As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] and I

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Mine needs more frog kitty tho

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well I've had my new av for over a month you damn kids. *Sob* prison is tough on a man.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    TF2

whoop-dee-doo

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    which of those books to get first. hrm. bicycle thieves and godfather both seem like good choices, but then there's taxi driver. hrmrhmhrmrhmhrmrhmhrmrhmrhmmrmhmrmhmmrmhmmhmhmrrmhhrmhm
    I couldn’t finish watching Taxi Driver. I don’t think I even got halfway through.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    TF2

whoop-dee-doo

SHUT YER HOLE

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I hate you both.

But yes, this is the same job I've had since September of '06 and I'm finally reaching the point where walking through the door every day is something I dread, just because I hate being here so much. I don't know what I'd do, but this is the last place I want to be every day. I hope for traffic in the mornings, because it means I have less time to be here. I hope for a flat tire, or an accident, because it means I won't be here.

I almost had a door slammed against my head on Tuesday and I was wishing it was so I didn't have to be here.

I hope you are actively getting and submitting job applications for a new job, right?

No.

Part of the problem is my only lack of drive. I get all uppity about shit, then get home and just sit down and play games until I go to bed. I just stop caring when I leave here.

Part of it is also that I have a stable job here. This company is in no danger of going under, and I have little to 0 chance of being laid off. As much as I hate being here, I know that I'm better off staying that joining some fly by night company that might fail.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Part of it is also that I have a stable job here. This company is in no danger of going under, and I have little to 0 chance of being laid off. As much as I hate being here, I know that I'm better off staying that joining some fly by night company that might fail.

False dichotomy olol.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    No.

Part of the problem is my only lack of drive. I get all uppity about shit, then get home and just sit down and play games until I go to bed. I just stop caring when I leave here.

This is what happens when we become adults and have to accept that outside of a lucky few, we'll work jobs that we hate because they pay the bills.

I hear ya boyo.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    These are not the only two options.

Bama on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2009

There are other possibilities. Like a job with a good company that you don't dread going to every day.

EDIT: Dammit, guys.

Bogart on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    speak for yourself preacher.

off to get my drivers license renewed. woo

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    which of those books to get first. hrm. bicycle thieves and godfather both seem like good choices, but then there's taxi driver. hrmrhmhrmrhmhrmrhmhrmrhmrhmmrmhmrmhmmrmhmmhmhmrrmhhrmhm
    I couldn’t finish watching Taxi Driver. I don’t think I even got halfway through.

It's possible good taste doesn't suit you

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    These are not the only two options.

In this economy? I'd say stable employment at a job you hate is better than unemployment. I dunno about the job market where Justin is, but I'm sure quite a few people are eating shit sandwhiches at work because its just not that easy to get another job.

I was speaking for myself Variable...

For me I have obligations, mortgage, credit card bill, lifestyle I've become accustomed to. I'd rather just keep on keeping on. Besides I at least get to post on the boards with you mooks.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'mma make chicken caeser salad for lunch

the secret?

make the dressing with just olive oil, lemon juice, and ground anchovies+kalamata olives

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

doesn't sound all that bad, then.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Besides any job would be better than working fast food, that was a job of hell. I was peter gibbons when I worked fast food.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    I'mma make chicken caeser salad for lunch

the secret?

make the dressing with just olive oil, lemon juice, and ground anchovies+kalamata olives
    I thought the secret was to make it with love? Damn this cookbook is crap.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    not having a job is boring as fuck.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's possible good taste doesn't suit you
    It’s possible. He was too creepy for me to tolerate.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Aldo wrote: »

That's more of a problem with my whole life and not just this job, though. I'm like that about everything. As soon as I'm removed from the situation, I stop caring about it. And when I get back to the situation, say like this job, I care again. I have no desire to follow through on things. I have no idea what's up with that, whether or not it's a product of my ADHD or just a personality quirk but it's something I'd like to get over.

Except when I get home, I won't follow through.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

Taxi Driver is great if you watch it as a comedy.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Speaking of shitty recipes, for a laugh read a Wiccan cook book.

I hear ya Dyna I had a stretch for about month once, and yeah I burned money to entertain myself and was still bored out of my mind.

Taxi Driver is a great movie, about a murderous pedophile. It's like Roman Polanksi if he killed people.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Bogart wrote: »

There are other possibilities. Like a job with a good company that you don't dread going to every day.

EDIT: Dammit, guys.

Finding one of those is the tough part, Bogart. There are many ads up on Craigs List and Career Builder and such for basic entry level tech jobs, all stuff I can do with my eyes closed. Hell, one of my friends has changed job 4 times in the past 6 months because the jobs are out there. But at the same time, the reason is because she thought they'd be great jobs but she realizes she hates the place, so she goes somewhere else. I'm not sure I want to be doing that either.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Besides any job would be better than working fast food, that was a job of hell. I was peter gibbons when I worked fast food.
    I feel the same about the steel factory i worked at for a month during the summer. Damn that place was shitty. I heard the owner had a boat crash with his speedboat and the speedboat of his brother in law. He also got his children and the children of his sister in hospital with that stunt. Sums up nicely how they valued safety regulations on the factory floor.

Aldo on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Switching jobs like that does not do one's resume much good.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

That's more of a problem with my whole life and not just this job, though. I'm like that about everything. As soon as I'm removed from the situation, I stop caring about it. And when I get back to the situation, say like this job, I care again. I have no desire to follow through on things. I have no idea what's up with that, whether or not it's a product of my ADHD or just a personality quirk but it's something I'd like to get over.

I was mostly teasing you, sorry.

I don't know, maybe write down during the day what you hate about your job and then reread it when you get home. Maybe that brings back some of your anger and that'll motivate you to look up some other jobs?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I was mostly teasing you, sorry.

I don't know, maybe write down during the day what you hate about your job and then reread it when you get home. Maybe that brings back some of your anger and that'll motivate you to look up some other jobs?

Where the fuck would I find a pen?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Thus ends another episode of trying to help someone who doesn't want to help themselves.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Don't lump me in with Oboro. I'm not lashing out at people for suggesting things.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Don't lump me in with Oboro. I'm not lashing out at people for suggesting things.

Did I say anything about Obo, me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I watched The Lives of Others last night, and now I can't stop reading about the Stasi and the GDR when I should be getting shit done.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I watched The Lives of Others last night, and now I can't stop reading about the Stasi and the GDR when I should be getting shit done.
    that was such a good movie

Elendil on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    There it is, I knew someone wouldn't disappoint when I posted wall o' text.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Speaking of shitty recipes, for a laugh read a Wiccan cook book.

I hear ya Dyna I had a stretch for about month once, and yeah I burned money to entertain myself and was still bored out of my mind.

Taxi Driver is a great movie, about a murderous pedophile. It's like Roman Polanksi if he killed people.

I've got a book backlog, a netflix subscription, and valve games to keep me from slitting my wrists.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So they just deleted that spambot/troll/alt's posts? How Orwellian.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Did I say anything about Obo, me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

I know but Oboro is the stereotype for someone asking for help and then not following through, or yelling at people, with the advice.

Also, I can change my avatar, location and sig whenever I want. Neener neener neener.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    that was such a good movie

Yeah, I really liked it. It made me want to go watch The Conversation again for the fifth or so time.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So they just deleted that spambot/troll/alt's posts? How Orwellian.
    Spam is Slavery

or something

Bama on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    he who is prepared to die is free

MikeMan on
This discussion has been closed.