As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BSG] Turn 35 - Game Ends (Human Victory!)

• Options
    OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh thats a nasty destiny, I think we should be able to cover it though

Osvik on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is the crisis difficulty 9, or 10? Your earlier post said 9.

Cards I'm going to play incoming.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Nine. Sorry.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I play Piloting 3 - Maximum Firepower and Tactics 2 - Launch Scout and Tactics 3 - Strategic Planning

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I think Tyrol and Baltar already announced they're not contributing, and we're on Helo?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Starbuck should have a point, I don't think Adama needs to.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'll contribute the last point

Piloting 1 - Evasive Maneuvers

Osvik on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well that was convenient, I was prepared to help too.

No cards, for the pass.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The chief, bored in Weapons command, engages the weapon safeties so they are unable to fire. He then aims the cannons in random directions, fighting imaginary Cylons in space making "pew pew" noises.

TheMadjai on
    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If only.

The chief looks around and doesn't hear anything. He picks up the nearest comm link.

"Command, Weapons Control. Uhhh... Hi. Anyone seen any Cylons?"

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Scouting for Water (difficulty 9, Tactics, Piloting)

Destiny Deck: Leadership 4, Engineering 1
    Boomer: Piloting 3, Tactics 2, Tactics 3
    Tyrol: None
    Baltar: None
    Helo: Tactics 1, Tactics 2, Piloting 1, Piloting 1
    Starbuck: Piloting 1
    God-Emperor Adama: None

6 + 8 - 4 - 1= 9: crisis passed. Update in a second.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Despite the imminent Cylon attack, Racetrack and Skulls are able to find a source of water with the recon mission. (+1 Food)

Raiders fly into position to destroy the civilian ships.

currentboard2.jpg

Players and Turn Order

Thanatos - Gaius Baltar - Holding a press conference in the Press Room
    jdarksun - Karl 'Helo' Agathon - Relaxing in the Hangar Deck
    Osvik - Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace - Protecting the fleet in a Viper at 7 o'clock
    Plutonium - God-Emperor William Adama - Sitting in a comfy chair in the President's Office
    FrostMist - Sharon 'Boomer' Valerii - Protecting the fleet in a Viper at at 5 o'clock
    TheMadjai - Galen Tyrol - Knuckledragging in Weapons Control

Resources

Fuel 8. Food 8. Morale 9. Population 12.
    Jump Track: 2/5 Jump Prep (jump impossible)
    Boarding Party: Clear
    Raptors: 4 In Reserve
    Vipers: 4 in Reserve, 4 in Use
    Nukes: 1
    Galactica Damage: None

Space

1 O'Clock: 1 Heavy Raider
    3 O'Clock: 1 Civilian Ship, 3 Raiders
    5 O'Clock: 1 Civilian Ship, 1 Viper, Boomer
    7 O'Clock: 1 Civilian Ship, 1 Viper, Starbuck, 4 Raiders
    9 O'Clock: Clear
    11 O'Clock: 1 Basestar (Undamaged)

Galactica, Boomer. Tear 'em up.

(On a different note - I'll be back home in about three-four hours, so updates will be a lot more frequent. Thank you all for your patience.)

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I shall move to the 3 o'clock position on the board and then let loose with Maximum Firepower. PEW PEW!

Also, I'm using Recon at the end of my turn, and I'm sending you a PM about another matter.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    1d8=7, 1d8=5, 1d8=5. Boomer does indeed tear up the raiders at 3 o'clock.

Crisis inbound...

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Crisis

CYLON SWARM

- Basestars are activated - 1d8=8, Command is damaged.

- One basestar and five raiders are placed at nine o'clock.
    - One heavy raider is placed at eleven o'clock.

- One civilian ship is placed at three o'clock.
    - One civilian ship and one viper are placed at five o'clock.
    - One civilian ship and one viper are placed at seven o'clock.

- Massive Deployment: Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps. Each time a basestar launches raiders or heavy raiders, it launches 1 additional ship of the same type.

currentboard2.jpg

Players and Turn Order

Thanatos - Gaius Baltar - Holding a press conference in the Press Room
    jdarksun - Karl 'Helo' Agathon - Lounging in the Hangar Deck
    Osvik - Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace - Protecting the fleet in a Viper at 7 o'clock
    Plutonium - God-Emperor William Adama - Enjoying his comfy chair in the President's Office
    FrostMist - Sharon 'Boomer' Valerii - Watching the civilians at 3 o'clock
    TheMadjai - Galen Tyrol - Knuckledragging in Weapons Control

Resources

Fuel 6. Food 8. Morale 9. Population 12.
    Jump Track: 1/5 Jump Prep (jump impossible)
    Boarding Party: Clear
    Raptors: 4 In Reserve
    Vipers: 3 in Reserve, 5 in Use
    Nukes: 1
    Galactica Damage: Command

Massive Deployment: Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps. Each time a basestar launches raiders or heavy raiders, it launches 1 additional ship of the same type.

Space

1 O'Clock: 1 Heavy Raider
    3 O'Clock: 2 Civilian Ships, Boomer
    5 O'Clock: 2 Civilian Ships, 2 Vipers
    7 O'Clock: 2 Civilian Ships, 2 Viper, Starbuck, 4 Raiders
    9 O'Clock: 1 Basestar (Undamaged), 5 Raiders
    11 O'Clock: 1 Basestar (Undamaged), 1 Heavy Raider

Chief, what would you like to do?

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    These assaults are crazy. Also, shouldn't we should be at 6/8 fuel and 2/5 jump prep?

As long as we can repair enough, we can probably hold off the raiders long enough to get to Helo's turn, so he can pull the lever. Fix our girl up, Chief.

Did Boomer put the crises on the top or bottom? If she put it on the bottom, I have some tactics to scout us out some jump prep. If she leaves it on the top, well, we'll have better idea of what's going on.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Right, knew I missed something. Recon inbound.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Chief, my suggestion is to repair Command and XO me. I'll move to Weapons Control, fire off a pot shot, and XO you on my turn so you can shoot the shit out of the Raiders at 7 o'clock. We'll basically be at battlestations for future XOs from other people.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Shooting down individual raiders won't really help us at the moment. Cylon-wise, we're fairly safe as long as Chief and Baltar can repair anything from basestar hits.

We haven't taken any real resource losses. As long as we can get the jump prep, what we need to be worrying about is the destination deck - we want a destination 1 or 3 card, so we can either delay the sleeper phase and look for a 3 distance to start at 6/8, or jump right now to 5/8 and look for another 3 distance. What we don't want is to be stuck at 4/8 with two cylons and a sympathizer.

Repairing Command and then XO'ing Starbuck might be smart, if she can lay down a maximum firepower, and then scout - she didn't burn any high piloting or low tactics on the last crises. Scout the crises deck if Boomer sticks it on the bottom, Destination if it's on the top.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm definitely moving to command and playing Engineering 1 - Repair to fix it.

My next action is a tough choice. I'm thinking about activating command and moving the vipers from 5 o'clock to 7 o'clock to back up Starbuck should raiders get activated on the next crisis card. If they do, and worse case happens, we're looking at a loss of at least 2 population, and possibly some fuel or morale. XO'ing Starbuck is a good plan if she's got a Maximum Firepower. Can I ask that in-game?

Either way, right now I've got 9 cards, and I'll need to discard down to 8, so I should play *something*.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    TheMadjai wrote: »
    I'm definitely moving to command and playing Engineering 1 - Repair to fix it.

My next action is a tough choice. I'm thinking about activating command and moving the vipers from 5 o'clock to 7 o'clock to back up Starbuck should raiders get activated on the next crisis card. If they do, and worse case happens, we're looking at a loss of at least 2 population, and possibly some fuel or morale. XO'ing Starbuck is a good plan if she's got a Maximum Firepower. Can I ask that in-game?

Either way, right now I've got 9 cards, and I'll need to discard down to 8, so I should play *something*.
    We probably have at least a few Evasive Maneuvers (given that we have a lot of pilots). And no, you're not allowed to ask anything specific about her hand. Realize that XOing Starbuck would get you at least two shots at those raiders. However, long-term, I think the Basestars are going to be a big threat, and I can XO you into getting four shots at the raiders. XOing me gets me into position to handle some of those.

So, short-term, XOing Starbuck is probably the better move. Long-term, though, getting someone to Weapons Control for shooting out those Basestars is vital, and giving us two shots for an XO instead of just one is hella helpful. Plus, you'll be getting four shots immediately next turn. It also depends on what we draw: if we end up with an "activate Basestars," and I've taken out weapons, or a "launch Raiders/Heavy Raiders," and I've taken out a hangar this turn, you'll be happy you XO'd me. If it's an "activate Raiders," you'll be happy you XO'd Starbuck.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Realize that XOing Starbuck would get you at least two shots at those raiders. However, long-term, I think the Basestars are going to be a big threat, and I can XO you into getting four shots at the raiders. XOing me gets me into position to handle some of those.

So, short-term, XOing Starbuck is probably the better move. Long-term, though, getting someone to Weapons Control for shooting out those Basestars is vital, and giving us two shots for an XO instead of just one is hella helpful. Plus, you'll be getting four shots immediately next turn.

I don't agree. Those basestars only hurt us right now if I can't repair as soon as they destroy. Which, given the high amount of leadership around here, I'd say is pretty likely. Like you said, long-term, the basestars are an issue, but I don't think that should be our concern right now.

Starbuck, Galactica Command. Make it rain.

Playing Leadership 1 - Executive Order on Starbuck.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Helo's turn is coming up soon too, and we can probably get SP's on the roll and reroll if we need to jump at a risk.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    It would be awesome not to waste a turn throwing someone who's already been checked out into the brig while we're surrounded by ever-increasing Cylons. Can the posturing wait until we jump? Especially if we jump well, then you'll have a slightly better reason for brigging him?

Also, I second God-Admiral's plan to scout the destination deck for a 1 or a 3. Do we know if Boomer buried the scout she did?

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm getting the distinct feeling that Jdarksun might be a cylon. If I'm brigged, he's going to be the one to get the admiralty.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I don't know. I was the only one who spoke out against the Admiral also becoming the President, but it happened and no one has since called for an impeachment. We've been kind of busy.

I agree with you that the powers should be split, but I'm saying there are better times to do it. I'm also saying that there aren't many quorum cards that could have been useful to us on his turn.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Sorry about the recon taking so long, I had class all afternoon. I'm back now, though. I sent the PM the Hylianbunny, and I kept the crisis card on top. I'm not sure if I can reveal what it is, but it has what we need.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Boomer does indeed leave the crisis on top.

Starbuck, you heard the chief.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I haven't seen anyone say they wouldn't contribute to a skill check. And as I recall, the check is at like a 7 skill? You haven't initiated one, and haven't asked if anyone would oppose such a check. I think Adama might oppose it, but he also just might not contribute if he's going to begrudgingly hand over the office. Either way, the preferred prop of a martyr is a crucifix.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I suggest we wait for the next crisis and intentionally fail it. You will see why once the crisis is posted.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    It's in the cylon's interest to have us yelling at each other when there's two basestars and a lot of raiders out there. We've been kind of busy fighting off two assaults to worry about separation of political powers.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    TheMadjai wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone say they wouldn't contribute to a skill check. And as I recall, the check is at like a 7 skill? You haven't initiated one, and haven't asked if anyone would oppose such a check. I think Adama might oppose it, but he also just might not contribute if he's going to begrudgingly hand over the office. Either way, the preferred prop of a martyr is a crucifix.

Both Baltar and I know that I'm not a cylon.

Look at it from my point of view: In the quorum hand now there are a lot of cards that can be dangerous in the hands of a cylon. I want the Quorum in my hands, if only because right now, it's the only place I know that it's out of the control of any cylons, with a side bonus of me being able to use it more effectively than everyone else here - The Pilots need to be flying, Baltar and Chief can be repairing, and in my eyes, Helo's untrustworthy because he's creating dissent and threatening to brig me.

From my point of view, any change in presidential power at this moment can only be neutral or negative, and as a player who wants a human victory, I have to oppose taking unnecessary risks or unnecessarily wasting skill cards.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Okay, so I just reread the thread. So far, since gaining the presidency, Adama has decided to throw away a nuke token instead of lose cards from his hand, drawn at least 3 quorum cards (maybe 4) and then not used any at all to help us out, and also suggested that we use our second nuke token right after saying that we should be completely fine if he can fish us out some jump prep.

Your argument about the quorum deck being safer in your hands because there is too much in there for a cylon to screw us over with would make sense if you had used any quorum cards yet. If you were worried about the quorum cards in the hand being used by a cylon, you would have used them to help us instead of stockpiling them and then refusing to give us the presidency.

I'm still wondering why we are taking his word that he is safe when Baltar, the guy who has double the chance of being a cylon of anyone else here, is vouching for him when he could very possibly be the other cylon on the ship as well.

Which is why we need to purposely fail this upcoming skill check, just to give the presidency to someone who will actually USE it.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I would be glad to use the Quorum, if only I could find somebody to use all these arrest orders and presidential pardons on.

I was fishing for some sort of assignment card, instead of a bunch of inspirational speeches. I found one on the last quorum draw, and haven't been able to play it yet. I haven't been able to use it yet because we're a bit busy fighting off cylon assaults.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    On a separate note, I'll be busy most of tomorrow.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Piloting 5 - Maximum firepower on the raiders at 7 o'clock

Osvik on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    1d8=8
    1d8=6
    1d8=8
    1d8=5

Four raiders, four shots. There's a reason Starbuck is the best shot in or out of the cockpit.

Despite the threat of cylon attack, there is still trouble that needs to be dealt with aboard the Astral Queen, where hostages have been taken.

Crisis
    Prisoner Revolt

prisonerrevolt.jpg

Before I release my captives...I demand the immediate resignation of Laura Roslin and her ministers. - Tom Zarek

(Difficulty 11: Politics, Leadership, Tactics)
    Pass: No Effect
    6+: -1 Population
    Fail: -1 Population, and the President chooses another player to receive the President title.

<activate heavy raiders>
    <jump prep>

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I can help a bit on this check as well if we go for it.

I really dont like the idea of losing a population just to force the President title to change hands though. We can to a fairly easy skill check in Administration for the same purpose and wont lose a resource.

Osvik on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    It's losing a resource to 1) save both the cards we otherwise would have used on this skill check and the one to change the presidency (a net check of 18) and 2) save an action (no one has to activate Administration if we do it this way). I think it makes sense to do it this way.

Then again, I'm going to be discarding a bunch of cards if I don't pull an Engineering, Politics, or Leadership crisis on my turn and we decide not to go for this skill check. On the other hand, I'll probably be wiped out of cards if we do this skill check and I activate administration next turn.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I think we should let it fail. We have two players who have said they would be wiped of skill cards if we went for it, and we would lose 1 resource from the resource that we have the most of right now (12). I don't see any reason to attempt to pass the check.

Spawnbroker on