Options

[WAR] This thread has seen the end of its slays.

• Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Just so everyone knows; the new Lizardmen book describes the Slann indirectly aiding during the Great War and generally being aware of other races' wars against Chaos.

It then follows up with an account of the discovery of new plaques from the final days of the Old Ones that instruct the Slann to fight Chaos and protect the plan at all costs. Saurus walking around in Altdorf doesn't fit with the core setting, but the Age of Reckoning - the End of the World and final battles against Chaos? GW set that one up well.

Also, Lizardmen are pretty goddamn cool. Don't tell anyone I said that.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Just so everyone knows; the new Lizardmen book describes the Slann indirectly aiding during the Great War and generally being aware of other races' wars against Chaos.

It then follows up with an account of the discovery of new plaques from the final days of the Old Ones that instruct the Slann to fight Chaos and protect the plan at all costs. Saurus walking around in Altdorf doesn't fit with the core setting, but the Age of Reckoning - the End of the World and final battles against Chaos? GW set that one up well.

WAR could make benefit of a furry expansion pack. Both lizardmen and skaven? Yes please!

Hell, they could probably make the box all fuzzy and raggity on one side and on the other sleek and scaly. :3

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

WAR could make benefit of a furry expansion pack. Both lizardmen and skaven? Yes please!

Hell, they could probably make the box all fuzzy and raggity on one side and on the other sleek and scaly. :3

Fuck yes. As much as I generally hate all the yiffing animal races in most fantasy settings, I actually love the Warhammer Lizards and Rats, and thats still what I want the most in an expansion. Lizardman on Order, Skaven on Destruction, and me stuck in the middle deciding which to play.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    JohanFlickJohanFlick Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    All this talk about how awesome Dark Crag is, makes me want to roll a new destruction toon. I played my squig herder for too long, so it's time for some MDPS. As soon as I get back from work, I'll roll a marauder on Dark Crag. I just hope that the name Ugly is not taken.....

JohanFlick on
  • Options
    KG3000KG3000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have a DoK on DC by the name Blackhook.

KG3000 on
    What?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    OK the AH prices on DC are way way stupidly overpriced. 1g+ for level 3 greens and stuff.

KG3000 on
    What?
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    only the stupid even consider buying gear from the AH at that level anyway

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I guess fetch is getting nerfed according to the main page at warhammer alliance. Well, maybe not nerfed but "have it's effectiveness reduced to be more in line with the Marauder's Terrible Embrace."

I kind of like fetch as it is now, it sucks versus decent teams who know how to counter it. But when you get those idiot players it is amazingly fun to use.

I guess I will spend some time until 1.2 fetching everyone I see.

Jeix on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2009
    yeah i dont know why you would buy level 3 gear off the AH unless it shit buckets of gold hourly

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    fyi the comic con code has updated in my account to

Reward: The Big Apple
    Includes: The Big Apple.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So on REM I maxed my inf. on my Marauder and I have problem. The jewel I was going to get has toughness and 2% crit reduction. Then I noticed at the bottom it gives you 5% more gold, and I looked at the 2 to the left of it and neither has toughness but gives 5% more renown......I'm thinking I'd be an idiot to not take the renown bonus ones.

I think the renown bonuses are broken anyhow. Or that is the rumor. Granted, it will be fixed eventually if it is broken, but might be something to consider.

Saammiel on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    fyi the comic con code has updated in my account to

Reward: The Big Apple
    Includes: The Big Apple.

Same.

Hopefully it includes the faces too?

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    More NYCC videos are up:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45313.html
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45310.html

Now that Choppa vid may have been previously posted, but the quality on this one is better.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I want a NYCC code. :<

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Jeix wrote: »
    So I guess fetch is getting nerfed according to the main page at warhammer alliance. Well, maybe not nerfed but "have it's effectiveness reduced to be more in line with the Marauder's Terrible Embrace."
    It will instantly teleport the lion to the target and make it untouchable? Awesome.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Wasn't buying anything off the AH was just dumping some stuff off and figured I'd check out the prices. I don't buy anything until I hit level 8, then I load up on the renown gear.

KG3000 on
    What?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    This game's AH is such a mess I don't usually even bother playing with prices unless it's a blue item or better. I just toss them up there and leave the default price. I really wish they'd steal EQ2's auction system, it was amazing compared to this mess.

Glal on
  • Options
    jma820jma820 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I want a NYCC code. :<

i seriously took 12 codes at comic con, but a friend also took several. I'll PM you with a code when i get one from him. I think he's got maybe 2 more so if anyone else is interested PM me.

jma820 on
    Signature
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeease? <3

Glal on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    jma820 wrote: »
    i seriously took 12 codes at comic con, but a friend also took several. I'll PM you with a code when i get one from him. I think he's got maybe 2 more so if anyone else is interested PM me.
    Yea me too pwease ;d

The slayer looks BADASS

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I buy stuff at low level AH. But only because I need me those lvl 3 shoulders.

So I got emailed back from mythic about my CTD problem. Soemthing about lowering my DirectX sound acceleration or something. And then something about closing background applications that may screw with the game, like AIM. Going to suck if I have to play WAR with Digsby closed.

Also I uninstalled my video drivers and reinstalled like Morsk informed me.

So if it doesn't work...I'll be sacrificing a GOAT tonight. Or just crying as I get kicked out of my 110394th scenario.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    eelektrik wrote: »

Fuck yes. As much as I generally hate all the yiffing animal races in most fantasy settings, I actually love the Warhammer Lizards and Rats, and thats still what I want the most in an expansion. Lizardman on Order, Skaven on Destruction, and me stuck in the middle deciding which to play.

They're awesome 'cause they have nothing to do with being animal-people. It's because the skaven are arcane steampunk boogeymen that live under your bed, and lizardmen are Aztecs spawned from cloning vats with ancient hypertechnology they barely understand.

Good luck Starman - did you check your mods too?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    They are working on AH improvements, FYI.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    More NYCC videos are up:

SOME VIDS

Now that Choppa vid may have been previously posted, but the quality on this one is better.

Oh dear god, choppa WANT! That's exactly how I play my Chosen. Barge in and disrupt their lines (especially the healers).

narv107 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Yeah I updated all my mods the other day when I was getting waaaghbar. Still crashed once while mailing. Now Im going to try closing different apps.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Yeah I updated all my mods the other day when I was getting waaaghbar. Still crashed once while mailing. Now Im going to try closing different apps.

:/

When was the last time you installed the client ground-up?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    GromrilGromril Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Glal wrote: »
    This game's AH is such a mess I don't usually even bother playing with prices unless it's a blue item or better. I just toss them up there and leave the default price. I really wish they'd steal EQ2's auction system, it was amazing compared to this mess.

I sell all the useless sentinel pieces from dungeon runs for 40g. People buy them within a day, too. What really pisses me off is when items for a class that's not in the party drops; we've had a pair of knob boots drop. Twice. D:

Gromril on
    23k283p.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I hope they implement the token system they're thinking about. On a broader scale, too. Getting a gold bag twice feels like such a waste, someone could have gotten a new piece of gear.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Complete reinstall about a month and a half ago. Got a new hard drive shortly before christmas.

Man I'm worried about the choppa. When they come out we are going to lose like 80% of our blorks

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You should try running memtest *just to be sure*, if the game keeps crashing a lot. I didn't think anything was wrong with my system, had 8GB of brand new Corsair ram, and it turns out one of them was a bad stick.

About memtest86+
    http://www.memtest.org/
    Download an ISO, burn it to disc and boot from it - starts the test automatically, let it run through and if anything is wrong you'll see the errors highlighted in red. Also read the FAQ it helps to learn what exactly you're testing.

Fryhole on
  • Options
    malkothmalkoth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    black orcs are the shiznit, i have one up to 26 right now and i dont think i ever want to play anything else. nothing makes you feel like a complete badass like taking on 4 or 5 order at a time(not saying you'll win or anything... just that it takes them that much effort to bring you down)

malkoth on
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind." - Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Also, I've been out of the loop so what's the deal with the Dark Crag server - did some of the mouths move over to that for better destro RvR & Scenario que times? I know REM was at least horrible when it came to destro SCs.

Always had good experiences on Badlands order.

Fryhole on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fryhole wrote: »
    Also, I've been out of the loop so what's the deal with the Dark Crag server - did some of the mouths move over to that for better destro RvR & Scenario que times? I know REM was at least horrible when it came to destro SCs.

Pretty much, this is the case.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Fryhole wrote: »

Pretty much, this is the case.

We're rolling with some of Robot's guys in Dem Undead Boyz. And getting Scenario pops in seconds. In T1. At 11pm PST.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I think the problem is either Digsby or Opera. After closing both I noticed a significant improvement. I'll see if either has an update and then try with that, but so far I Think the problem might be solved.

Also I just had the best-god-damn-rip-snorting-cowboy-shootin-good-time in an Erkund. Order rolled us back really fast and it was like 80-300. We pushed back and took the center. In the center I went into Squig Armor and after we took it I rushed up. We took their closest point and at this time it was like. 300-400. A WE, Me, and some sort of healer (Did not see them but I was getting heals) went ot their starting ramp and the WE and I killed at least 8-12 people while there.

We came back from a huge disadvantage to WIN. So awesome.

I'm going to take a break for now but I'll be back on in an hour or so if someone wants to group.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I really, really like all of the T1 scenarios.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I really like T4 scenarios, mainly because of one awesome Serpent's Passage in which we just spent the entire time farming destruction. In the end my little Swordmaster had 91 total kills, 0 deaths, 10,023 Renown and ~39,000 damage (considering I was level 29 and the enemy was all 37-40).

Invisible on
  • Options
    SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Invisible wrote: »
    I really like T4 scenarios, mainly because of one awesome Serpent's Passage in which we just spent the entire time farming destruction. In the end my little Swordmaster had 91 total kills, 0 deaths, 10,023 Renown and ~39,000 damage (considering I was level 29 and the enemy was all 37-40).

It becomes a lot less fun when you are the side being camped. Serpent's passage is really pretty awful in my opinion. Ranks right up there with Black Fire Basin or whatever, and the T2 Elf one. Oh and the god awful cave scenario in T4 that I will never ever play ever again. Any scenario where you can be completelly bottled up into your spawn is bound to be a camp fest. Then combine that with out of bounds rules that are stupid and arbitrary and you have a recipe for fail.

Saammiel on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The more people stuck in the Idle Hands zone, the farther the guards vision/range is? Solved.edit: OR make seige weapons at every outpost. It seems stupid that the only SC i've played that had siege weapons is Pheonix Gate. Its such a fun addition and could really help to protect from spawn camping.

Getting camped in spawn blows, especially in SCs where there is no real room for backdoor like SP. Sure you can go under the rock arch to go the back way, but thats too close to the spawn.

In Nord the backdoor route is so far away from the spawn it can actually work.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Gates of Ekrund is the only scenario I know of to include a functioning orc-a-pult and as such is the best scenario by default.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
This discussion has been closed.