As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All Purpose Transformers thread: {NSF56K}Reaching the Omega Point

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dude, chill the fuck out and get over it. I just can't say anything more than that.

Schide on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Rosebudtron

Weaver on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This film has grossed over $200 million. I don't think the producers give a shit if the plot stands up to TDK or not.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So the decepticons all fly or can piggy back on others that fly, how the hell do the autobots get off planet?

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    and what happened to bumblebee being able to talk did I miss something?

Weaver on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Weaver wrote: »
    Bumblebee commanded the Autobot forces at Tyger Pax attempting to hold the Decepticons off while the All Spark was launched off-planet. He succeeded, but Megatron crushed his voice box, and he lost his ability to speak in the process. Ratchet has been having trouble fixing it ever since.

I hate myself.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Oh, they explained that in a comic that he damaged his voice whatevers again, and Ironhide was trying to fix him or something but couldn't. That was pretty stupid that they didn't give any explanation in the movie, and the fact that they just did the radio voice again, but I guess people liked it in the first movie or something?

And I'd have to guess that the Autobots have some way to launch themselves into space and then navigate in space, I guess. I mean, that's another kind of dumb thing in the movieverse, how they just all fly through space by themselves in entry modes, rather than just taking ships or something, because it's just one more thing that doesn't quite make sense if you try to think about it.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    soundwave humping up on that sat was pretty slick I thought

Weaver on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm so torn

I hate confederate flags but love the General Lee

Much love for the General Lee here too. Hi5.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Good god, after all the reviews for this I hope that Bay, Orci, and Kurtzman are fired and George Krstic is placed on board for the third movie. It won't happen, but it would be preferable.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    George Fishstick?

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    George Fishstick?

Give me your face

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    No!

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    fun haters
    g.i. joe is going to be a BLAST!

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Good god, after all the reviews for this I hope that Bay, Orci, and Kurtzman are fired and George Krstic is placed on board for the third movie. It won't happen, but it would be preferable.

this movie is making $200 million in five days

it most certainly won't happen

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well, as much as I wouldn't mind seeing those guys leave and having some more competent people make a third movie, all the terrible reviews in the world aren't going to matter anywhere near as much as all the money it's going to make.

Geebs!

Schide on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think Bay said he's done with Transformers.

august on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    august wrote: »
    I think Bay said he's done with Transformers.

he said that comment was misinterpreted, and he only wants a temporary break.

yes, Geebs, I'm fully aware it won't happen. Just sharing a glorious vision I experienced.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2009
    I'm curious to what kind of artistic masterpiece you think someone is capable of making out of a movie called "transformers"

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'm curious to what kind of artistic masterpiece you think someone is capable of making out of a movie called "transformers"

Megas Xlr with Autobots instead of the titular mech and Decepticons in place of the Glorft and various enemies of the week.
    It wouldn't be an artistic masterpiece, but it would at least have an easy to follow plot.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Starfuck wrote: »
    fun haters
    g.i. joe is going to be a BLAST!

Good luck with that. Gi Joe fans won't stand for retarded robot suits that do absolutely nothing but make explosions.

They had Larry Hama. There's no going back.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Well if you remove the hackers,piss jokes,Bernie Mac,all the "USARMY HOOAH!!!" propaganda, and the idiot soldiers with the generic "I have a wife and new baby I need to stay alive!" story the first movie is in fact quite good.

No amount of edits can fix Revenge of the fallen though. Bay made sure of that.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    it makes me feel anger when people say that because a movie is about giant robots that turn into cars it has to be silly and only enjoyable at face value

Snork on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Well if you remove ... Bernie Mac... story the first movie is in fact quite good.

what the hell?

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

are you intentionally being thick or what

no one is saying it should be nominated for Oscars or anything

but it should at least be coherent and family-friendly

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Joolander wrote: »

Well if you remove ... Bernie Mac... story the first movie is in fact quite good.

No amount of edits can fix Revenge of the fallen though. Bay made sure of that.

what the hell?

He's either a teeny bit racist or believes that giant robot movies are no place to have comedic cameos.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    either that or he doesn't like bernie mac

or is getting him confused with anthony anderson

because FUCK ANTHONY ANDERSON

Snork on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

what the hell?

His scenes were stupid and pointless. I could excise him and the movie makes sense.

I like Bernie god rest his soul but even he admitted he only did movies for the paycheck.

I love how removing him makes me a racist though. Way to raise the bar guys.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    soundwave tentacle raping that sat was pretty squick I thought

I keed. But seriously, I expect Soundwave to get a new generation of fangirls (and fanboys...) out of this.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Honestly i'd have just been happy with more screentime for Devastator and JetPrime. Or heaven forbid a fight between the two.

Also, when did Optimus say the Give me your face bit? I somehow either missed it/ can't remember it and have seen it mentioned across approximiately 400 internets.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

what the hell?

His scenes were stupid and pointless. I could excise him and the movie makes sense.

I like Bernie god rest his soul but even he admitted he only did movies for the paycheck.

I love how removing him makes me a racist though. Way to raise the bar guys.

i like how you assumed i was calling you racist

seriously, i liked that scene.

Pointless? maybe
    funny? definately

honestly, i dont think it detracted from the movie at all

Joolander on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    a movie about sentient alien machines who come to earth to wage an ancient war between their two major factions could have been a neat sci-fi action movie

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Honestly i'd have just been happy with more screentime for Devastator and JetPrime. Or heaven forbid a fight between the two.

Also, when did Optimus say the Give me your face bit? I somehow either missed it/ can't remember it and have seen it mentioned across approximiately 400 internets.
    right before/ as he ripped the fallen's face off
    it was a little bit too one-linery for me, especially considering he pulled almost the exact same stunt in the forest fight scene, which was so much cooler

Snork on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Neli wrote: »
    a movie about sentient alien machines who come to earth to wage an ancient war between their two major factions could have been a neat sci-fi action movie
    there are moments in the film that remind me that it must have been given at some point something resembling a real script treatment before it got earfucked by the strike and (one can imagine) michael bay's holy vision.
    the DON'T GO! scene with sam's dad near the end wasn't exactly oscar fodder, but it was well-acted and was a well-done counterpoint to the leaving-for-college thing from the beginning. this is all i'm asking for in this movie. a litle bit more cohesion and emotion.
    I'd even accept the lolballs jokes (albeit begrudgingly) as long as they weren't in the middle of action scenes.

Snork on
  • Options
    Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    So, I'm not gonna pay money to see this. Just tell me, how hard did they fuck up Soundwave?

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You guys are fags this movie had a lot of robots and explosions
    Hopefully Transformers 3 has Metroplex
    My only complaint is that the railgun was used to kill Devastator.
    I think a much more awesome climax would've been all the autobots (Ironhide, Rachet, Bumblebee, twins and whoever else) going against Devastator while upgraded Prime takes on the 3 main badguys.

Franko on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So, I'm not gonna pay money to see this. Just tell me, how hard did they fuck up Soundwave?
    i don't know transformers very well but i haven't heard anyone say they fucked him up
    he is just vocoder-less and kind of a small part

Snork on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    okay so I just googled transformer balls and

and

did they give devastator wrecking ball testicles or

I mean

what

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yes it's a one line throwaway joke scene that everybody and their brother has got all up in arms about for I don't know what reason.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    because it is

so dumb?

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]