Options

[WAR] This thread has seen the end of its slays.

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Haha, glad to see I was playin with a PAer! Thank you for the heals. I was just tryin to be funny with my comment, we were putting up a good fight that round and I was like level 4. In that situation where I got killed by a DoT one zealot was actually healing another who was probably flash healing himself.

If you're on today we should wreck some shop. I don't expect anything more than a hot every 15 or so seconds.<3
    Morskittar wrote: »
    So what's the verdict on DC thus far?

REM was great last night, but it was only three Mouths in a huge PUG and alliance warband.

Starman - gobbos are supposed to die. It's the natural order of things.

I really like DC so far in T1. Everyone on the server seems nice and most people seem to know how to play. Have we discussed any more ideas on DC guilding or something to keep us all together as a unit?

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ToefooToefoo Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Toefoo wrote: »
    Gah, I got so tired of the healers doing a piss-poor job that I ended up rolling a Shaman. He's already lvl 6 so I'll be caught up to my BO soon. Luckily for me, classes are late tomorrow night and I got this case of Rolling Rock to finish 8-)
    haha this is going to be great
    now you're going to understand first hand how healers always get grief from their own side about not healing enough you thankless piece of shit

I've already played a DoK to 12, so I already know about the complaining (and the people not pulling DPS off of you and letting you die). But in T1 there has been barely any healers, and the only ones we had ended the game with literally less than 10k in heals. Trust me, I'm not ungrateful, I know when someone is healing their ass off and I don't think I've ever announced out loud: "hey, where are the heals?!"

Kind of out of line there, don't you think? Shit.

Toefoo on
    PSN: Soultics
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So, over the last week I've been playing on REM a bit with my brother (who's on a trial I sent him). Figured I give him a little taste of WaR.

Either we've been playing at the wrong times, or T1's been pretty dead. I havn't seen a scenario pop once, and whenever it seems like there's oRvR going on, by the time we hustle up to the warcamp everyone's gone. D:

The only renown we've gotten is when Destro did the whole zone-flip/max out Victory points thing to give everyone in the zone some.

Some random idea I had that could help the T1 blues would be to lift TF2's arena mode. It wouldn't be something you could queue for, but it'd show up if there's not enough players queued to actually pop one after a amount of time. (Maybe 10 minutes?) Close-quarters fighting, no respawns, last team standing wins a round. After a few minutes, if no team's won, maybe enable a BO that can be captured to win it. When players queue in that tier and there's a Arena going on (...It needs a better name. Maybe Battlepits?), it'll send the players into it instead, and the number of players per team will keep going up until there's enough players to start a scenario. When there is enough, maybe have a window pop up that would give everyone a chance to vote for a scenario, and then everyone gets dumped into that scenario instead.

It'd, at the very minimum, get people fighin' (without having to wander a empty RvR lake and hope to run into a enemy player). And fightin's what it's all about, isn't it?

Maybe have the scenario icon go red if there's a Battlepit going on, as if to say, "Click this to fight mans. You want to fight, don't you, 'ya gob?"

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey jma, or anyone that got a Comic Con Key. I put the one jma gave me and when it said which account I wnated to apply it to, the option with the little dot said

??id.417??

Anyone else get that? I'm kinda afraid to apply it and waste the code.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2009
    Yeah I got that and applied it. I'm assuming its just a placeholder for now. You'll also get a confirmation email about the update made to your account so if it is an issue you can harass them about it with documentation.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    jma820jma820 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    if you want i can email you a pic of the actual card with the code on it, but i dont think it's a big deal though. Back to work!

jma820 on
    Signature
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Does it show in your "Features" robot?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    jma820 wrote: »
    if you want i can email you a pic of the actual card with the code on it, but i dont think it's a big deal though. Back to work!

Oh no the code works, it just doesn't have the right info for where it should be applied to. Instead of saying the name of my account it's points to a bad reference ID.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It says this in my Features:

??id.417??
    ??id.418??

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ah I assume that is what mine will say then. Did you get anything in your game mail? Or nothing until Choppa Day?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, mine has that id.417 thing.

I'm figuring it's just a bug, and they'll change what it says eventually.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

I really like DC so far in T1. Everyone on the server seems nice and most people seem to know how to play. Have we discussed any more ideas on DC guilding or something to keep us all together as a unit?

I like the idea of jumping into Robots' buddies' alt guild or doing a really focused iteration of TSM and rolling a bit more hardcore (maybe with raid nights that match the Undead Lords') than previously.

I'm at a point where I'd love to commit to a night or two and have a really small, focused squad. Of badassery. Whether we do this under an Undead Lords tag or TSM tag isn't too important.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    MoistMoist Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Anyone with a trial invite for euroland servers? I wants to smash me some stunties.

Euro Pa guild is still karak eight peaks right?

Moist on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I like the idea of jumping into Robots' buddies' alt guild or doing a really focused iteration of TSM and rolling a bit more hardcore (maybe with raid nights that match the Undead Lords') than previously.

I'm at a point where I'd love to commit to a night or two and have a really small, focused squad. Of badassery. Whether we do this under an Undead Lords tag or TSM tag isn't too important.

You have my swords of badassery! Going with UL would be easier, but I'm up for anything.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

You have my swords of badassery! Going with UL would be easier, but I'm up for anything.

My choppas of choppiness are in as well, as soon as the Choppa launches, anyway.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    manji wrote: »
    aye, the other side of the coin is the tanks aren't getting heals cos the healers are dead on account of no guards and no-one keeping witch hunters off them. fun times for you...

Nothing says "Why did I reroll a healer" quite as loudly as playing an Ekrund's scenario where the lone tank on the team rushes past the uncapped middle flag out of healing range and into a sea of red names only to get instagibbed and then ragequit after ranting "If I don't get heals, I don't fucking play!" in scenario chat.

Good times.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Let's do a rollcall of badassery. Quote for great killings (and get your pen ready, Robot).

Name - Career - Character
    Timezone - Days/Times

---

Morskittar - Magus - Rylaht
    PST - Sunday night plus other on limited basis

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    problem right now is playing a healer in t1 or t2 is often playing the lone healer. its impossible to heal anyone through the opposing teams focus fire and you draw mdps like a magnet. yet strangely your own team expect you to work miracles whilst they faceroll their keyboards...

i have a lot of love for ekrund, even though it always plays the same way for destro - all charge into the middle flag to fight, get annihilated by rdps on the ledge and fail to make a dent on orders mdps as all the healers are sitting pretty up there too...

manji on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Also you have to log in to make edits, but otherwise should be viewable

Unknown User on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    well aren't you a clever little monkey?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Says "View Only" to me, but maybe that's because you're editing it right now.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Let's do a rollcall of badassery. Quote for great killings (and get your pen ready, Robot).

Name - Career - Character
    Timezone - Days/Times

---

Morskittar - Magus - Rylaht
    PST - Sunday night plus other on limited basis

übergeek - DoK - Sarteck - Lv 9
    Eastern - Anytime after 5 to about Midnight.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    although I don't understand what the UDL event night column is for

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Try now, I just changed the editing

Unknown User on
  • Options
    meekermeeker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bah, Google docs is blocked at work.

meeker - DoK - Jevion R10

CST 10PM-1AM

meeker on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    Just posting to say my NYCC code also has the funky symbols in my account.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    we have guild events on sunday and thursday, so if you can only play two days a week those would be good days. It's when we try and get the most people logged in to play and crush RvR and also order dudes.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Could you get a NYCC code for me too? :o

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    What colors should we be using on armor?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey all, I'm getting a little more bored with WoW and I've got a newly upgraded computer - any chance I could get a trial invite PM'd to me?

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Some new info from NYCC, one of the first things that jumps out is keeps getting additional ramps/stairs. Rest of the post linked below.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248266

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey all, I'm getting a little more bored with WoW and I've got a newly upgraded computer - any chance I could get a trial invite PM'd to me?

PM me your e-mail address.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    ToefooToefoo Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Played a good number of games between homework/study breaks today. I'm liking Shaman much more than BO in RvR. I guess I'm never going to escape the healing role I end up taking in every MMO I play, no matter how hard I try.

Toefoo on
    PSN: Soultics
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    hey robo, what's the name of the guild on DC?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Give me a sec, I have some I can use.

EDIT Curses! I was beat'd.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    CodersigmaCodersigma Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »
    manji wrote: »
    aye, the other side of the coin is the tanks aren't getting heals cos the healers are dead on account of no guards and no-one keeping witch hunters off them. fun times for you...

Nothing says "Why did I reroll a healer" quite as loudly as playing an Ekrund's scenario where the lone tank on the team rushes past the uncapped middle flag out of healing range and into a sea of red names only to get instagibbed and then ragequit after ranting "If I don't get heals, I don't fucking play!" in scenario chat.

Good times.

I actually had an Ekrund where a level 11 Sword and Shield Chosen did almost the exact same thing except he floated in and out of heal range and was able to mitigate so much damage that it felt like only HOTS were needed to keep him up. That guy pretty much won that game by himself. This game was memorable as it was one of the two wins (the other being the "what's a gobbo got to do" game) versus something like 6-7 losses I had in Ekrund on Sunday night.

Codersigma on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    hey robo, what's the name of the guild on DC?

my guild is Undead Lords

will probably put everyone on the alt tag until tier 4, Dem Undead Boyz

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Dem Undead Boyz is the alt guild?
    if you're on tonight I'll send you a tell for an inv

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Could you get a NYCC code for me too? :o

Or anyone else for that matter?

Pwease? :<

Lucky Cynic on
This discussion has been closed.