Options

Street Fighter IV! I want to be the very best, like noone ever was!

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLE3WLslLS8

This needs to be linked to the OP.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    SabreMau wrote: »
    So from the film we know who C. Viper is really working for.

At the end of her arcade mode, she says that the 15 have been taken care of, or something to that effect, and that she'll now start/look at the next 26. Any idea what she's talking about?
    That's how many Seths there are.

Seriously? How do you know?

That's pretty messed up, though.

Bison's ending has a bunch of 'em

SabreMau on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Gah I don't know how I missed that; must have tuned out right at the very end.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    There's also Seth's ending where he overthrows another Seth.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    There's also Seth's ending where he overthrows another Seth.

He's the only character I haven't unlocked; not in any hurry, either.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't think Akuma really had the power to destroy that Meteor, but I think we all know who has....
    therealstory.jpg

Snare on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ken's too busy taking care of his baby.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    Octopus MelodyOctopus Melody Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think everyone picks Ken because there's a picture of him in the background when you look for a game online and it creates a subconscious impulse.

Octopus Melody on
  • Options
    SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think it's his gorgeous hair...

Snare on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    dmauro wrote: »
    Tommatt wrote: »
    So, after beating a 17000 boxer (somehow i've also faced a 17000 ken which I beat easily) I got perfected and almost double perfected by a 600 ryu :/

You might have a few extra zeros in there. If not then o_0

Thats what I thought the first time. And I stll thiink it was some werd glitch. But I dd get over a 100 bp for the wn. The first time is when I sent the person a mal that said "I know didn't beat a 17000 ken?" At the same I got something about learning more than one move (All I did was counter SPD to beat him for the most part)

I faced a boxer and I didn't remember his name and didn't think of looking it up, but on the leaderboard the icon matched up. Probably some wierd glitch, or maybe my suckiness confuses top players heh.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    Does Akuma really fit into the entire story? To me it seems like the Akuma/Gouken/Ryu thing is completely seperate from whatever Bison and his crew is doing. I don't even think Bison acknowledges Akuma's existence story-wise, despite the fact that he got killed by him in Street Fighter II.

But he didn't really die, her survived Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu
    Apparently Bison often dies, but keeps getting put into new Bison bodies.

But that's the thing; he acts like it never happened. You'd think he'd be pretty hellbent on obtaining Akuma's body for his own purposes, because demon boy is clearly the stone-cold badass of the series and the strongest fighter in the lineup. If they explained why he wouldn't (or couldn't) do this it'd be fine, but they don't, and it kind of irks me as to why. It's all about Ryu.

And then there's Ken, who despite being arguably the most popular character seems to fall through the cracks story-wise.

You'd think that, but Bison doesn't want a body with only 750 hitpoints.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLE3WLslLS8

This needs to be linked to the OP.

This is awesome. I like how they added sound effects from SFII.

RockinX on
  • Options
    LapineLapine Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is there any Rose in The Ties That Bind? Rose's ending in the game is really dumb.

Lapine on
    PSN: Lapine
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Lapine wrote: »
    Is there any Rose in The Ties That Bind? Everyone's ending in the game is really dumb.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    BansheeBanshee Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Played some Gouken yesterday. I love him. Great character if you're good at anticipating your opponent.

He's got decent pressure with his DP+K, but I'm still not sure about his B&B combos. poking C+Strong -> fireball rarely connects, I'm not sure a jab DP would connect 100% either.

Counter canceled by an EX focus into an ultra is always cool to pull off.

Also, I finished Chun's hard trials this morning. The only hard one is no2, where you have to do jumping RH -> c.forward -> short lighting kick -> c. forward -> super.

The trick I used is : in the corner, connect deep with j.roundhouse . i used the piano technique to get the lignting kick as such : Jumping roundhouse (connects) -> forward (whiffs) -> short (whiffs) -> forward (whiffs) -> c. forward (connects) -> short (the lightning kick comes out). Then wait until the lighting kick is about to end, you can even spam c.forward if you don't want to bother with timing, just don't do it 6 times :) .

/Also, fuck Ken's last trial. Fuck it.

Banshee on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DerigorDerigor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fei Long's ending is still the worst.

Derigor on
    PSN: Derigor
    A hulk's power is jumping.
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I've been playing Gouken consistently for a while now and I just can't make him flow. I can win matches easily enough, I just find it difficult to keep good pressure or perform safe block strings. I usually win by being defensive and reactionary which isn't going to work in higher level play.

stigweard on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Banshee wrote: »
    /Also, fuck Ken's last trial. Fuck it.

I got to the third hard trial before giving up and deciding a regular 360 controller isn't made for these impractical combos. It's annoying how I can do the fourth halfway no problem until I reach a link that's just awkward to do with the damn shoulder buttons.

Anyway, I tried Sagat a few times the other day. Damn, you can play him just like Ken (dude has very similar links) except have ridiculous powerhouse moves to back up to just in case. Connecting an ultra after an ex tiger is such an easy thing to do, his ultra might as well be a regular move.

I'm really confused as to how I beat other Sagats with my Ken now.

Ranced on
  • Options
    King KongKing Kong Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I'm playing some player matches last night as Sagat and I go up against a Ken. No big deal beat the crap out of him go in for, and land, my Ultra. Just as the knee connects power for roughly 5 miles in each direction of my house goes out.

That's right, Sagat's Ultra is so powerful it takes out the power for entire city grids.

King Kong on
  • Options
    LapineLapine Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Is there any Rose in The Ties That Bind? Everyone's ending in the game is really dumb.

I feel like Rose's ending was extra bad, at least most other characters had dumb but positive endings. Then there are some endings that were supposed to be dumb (Dan's, El Fuerte's, Rufus') in order to be funny, which make them okay.

Lapine on
    PSN: Lapine
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Does Akuma really fit into the entire story? To me it seems like the Akuma/Gouken/Ryu thing is completely seperate from whatever Bison and his crew is doing. I don't even think Bison acknowledges Akuma's existence story-wise, despite the fact that he got killed by him in Street Fighter II.

But that's the thing; he acts like it never happened. You'd think he'd be pretty hellbent on obtaining Akuma's body for his own purposes, because demon boy is clearly the stone-cold badass of the series and the strongest fighter in the lineup. If they explained why he wouldn't (or couldn't) do this it'd be fine, but they don't, and it kind of irks me as to why. It's all about Ryu.

And then there's Ken, who despite being arguably the most popular character seems to fall through the cracks story-wise.

You'd think that, but Bison doesn't want a body with only 750 hitpoints.

Bison and Akuma are both obsessed with Ryu: Ryu has the potential to be the strongest fighter ever, etc.

Akuma wants him to unlock his Satsui no Hadou so he will be the strongest he can be and thus a worthy opponent, or something. Bison wants to take his body so he can use the Satsui no Hadou with his own psycho power (whatever that actually is).

I actually think Bison might be the devil, or some kind of classic demon.

Regardless, the shocking twist is that Ryu is stronger if he resists his evil and murderous urges; I don't know if that results in the "power of nothing" like Gouken apparently has, which nullifies the raging demon, or if it would be even stronger.

Street Fighter has a terrible story.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    SludgeFactorySludgeFactory Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Ken's "just been so busy"...too busy in fact for that nonsense. Not too busy to get it on with his wife though :D

SludgeFactory on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »

I feel like Rose's ending was extra bad, at least most other characters had dumb but positive endings. Then there are some endings that were supposed to be dumb (Dan's, El Fuerte's, Rufus') in order to be funny, which make them okay.

Rose's ending was awesome.

"Hello! You are my portable soul-battery. I am going to grab you by the face and drain the life out of you."

That was the only ending that made any impression on me.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Ken's "just been so busy"...too busy in fact for that nonsense. Not too busy to get it on with his wife though :D

Ken's story is a major part of The Ties that Bind. Problem is, it's resolved at the end of the anime, leaving nothing for the game but "Lol hey Ryu let's fight again!"

Houn on
  • Options
    bikkibikkibobikkibikkibo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Houn wrote: »

Ken's story is a major part of The Ties that Bind. Problem is, it's resolved at the end of the anime, leaving nothing for the game but "Lol hey Ryu let's fight again!"

but they are friends! friends battle in the streets all the time.

bikkibikkibo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I couldn't resist today after a few days of non play...I had to unlock Gouken (Which finally worked) and played a few winning ranked. I'm not sure I can kick the addiction, even after being burnt out...maybe I need help. D:

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm pretty new to the game, and not all that good, so when I get a player match and just wail on the guy over and over I feel kind of bad.

I finally had to stop playing Sagat because it was just kind of sad, but he's the only guy I really know all the moves for.

Then he picked Ken a couple times in a row and shoryukened over and over so I went back to Sagat and gave him one last beat down. I guess I should play some ranked games, but I'm not sure how much I care. I like the no presure situation of player matches.

Drool on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I wake up and decide to get in a few rounds of early SFIV.

My third match is a flowchart Ken. He beats me the first round as I play like shit. I smoke him the second round. Third round is close, I'm playing Rufus, he's at a sliver of health and has an ultra ready. I've got him knocked down in the corner. I'm at about max Rufus c.fp distance, so I throw it. He does a wakeup ultra. That's fine and all but it not only clips my hand, the animation jumps from him going into it like 10 feet away with the tip of my fist next to him to me suddenly on top of him while every single shot of his ultra connects.

That's some fucking bullshit.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    FightTest wrote: »

My third match is a flowchart Ken. He beats me the first round as I play like shit. I smoke him the second round. Third round is close, I'm playing Rufus, he's at a sliver of health and has an ultra ready. I've got him knocked down in the corner. I'm at about max Rufus c.fp distance, so I throw it. He does a wakeup ultra. That's fine and all but it not only clips my hand, the animation jumps from him going into it like 10 feet away with the tip of my fist next to him to me suddenly on top of him while every single shot of his ultra connects.

If the first hit of an ultra connects, it usually puts you in the range.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Aumni wrote: »

If the first hit of an ultra connects, it usually puts you in the range.

Yeah, otherwise they'd be useless. Ken's ultra has no range, of course it should punish whatever it connects with.

Ranced on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I wouldn't mind it if Rufus's c.fp wasn't just about the longest range attack in the fucking game, if not the longest. I was nearly a full screen away from him. Then suddenly my fat fucking body is instantly on top of him for every hit.

I wouldn't mind so much if I was using a more up close attack, or if only a few parts of his ultra hit me, but getting teleported in for the dumbshit kick and punch part is over the top.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I wouldn't mind it if Rufus's c.fp wasn't just about the longest range attack in the fucking game, if not the longest. I was nearly a full screen away from him. Then suddenly my fat fucking body is instantly on top of him for every hit.

I wouldn't mind so much if I was using a more up close attack, or if only a few parts of his ultra hit me, but getting teleported in for the dumbshit kick and punch part is over the top.

every ultra works this way, including Rufus's.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

It's balance. It's telling you to watch up for Wake Up ShoryuKEN flail buttons on wakeup.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    James Dekk wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8swsuJMpsgQ

Here's a video of my lag hacks squashing DSP.

Oh god, that just made my day *HIGH FIVE*

First he complains about a "scubby" Zangief landing "laggy 360s" and beating his Blanka, and now he complains that he can't play Zangief because of lag?

I still can't believe this guy plays at EVO. WAAHHHH WAHHHHHH

Seriously though, stop with the lag hacks Dekk, I know that's how you beat me in the tournament D:

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    AAARGH pleae stop posting videos of this obnoxious little fucker.

I can't stand his whiny voice, his non-stop whining and his complete disregard of any display of skill by his opponent.

Downplaying every move that is just well timed, calling lag where he's clearly left himself open for an attack, laughing when someone whiffs a move and most of all his obsession with connection bars. WE CAN SEE THE GAME THERE IS NO LAG YOU FUCK.

It just makes me see red.

Fuck that guy.

guy,. if you're reading this, fuck you.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    bwanie wrote: »
    AARAGH pleae stop posting videos of this obnoxious little fucker.

i can't stand whiny his voice, his non-stop whining and his complete disregard of any display of skill in his opponent.

downplaying every move that is just well timed, calling lag where he's clearly left himself open for an attack, laughing when someone whiffs a move.

it just makes me see red.

fuck that guy.

But it's funny because Dekk kicked his ass.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    i know it shoulden't bother me this much but i cannot believe someone would be so obtuse about losing.

(as you can tell I have never played on Live)

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Zombie NirvanaZombie Nirvana Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, there were dropped frames but I agree the guy is a tremendous douche.

Zombie Nirvana on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, there were dropped frames but I agree the guy is a tremendous douche.

ok I coulden't tell if it was his cam, youtube or the game.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    bwanie wrote: »
    Fuck that guy.

guy,. if you're reading this, fuck you.
    I agree 100%, if everybody he plays are terrible but he loses because "there's 2 seconds of lag every time I press a button" why the fuck does he carry on playing online? Its easier to do an EX spinning piledriver and completely whiff it and then yell "WHAT? FUCKING LAG" than admit he screwed it up. I don't even understand why he even records his matches.

MarvellousM on