As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mini-Phalla(GAME OVER)There is no more Church in my [Chat]

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    awww I didn't know that I haven't played Phalla in a while

I'm sowee laOs

!LaOs

I still don't want to conform and vote for Leitner though

his avvy is Helo! HOW CAN I

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    awww I didn't know that I haven't played Phalla in a while

I'm sowee laOs

!LaOs

I still don't want to conform and vote for Leitner though

his avvy is Helo! HOW CAN I

Oh, don't sweat it.

I've survived long into the endgame in past games, too. Heck, I've been a Baddie once or twice. I just take my Phallas as they come, Day 1 deaths included.

But thanks for retracting; I appreciate it, Hakkekage.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So, to make Powerpuppies feel better about [Chat], I'll vote for him.

Just like that.

LaOs on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Man what is this bullshit? Preach and I were the old school Church mockers. We started that when half of [chat] were still buying his story and telling us not to be dicks, and you're trying to vote me off? I think that says a hell of a lot.

Leitner on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Leitner wrote: »
    Man what is this bullshit? Preach and I were the old school Church mockers. We started that when half of [chat] were still buying his story and telling us not to be dicks, and you're trying to vote me off? I think that says a hell of a lot.
    What better cover than that?

Oh hey, out of curiosity, do any of you happen to do heroin but think you can stop any time you want? Anybody?

I mean, just curious.

No Obs, I'm not Church.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    We're gonna get a traffic jam from all these bandwagons flying around here.

Thing is, first day votes are always a little arbitrary. What have we got to go on, really?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Thing is, first day votes are always a little arbitrary. What have we got to go on, really?

If we send votes flying around and grasping at every single straw we get, we're bound to reach an agreement on who should be voted off and why. But do we have the time and mind and activity for it, that I'm not sure.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

There's only been one bandwagon this game so far. There was, at most, if you stretch it, one other small one on Powerpuppies, but it was only two votes strong and doesn't really count.

Day 1 is Day 1, though, and this is Phalla...:rotate:

LaOs on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Oh hey, out of curiosity, do any of you happen to do heroin but think you can stop any time you want? Anybody?

I mean, just curious.

No Obs, I'm not Church.

There is no way Obs is church, he's far too obvious a target. No, i think it's someone a bit more subtle who is our chechnyian child soldier.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Would "Obs sent me a PM asking me if I was Church" count as something to go on?

On the one hand, I'm not sure how much phalla he plays, so it could mean nothing.

On the other hand, he could be making a clumsy attempt to throw me/us off his trail.

On the other other hand, he's Obs.

So yeah, not sure what to think about this, kids.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    He sent one out to everyone. I think it's just Obs being Obs....

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Jokerman wrote: »
    He's like that guy who gets high and drunk before playing poker with you. He's impossible to read.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I mean, just curious.

No Obs, I'm not Church.

There is no way Obs is church, he's far too obvious a target. No, i think it's someone a bit more subtle who is our chechnyian child soldier.

It's likely that Church was randomly distributed amongst the players precisely to avoid this sort of meta-gaming.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Would "Obs sent me a PM asking me if I was Church" count as something to go on?

On the one hand, I'm not sure how much phalla he plays, so it could mean nothing.

On the other hand, he could be making a clumsy attempt to throw me/us off his trail.

On the other other hand, he's Obs.

So yeah, not sure what to think about this, kids.

I'd think nothing of it, as it's likely he sent one to everyone. I don't understand what people hope to accomplish doing that, especially on Day 1.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    He's like that guy who gets high and drunk before playing poker with you. He's impossible to read.

But all sorts of fun to take money from.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Should... should we be voting off Obs?

I think so... But then.. :|

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Should... should we be voting off Obs?

I think so... But then.. :|

Right now it looks like Leitner's our man. But, the lead is small, the total number of votes for him is small, and there's still just under half the players left to vote at all.

And, there's like six hours left to the end of the Day. We're good yet.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Puppies has the lead over me doesn't he? And it'd be a real bad idea to vote me off for the record. I can actually lend flavour to this game, and pick up on the subtle clues in a way non-[chatters] probably can't.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Puppies has the lead over me doesn't he?

Hahah, no.

Vote Count:
    Leitner - 4
    Powerpuppies - 2
    Obs - 1

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Huh is that so? Well !Powerpuppies.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I don't know, Leitner. Awfully defensive.

Something to... hide?!

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    LaOs wrote: »

I mean, just curious.

No Obs, I'm not Church.

It's likely that Church was randomly distributed amongst the players precisely to avoid this sort of meta-gaming.

Maybe so, but i still think sabs would think twice before making mr obvious church....

mater of fact, i bet obs is playing as himself...

his special tallent? to be put on quids sig.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    ObsObs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    You know what would be a cool special talent? Getting banned. Putting yourself out of the game and making it seem like you were killed.

Obs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I don't know, Leitner. Awfully defensive.

Something to... hide?!

Pretty shady there...

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    What would be the protocol if it were, hypothetically, revealed that someone, who may or may not be Obs, may or may not have PMed someone, who may or may not be me, and may or may not have asked, "If you were Church, who would you kill?"

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

I mean, just curious.

No Obs, I'm not Church.

Hosts gave up on actively choosing which players get what roles because of this a long time ago. I agree the roles had to have been randomly distributed.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    gundam470 wrote: »

I mean, just curious.

No Obs, I'm not Church.

Hosts gave up on actively choosing which players get what roles because of this a long time ago. I agree the roles had to have been randomly distributed.

When I said it was likely, I meant that I believe it to be absolutely true.

It's not like Sabs hasn't hosted anything before. He knows what's what.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    What would be the protocol if it were, hypothetically, revealed that someone, who may or may not be Obs, may or may not have PMed someone, who may or may not be me, and may or may not have asked, "If you were Church, who would you kill?"

Would you rather have me post the entire conversation?

Because I don't think it works to your benefit.

Obs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Obs wrote: »

In fact, I would be pleased.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm going to give Leitner the benefit of the doubt on being defensive because it's day one and no one wants to be the first one out.

My vote is going to have to go to !Obs. I too got a pm from him and if he's not evil, he has the chance to get the village way off track if he doesn't curtail his aggressiveness.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I'm interested in that conversation.

It might liven things up here a bit, too. Pull those lurkers out of hiding and get out the vote!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Obs wrote:
    Obs wrote:
    Obs wrote:
    are you church?

That's a remarkably forward question. If you want any kind of information about who I am, I'll need to know who you are first.

You can't just ask flat out who someone is. It doesn't work no matter what.

If I'm good, and you're bad, and I tell you, you can kill me, and trick me even.

And if I'm bad, and you're good, It will be even worse for me.

Every word you say to me gives me information.

How do you think the real Church of the game would respond to that question?

I haven't given you any information. You're acting like if Peewee Herman were a detective.

See, that's what you think.

If you were Church, who would you kill?

Why ask me? New to phalla? And you're Church, but you don't know how to act or what you should do? So you're fishing around for hints and answers?

Obs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If anything there's but one line which may or may not sound suspicious.

Problem is, if I were under the suspicion myself that you were bad, of course I would drop the subtlest of hints that I may be bad as well, to get you to trust me. It worked on werehippy in the fashion phalla so long ago, though I doubt anyone remembers.

However, I also realize that if I were bad, I would do the same thing, seeking friends, and then post this as defense of my actions.

C'est la vie.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Of all the people I asked this question, you are the one making the most noise out of it.

And I ask, why?

Obs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Of all the people I asked this question, you are the one making the most noise out of it.

And I ask, why?

Because it's suspicious!

But to be a little more frank, I'm trying to make just a little noise. There are like 5 people posting, and it's only day 1.

If no one said anything, then nothing at all would be learned. If you get a lot of people talking a lot, then perhaps they'll slip up and say something... weird. Or they'll completely contradict themselves later.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

And I ask, why?

Because it's suspicious!

But to be a little more frank, I'm trying to make just a little noise. There are like 5 people posting, and it's only day 1.

If no one said anything, then nothing at all would be learned. If you get a lot of people talking a lot, then perhaps they'll slip up and say something... weird. Or they'll completely contradict themselves later.

If you wanted to make noise, doing it within a private conversation between you and me was a bad way to do it. You had no reason to believe this would go public later. You're contradicting yourself already.

That doesn't mean you should be killed yet though.

Obs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    This is tricky, because I too have recieved an PM from Obs, asking if i was church.

I am intrigued, because he offered an alliance to me. If he had an alliance with everyone, who would he vote off the island?

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Honestly, I don't think I plan on voting for anyone tonight anyway. I'm not going to be blamed for [strike]booting[/strike] killing an innocent.

Obs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If you wanted to make noise, doing it within a private conversation between you and me was a bad way to do it.

Not in the least. I'm still fishing for myself, at least. And on day 1, what else have I got?

You had no reason to believe this would go public later.

Except the part where I made it public just a few minutes ago? You seem awfully quick to point fingers without fully considering the situation. Highly suspect.

You're contradicting yourself already.

Exactly the kind of diversion tactic a guilty person would try to use.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    This is tricky, because I too have recieved an PM from Obs, asking if i was church.

I am intrigued, because he offered an alliance to me. If he had an alliance with everyone, who would he vote off the island?

I never got the alliance offer, if that means anything.

JamesKeenan on