Options

Ulduar harder than Naxx! More at 11 [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    then i suggest you stop reading the thread!

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Thorim down!

Javen on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    eff you javen

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Freya too!

Javen on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    javen welcome to the t8 club

i am assistant vice president

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Somebody get me some new pants up in there.

GRMike on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    you fuckers had better not do a full clear without me :(

Bucketman on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    we stopped after a few attempts at Mimron cause it was so late, phase 3 is bananas

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Phase 3 isn't actually that bad if everyone is up, we just usually have a few people die to phase 2 rockets.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    well yes people need to be less dumb in phase 2

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Alendra (and myself) ate a rocket the first time, and Bainn did the second, so the adds kind of ravaged everyone. I'm sure if we can maintain 100% survival rate going into it we can make phase 4 easily.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm pretty sure I saw like 4 people die to a single rocket that first time

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Well I's just sayin, tanks dying in phase 2 was likely the reason why phase 3 didn't last long.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    what are you talking about resto shamans make the best ranged tanks

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Seems like the Watchers are kinda easier than a lot of the earlier stuff, just a lot of retard checks.
    Also apparently in phase 4 there's no ranged tank and the flying part just shoots random people?

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The second half of Ulduar looks like it contains the most sophisticated and interesting fights in the game. Can't wait to get in there and slay some watchers.

Also DESCEND INTO MADNESS!

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    If you like the bronze drake, I'm always up for a quick CoS and I usually don't failtank like that one time
    Well not always, but often

This was partially my fault as I didn't really NEED mana, but I thought I'd top myself off so we wouldn't have to stop from then on. Then I just couldn't get in range quick enough to drop GS on you.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Seems like the Watchers are kinda easier than a lot of the earlier stuff, just a lot of retard checks.
    Also apparently in phase 4 there's no ranged tank and the flying part just shoots random people?

I wouldn't say they're easier than the easy stuff. I could see many wipes against Hodir, for example if the groups gear isn't really the best ever.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Javen wrote: »

I wouldn't say they're easier than the easy stuff. I could see many wipes against Hodir, for example if the groups gear isn't really the best ever.

Thorim seemed really easy once we figured it out, but then again I was in that tunnel with the smelly rogues and don't really know what goes on out in the arena. It was kind of awesome that we could have activated hard mode if we wanted to without even really trying.

Freya wasn't bad once we knew exactly what was going on with adds.

Hodir is just kind of a bitch to heal but overall pretty easy.

Mimiron will be loads more fun when it's not 1:30 in the morning.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Heres a story for you, a story about the big crybaby robot.

My guild had been attempting him on Wednesday. They kept trying and trying and they couldn't get him down. After the heart dropped the adds would be too much they said. I wasn't around I was doing something else.
    Thursday comes around and I login and go to ulduar with them. We go in and attack the dude and get him down to about 500k hp. he's almost dead but the adds again are too much and kill us. I figure "ok they've done this for a whole fucking night they know whats up but I'll ask anyway" I say in vent "are we supposed to kill those adds before we pull the boss?" I get one person laughing at me and another calling me a noob saying he just respawns them. Three more wipes and i say "seriously guys, lets just try killing the adds first" next thing out of somebody's mouth "you're a fucking retard he respawns them its a waste of time" "you werent here before you don't know how this fight goes" So next time we pull the boss as the adds come me and two of the other dpsers just focus one of them down and he drops a green item. at that point I tell them "hey idiots trash that gets instantly respawned doesn't drop loot you fucking nooblets" we wipe again and ignoring the three retards who refuse to listen I switch to tank spec real quick and pull the mobs on the left and we kill them, then as the mt goes to pull the boss I pull the ones on the right we kill them too. At this point I'm being bitched at because I'm wasting time. well of course we down the boss because we aren't pulling the trash and boss at the same time.

I should have kicked those assholes out of the guild until they paid for everyone's repairs.

Grath on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    they were all pretty easy after the first try or so, but with Hodir's frost blow or whatever causes huge damage to the tank it seems like the most gear intensive of the three.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    they were all pretty easy after the first try or so, but with Hodir's frost blow or whatever causes huge damage to the tank it seems like the most gear intensive of the three.

I was actually wondering how much of a detriment wearing the FR was to Alendra's overall tanking. I mean, if it's not too bad, it might just be simpler to have him tank the whole thing and not worry about needing to taunt. Then Bainn could use his crappy arms spec and the fight would go a bit faster.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Metacortex wrote: »

I was actually wondering how much of a detriment wearing the FR was to Alendra's overall tanking. I mean, if it's not too bad, it might just be simpler to have him tank the whole thing and not worry about needing to taunt. Then Bainn could use his crappy arms spec and the fight would go a bit faster.

Well the deal is the buff reduces his physical damage by 70% but adds 40k frost damage. You're only supposed to have one tank in FR gear but you need two tanks for the encounter.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Well the deal is the buff reduces his physical damage by 70% but adds 40k frost damage. You're only supposed to have one tank in FR gear but you need two tanks for the encounter.

I get that. I was just wondering if Alendra's stats take a big enough hit with frost resist that he would be incapable of tanking him when Frozen Blows wasn't up. You wouldn't need two tanks if he could. It's not like you have to worry about him being under the defense cap and I don't think he would lose very much armor, if any at all.

But I'm no druid so I could be completely wrong.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

We do it with 1 tank, Me.

I have 417 FR and like 45k HP when tanking it.

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

We do it with 1 tank, Me.

I have 417 FR and like 45k HP when tanking it.
    Stupid night elf

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm such a sexy night elf.

That Dave Fella on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Blood elves are way more sexy.

Every one knows this.

• Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Their poly count makes it a scientific fact.

Drool on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So I might not make it to Ulduar tonight. I am going to be using my laptop but I forgot that it wasn't patched to 3.1.x yet. So I don't know how long it will take.

• Options
    edited April 2009
    It's only like 800mb and you can get it from a mirror in about an hour.

That Dave Fella on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Actually it looks like my school connection is downloading it faster than I thought. I looks like it's only going to take another 35 min or so

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Grath wrote: »
    Heres a story for you, a story about the big crybaby robot.

My guild had been attempting him on Wednesday. They kept trying and trying and they couldn't get him down. After the heart dropped the adds would be too much they said. I wasn't around I was doing something else.
    Thursday comes around and I login and go to ulduar with them. We go in and attack the dude and get him down to about 500k hp. he's almost dead but the adds again are too much and kill us. I figure "ok they've done this for a whole fucking night they know whats up but I'll ask anyway" I say in vent "are we supposed to kill those adds before we pull the boss?" I get one person laughing at me and another calling me a noob saying he just respawns them. Three more wipes and i say "seriously guys, lets just try killing the adds first" next thing out of somebody's mouth "you're a fucking retard he respawns them its a waste of time" "you werent here before you don't know how this fight goes" So next time we pull the boss as the adds come me and two of the other dpsers just focus one of them down and he drops a green item. at that point I tell them "hey idiots trash that gets instantly respawned doesn't drop loot you fucking nooblets" we wipe again and ignoring the three retards who refuse to listen I switch to tank spec real quick and pull the mobs on the left and we kill them, then as the mt goes to pull the boss I pull the ones on the right we kill them too. At this point I'm being bitched at because I'm wasting time. well of course we down the boss because we aren't pulling the trash and boss at the same time.

I should have kicked those assholes out of the guild until they paid for everyone's repairs.

Do you have 0 people in your guild who keep up with patch notes and things, and could tell you "hey look it says they reenabled the trash before XT"?

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I get that. I was just wondering if Alendra's stats take a big enough hit with frost resist that he would be incapable of tanking him when Frozen Blows wasn't up. You wouldn't need two tanks if he could. It's not like you have to worry about him being under the defense cap and I don't think he would lose very much armor, if any at all.

But I'm no druid so I could be completely wrong.

This is a good idea.
    The time we killed him was the time Mont had the brilliant idea of activating Aura Mastery during the Frozen Blows to reduce raid damage to practically nothing.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    that sounds like the least fun guild on earth

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    story

Do you have 0 people in your guild who keep up with patch notes and things, and could tell you "hey look it says they reenabled the trash before XT"?

Reading the patch notes is one of my favorite things about a new patch. But maybe I'm weird.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    MittenMitten Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    hey Meta, how is Body and Soul for PvE?

Mitten on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    story

Reading the patch notes is one of my favorite things about a new patch. But maybe I'm weird.
    I love reading the patch notes and keeping up on changes

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Mitten wrote: »
    hey Meta, how is Body and Soul for PvE?

In Ulduar there are tons of places where it's really nice.

Just off the top of my head:
    Helping someone run from flamenados on Ignis trash.
    Helping whoever gets light bombed/gravity bombed get out of the group faster on XT.
    Avoid eye lasers on Kologarn.
    Get out of the Iron Council dwarf guys tendrils and aoe burst.
    Get someone to the snow faster on Hodir.
    Get past bombs before Mimiron, get out of P1 Mimiron aoe, get ahead of Spin Up laser in P2.

I'm sure I'm forgetting things.

Probably most importantly now that I've thought of it - being able to get into position faster on a pull so Bainn doesn't kill himself by charging out of range of the healers as he often likes to do.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
This discussion has been closed.