As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hotel Suggestions? PAX RATE IS GO! LINK ON PAGE 5

124»

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think usually hotels are a bit loose on the "how many people can *actually* be in there" front. Feel free to correct/scold me if I'm wrong, but I've never had a hotel complain to me before because there were 2 (or even 3) more people in a hotel room than the occupancy listing. I think they'd complain if there was some problem as a result (excessive noise etc...).

But again, feel free to correct if anyone has experienced undesirable confrontations with the hotels on a "how many people can fit" situation.

Also, Parabola, ^5 fellow Hyatt goer! =) Are you on the Twitter thread? We may be remaking our reservations to join the TS Group that Chelseabot is creating so that we all get grouped together if possible, so if you're not following the twitter thread already get on that! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yay! Booked in Hyatt, leaving on Labor Day Monday. Thanks Mr Khoo!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

edited March 2009
    Ah, so you ARE coming Kropotkin? Fantastic! =)=) That's good to hear! =) We'll have to actually meet up and have that beer sometime, hopefully this time around will be less hectic for both of us than last years' was =)

VThornheart on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2009
    Woo, booked for the Hyatt

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    wow that's a bunch of people for the Hyatt already. Too bad we couldn't all request the same floor when we check in :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    beowuff wrote: »
    The only thing that confused me was that the Hyatt says you can only have double occupancy in a room with two beds... Why can't there be 3 people in a room with two beds???

Im also not sure why i cant place 2 people into a deluxe king room. It says its for single occupancy only. anyone have ideas?

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
    edited March 2009
    Like I was saying before (and again, I could be mistaken, but I've been in a lot of hotels in my years on this planet =) ), I've never seen a hotel complain about overoccupancy... and I've only ever heard of it happening 2nd hand when it's both overcrowded AND the noise being made is annoying other hotel-goers. You should be okay putting 3 people in a 2 bed, or 2 people in a deluxe king, I can't imagine anyone giving you grief for that.

But again, as a disclaimer, I'm not the law on this subject... just stating what I've observed over the years. =)

VThornheart on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What is confusing is that the Sheraton advertises a single occupancy 2 double bed rate. It's like they're begging me to abuse that.

ASimPerson on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I agree with VT. My group had 7 people last year at the Red Lion, in a really small room, but we never had or caused a single problem. We really shouldn't worry about it, at least I'm not going to.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited March 2009
    Rather, do you think the single occupancy deluxe king room in the hyatt might be uncomfortable for 2 people? perhaps its a really tiny room with one bed. That just seems ridiculous to me, though.

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rather, do you think the single occupancy deluxe king room in the hyatt might be uncomfortable for 2 people? perhaps its a really tiny room with one bed. That just seems ridiculous to me, though.

Most Hyatt rooms are pretty large. The Hyatt in DC and in San Antonio both can sleep about 4 people despite saying single occupancy.

MaoChan on
    edited March 2009
    Yeah most if not all of the rooms should be able to accommodate at least 4 people comfortably.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited March 2009
    Last year (Thanks BioWare! =) ) I had the single King room in the Hyatt. The thing was definitely bigger than any hotel room I'd ever slept in before, short of when my wife and I went to SF for a couple of days after we got married but before our real honeymoon began. I know of at least ten occasions in my life where we comfortably crammed six people into a hotel room that was probably half that size. =)

The trick is that people have to be okay with sleeping on the floor at that point. =)

VThornheart on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Alright, booking up at the Sheraton tonight when I'm home.

George Fornby Grill on
  • starlitestarlite Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I just booked the Red Lion for quad occupancy. I don't think it's cool that they can charge 164/night for 2 people or 204 for 4 people. I was going to just reserve 2 people but they cannot guarantee that you won't get one king bed, so I just booked the 204 rate. I called the travel desk about the Hyatt, and she said the double beds are "SMALLER than full size beds."

Red Lion ftw with 2 queens and all newly renovated rooms as of this summer, and free wifi. :lol:

starlite on
    edited March 2009
    Yeah I stayed at the Red Lion last year, and it's already a pretty nice place, except for the fairly small rooms. I can only imagine how much nicer they will be after renovation. The free wi-fi helped us out a lot too, what with the uploading of the Red vs Blue video on Friday night. :P

The Hyatt has free wi-fi too though, and that's good enough for me. They should have ethernet too, the Red Lion did.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I highly recommend the Grand Hyatt.

You wont be spending THAT much time at your hotel, so cheaper the better. $169 is ridiculously cheap. Also their pillows are amazingly comfortable. When I did sleep at PAX i slept wonderfully. Also the guys that work the concierge desk are amazing. One of the guys got me priority access to the Chesecake Factory.

The one negative is that it's the "quiet" hotel.

parabola on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    am i the only one that booked at the homewood suites?

maybe i should change the reservation :(

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    edited March 2009
    Well you certain could join all the cool people in the Hyatt :P

But it's still early, and I've heard the Homewood Suites is still pretty nice too.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What hotel has the biggest rooms? Like, something that could fit at least 4 people.

George Fornby Grill on
  • DopeskiDopeski Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What hotel has the biggest rooms? Like, something that could fit at least 4 people.

My group of 5 people are staying at the Homewood Suites. They offer "suites" which are pretty much two rooms put together. We managed to get a room with one King Size bed. Unfortunately none of the Two Queen size bed rooms were available. However, each suite has a couch in it and the couch folds out to a queen size bed. They also offer cots for no cost. I also booked it because it comes with a fridge and stove top. Last year we found it hard to find food in Seattle late at night so this time we'll be making it ourselves. :)

Dopeski on
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    awww crap I forgot my credit card was stolen and I don't have a number.

stupid mail hurry up!

futility on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yayness!

P.S. Boo for going live the day before Comic-Con's Hotel Registration!

P.P.S. But still super yayness!

Edit to add: Due to me, at this point in time, being the only one with income; The Boyfriend and I shall be staying at once again the Sheraton.

And super-rockness for being a total of $50 cheaper than the Government rate. And even more so for only doing a one-night deposit for now. Yippee!

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    edited March 2009
    parabola wrote: »

You wont be spending THAT much time at your hotel, so cheaper the better. $169 is ridiculously cheap. Also their pillows are amazingly comfortable. When I did sleep at PAX i slept wonderfully. Also the guys that work the concierge desk are amazing. One of the guys got me priority access to the Chesecake Factory.

Was the quiet hotel. It seems to be the popular choice this year, and likely has a larger block than last year. The Hyatt is about to take the place of the Sheraton as preferred hotel, if trends continue.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited March 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    parabola wrote: »

Was the quiet hotel. It seems to be the popular choice this year, and likely has a larger block than last year. The Hyatt is about to take the place of the Sheraton as preferred hotel, if trends continue.

grumble grumble, i was looking forward to the quiet bit. its also in the top 10 for tripadvisor seattle hotels. i guess im off to the hilton.

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • GodmeatGodmeat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    has anyone stayed at the hilton seattle? i have a hilton honors account and cant decide between the homewood suites or the hilton

i stayed at the Hilton proper in 2007. it was a terrible hotel (for the price). Homewood Suites, on the other hand, is the best hotel i've ever been in, regardless of price.

Godmeat on
    edited March 2009
    Godmeat wrote: »
    has anyone stayed at the hilton seattle? i have a hilton honors account and cant decide between the homewood suites or the hilton

i stayed at the Hilton proper in 2007. it was a terrible hotel (for the price). Homewood Suites, on the other hand, is the best hotel i've ever been in, regardless of price.

gahh, oh noes. Perhaps ill consider the homewood suites.

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    They mention "Early Arrival" and "Early Departure" on the site...

Last year, we drove from Spokane, and it took about five hours to get to Seattle, and we arrived somewhere around 1 PM... where the hell would that fall under?

mrsnackroad on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I believe early arrival?

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I believe early arrival?

As good a guess as any I've got - booked for the Hilton!

mrsnackroad on
    edited March 2009
    New hotel discussion thread with poll
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=85784
    with zazz

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.