Options

[OMNOMNOM on] Dawn of War 2: Realistic Nids!

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    Yes they do. Unless, again, the person playing them is hardly functional.
    A single ork taking three shots to die and three shots being the likely point at which the first ork dies are separate things. The only thing - and I'm not sure how this works - that screws with this is the Energy Shields that Guardians set up; Heavy/Light cover has no effect on it otherwise.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If that gets changed (if it can be installed and played on two machines in the same house), I'll pick it up. I might pick it up anyway, but it's harder to justify purchases that she can't also play.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »
    Yes they do. Unless, again, the person playing them is hardly functional.
    A single ork taking three shots to die and three shots being the likely point at which the first ork dies are separate things. The only thing - and I'm not sure how this works - that screws with this is the Energy Shields that Guardians set up; Heavy/Light cover has no effect on it otherwise.
    Yes they are, which is why I said that it takes at least three shots to kill one ork. Which, if you were paying attention, means that the ork player hits that dandy little "X" button on his keyboard after three shots, or runs a wartrukk up, or whatever you want to make the rangers stop shooting the lootas. See, because that takes about 15 seconds and if you don't pay attention to squads for that long you won't win anyway.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Seems like removing the suppression is actually pretty good. I don't really think that you should just get to kill all lootas because you made rangers. In any case, I definitely don't use lootas. Usually by tier 2 I am at near max pop cap anyways...and whatever I have remaining I use for tankbustas.

rts on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    Seems like removing the suppression is actually pretty good. I don't really think that you should just get to kill all lootas because you made rangers. In any case, I definitely don't use lootas. Usually by tier 2 I am at near max pop cap anyways...and whatever I have remaining I use for tankbustas.
    Kill all. Kill any. Same thing.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    How the fuck are you near pop cap by t2 with Orks.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mblackwell wrote: »
    If that gets changed (if it can be installed and played on two machines in the same house), I'll pick it up. I might pick it up anyway, but it's harder to justify purchases that she can't also play.

Its HIGHLY unlikely, like 99.99999 percent unlikely they will unlink co-op from online only because it seriously messes with the pirates. Same reason Red Alert 3's co-op is online only. Alot of people would just want to play the co-op, and never actually play online against other people. So now companies are forcing online only co-op and such. Give it a while and LAN options will disappear too cause they will just reason that it enables pirates to play their game and they'd rather have $$$ then let a few people play over LAN.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Is "money" really that much harder to type than "$$$"? Really?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    No, it's not.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    SpiritbardSpiritbard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Are you kidding?
    It's two whole more key strokes and the keys are what 3 inches apart?
    That's serious manual labor.

Spiritbard on
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    One keystroke really, you need to hit shift for $$$.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I make a lot of orks.

rts on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

I make a lot of orks.

is there any other way to play Orks?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I make a lot of orks.

I hope not.

rts on
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That was a pretty fun 3v3. I feel bad for the SM who got beat by my lonely Deff Dread.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That was so irritating. I had two Tac squads with missile launchers, but they seemed more interested in running up and meleeing the fucking tin can.

Drool on
  • Options
    SpiritbardSpiritbard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    me n Vech are looking for a 3rd in vent if anyone's down.

Spiritbard on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009

I make a lot of orks.

I hope not.

The real green tide is gobbo's.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I hate that warlock AoE ability. It instagibs Slugga squads and can do half the health of a fully upgraded Nob Squad.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Thats why you have to make Nob leaders...also for spore mines.

rts on
  • Options
    DeadOnArrivalDeadOnArrival Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I usually go in, not recognize anyones name, and leave again.

I dont like meeting new people. :(

They don't like meeting you.

Also:

Lol Nerf SM

They need to include the part where he loses for building scout/dev/scout/dev. Wehrmacht and US compared very much the same way. By the time your 4th rifle was out your income was shot to like 210-220 req from 300. Wehrmacht would still be about 280-300.

When eldar get a supply depot (god, I can't even remember the name. Has it been that long?) maybe that'll work out.

This seems like a really bad way to compare them still. A heavier pop squad like tacts or assault marines with sargent would cause a greater decrease, wouldn't it? After all, it takes the highest upkeep units and makes sure they're the ones subtracting.

The difference doesn't seem this clear cut in the actual game...

You're missing the point as to why dev/scout vs guardian/guardian was chosen. The new upkeep system, which is now the only one that applies to SM, is based on the req cost of a unit and a certain amount is deducted as a set percentage based on that req cost from your global income.

Dev + Scout squad = 550 req
    Guardian x2 = 540 req

So the figures aren't exact, but are pretty damn close to a real world scenario in which both players spend the exact same req on troops, but one gets less upkeep by far than the other.

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Drool wrote: »
    That was so irritating. I had two Tac squads with missile launchers, but they seemed more interested in running up and meleeing the fucking tin can.

There are still some serious bugs with units not realizing they aren't in melee anymore. I'm getting this a lot with devs in sp: they get jumped by melee units, I sprint a good distance away but they still think they're in melee so they just run back to hit the enemy.

This game needs a 'stand ground' button too. So many times my ranged units spend more time repositioning behind the same bloody piece of cover than actually firing back. Just stand fucking still and shoot for the love of god.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Drool wrote: »

There are still some serious bugs with units not realizing they aren't in melee anymore. I'm getting this a lot with devs in sp: they get jumped by melee units, I sprint a good distance away but they still think they're in melee so they just run back to hit the enemy.

This game needs a 'stand ground' button too. So many times my ranged units spend more time repositioning behind the same bloody piece of cover than actually firing back. Just stand fucking still and shoot for the love of god.

His guys were also being shot by a mekboy with a deff gun. So they were gettin suppressed and wouldn't shoot anyway.

So the all ork team with Cake and Scosglen was pretty fun. Except for the drop hack bullcrap.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'd like to play Orks more but I just can't stand the grot advisor's voice.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Lanrutcon wrote:

Dear god yes. I agree completely. I find myself really missing the stances from DoW 1 oddly enough. Mostly because my space marines seem to have a love of being unable to decide clearly between melee and ranged, especially in single player.

Operative21 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Rami wrote: »

I play with sound off so I can hear vent.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    How will you know where the ting is dat makes you rich?

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rami wrote: »

HA! ZOG THAT!

Endomatic on
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well well, looks like everyone's favourite root vegetable based toy/plated killing machine is finally finished =D

tater-concept12f.jpg

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hey, in the Defense of Angel Gate the badguys attacking the gate ARE limited!

don't ask how i know this

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Looted Tanks are the only way to play Orks.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I dislike looted tanks. I'll build one if I won't have the req for nobs for awhile or I need something faster then it takes to build and upgrade nobs. But with the poor pathing in 3v3s and the fact thats its alot easier to kill then to eliminate a whole squad of nobs I perfer them in t3.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Four looted tanks is the best with cult of speed

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    They should have used the Battlewagon IMO. Make the Ork unit more unique in comparison with the stupid predator. Possible Upgrades include wrecking ball, Zzapp cannon, claw to hold vechicles in place. And enough space to hold da boyz!

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My rant earlier about tyranids warriors was just to highlight there ridiculous abilities. Its just so irratating trying anything against them as eldar.

I mean really anyone with a little micro can tap x at the right time, never lose a squad and eventually just overwhelm you with sheer numbers.

Anyways, I look forward to tau in the upcoming expansion.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You mean Imperial Guard trying to stave off a Biel-Tan strike force on a forge world.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You are right I meant a Tau strike force trying to annex a forge world protected by the imperial guard for the greater good. Unfortunately this world was a terraformed tomb world and the necrons have awoken when the inquisition discovers an thousand son chaos artifact buried on the world.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I've stopped playing tyranids for a while until iron halos/energy shields are fixed (I've had 2 AG warrior squads and hormagaunt squad soloed by a thunderhammer/iron halo force commander who was at best lvl3), and until plasma's aren't just so fucking amazing and undercosted that I can't say no to them.

I'd also like to see some anti-building unit for T1 that isn't lol-spore mines since those are completely unreliable in my experiances, working only about 1/3rd of the time at getting rid of people in a building. Doubt that will happen though.

Oh, and for my god damn nid abilities to FUCKING WORK! My flashhooks are doing the animation, and not doing the pull or even the damage over 50% of the time now, and Tyrants Bioplasma can be interupted by a sneeze, and yet the energy and cooldown are activated, completely annoying.

Also, out of the 12-15 3v3 games I played today, I only counted about 3 nids players, none of them were higher then TS18 or so, while allthe TS30+ were SM/Eldar with an odd ork player every so often. I didn't think the patch changed much but did the pop cap bug really change peoples views that much?

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes poor nids they suck so much.

Drool on
  • Options
    RetzinskyRetzinsky Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    1v1 matches should never end up looking like this:
    firsttimer.jpg

Yes, I have surrounded his base with Techmarine turrets.

GFWL = Gamers Failed by Windows Live.

Retzinsky on