Options

[Mini-Phalla] The Phalem Witch Trials - The End - Witches Win

• Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    kime wrote: »
    It's OK, I'm just glad I'm not somehow related to Tommy in any manner whatsoever :P.

But I heard you were his father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Okay, enough fucking around. Time for us to figure this out. There are ten of us left.
    simonwolf
    arasaki
    Ultros64
    kime
    TheLawinator
    delroland
    MacGuffin
    Dusda
    Zandracon
    JaysonFour
    We have two confirmed witch kills: enlightenedbum and lonelyahava. We know they were witches because the vigilante killed them and their role was revealed as such. Also, in both cases the narration portrayed it as occurring to the witches in mid-newting. That leaves us with the five we burned.
    SpectralSpork
    GrimmyTOA
    Sticks
    Toxic Toys
    Tommy2Hands
    I'm pretty sure we can't kill seven witches and still have a game going. I still believe there are only about five of them, which clearly means we've missed our mark at least three times (assuming one left), or maybe they're all wrong. I think, based almost entirely on intuition, that we've hit at least one. We've had pretty good reasoning for most on that list, I have trouble believing they were all wrong.

So lets assume a pretty bad scenario: that we have killed three total. That leaves two. Under that, lets consider how much time we have. Best case, we nail both of them to a cross consecutively, game ends Sunday night. Worst case, we lose three a night and don't hit shit, game ends Sunday night. If we hit one, we go to Tuesday night. That is our time table.

So, ten left, two witches. It has been five full days. Surely we each have theories by now. Let's hear 'em.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    oOoOoO
    I would have died to inactivus anyway.
    Oooooo

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    !Dusda for speaking in riddles.

Either he's in a good network, and my vote won't get enough support, or he's a witch trying to witch-handle the vote.

delroland on
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    delroland wrote: »

Either he's in a good network, and my vote won't get enough support, or he's a witch trying to witch-handle the vote.

You are asuming that there is a good network and that it has more people in it then they're are witches left.

delroland

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    MacGuffin wrote: »

You are asuming that there is a good network and that it has more people in it then they're are witches left.

delroland

If there are more witches than there are networked goodies, we're screwed.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    MacGuffin wrote: »

delroland

That is one of the things that has me worried. I don't have a network at all. Very unusual at this point in the game.

And how am I speaking in tongues?

Dusda on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hm

!Delroland. Seems a little more suspicious than Dusda at the moment.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dusda wrote: »
    Okay, enough fucking around. Time for us to figure this out. There are ten of us left.
    simonwolf
    arasaki
    Ultros64
    kime
    TheLawinator
    delroland
    MacGuffin
    Dusda
    Zandracon
    JaysonFour
    We have two confirmed witch kills: enlightenedbum and lonelyahava. We know they were witches because the vigilante killed them and their role was revealed as such. Also, in both cases the narration portrayed it as occurring to the witches in mid-newting. That leaves us with the five we burned.
    SpectralSpork
    GrimmyTOA
    Sticks
    Toxic Toys
    Tommy2Hands
    I'm pretty sure we can't kill seven witches and still have a game going. I still believe there are only about five of them, which clearly means we've missed our mark at least three times (assuming one left), or maybe they're all wrong. I think, based almost entirely on intuition, that we've hit at least one. We've had pretty good reasoning for most on that list, I have trouble believing they were all wrong.

So lets assume a pretty bad scenario: that we have killed three total. That leaves two. Under that, lets consider how much time we have. Best case, we nail both of them to a cross consecutively, game ends Sunday night. Worst case, we lose three a night and don't hit shit, game ends Sunday night. If we hit one, we go to Tuesday night. That is our time table.

So, ten left, two witches. It has been five full days. Surely we each have theories by now. Let's hear 'em.

The problem is we don't know which of our votes were right, and which were wrong. I agree, I think it highly unlikely that we didn't hit a single witch with the vote yet. But that doesn't really help narrow down any potential targets. It's really hard to use any kind of voting record or anything to link bad-guy-ness when we don't know which votes to compare. Except, of course, for enlightenedbum and ahava, but they both died several days ago and didn't really do much.

So yeah, don't really have any good targets or theories. Although I guess, just from what's happened recently, that I'm leaning towards delroland. Just because I don't find you (Dusda) suspicious for the very reasons he seems to, which seem silly: you're trying to promote discussion and ideas. And I dunno, you did it in a a manner that seems legit. But I have a feeling delro was just being silly and not evil. So I dunno. I'm gonna hold off my vote for a bit (even though there are only several hours left) and see if I get a brainblast. If not I'll probably go with delro.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ugh, I hate knee jerk voting people like that. However, unless someone else out there has some information we don't (either we have the worst seer imaginable, or there isn't one), I may not have a choice.

I'll hold my vote for now, but we're running out of time.

Dusda on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Frankly, at this point, I think you and kime are in cahoots. Unfortunately, voting anyone off gives us jack squat as far as info goes, and I'm not sure we have a vig left to give us conclusive info.

I just thought the whole, "Follow me, I know the way!" bit felt a little Badguy Endgame to me.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Frankly, at this point, I think you and kime are in cahoots.

AH! How did you find out!?
    Unfortunately, voting anyone off gives us jack squat as far as info goes, and I'm not sure we have a vig left to give us conclusive info.

Agreed, which is the biggest problem here. We've just got so little info to work with. . .
    I just thought the whole, "Follow me, I know the way!" bit felt a little Badguy Endgame to me.

Ummmm. Can I point out that neither Dusda nor I actually said anything remotely like that? And that, in fact, you were the one who threw the first vote?

Well, I'm pointing it out anyways. Your statement there is rather hypocritical.
    Dusda wrote:
    Ugh, I hate knee jerk voting people like that. However, unless someone else out there has some information we don't (either we have the worst seer imaginable, or there isn't one), I may not have a choice.

I'll hold my vote for now, but we're running out of time.
    Yeah, we have less than three hours left and not even a page since the last narration. People are being quiet and it isn't helping :(.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think you're all witches! Trust not the ones throwing stones if you ask me.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Where did I say follow me? I said "here's what I think, lets see what everyone thinks and maybe we can piece together something solid to go on." Pardon me for wanting something besides another day of us shoving our heads in the sand.

And yes, I'm pretty sure our vig is dead.

Dusda on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I think you're all witches! Trust not the ones throwing stones if you ask me.
    I'm not throwing a stone! (If you count votes as stones. If you are counting something else as stones then you are silly and don't deserve to talk.)

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    /shrug

I'm just going with my gut at this point. It's worked for me in the past.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, since it seems we aren't going to be getting any more discussion, I guess I'll just go with delroland. Not that you seem evil, I just don't think Dusda is.

Actually, I changed my mind. You are eviiiiiil!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, since it seems we aren't going to be getting any more discussion, I guess I'll just go with delroland. Not that you seem evil, I just don't think Dusda is.

OooOoOo
    Kime, that sentence is so contradictory, that if I were playing, I would vote for myself just so I would have to read it.
    Just wanted you to know
    OooOoOo

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009

OooOoOo
    Kime, that sentence is so contradictory, that if I were playing, I would vote for myself just so I would have to read it.
    Just wanted you to know
    OooOoOo

:P I'm here to please!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Delroland because Dusda doesn't strike me as evil for the moment. But it'd totally suck if he was.

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    !Delroland because I feel bad for Dusda for being soooooooo smelly.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    A fart on Dusda Putnam!

delroland on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    40 minutes left

Need votes from Zandracon, Dusda, JaysonFour, Simonwolf

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Uh, Delroland then?

Zandracon on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oops, thought I'd voted already. I guess it'll have to be !Delroland

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Vote is closed narration coming up soon
    Stay tuned

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Day 6
    Witches are always into Bestiality

Ultros64 was butchering a cow in his shop today when a cloaked figure came in asking for lamb’s blood. Lamb’s Blood was in rather high demand lately and when pressed on why he needed it the cloaked man replied.
    “To turn you into a newt”
    The butcher shop closed early that day and no one ever saw Ultros64 ever again.

Simonwolf the carpenter had been overproducing woodcrafts. This was due to the overwhelmingly huge stockpile of wood Mr. Defecation had left after his disappearance and it needed to be used. Now simonwolf had so much product that everything he made was now worthless. Taking pity on the soon to be penniless pauper a cloaked figure came by and gave simonwolf a simpler existence.

Today Delroland the Rancher was on the stand.
    “Delroland you know the charges that are being brought against you. How do you plead?”
    “Not Guilty”
    “Very well on with the prosecution. Now did you or did you not have intercourse with your livestock?”
    “What kind of question is that?”
    “Everyone knows witchs are the most perverted creatures imaginable now just answer the question.”
    “Well umm, of course I haven’t you know done it with a sheep or anything.”
    Delroland was visibly sweating.
    “What about a cow?”
    “*cough* *ahem* Well it depends on your definition of intercourse, I mean, effectively I’m giving a handjob to a cow to milk it.”
    “GIVING HANDJOBS TO A COW!?! YOU ARE A DISGUSTING WITCH AND YOU WILL BURN ON EARTH AND IN HELL. TAKE HIM AWAY”
    And from that day onward, anyone who handled livestock was never looked at the same way again.

After the burning the Mayor had an announcement.
    Umm, do to lack of funds since our tax collector is deceased I’m afraid we can only afford to continue the trials one more day. I hope you’ve all enjoyed yourselves this past week. Have a good evening and we’ll see you same time, same place to burn another witch.

Results
    Delroland – WITCH –BURNED
    Simonwolf – Carpenter – Newted
    Ultros64 – Butcher – Newted

Sunday is the last day
    HOWEVER, due to circumstances beyond my control I won’t have the final results and narration up until Monday morning. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    After the burning the Mayor had an announcement.
    Umm, do to lack of funds since our tax collector is deceased I’m afraid we can only afford to continue the trials one more day. I hope you’ve all enjoyed yourselves this past week. Have a good evening and we’ll see you same time, same place to burn another witch.

oOoOoOo
    Told you.
    ooooO

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    :lol: really, these trials are hilarious.

No thoughts on anything important because it's late so I'll just sound silly.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You think you'll sound silly? I'm drunk. I've put a lot of time into trying to analyze this; I give up. Someone else lead.

*hic*

Dusda on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Haha, I had a little too much last night.

Anyway, !JaysonFour because I know I'm human.

Dusda on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Huh, the militia man still seems to be alive, hasn't shot any witches lately though.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »
    Huh, the militia man still seems to be alive, hasn't shot any witches lately though.
    Why do you think he's still alive?

Dusda on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yea, but he hasn't shot ANYONE recently.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I just figured the shooter was Jason Todd, since the shootings stopped that night.

Dusda on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh wait, yeah, I forgot about the witch burning thing. Though, I think in all of the narration, it never mentioned him getting burned. Also, I though Masons didn't have any powers usually.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Dusda wrote: »
    I just figured the shooter was Jason Todd, since the shootings stopped that night.
    The shootings didn't occur night one, though, either. And the shooter never killed anyone except a witch. That's rather uncanny aim. I'm thinking maybe it only works if he targets a witch? Or it may have been Jason Todd and he just forgot an order the first night. And Zand, being a "FreeMason" doesn't necessarily mean he was a "mason" in Phalla-terms. Rarely are masons actually given a role name of "mason." And sometimes masons have powers, yeah, although I wouldn't have expected it here in just a mini.

Gonna have to think about the vote some more. . . It would be kind of nice if someone could admit to being a witch and make it easy on us :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Actually kime, you're probably spot on. It makes sense that the vigilante would only kill if the target turned out to be a witch; each night a shot was fired it was during an "attempted newting." That is probably exactly how it works. It's also an interesting mix of vig and seer; that sounds like something Sloth would put in the game.

Dusda on
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Since this is the last day I will reveal and tell you that I'm the guard in this game. If someone wants to step up and also claim that title I'm fine with it, because I know who to vote for and it probably would increase the village chance of survival by narrowing down the possible targets.

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You didn't bold the "l" in "reveal." It kind of bothers me. . .

Are you now? Ugh you bugger, why couldn't you have done this earlier? You wait until 4 hours before the game literally ends to give a reveal that cannot be proven in any way before endgame :(. And a reveal that doesn't seem to serve any purpose so far. . .

Bleh. OK, assuming you are telling the truth, do you have any leads? Did you manage to get networked or anything?

kime on
    Steam profile