The Avengers Thread: Now in Heroic Age Flavor

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Weaver on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jessica has potential I think. They'll probably revamp her image once the comic gets going, I do agree that the costume is a bit . . . outdated. I didn't even now what her superhero name was prior to this thread, the first I ever saw of her was in New Avengers: Breakout.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I kind of like the costume. Really like it, in fact. Don't get all the dislike.

As for her name, I think she was once known as Knightress.

Solar on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It seems like a tube top would be really impractical for superhero-ing.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nearly every superheroine costume is highly impractical. Ms Marvel's thong ass and thigh high boots, Starfire's tooth floss bikini, every Star Sapphire, Gamora's body straps thing...

Honestly I think Jewel doesn't have it so bad. I was reading about this on scans_daily and someone brought up the lack of purple hair. I have to agree, it does add some nice colour and looks great, would like to see a return to that.

Solar on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    Nearly every superheroine costume is highly impractical. Ms Marvel's thong ass and thigh high boots, Starfire's tooth floss bikini, every Star Sapphire, Gamora's body straps thing...

Honestly I think Jewel doesn't have it so bad. I was reading about this on scans_daily and someone brought up the lack of purple hair. I have to agree, it does add some nice colour and looks great, would like to see a return to that.

*Obligatory Emma Frost comment here*

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Pasties and half a turtleneck that are used to form an "X" through negative space are incredibly practical.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sure, if you're a stripper.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    Pasties and half a turtleneck that are used to form an "X" through negative space are incredibly practical.

I really want to see Deadpool wearing that costume, ala his Marvel Girl look.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Wait, X-Men is about a group of strippers trying to make it to their gigs and extract payment from recalcitrant clients, right?

Wait, I may be confusing them with the XXX-Men. Shit, this is just like that thing with the Fantastic Foursome.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Wait, X-Men is about a group of strippers trying to make it to their gigs and extract payment from recalcitrant clients, right?

Wait, I may be confusing them with the XXX-Men. Shit, this is just like that thing with the Fantastic Foursome.

No, you were right: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/X-Men

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ha. Pheminist Force!

Solar on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wonder if a super-villain has ever tried to just rip off a super-heroine's top in order to cause a distraction so they can escape? I wonder if they would even let it phase them or just continue to kick ass while bear breasted and worry about modesty later?

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Tigra clawed off Moonstone's shirt, so that paparazzi would surround and distract her.

Munch on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2010

As impractical and slutty as that costume is, I think it's a really neat look and idea

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Eh. I feel like it's just an excuse to show skin, and the fleshy parts could have just as easily been covered with form-fitting fabric of a different shade, and the "X" shape would have remained the same. Not that it matters, as all superheroes pretty much look like they're wearing body paint anyways.

At least Emma can turn into diamond, so the costume's not as impractical as it would be on someone who wasn't bulletproof.

Munch on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was about to say, where on earth are her nipples, jeez

Antimatter on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    the fattest cameltoe.

Angry on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Angry wrote: »
    the fattest cameltoe.

Moose knuckle.

Jessica Jones' costume looks like she needs to be Dazzler's sidekick.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Angry wrote: »
    the fattest cameltoe.

Moose knuckle.

Jessica Jones' costume looks like she needs to be Dazzler's sidekick.

stealing this idea

writing this book

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Don't Chuck Austen all over it, ok?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2010
    Eh. I feel like it's just an excuse to show skin, and the fleshy parts could have just as easily been covered with form-fitting fabric of a different shade, and the "X" shape would have remained the same. Not that it matters, as all superheroes pretty much look like they're wearing body paint anyways.

At least Emma can turn into diamond, so the costume's not as impractical as it would be on someone who wasn't bulletproof.

Oh, I don't think it should be used

but as a concept I think it's neat

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Don't Chuck Austen all over it, ok?

dogg I would never chuck austen it

so when juggernaut bangs jessica jones and luke cage at the same time while dazzler watches

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Didn't see this coming

IAmAnAvenger_NewAvengers_5_02.jpg

Furu on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Either New Avengers is a team composed of members of other teams or Ben Grimm only owns one pair of pants.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    oh that's just stupid

Weaver on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Either New Avengers is a team composed of members of other teams or Ben Grimm only owns one pair of pants.

Someones never tried to get a pair of 83 inch waist, crotch-flattering shorts tailored before/.

Also Grimm sucks. Though not as much as Reed and Sue so I guess hes ok.

EDIT: These slogans make everyone sound like they're running for President or something, I'm gonna miss DR.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What?

That's just fucking stupid.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Also Grimm sucks

I hope you're in there for life

Furu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well, Ben is one of the more sociable Marvel characters. Look at Marvel Two-in-One, or his solo series from a few years back. Dude knows everyone. Plus, if he's still rich, he can bankroll the whole operation. And he has a great interplay with pretty much everyone, due to his Joe Superhero persona.

I love the Thing though, so I'm probably biased.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The Thing is rad as hell and should be in everything

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Plus it's not like he hasn't been an Avenger before.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ben Grimm is a great character, and it's a shame his solo series didn't take off like She-Hulk's did despite having a recognizable character and Slott at the helm. Honestly, I wish there was a Grimm & Johnny on-going, because they always feel like supporting characters rather than co-stars in the main FF book.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well, Ben is one of the more sociable Marvel characters. Look at Marvel Two-in-One, or his solo series from a few years back. Dude knows everyone. Plus, if he's still rich, he can bankroll the whole operation. And he has a great interplay with pretty much everyone, due to his Joe Superhero persona.

If he had money, he could afford a second pair of pants.

Or did they think we wouldn't recognize him if he was wearing different undies?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I want to see his closet.

It's probably a trench coat, a fedora, and those "4" pants.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I do find it amusing that the NA line up is Bendis pet characters, the guy that is in every book, and then suddenly the Thing out of nowhere.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Who the hell is this guy?

39084862.jpg

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    We'll probably find that the New Avengers will mostly be the ad-hoc collection that busted Luke out of Osborne's grip. That included the Thing, didn't it? Plus Dr Strange, Valkyrie, Daredevil, Iron Fist...

You know, so far none of the characters in the NA make me want to buy the book. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are meh, Spider Man is fun but not worth buying a book over, Wolverine can fuck off, the Thing I have no interest in and really should stay with the FF.

Now, if they put Iron Fist in there I would be more interested. Really, he should be. He's not doing anything else right now, and the friendship between him and Luke would be fun. They are really best friends so I can see Danny coming along to back his boy Luke up.

Solar on
  • Options
    Peeps ChickenPeeps Chicken Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Who the hell is this guy?

39084862.jpg

Red Thing. By Loeb.

Peeps Chicken on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm starting to think they only include Wolverine so each team can have someone who can kill people and not have it matter.

DarkWarrior on
This discussion has been closed.