Options

The Avengers Thread: Now in Heroic Age Flavor

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I'm thinking Slott and Gage might take turns writing Avengers Academy like they did for Initiative.

That would be a shame. Gage is really becoming a great writer, and Slott is Slott.

Hensler on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I thought Slott did a good job with Initiative. Maybe he can plot the stories and Gage can do the actual script writing.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I liked Slott's work on the title better than Cages, but that may just be related to the first cast being the most interesting.

Furu on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Give to Gage or Slott, and let them have their own control rather than a trust. I think Slott's better, hopefully he'll get it.

Solar on
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    With Osborn getting demoted from major bad guy status.

We need a new bad guy.

I vote for Taskmaster.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    He's awesome but not exactly a threat to any Avengers team by himself. If he is, then they should go home and think about how useless they are.

Solar on
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    He's awesome but not exactly a threat to any Avengers team by himself. If he is, then they should go home and think about how useless they are.

There ain't much with enough power to be a threat to the avenger team by himself.

Unless we make Magneto do it.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dis wrote: »

There ain't much with enough power to be a threat to the avenger team by himself.

Unless we make Magneto do it.

Well there's Kang.
    Or god forbid, NEW villains.

MastaP on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    MastaP wrote: »
    Or god forbid, NEW villains.

Woah woah woah, let's not get crazy now.

desc on
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kang is the first villain the Avengers will face post-Siege.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't think this was mentioned but both Avengers and New Avengers will have back-ups written by Bendis in them, so that's pretty good for $4 an issue.

And as Bendis put it
    two avengers titles with rock star artists who CAN DO A MONTHLY! NA 1 is almost in the can!

TexiKen on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    And Im guessing New Avengers will take on... The Hood. Shocking, I know, but I'm taking gamble predicting that one.

KVW on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'd rather they had back-ups of like, MI:13 or Atlas, or some other critically lauded but low-selling property, to get those books and creators some attention.

But then fans would probably bitch about having to pay extra for something unrelated to the Avengers or Bendis. Still, it's nice of Marvel and Bendis to match DC in providing extra content for the extra dollar, as sales figures pretty clearly indicated they didn't really need to do so.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ultimate Spider-Man has suffered the worst for being a $4 book since it was relaunched.

But let's be honest, do you really want MI 13 written by Bendis? Look what he's done to Moonstone, he will do 10x more damage to Pete Wisdom.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    No, I want an MI13 back-up by Cornell and Kirk, that just happens to be lashed to a book that will retain high sales and reader awareness.

I'd also accept an Iron Fist back-up by Fraction and Aja.

Munch on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Regarding Hood, I think I recall reading somewhere that whatever happens in Siege will be Hood's "swan song" for at least awhile. My guess is Loki uses him as a bodyguard and then disposes of him when he outlives his usefulness. Or the Alexander Luthor fate I mentioned earlier, either one.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Regarding Hood, I think I recall reading somewhere that whatever happens in Siege will be Hood's "swan song" for at least awhile. My guess is Loki uses him as a bodyguard and then disposes of him when he outlives his usefulness. Or the Alexander Luthor fate I mentioned earlier, either one.

Hood hasn't shown up in Asgard, so I don't think Loki will be using him. More likely the New Avengers put the beat down on him before going to Oklahoma.

cshadow42 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There's a new New Avengers teaser.

"I take responsibility for my actions.*"

*Except when I have the Devil alter reality on my behalf.

Munch on
  • Options
    Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I dunno whats up with this New Avengers thing. I mean we got cage (thunderbolts) and spider-man(Possibly on the Avengers?), I really wished that New Avengers wasn't being relaunched, but eh

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    And now we have this lovely teaser:
    start the guessing!

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    start the guessing!
    No need to guess, it's not a teaser. That's the final cover. It's the Void.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    cshadow42 wrote: »

Hood hasn't shown up in Asgard, so I don't think Loki will be using him. More likely the New Avengers put the beat down on him before going to Oklahoma.

Atm it looks like The Hood is about to get beat down by Tigra and if that happens i'm going to be seriously bloody annoyed. I know i'm being a fanboy here, but i loved the way they treated The Hood in his mini's as a morally conflicted guy who cares about his family and the people close to him, but instead of manning up and becoming a hero, he flakes and becomes a villain because it's a much faster and safer way of keep his family safe and comfortable. He's like the Anti Peter-Parker and i think he deserves a lot more than he's got, certainly more than being slapped down by a D-list Furry.

Again well aware i'm being a fanboy here and the fact that i've never really given two shits about the New Avengers comics comes across, but personally i think it'd be a much more satisfying ending if they'd just stuck with the Dormammu Cloak power and have essentially have The Hood choosing to defeat himself by giving up the easy power and money for the sake of his family. Loki handing out random Norse Trinkets just doesn't have the same resonance for me.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think that keeping the New Avengers around for a more street team is a decent idea that will hopefully go well. Honestly though if they are going to be street level then I wish it was Slott doing the main Avengers title, because I think Bendis doesn't want to and is very good at doing cosmic stuff, and that's been missing from the Avengers for some time now.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I wish they'd give New Avengers a better name than "New" Avengers. I mean, c'mon. How long until the newness wears off?

And I was actually hoping Spider-man would be in the main Avengers team. There's some potential for some nice interplay between him and the Big Three. Not that they'll pick up this thread, but I think it would be interesting to see Thor and Spider-man butt heads because Loki owes Spider-man one.

cshadow42 on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What they aren't telling you is that the New Avengers Spider-Man is actually Ben Reilly.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    start the guessing!
    Guessing Sentry gains control of himself briefly and sacrifices himself

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Honestly though the main team needs more oomph. Thor is top tier, then you've got Iron Man who with Extremis can lift around 100, can fly, has energy blasts and shields, he's pretty good too. Then you've got Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Captain America, Wolverine and Hawkeye. All street level without much kick at all. Now, I'm all for it being about characters rather than powers, but come on, this is supposed to be Earth's Mightiest!

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Shit Fuck Wank that's clearly the Sentry.

AARGH!

Solar on
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The silhouette does appear to have shorter hair - so Bob depowered.

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Honestly though the main team needs more oomph. Thor is top tier, then you've got Iron Man who with Extremis can lift around 100, can fly, has energy blasts and shields, he's pretty good too. Then you've got Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Captain America, Wolverine and Hawkeye. All street level without much kick at all. Now, I'm all for it being about characters rather than powers, but come on, this is supposed to be Earth's Mightiest!

Skaar and Banner to join the Avengers

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Iron Man doesn't have Extremis any more. And Spider-man may not be on the main team, since he's declared himself for the "New" Avengers. Unless he's going to be on multiple Avengers teams?

Darn you Wolverine for paving the way for characters to be on multiple teams. At least with X-Men he had an excuse to be in every X-title.

Its too bad that Sentry-Bob is the focus of Fallen. I would think Ares would be more worthy of a character for such an honorific.

Hm...I didn't see any Cap hands in that picture. You don't suppose they'd kill off one of the Caps, do you? Seems kind of redundant to bring Cap back from the dead only to kill him off right away. So could Bucky-Cap be on the chopping block?

cshadow42 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Who's hands are those to the left-most of the picture? I can make out Thor, Spider-Man, Mr. Fantastic and Iron Man, looking at the fingernails and size they look almost like girl hands.

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    black widow

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    black widow

You stop making fun of Ronin's delicate, feminine hands.

desc on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Who's hands are those to the left-most of the picture? I can make out Thor, Spider-Man, Mr. Fantastic and Iron Man, looking at the fingernails and size they look almost like girl hands.

That would be because they are. Those are Black Widow's stingers. I know other people have said this, but no one mentioned the stingers. Or the mind-control STD

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Spidey's on both covers of Avengers #1. I think its clear he's on both teams.

KVW on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Seei, I don't mind Spidey being an Avenger, but I do think it kind of cuts out spaces for other characters to be in the teams.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    There's a new New Avengers teaser.

"I take responsibility for my actions.*"

*Except when I have the Devil alter reality on my behalf.

I mean really, of all the tag lines to give Spidey, they pick that one? There is like some bubble they work in where no one plays devil's advocate (and surprisingly I'm not going for a pun there, but for someone to just make them question their decisions to make them more sound and better),

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    And here is a new mini by Bendis and Alan Davis called Avengers Prime: Siege Aftermath, that deals with Tony, Thor, and loser Steve all trying to hug it out and use fluffy fingers.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Maybe they added that tagline because they specifically plan to address the whole "Spidey's deal with the devil".

Eh? It could happen...

cshadow42 on
This discussion has been closed.