As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Now With 50% Less [CHAT]

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh I remember why I decded not to get palladium now, it's because it's so fucking hard to find anyone who makes jewlery with it. Why is that Forbe?

Mustang on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Because Palladium is primarily used in white gold. Palladium jewelry by itself tends to be brittle, and if not properly soldered it discolors something awful. Its just a painful material to work with.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I almost got hit by a car. I flew by me at 60 mph literaly a foot from where I was standing. I can't stop thinking about how close that was.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This just in: ND can't fucking do architectural interiors fast AT ALL, because straight lines with a Wacom are fucking impossible! Also, she sucks.

UPDATE AT 11

I could do curves and straight lines properly free hand, on PAPER....but then shading on paper takes for fucking ever, while shading on the computer is fast.

WHY CAN'T I JUST PRESS A BUTTON AND HAVE THINGS MAGiCALLY APPEAR FOR ME?

Fuck art, you guys. I'm going to be a unicorn princess instead. You just wait and see.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I almost got hit by a car. I flew by me at 60 mph literaly a foot from where I was standing. I can't stop thinking about how close that was.

D: Holy crap. Glad you're okay.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This just in: ND can't fucking do architectural interiors fast AT ALL, because straight lines with a Wacom are fucking impossible! Also, she sucks.

UPDATE AT 11

I could do curves and straight lines properly free hand, on PAPER....but then shading on paper takes for fucking ever, while shading on the computer is fast.

WHY CAN'T I JUST PRESS A BUTTON AND HAVE THINGS MAGiCALLY APPEAR FOR ME?

Fuck art, you guys. I'm going to be a unicorn princess instead. You just wait and see.

Talk to mully about doing CAD work.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    ND, I feel like a bit of a dick mentioning this cause you probably already know. Anyway put a dot on the page with your wacom, hold down the shit key and plonk another dot where you want the line to go and you got yourself a straight line, just make sure to turn off pen pressure first.

EDIT: You are using photoshop right, if not just forget everything I just said.
    EDIT2: Oh and you have to hold down alt+ shift if you want to be a unicorn princess.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    ND, I feel like a bit of a dick mentioning this cause you probably already know. Anyway put a dot on the page with your wacom, hold down the shit key and plonk another dot where you want the line to go and you got yourself a straight line, just make sure to turn off pen pressure first.

I know about that already...:\ If it's across the canvas, though, sometimes I'm not sure if it'll fall right.

I think my main issue right now is doing curves that don't suck.

Honestly, if I could draw on the Wacom as fast as I could on paper, I wouldn't be going this slowly. arghargahugh

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    See if you just told me you knew already I wouldn't be looking like a dick now, thanks a lot!

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    EDIT2: Oh and you have to hold down alt+ shift if you want to be a unicorn princess.

See?? Now that's information I could've used.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I got hit by a car once, it was going about 25.

It sucks. Don't do it.

Glad you're safe.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Thanks guys, I'm calmer now. It really creeped me out.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hey everyone. im back. From wherever. I went to GDC last week and got some great critiques on my portfolio from all kinds of very nice people.

Protip: Don't put figure drawings in your portfolio. instead show your knowledge of human anatomy through human character designs.

protip 2: Most companies are making 3D games. Don't fill your portfolio up with money shots. It's the development and quick generation of ideas that is important. So all those pieces you spend hours on rendering are pretty much useless. For environments, things like clear layouts are very helpful.

edit: magic toaster: Im glad you are not dead.

PROX on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That's very interesting information, Prox. Thanks for sharing. It's not what I expected to hear.

NightDragon: Did you just buy a Wacom? Cause I'm selling stuff to get one, but your posts are worrying me! What size do you have?

NibCrom on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I may have exaggerated.

PROX on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    NibCrom wrote: »
    NightDragon: Did you just buy a Wacom? Cause I'm selling stuff to get one, but your posts are worrying me! What size do you have?

It's not a problem with the Wacom, or the size...because zooming in with a smaller tablet is essentially the same thing (as far as control goes) to having a larger tablet size.

I've got an Intuos, and it's whatever the smallest Intuous size is. Works great for me!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    PROX wrote: »
    I may have exaggerated.

If you mean about what you heard from GDC, then no. I'd say you're pretty spot on. I've heard almost the exact same thing from a variety of sources.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I've heard it was most important to make sure your code is efficient and bug-free.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I heard one should never attempt to feed Gabe Newell.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I've never heard of Gabe Newell.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Buckwolfe wrote: »

I hear he wields a crowbar like a theoretical physicist

Veritas on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Like Gordon Freeman?

EDIT: Shit....I just looked up the name...

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Like Gordon Freeman?

EDIT: Shit....I just looked up the name...

:lol:

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I can't help but feel like I've been manipulated into learning something.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Veritas wrote: »

I hear he wields a crowbar like a theoretical physicist

I heard he has a toenail on the end of his penis.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    PROX wrote: »
    I may have exaggerated.

If you mean about what you heard from GDC, then no. I'd say you're pretty spot on. I've heard almost the exact same thing from a variety of sources.

I've heard lots of the same stuff too.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    If ND backs me up, then it must be true!!

Oh, man. Why are films like the Resident Evil series such a guilty pleasure for me? I know that they are crappy films overall, and that the best thing they have going for them is the production value, and Milla Jovovich, but they're just so entertaining. The plot and story not only greatly deviate from the RE canon, which were never that grand to begin with, but are somehow even more ill conceived. The acting is sub-par at best in part, and most of the cast consists of terrible actors that I can barely stand to watch. And still, I enjoy the shit out of the. It's a conundrum.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If ND backs me up, then it must be true!!

Oh, man. Why are films like the Resident Evil series such a guilty pleasure for me? I know that they are crappy films overall, and that the best thing they have going for them is the production value, and Milla Jovovich, but they're just so entertaining. The plot and story not only greatly deviate from the RE canon, which were never that grand to begin with, but are somehow even more ill conceived. The acting is sub-par at best in part, and most of the cast consists of terrible actors that I can barely stand to watch. And still, I enjoy the shit out of the. It's a conundrum.

Wait, are you talking about that new one, Degeneration? Cause that was off the fucking chain! YeeeAAAA Roy....
    have you ever fired your gun up in the air and gone "AAAAHHHRRRR"?

I just finished watching this indian movie called "asoka"...I'm trippen balls man. I wanna dance and chop up a bunch of people in the name of love and bootyism....buddism...same thing.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Haven't watched Degeneration. I didn't even know it was out yet. I'm just talking about the live action films with Milla Jovovich.

I might have to check this "Asoka" flick out. Sounds interesting.

EDIT: Oh, shit. That came out a while ago. Am I out of the loop, or what?

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Haven't watched Degeneration. I didn't even know it was out yet. I'm just talking about the live action films with Milla Jovovich.

I might have to check this "Asoka" flick out. Sounds interesting.

EDIT: Oh, shit. That came out a while ago. Am I out of the loop, or what?

Here is one dance number that stuck with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqqImStZU7E

Basically, combine these dance numbers with epic fight scenes like gladiator.

Whats funny, this movies based off some famous guy named Asoka. Then they have these weird dance numbers in it and I'm like...That happened? INDIA FUCKING ROCKS!

But it gets super serious later in the story. I mean, wow, captivating story, really. Like w0w story. Definatly check it out.

And yeah, RED, that movie came out a long time ago. I bought it out of a whim. Also I love Leon S. Kennedy, awesome character. The animation is clunky for my taste, but it works well. FF7 movie is better looking, but this movie is just as cool.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Guys, I've found a jorb. I start next thursday... it will be grand, I actually might get to do a bit of illustration with them too! This pleases me greatly. I am one lucky duder.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    If RE4 is proof of anything, its that Leon is just a grown up emo kid with, like, the most ill conceived one liners, and come-backs imaginable. It's almost painful to listen to him, but the game is so fucking awesome that it makes up for it entirely.

Congrats, Prosp. Its been almost two months now since i lost my jobs, and I still haven't managed to land a new one definitively. I'm waiting to hear back from this one place in particular within the next week. The Massachusetts job market is fucking dried up.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Bollywood is so great.

The ridiculous scandals they have about unmarried women kissing in movies and shit like that too. It's fantastic.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Bollywood is so great.

The ridiculous scandals they have about unmarried women kissing in movies and shit like that too. It's fantastic.

yet they dance like whores and that's a-ok

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    My loony bun is fine Benny Lava!

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    Bollywood is so great.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Bollywood is so great.

Hell, its just fine and dandy in my book. Let 'em dance, I say!

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I quite like the first two RE films, they were schlock horror but kinda fun. Extinction on the other hand was fucking dreadful, it felt like someone really just wanted make Mad Max 2 but kept on being interrupted with that pesky RE storyline they were meant to following. The first two had at least some form of story, extinction however was just a bunch of shit that didn't make any sense.

Oh and degeneration wasn't half bad, cheesy as hell but that's to be expected with anything resident evil.

Mustang on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bollywood is so great.

Hell, its just fine and dandy in my book. Let 'em dance, I say!

No, listen, my beef isn't with hot Indian women waving their hips like extremely attractive whores.

Tam on
  • Options
    SonarSonar Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hello.

The FAQ said that to ask for artists would be this thread, if this is the chat thread anyway...

So I'd like to ask where I can talk about a potential project I need an artist for.

Thanks!

Sonar on
    I'm building a real pirate ship. Really. Wanna help? Click here!
    steam_sig.png
    caffron said: "and cat pee is not a laughing matter"
This discussion has been closed.