Options

All Purpose Transformers thread: {NSF56K}Reaching the Omega Point

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Megatron was soooooooo toned back in this I love it. I saw about five instances where Starscream was all "This is my chance" but he did the numbers. He knew they were going to lose. Let Megatron take the blame.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Starscream has been my favorite Transformer ever since I was about four, I guess.

Weaver on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Favorite scene had to be the frat party:
    Shia: No worries, man. Let me go get you a tighter t-shirt.
    Frat Fuck: (In all seriousness) There aren't any tighter t-shirts than this one!
    *Fist Pound*

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So apparently Princeton is a party school

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Weaver wrote: »
    Starscream has been my favorite Transformer ever since I was about four, I guess.

:^:

i thoroughly enjoyed the movie. yes the
    LOL wrecking bawls!
    scene was a bit odd, and the twins were annoying (i really didnt find them that racist, as everyone that I know who acts like that has been white)

one thing no one has mentioned here is that
    at first, Sam's roommate seemed like if Carlos from Armada had grown up and went to college; then later he TRANSFORMED (groan) into Simmons' adopted son

oh and was totally not expecting that outcome of the forest scene

Joolander on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ok I just saw this and it was pretty awesome. You people who are saying like "this movie was an offense against civilized thought" are blowing things way out of proportion, and probably shouldn't have anything to do with a movie like this in the first place.

It certainly had some juvenile humor, and that's not everybody's thing for sure, but it had a ton of great action, an easy to follow plot that while not really anything great was pretty fine for an summer blockbuster action movie.

I can certainly see why someone wouldn't like it, and I wouldn't call it a good movie by any means, but it was very entertaining and didn't really make me cringe, which the first one did, so that was all I really wanted out of it, besides giant robots beating the shit out of each other.

Upon further viewings I'm sure that I'll start spotting more plot holes and such and it won't be as good to me anymore, but I know I'll still watch it again, because hey, Transformers.

Schide on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It does seem kind of weird that there are doubles or even triples of most of the Constructicons

Green on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Green wrote: »
    It does seem kind of weird that there are doubles or even triples of most of the Constructicons

TF-clones aren't really a new thing though. I mean, that kind of thing goes all the way back to the Insecticons. And then you have this latest example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M5SKdPijHk

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Was Michael Bay the mime in the Paris scene?

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Newsarama is reporting the RotF might make 200 FUCKING MILLION DOLLARS in it's first 5 days of release. Wow.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I saw this

I don't think I have anything to say that hasn't already been expressed here:
    There's a good movie hidden under a lot of bullshit here, and the racist (oh so racist) twins and most of the college stuff and basically all of the Mom-and-Dad comic relief needed to be cut

But the good parts of this movie were very well-executed, by which I mean the action scenes; the forest fight in particular was spectacular, though the outcome of it brought to mind that scene from the 1985 movie and I briefly cursed Michael Bay for putting me through that again; the other action scenes were similarly boss, and Optimus and Bumblebee both turned into complete fucking maniacs in combat

Also getting to see Megatron and Starscream and to a lesser extent The Fallen actually interact which each other was a lot of fun for me, not least because I just love hearing Hugo Weaving's voice and it was nice that he actually had enough lines that you could tell it was him

Also I quite liked Jetfire

tl;dr GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    AgentofOrangeAgentofOrange Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I might literally explode because of how absolutely furious I am in response to the reckless assault that movie made against every moral standard I possess. By the end of this night I assure you I might incinerate my own body in attempt to rid myself of the evil that that man, Micheal Bay, infected my viscera with. The curling black smoke rising from my devastated, smoldering, body will still not compare to the blackness that now dwells in my quaking heart.

can I over exaggerate more or is that good for now

AgentofOrange on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I might literally explode because of how absolutely furious I am in response to the reckless assault that movie made against every moral standard I possess. By the end of this night I assure you I might incinerate my own body in attempt to rid myself of the evil that that man, Micheal Bay, infected my viscera with. The curling black smoke rising from my devastated, smoldering, body will still not compare to the blackness that now dwells in my quaking heart.

Take a break, it's my turn-

This movie is something you should only watch if you want to be reminded of how terrible things can be

Like how people visit the sites of concentration camps

Also to be serious, Grey Ghost is dead on the money, reiterating what a lot of you guys have already said- could've cut an hour of crap from the film and it might have been awesome. All the new Autobots were pretty much pointless and got zero screen time- with the exception of the Twins, who really shouldn't have been there at all I mean aaargh

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    man, I had the best idea of how to remake this movie when I was going to sleep last night

it involved Dinobots and fights on the Moon

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2009
    yes, robot dinosaurs and moon battles would have made this plot less insane

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    did I mention it was Superion and Devastator who would be fighting on the Moon?

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    that's pretty much meaningless to me

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

This isn't sarcasm, is it

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »

This isn't sarcasm, is it

:whistle:

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    did I mention it was Superion and Devastator who would be fighting on the Moon?

Wow, what's the catch?

Wait, does the moon, like, transform into a Decepticon during this

And be all "I AM MOONIUS THE MOON DECEPTICON AND YOU ARE FIGHTING ON MY ASS"

And then one third of the theatre laughs and you wonder what the hell they're on

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I'm actually concerned for your health a little bit now. Seriously, it can't be good for you to be this obsessed and upset over a stupid movie.

I recommend going and watching or doing something you absolutely love, and just try to get this movie out of your if you're seriously that upset over it.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    see in my idea The Fallen's tomb is on the moon instead of under some dumb pyramids

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    see in my idea The Fallen's tomb is on the moon instead of under some dumb pyramids

But

But

Aliens always have something to do with the pyramids, it is a law of any sci-fi film where Egypt is featured

Even if it's not made explicit you can guarantee that, somewhere in the film's backstory, aliens made the pyramids

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    yes but here's what's actually under the pyramids

a space bridge

which it turns out needs to be powered by the Matrix of Leadership, which turns out to be the power source that's holding the Fallen prisoner

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    About that, was the Fallen wired up to that machinery as a kind of life support or was it just entirely decorative

Maybe the dude just liked to sit around with cables attached to his chest, I don't know

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Jews Did Pyramid 11

august on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ok, the twins

There is a cultural sub-sect of people that act just like that. To say that basing the personalities of two comedic effect characters on a certain archetype of person is racist is akin to saying that George Lucas is a gay basher because of C-3P0.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Edcrab wrote: »
    About that, was the Fallen wired up to that machinery as a kind of life support or was it just entirely decorative

Maybe the dude just liked to sit around with cables attached to his chest, I don't know

I thought he was imprisoned there until Prime died.

Weaver on
  • Options
    AgentofOrangeAgentofOrange Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Schide wrote: »

I'm actually concerned for your health a little bit now. Seriously, it can't be good for you to be this obsessed and upset over a stupid movie.

I recommend going and watching or doing something you absolutely love, and just try to get this movie out of your if you're seriously that upset over it.
    Wait you still think I'm serious? I thought my over the top self incineration plan would have shown my self mockery.

AgentofOrange on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Schide wrote: »

Wait you still think I'm serious? I thought my over the top self incineration plan would have shown my self mockery.

Man at this point I can't even tell with most people.

Although I did somehow completely miss the part where you said you were over exaggerating, that would have clued me in. Ah well.

Also I'm pretty sure The Fallen ripping up cords and shit getting out of his chair was just there for dramatic effect and no further thought went into it.

Also as well now I can't wait to get the Jetfire toy and combine it with Prime. Pewpewpew.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The whole move was basically a large budget episode of the original cartoon

fuck the haters

Weaver on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    but the cartoon was just a toy commercial

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »

well I don't know what you think these movies are but...

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

well thats sort of my point

why would I want to watch a 2 and a half hour toy commercial

It's a genuine question

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I saw this yesterday, and I gotta say I was entertained. But it seems like some of you are having the same reaction to this movie as I did to Godzilla: Final Wars, in which case I completely understand where you're coming from. I know there's absolutely no convincing you that ROTF is utterly despicable, so I won't even try.

Immediately after watching Godzilla: Final Wars, AgentofOrange's pretend rage was pretty close to what I actually thought. Just to give you a point of reference.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    edited June 2009

well thats sort of my point

why would I want to watch a 2 and a half hour toy commercial

It's a genuine question

Because it has lots of action and explosions and stupid humor. I mean if you don't like those things that's fine, but I don't see how could possibly go into seeing this movie without realizing that it is basically just a two and a half hour toy commercial. I don't get why anyone would go in expecting more than that.

But I mean I buy a lot of the toys so I'm obviously perfecting fine with that.

Schide on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Is anyone else kind of disappointed with the new Deluxe class figures? The only one I really like is Sideswipe, but the wheels instead of feet thing seems like more trouble than it's worth

Though I did pick up Knock Out today and he's really fun

Green on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Weaver wrote: »
    Ok, the twins

There is a cultural sub-sect of people that act just like that. To say that basing the personalities of two comedic effect characters on a certain archetype of person is racist is akin to saying that George Lucas is a gay basher because of C-3P0.

D:D:D:

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Green wrote: »
    Is anyone else kind of disappointed with the new Deluxe class figures? The only one I really like is Sideswipe, but the wheels instead of feet thing seems like more trouble than it's worth

Though I did pick up Knock Out today and he's really fun

Hmm. Sideswipe's pretty awesome, he still stands pretty well despite the wheel feet thing. Ravage has a really cool robot mode, but the lack of quality alt mode kind of sucks. Skids and Mudflap and pretty decent, their transformations are kind of annoying but if you don't mind their character designs both their modes are pretty spot on. Sideways isn't that great and neither is Breakaway. I like Wheelie even though his scale ends up being completely out of whack. I like Rampage even though his four legs things kind of gets in the way of poseability. I like Soundwave a lot more than most people probably do, although his alt mode is certainly lacking. Chromia is...well Chromia is certainly a thing. That's about all I have so far. So I dunno, maybe deluxes are a little lacking but I've been fine with them so far overall.

I'd say scouts class so far probably has the best overall quality, honestly. Human Alliance might end up being the best, whether or not you want to group them with Voyagers.

Schide on
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ok, the twins

You know, you kind of make a point. Walking down the street today I think I came across at least two or three people who in a similar, gangsta wanksta, whatever you call it, way.

Is it sad? Yes, is it stereotypical? Yes.

But I suppose stereotypes come from somewhere.

The robots were still retarded though.

ANTVGM64 on