it would have to license Gaiden. So, we probably won't see any licensing news until at least six months, or whenever OG Gaiden is released.

Matthew on
  • Options
    VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, did anyone here order ACE3? The game's been out for a few days I think but it doesn't look like importers snatched it like OGS. I'm tempted to pick it up if only for the Macross units and Black Selena, but apparently the game is pretty short.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Ryusei is awesome.

Zengar's thunder status= Stolen.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Vhalyar wrote: »
    So, did anyone here order ACE3? The game's been out for a few days I think but it doesn't look like importers snatched it like OGS. I'm tempted to pick it up if only for the Macross units and Black Selena, but apparently the game is pretty short.

Get it.

Trust me.

Just...get it.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Man I'm really excited about ACE3 but I wanna get through OGs first, but I just can't work up the willpower to play OG2. I can deal with having to Upgrade Alt, Weiss, Daizengar, Daitrombe, and forcing SRX to be a HTB spambot rather than having it tank ala SRX in OG1, or Bnprieos in @3. it's just EVERYONE ELSE. I can't stand the Majority other the other pilots and units. TBS helps and the Armorlion is cool, but I miss shit like the Raubiter, And I just Hate when they turned Lat into, I really miss Giado and Garnet, I miss the Valsion Kai, I Hate Arado and Seolla and their respective units, the Fairlions just seem lame, and just.....bah.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man I'm really excited about ACE3 but I wanna get through OGs first, but I just can't work up the willpower to play OG2. I can deal with having to Upgrade Alt, Weiss, Daizengar, Daitrombe, and forcing SRX to be a HTB spambot rather than having it tank ala SRX in OG1, or Bnprieos in @3. it's just EVERYONE ELSE. I can't stand the Majority other the other pilots and units. TBS helps and the Armorlion is cool, but I miss shit like the Raubiter, And I just Hate when they turned Lat into, I really miss Giado and Garnet, I miss the Valsion Kai, I Hate Arado and Seolla and their respective units, the Fairlions just seem lame, and just.....bah.

You do realize that secret units, etc unlocked in the OG1 portion carry through?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

You do realize that secret units, etc unlocked in the OG1 portion carry through?

Oh, I didn't realize that. I was lookinging not so forward to the start because of losing the units I've grown so fond of, the only Secret Mech I can only unlock is the Guarlion and the Valsion anyway, and don't you get a Guarlion anyway? grated, this one is upgraded to fucking hell, but, hmm.

the Valsion should help I guess, I just have no clue who's going to ride it. Garnet was great in it as a sniper and for supporting.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

Oh, I didn't realize that. I was lookinging not so forward to the start because of losing the units I've grown so fond of, the only Secret Mech I can only unlock is the Guarlion and the Valsion anyway, and don't you get a Guarlion anyway? grated, this one is upgraded to fucking hell, but, hmm.

the Valsion should help I guess, I just have no clue who's going to ride it. Garnet was great in it as a sniper and for supporting.

FYI, the first few missions are completely new. Kyosuke and Excellen's side foray with the blue alteisen will probably piss you off at first, but
    all you need to do is just wait a couple turns until a story event happens. (It's basically a hostage situation. If you get closer, you lose)

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007

FYI, the first few missions are completely new. Kyosuke and Excellen's side foray with the blue alteisen will probably piss you off at first, but
    all you need to do is just wait a couple turns until a story event happens. (It's basically a hostage situation. If you get closer, you lose)

Yeah, that doesn't sound too bad compared to the rest of OG2, to be honest.
    Wodan's new attacks scares me. so does Alfimi's new Finisher.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well, after ages of being stuck on the last two missions I finally beat OG1 on Kyosuke's route. (Well, not counting the secret mission)

Dang, that was tough and long...

I swear all 20 units in that fight gained at least two levels.

Now to do Ryusei's route, and then unlock New Game + and build up an unstoppable force of awesome.

Especially since I now know how to play the game right (using Spirit commands properly) I'll definitely level up faster and have more money this time around.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5079/gg1rh2.jpg
    http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/573/gg2qw1.jpg

Whoo-hoo! New scans!
    Release has been delayed until December, but it's just about a month. But the big thing...

New customized Gespenst for Kai!
    Gespenst MK.II Kai.

Yeah, a Kai for Kai.
    (Rimshot)

Now all 4 Aggressors have customized mecha!.

Plus, the limited edition of OGG will include an action figure of the ART-1.

Matthew on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mmmmmm, Double Jet Magnums. Tasty.

edit: Oh, and I also noticed that Kai is fighting grunt units from Compact 3 in some of the pics there. Also nice :)

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Okay, OG's gertting into the meat of OG2 proper.

I just don't know who to work on. It makes me feel guilty to work on Ryoto. ("Nothing for you, Ryoto, no 009, no kickass Lion variant, no 008L, take your shitty Gunner Frame and go sit in the corner!").

Is it completely nessecary to upgrade stupid Arado and Seola, and Princess Fanservice and a (ruined) Lat?

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    They ruined her by giving her a worthwhile attack?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Remember who you're talking too.

Also why the heck didn't I get the Lion on Kyosuke's route. It makes Ryoto useful.

Man I'm getting almost all the Battle Masteries without even trying. I've been on hard mode since the third mission. How the heck did I manage to suck so much during my first playthrough?

Pata on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I liked her better when she was a badass, is all, not flying around with mechs with sonic tits.

Also, Ryoto is plenty useful if you stick him in a 009 and you like....upgrade it. also, put him in the 008L if you unlock it, it is a rapetrain with that black hole gun. Also, the Regular Lion sucks, the Guarlion should be used by Leona, and well, the Armorlion if you are playing the PS2 game? seriously, put Giado in it. you will thank me later. OG2 I have no clue.

It's not exactly fair that I struggle with OG2, just because I dislike most of the characters, and they either got rid of, or shoehorned characters and units I like into some limited role. (like making the SRX a sniper, for example.)

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I liked her better when she was a badass, is all, not flying around with mechs with sonic tits.

Yeah, the loli-maid outfit was really badass. O_o

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

How often did she wear it in OG1, though?

And, the OGs version of RHB is eye burning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpbIO9Q17lY

The Strobe Lights just make it rediculous.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

And, the OGs version of RHB is eye burning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpbIO9Q17lY

The entire back-half of the game, under XO Sean's orders.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Hmm, OGs, seem to be different, then. they apparently made a lot of changes like that to match the Divine Wars Anime.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Why the hell does Latooni have glasses in her portrait? Is this some kind of sick joke where they have a character go through the removal of glasses transformation that makes them actually likeable, only to revert the character back and smash my hopes?

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I liked her better that way.

Anyway, I guess my real complaint is this all along:

R-Formation should be as good if not better than Rampage Ghost, since, 3 attacks from 3 units are involved. but Rampage Ghost benefits from "Hurr look we can use it post movement hurr, Kyosuke doesn't need to spend that big 15 SP to Assail to get one off. meanwhile, if you're using R-Formation, Ryu has to cough up 70 for Zeal/Move again if you wan't to get one off without having to sit and wait a turn. you're better off just transforming, keeping your distance, keep Mai/Villetta by you, and waste your EN and use that Zeal to Spam HTB as much as you can." Yeah the SRX is nice and everything, but it's more shit I have to upgrade. When Kyosuke and Excellen upgrade however, they get a newfangled Rampage Ghost that carries over the upgrades from their previous version. I wish they did "carry-overs" for the SRX too, since the units transform and all. like, points you put into T-Link Knuckle carry over to Muteigiri, Points in Beam Chakram carry over to Dominion ball, Hi-Zol Launcher upgrades carry over to Hi-Finger Launcher. Strike SHield upgrades carry over to Blade Kick, and lastly T-Link Sword upgrades carry over to Nendo Bakusai Ken. wouldn't that have been easier?

Didn't like, those Team attacks that involved MORE than 3 Pilots in SRW MX, were either Post Movement, or someone had that 15 point Seishin Kyosuke has? You know like Getter G/Mazinger Z/Great Mazinger/Grendizer's Super Dynamic special, or worse, Maxter/Bolt/Dragon/Rose/God Gundam's Shuffle Doumei Ken, which involves 5 fucking units? what the fuck.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well, technically, R-Formation's just a really neat team move that the two can do, but their main purpose is combining to form SRX.

Alteisen and Weissritter, though, have been developed and fine-tuned to work together and compliment each other. Rampage Ghost's sheer power is the culmination of this.

Wildfalken and Wildwurger take it a step further by being designed from the get go to perform a special duo attack.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »

Why the hell does Latooni have glasses in her portrait? Is this some kind of sick joke where they have a character go through the removal of glasses transformation that makes them actually likeable, only to revert the character back and smash my hopes?

Well, in the Divine Wars anime, she goes back to wearing glasses, albeit transparent ones. So that's probably why she wears glasses again in OGs.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So...I'm guessing there is no chance of OGs coming to the US?

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Those glasses are a lot better then the old ones though, you can see her eyes.

And hey she's still in loli-maid outfit. :P

Pata on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Pata wrote: »

No. Glasses are all or nothing.

I can't believe it, though. I tailed off watching Divine Wars at episode 17. She'd finally taken the visor off. In the span of the final, what, eight (six?), episodes they send her back to the loser bin. I could endure the pilot suits, but this...

And they don't even put them in the little dance sequence for RHB. Deep down inside, they know they have committed a hideous wrong.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well, technically, R-Formation's just a really neat team move that the two can do, but their main purpose is combining to form SRX.

Alteisen and Weissritter, though, have been developed and fine-tuned to work together and compliment each other. Rampage Ghost's sheer power is the culmination of this.

Wildfalken and Wildwurger take it a step further by being designed from the get go to perform a special duo attack.

Yeah, I Guess I'm pissed off because there is no real point to upgrading the R-Series then, especially since it's such a load of shit that the Alt and Weiss get to carry over their upgrades to the new versions, wouldn 't it make sense to do the same for units that transform into a bigger unit?

Now that I think about it, the same happened in reguards to Shin Getter and Mazinkaizer. It was pointless to upgrade Mazinger Z or any other Getter Units, because it would not carry over. With Getter units it's even more of a spectacular mess, because there are 3 forms to upgrade, and a lot of people only use Dragon/Getter 1 as a result. and Getter 2/Liger and Getter 3/Poseidon end up being really underrated.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »

No. Glasses are all or nothing.

I can't believe it, though. I tailed off watching Divine Wars at episode 17. She'd finally taken the visor off. In the span of the final, what, eight (six?), episodes they send her back to the loser bin. I could endure the pilot suits, but this...

And they don't even put them in the little dance sequence for RHB. Deep down inside, they know they have committed a hideous wrong.

Lat was cooler in the Wildraubiter. the only people who say different need to get their shoujo out of my giant robots.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Yeah, I Guess I'm pissed off because there is no real point to upgrading the R-Series then, especially since it's such a load of shit that the Alt and Weiss get to carry over their upgrades to the new versions, wouldn 't it make sense to do the same for units that transform into a bigger unit?

Now that I think about it, the same happened in reguards to Shin Getter and Mazinkaizer. It was pointless to upgrade Mazinger Z or any other Getter Units, because it would not carry over. With Getter units it's even more of a spectacular mess, because there are 3 forms to upgrade, and a lot of people only use Dragon/Getter 1 as a result. and Getter 2/Liger and Getter 3/Poseidon end up being really underrated.

Uh, what? I always had Mazinger Z and Getter Dragon's upgrades carry over to their successors in the games I've played. Those being MX, a3, and W.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Lat was cooler in the Wildraubiter. the only people who say different need to get their shoujo out of my giant robots.

I don't think you realize what demographic Lat is made to appeal too. :P

Pata on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

It's not my fault she's cute as hell in that dress.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Uh, what? I always had Mazinger Z and Getter Dragon's upgrades carry over to their successors in the games I've played. Those being MX, a3, and W.

It was probably one of the older ones I've played that I remember that from. I could be wrong though.

But My original point is that it's kind of annoying that Kyosuke and Excellen get to hold onto what work they have had on their untis despite being all mutated by Einst, and the SRX team has to start over when their weapons only change slightly when they transform?

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I thought she was supposed to be badass. the game has enough fanservice. (Excellen has enough fanservice for 20 games.)

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    The R-Series upgrades carry over to their new versions too. They just don't carry over a third time. Just like they don't for anyone.

Edit: Oh and you probably didn't notice because the R-Series get their new versions almost immediately after you get R-2 and R-3.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, but the R-Series upgrades just add one new attack, (and Flying, in the R-3's case.) where the Alt Eisen Reise and Rein Weissritter have all new attacks, and a upgraded version of Rampage Ghost to boot.

Clawshrimpy on