Options

Street Fighter IV! I want to be the very best, like noone ever was!

• Options
    thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tommatt wrote: »
    So, after beating a 17000 boxer (somehow i've also faced a 17000 ken which I beat easily) I got perfected and almost double perfected by a 600 ryu :/
    Seems like one too many zeros there.
    Woo I received my first abuse! Apparently I'm a 'fucking spammy cunt'. This was Ken (him) vs Bison (me). He just barely beat me in the first round (had no life left in his bar). Second round I perfected him and the third I just jumped on his head over and over again, which I think is what pissed him off
    ^5! Broke your hate mail cherry!

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    wonderpug wrote: »
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    StokedUp wrote: »
    Fuerte has an infinite? Is it like Fei longs versus Abel?

as in vs anyone. look for El Fuerte RSF on youtube

That's not an infinite, that's just a combo.

It's both. As long as you don't screw things up you can keep the combo going forever. It's just that the damage scaling makes further hits less and less useful after the first 3 or 4. The timing is pretty tough, though. The most I've seen anyone pull off in a video is 9 hits.

I thought something like 6-7 reps of this would cause dizzy?

Anyway, pretty cool Seth combo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ7Y0VFOA0g

at 1:26. Makes me want to learn Seth but god, he takes damage like a girl :(

aBlank on
  • Options
    SkullOmaniaSkullOmania Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tommatt wrote: »
    So, after beating a 17000 boxer (somehow i've also faced a 17000 ken which I beat easily) I got perfected and almost double perfected by a 600 ryu :/
    Seems like one too many zeros there.
    Woo I received my first abuse! Apparently I'm a 'fucking spammy cunt'. This was Ken (him) vs Bison (me). He just barely beat me in the first round (had no life left in his bar). Second round I perfected him and the third I just jumped on his head over and over again, which I think is what pissed him off
    ^5! Broke your hate mail cherry!

It's funny cause the first few times I got a message after a match I assumed it would be hate mail but instead it was people saying 'gg'. I was pleasantly surprised, until now of course.

SkullOmania on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i fought a guy who pulled the fuerte infinite on me, usually for three to five hits.

the player match went 14-7 wins in his favour, and i was up to 4:30 am fighting him because i HAD to get "just one more win"

he friended me afterward because he was a rad dude

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think a true HD Remix of MvC2 would be impossibly expensive and time-consuming to redraw all those sprites. SFII HD Remix was delayed several times because of redrawing the sprites, and that had 17 characters vs. MvC2 which has what, 65+?

Besides, I think it has aged much better than SFII Turbo, I would be ecstatic just to have the original game w/ character balancing. I wouldn't mind the character store if you could get monies from fighting online.

Honestly, I know they can't do an HD Remix for it, but I'd love it if they replaced the shitty background stages and music with stuff from, I dunno, other games in the Vs. series.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Daedalus wrote: »
    I think a true HD Remix of MvC2 would be impossibly expensive and time-consuming to redraw all those sprites. SFII HD Remix was delayed several times because of redrawing the sprites, and that had 17 characters vs. MvC2 which has what, 65+?

Besides, I think it has aged much better than SFII Turbo, I would be ecstatic just to have the original game w/ character balancing. I wouldn't mind the character store if you could get monies from fighting online.

Honestly, I know they can't do an HD Remix for it, but I'd love it if they replaced the shitty background stages and music with stuff from, I dunno, other games in the Vs. series.

Man, I've been watching some MvC2 EVO matches...Cable is such a bullshit character. I just watched a guy get supered 3 times in a row for a 120+ hit combo, almost had full health and he died.

When I played MvC2 on the Dreamcast we played it like a Street Fighter game and it was glorious. None of that crazy shit going on, minimal assists, etc...I know this isn't really how it's supposed to be played but we had a blast.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Maaaan, SF4 has what, like 20 characters? Ive learned to fight well enough with 2 or 3. How do you learn 65 characters?! geezuz

Oh yeah and i just got my ASS kicked by an actually GOOD Ken player. He was just on another level of competition, wow. Took me by surprise.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Maaaan, SF4 has what, like 20 characters? Ive learned to fight well enough with 2 or 3. How do you learn 65 characters?! geezuz

Oh yeah and i just got my ASS kicked by an actually GOOD Ken player. He was just on another level of competition, wow. Took me by surprise.

At least 40 of those characters (maybe even 50) are worthless. Seriously, 2 Wolverines? Really? :\

aBlank on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    I just played the toughest person I've ever played in my life- they were Chun-Li and they tripled perfect'd me. They had 600 bp.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Blowflu wrote: »
    I love this game. Since Akuma wasn't unlocked in the original roster, I started playing my secondary from SF Alpha 3. Which happened to be the insanely buffed Sagat. I've been doing ok online (1,500 - 1,600 BP) but I have a few questions:

1.) How/when do I get to stop playing all these 500bp and lower players? I HATE winning 4-5 matches in a row only to be barely beaten by a flowchart Ken and lose 100bp.

2.) Any of you Sagats out there have a way to deal with those pesky Kens? I feel like a retard, but that Flame SRK Ken throws hits me more often than I'd like to admit, and people who win by spamming it piss me off a lot. Block low and throw? Hit em during the jump with forward + FK?

For that matter, I'd love to play some really good Sagat players. I will be taking a break from video games this next month, but I'll be playing this game pretty much all summer. I'd love to learn some good combos and other tricks.

EDIT: Just read my messages today. This one guy bitched at me for spamming tiger shot: "lern another move you faggot". There's something very satisfying about tiger spamming someone to death.

Well I "used" to play a mean Sagat, but my game is a bit rusty. Nonetheless, blocking a SRK should be easy and natural. You must mix up your attacks and youll learn when noobs use SRKs and youll be ready. Dont just block and throw! You are not punishing enough, especially with Sagat!. Learn to time it so when he lands you catch him with a mediumkick>Tiger anything combo (EX tiger knee, uppercut or shot). If you have your super, combo into it right then. Also when you get good and theres not much lag, you can step back, then step high kick (twice if your good) into his ultra. This has the potential to completely destroy over half his life bar and turn the match around. All i can say is get all his trial combos down and learn some of his tricks and so on. Oh yeah and learn to crossup with Sagat. His crossup combo is simple yet VERY DAMAGING!

Oh yeah and Tiger Spamming is fine when trying to win a fireball war or just for putting medium to far pressure but learn not to rely on it 100% or else you will get smacked down by experienced players.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    aBlank wrote: »

At least 40 of those characters (maybe even 50) are worthless. Seriously, 2 Wolverines? Really? :\

Well, I think how "worthless" some of them depends on your level of play. In a tournament, yeah, but playing for fun? Naahhh.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, I've been watching some MvC2 EVO matches...Cable is such a bullshit character. I just watched a guy get supered 3 times in a row for a 120+ hit combo, almost had full health and he died.
    Cable's not even all that good compared to a good Magneto, Storm, and/or Sentinel player. His only claim to the top tier is that repeatable super, and they have to make a pretty big mistake in order for it to work.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yea MvC2 typically is played in some sort of tier system or at least thats how we handled it casually. None of the BS trap teams vs some ones BB Hood, Jin, Jill team (thats one I like to run)

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Aumni wrote: »

There are HD Remix games in the works from Capcom, they mentioned they had 1 or 2 projects in an interview I'm sure is linked here somewhere.

I pray to god one of them is a CvSNK2 HD Remix.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Balrog's turn-around punch is god's gift against fireball spammers.

That start-up invincibility and crazy range is glorious.

edit: Oh man, I just played Capcom vs SNK 2 on the Gamecube. Since the gamecube controller is worthless for these kinds of fighting games, you could do ANY special or super just by hitting a direction on the c-stick. As one of my friends described it, it was awesome in the way that the Special Olympics are awesome.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Balrog's turn-around punch is god's gift against fireball spammers.

That start-up invincibility and crazy range is glorious.

Even better is Headbutting or Turn punching through Ryu's Metsu Hadouken.

I got a few DC's from that.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    BlowfluBlowflu FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Blowflu wrote: »
    I love this game. Since Akuma wasn't unlocked in the original roster, I started playing my secondary from SF Alpha 3. Which happened to be the insanely buffed Sagat. I've been doing ok online (1,500 - 1,600 BP) but I have a few questions:

1.) How/when do I get to stop playing all these 500bp and lower players? I HATE winning 4-5 matches in a row only to be barely beaten by a flowchart Ken and lose 100bp.

2.) Any of you Sagats out there have a way to deal with those pesky Kens? I feel like a retard, but that Flame SRK Ken throws hits me more often than I'd like to admit, and people who win by spamming it piss me off a lot. Block low and throw? Hit em during the jump with forward + FK?

For that matter, I'd love to play some really good Sagat players. I will be taking a break from video games this next month, but I'll be playing this game pretty much all summer. I'd love to learn some good combos and other tricks.

EDIT: Just read my messages today. This one guy bitched at me for spamming tiger shot: "lern another move you faggot". There's something very satisfying about tiger spamming someone to death.

Well I "used" to play a mean Sagat, but my game is a bit rusty. Nonetheless, blocking a SRK should be easy and natural. You must mix up your attacks and youll learn when noobs use SRKs and youll be ready. Dont just block and throw! You are not punishing enough, especially with Sagat!. Learn to time it so when he lands you catch him with a mediumkick>Tiger anything combo (EX tiger knee, uppercut or shot). If you have your super, combo into it right then. Also when you get good and theres not much lag, you can step back, then step high kick (twice if your good) into his ultra. This has the potential to completely destroy over half his life bar and turn the match around. All i can say is get all his trial combos down and learn some of his tricks and so on. Oh yeah and learn to crossup with Sagat. His crossup combo is simple yet VERY DAMAGING!

Oh yeah and Tiger Spamming is fine when trying to win a fireball war or just for putting medium to far pressure but learn not to rely on it 100% or else you will get smacked down by experienced players.

Thanks for the advice. I wish I could be more precise but the 360 controller doesn't have the best layout for SF4 (wish I had a PS3). Combos and mix ups are what seems to be preventing me from completely dominating everyone. And I don't usually tiger spam unless I'm going into turtle mode.

Blowflu on
  • Options
    SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

It's both. As long as you don't screw things up you can keep the combo going forever. It's just that the damage scaling makes further hits less and less useful after the first 3 or 4. The timing is pretty tough, though. The most I've seen anyone pull off in a video is 9 hits.

Seth's hard trial #2 is a really cool combo, looked exactly the same actually.. light SRK into the three head stomps plus the command normal d+HK finish, although it looks like he left out the SRK and just stopped the jump out instead. And it gives you the gold title "Nude and Rude" for bonus awesome points.

Sakeido on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    There are streets, would anyone like to fight in them with me? 360

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I was playing a guy who would knock me down and then try and charge FA to hit me on wakeup over and over. It didn't work but I had a great plan to kill him with Abel's ultra to finish the match and so I hit it perfectly on wakeup as my opponent charged up like he did every time, Abel lunges forward..... and gets hit by the FA. Aaaarrrrrgbullshit.

MarvellousM on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Id love to fight you unsane, forgot your tag tho? My abel is still chillin at 2250 bps

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Sakeido wrote: »

Seth's hard trial #2 is a really cool combo, looked exactly the same actually.. light SRK into the three head stomps plus the command normal d+HK finish, although it looks like he left out the SRK and just stopped the jump out instead. And it gives you the gold title "Nude and Rude" for bonus awesome points.

Yeah, that's the title I've been using for awhile :) I make it a point to tell people I play that my title reflects my current situation.

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    700+ online matches, and I just fought my first Rufus. Some 4500-point one that beat me. Very little idea of what to do against it.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    SabreMau wrote: »
    700+ online matches, and I just fought my first Rufus. Some 4500-point one that beat me. Very little idea of what to do against it.

i fought my first Gen ever the other day. it was brutal, dudes crossups are unreal.

i dont think ive ever met a Rufus in ranked matches.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

The rarest character for me to fight against is Seth. I don't think I've fought against one (or if I did, it didn't leave an impression on me). Dhalsims, Fei Longs, and Roses are also incredibly rare.

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I've fought two Seths so far, and several Gens.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ok, this is getting lame. I've lost about as many matches today than I have in the previous week combined, and am down almost 600 points. Definitely not trying any tournament matches anytime soon.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'll play you if you're on now Sabre.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    jynxycatjynxycat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »

There are HD Remix games in the works from Capcom, they mentioned they had 1 or 2 projects in an interview I'm sure is linked here somewhere.

No doubt. Both games are tired and old, but I'd rather CvS2 than the spam fest that is Marvel.

Honestly, remake 3S with higher res sprites, and I'd be sold.

jynxycat on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    jynxycat wrote: »
    Antihippy wrote: »

No doubt. Both games are tired and old, but I'd rather CvS2 than the spam fest that is Marvel.

Honestly, remake 3S with higher res sprites, and I'd be sold.

Just add the 3S characters to IV and i'll be really happy.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm on PS3.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I was playing a bit of online today for the first time, exclusively as Sakura (both Ranked and Player matches). A lot of good times. Lag hasn't been bad at all, besides a few specific matches (one Vega in particular was very lag-full). No disconnects, yet.

I'm obviously seeing a lot of Ken but I honestly don't mind. I at least know what Ken is going to do. Whenever I fought someone like Fei Long or Blanka, I just didn't know how to deal with it.

Doing pretty well so far, anyway. I'm losing more matches than I'm winning, but not by a lot. I've already learned a lot and I can only get better from here.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm on PS3.

Makes sense!....Nazi!

Aumni on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Who should i third??? hmmm?? you know what i was actually thinking of thirding (?) gouken, or maybe Ryu. lol

Anyways great games today unsane1, your fuerte is gettin trickier and trickier! The only thing i kindof suggest is throwing in more combos here and there. I dunno, im not a fuerte player so who knows.

edit: yeah definitely thinking Gouken or Akuma. They seem like exotic birds that must be tamed...

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    James DekkJames Dekk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8swsuJMpsgQ

Here's a video of my lag hacks squashing DSP.

James Dekk on
    James+Dekk.png
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Well, I think how "worthless" some of them depends on your level of play. In a tournament, yeah, but playing for fun? Naahhh.

I know I always had a blast with my Roll/Dan/Servbot team.

MvC2 never really struck me as a serious, competitive fighting game.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

It is a serious, competitive fighting game, though. At least for people with fast reflexes. It's been played in major tournaments every year this decade (came out in 2000).

SabreMau on
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

It is a serious, competitive fighting game, though. At least for people with fast reflexes. It's been played in major tournaments every year this decade (came out in 2000).

Hyper Viper Beam, Hyper Viper Beam, Hyper Viper Beam!

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I NEED TO PLAY GOOD COMPETITION!

Someone let me know if you want to BATTLE!

Aumni on
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I NEED TO PLAY GOOD COMPETITION!

Someone let me know if you want to BATTLE!

...I might not be able to resist playing again, it's eating me up! So like...maybe later...and stuff.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume