As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Killing Floor] 2 Fleshpounds 1 Pipe

• Options
    LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    maraxus94 wrote: »
    So, how are we all going to get in games when this becomes available? Is there some sort of Steam Group?

There is, send a PM to Rorus Raz with your steam id.

Lagnar on
  • Options
    maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Lagnar wrote: »
    maraxus94 wrote: »
    So, how are we all going to get in games when this becomes available? Is there some sort of Steam Group?

There is, send a PM to Rorus Raz with your steam id.

Fantastic, thanks much!

maraxus94 on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I am downloading the beta now, if anyone has any requests for specific information about it, let me know.

LewieP on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    I am downloading the beta now, if anyone has any requests for specific information about it, let me know.

Well, considering the game is out in like half an hour... :P

And I won't be able to play it :(

Don't know, just... post first impressions?

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Tell us if there are any guns in the game and if so what do they fire (bullets, marshmallows, etc).

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Tell us if there are any guns in the game and if so what do they fire (bullets, marshmallows, etc).

They fire bees! This game was co-produced by Hideo Kojima. Anyway, it's almost released! I'll be on when it does, and in the Steam group's chat room. Let's get some good games going as soon as it's out.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Drovek wrote: »
    Well, considering the game is out in like half an hour... :P

ROFL

dasnoob on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm going to have to go to class before/as this game unlocks. :(

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dashui wrote: »

They fire bees! This game was co-produced by Hideo Kojima. Anyway, it's almost released! I'll be on when it does, and in the Steam group's chat room. Let's get some good games going as soon as it's out.

Hopefully I'll be in the steam group's chatroom to. Wasn't sure if he needed my community id or steam id though.

dasnoob on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'll be home in about 2.5 hours :(

urahonky on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Can current UT2004 owners get the mod and play with the new crowd?

Or are we left in the dust as we aren't new/shiny anymore?

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You're probably boned. Come join ussssss :P

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Can current UT2004 owners get the mod and play with the new crowd?

Or are we left in the dust as we aren't new/shiny anymore?

If you could play with the new crowd with the mod, what would be the point in releasing the retail version? :P

No, you'll have to buy it. They redesigned a ton of stuff and added a ton of stuff. If you can, you might want to grab it now before it's officially released in half an hour or so (if they're not late). Pre-purchasing costs 14.99, whereas it'll be 19.99 afterward.

Dashui on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Apparently people are throwing fits over this delay on the Steam forums. I guess they never heard of Valve time.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    A dev from tripwire said something about a problem with the dedicated servers.

dasnoob on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    People will bitch about anything. Seriously. Supposedly there was an issue with the Empire at War game that was on sale for $5 and people were asking for free games and stuff.

Within a day it was fixed, but seriously. People need to relax.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    FreakinchairFreakinchair Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    People will bitch about anything. Seriously. Supposedly there was an issue with the Empire at War game that was on sale for $5 and people were asking for free games and stuff.

Its hard to relax with steams horrific track record. It wasnt that long ago when a huge group of people (myself included) couldnt play Sacred 2 steam version online for two weeks because the ONE person who apparently does the updates went on vacation. The new "big" patch came out and we all couldnt join any of the online servers to play due to version conflicts. This kind of situation raises all kinds of red flags.

Obviously people complaining about their $5 dollar purchase is pretty dumb, but I'm not surprised when people get nervous when their game is getting delayed on steam.

Freakinchair on
    I'd construct a situation such that everyone died at the exact same moment so that we could attack whatever afterlife there happens to be en masse and so take it over and create a perfect unending afterlife existence. Also, everyone who wanted one would have an afterlife pony.
  • Options
    LingxorLingxor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I love this game so much for letting me use a winchester rifle.

Lingxor on
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I don't know why they didn't link to it in the Steam context menu, but there's actually a manual for this game - rife with spelling errors and rather unprofessional and anti-hippie in nature, but a manual nevertheless - and I came across this interesting little tidbit: "The “Say” controls enable you to type messages to everyone, to just your team and to just the crew of your vehicle, respectively."

Interesting, as it gives us several implications about things that might've been downplayed in the media until now:

A) That there would seem to be some kind of competative mode as well as regular co-op - probably just two teams of soldiers competing for the most kills and cash, though given how well it's worked for L4D it might even be a soldiers-versus-monsters deal.
    B)Vehicles? This could get interesting. It'll probably be your bog-standard tank, APC, jeep deal, but wouldn't it be lovely to jack one of those still-running cars and use it to plow through a messa' zombies or ruin the day of one of the bosses, and modders can probably introduce some real fun twists on it (zombie-mulching threshers in a rural farmland zone! Boats to fight gigantic zombie fish and whales! Choppers to fight zombie birds in the air or to fuck up mass zombie hordes on the ground!)

I'll get back to readin' and see if I find any other interesting nuggets.

EDIT: And the timer just ticked to 3 hours instead of looping 1 hour over and over, so it looks like they might finally have things set for launch.

EDIT: And since I mentioned them earlier: Rural farmland-y (and dark as fuck, too) area confirmed by manual screenshot.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    urahonky wrote: »

Its hard to relax with steams horrific track record. It wasnt that long ago when a huge group of people (myself included) couldnt play Sacred 2 steam version online for two weeks because the ONE person who apparently does the updates went on vacation. The new "big" patch came out and we all couldnt join any of the online servers to play due to version conflicts. This kind of situation raises all kinds of red flags.

Obviously people complaining about their $5 dollar purchase is pretty dumb, but I'm not surprised when people get nervous when their game is getting delayed on steam.

I dunno... They probably saved you because Sacred 2 was pretty bad. :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hum, another 3 hours to decide whether or not to pre-purchase...

tofu on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I consider this to be a blessing, for I may now focus more on getting this goddamn assignment done :x

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    Bill CosbyBill Cosby Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Decrypting....

Bill Cosby on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Who do I talk to about being invited to the steam group? My steam ID is the same as my ID here.

urahonky on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    it's out dorks

get online and somebody send me an invitation to the steam group

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    98%........

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    And it's out! I'm in the group chat now. I can invite you both into the group. Either accept my friend request or join the group chat and I'll invite you in. Then let's start a game with the four of us! Lagnar is in the chat, as well.

Edit: The same goes for everyone else. If you want an invite, I'm currently online in the group's chat room, or a friend request and message will do, too.

Dashui on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Well first impressions are... I can't join a server.

There are some servers which have stats enabled, and pressing Yes to try and turn on my stats account brings up the options which don't have a stats account tab or anything. I guess they tried to launch it to curb those bloody idiots whining, goddammit.

[edit]Yay found a server. The final boss fucking heals D:

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    Beren39Beren39 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I've held off on getting this but it looks like a nice alternative to L4D, I think I'll snap this up. Does anybody have any first impressions?

Beren39 on
    Go, Go, EXCALIBUR! - Trent Varsity Swim Team 2009, better watch out for me Phelps!
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    GhostManOnThirdGhostManOnThird Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Joined a server, host left.

Can't join a friend private server but all my friends can. Now I'm listening to them on vent, crying.

GhostManOnThird on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I wonder what ports need opening...

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    So by pre-load they meant "doesn't pre-load at all."

Nice to know that.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Joined a server, host left.

Can't join a friend private server but all my friends can. Now I'm listening to them on vent, crying.

What's the dedicated server volume like, are there many set up?

Edit: Oh ya, can I get an invite? http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982894066

Beren39 on
    Go, Go, EXCALIBUR! - Trent Varsity Swim Team 2009, better watch out for me Phelps!
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm on vent with some people, one says he can see loads of servers - but I can only see maybe 6-8. Sometimes only 2. It's really weird and probably just my shitty connection.

I see servers which have 12/6 people trying to connect as well.

edit; actually a bunch of servers just came up. Loads.

GhostManOnThird on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    No, seriously: I have to download the whole thing again at half my normal Steam rate. I am incredibly irked about this.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Now I can only see one server again. Dang.

GhostManOnThird on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So played this for a bit. It's pretty fucking awesome.

Just don't put it on Hard difficulty with 8 people only at level 0. Seriously we got gang raped every time.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So I just played a match, pretty awesome experience, I like the visceral power of the shotgun's kickback. Only thing I noticed was that run speed was aggravatingly slow at times, but I can imagine why, as well as flaslights are a bit inconsistent (ie. a lot of flickering). Connecting to servers is a bit hit and miss.

Beren39 on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    so uh the game is awsome...when I Can play

I cant join ANY servers and I was able to finnally host a listen server for my friend to join after opening up a shitload of ports but he was lagging increddibly bad on it even though my connection is very fast.

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.