• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    bttt'ing this - game in 10 minutes

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hahaha, this is a blast, I love what they've done with this! All they need to do now is get less pop culture questions and fix the announcer.

maraxus94 on
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    WTF? I thought the next episode was tomorrow?

VoodooV on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Less Pop culture Questions? Do you just not watch trivia gameshows outside of Jeopardy?

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Less Pop culture Questions? Do you just not watch trivia gameshows outside of Jeopardy?

No, and I understand it's what they do, doesn't mean I can't wish they change it :)

maraxus94 on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh fuck is this on now?

Edit: Seems so. I'm downloading it (again?) now.

Someone really needs to post whether or not the time in the thread title is EST or what.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    maraxus94 wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »

No, and I understand it's what they do, doesn't mean I can't wish they change it :)

Yes, the trivia show should focus on less trivial things. ;)

EvilBadman on
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    man, I would be so pissed if I got to play and lost to some bullshit survivor or american idol question

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Fuck, just missed it. Oh well.

Back to Klonoa!

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    A lot of those E3 edition questions required that you watch all the E3 conferences..

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Not really.

You could read kotaku or some other gaming news site and get all of the information easily.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ha ha ha ha! Oh man. It was awesome and horrible watching the mob get wiped out when they asked what the 24th letter in the alphabet is (A, X, or B). There were some other jewels, but that one really tops them all.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    No.... you pretty much had to actually watch them to get some of those.

Also, there's going to be 5 shows in a row tommorow.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    No.... you pretty much had to actually watch them to get some of those.

Also, there's going to be 5 shows in a row tommorow.

Really?

I didn't and still managed to get all of them.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    Nik HuzeNik Huze Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wow, that was really fun. I didn't get into the mob or anything, but I dominated the three other people I got stuck with. Made me feel good about myself.

Nik Huze on
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The game is a lot of fun, I'll definitely be playing more of it.

Half of the Mob got this wrong though...

Even the most high-tech fax machines cannot send this through the phone line:

Fax Paper | Pictures | Text

D:

MyNameIsWalrus on
  • Options
    Nik HuzeNik Huze Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That fax paper one was the best. I actually got the alphabet one wrong. It was like one of those damn brain age tests. I hit the x button instead of the answer x.

Nik Huze on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

D:

I missed that one as well.

Though the one I am most embarassed at missing is which was the first home console...

chamberlain on
  • Options
    ThisguyThisguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Damn. i missed this one. Is there going to be another anytime soon?

Thisguy on
    3445ifd.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009

D:

Though the one I am most embarassed at missing is which was the first home console...

i think about 60k people missed that one. I thought more people would know that one..

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thisguy wrote: »
    tomorrow (sunday) night

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Goddamnit. I missed this tonight. Damn work made me forget it's not friday, it's saturday...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Played it tonight with my gf, was a lot more fun than we thought it would be. We didn't do too amazing during the live show, but I only missed once question during the E3/Nerd one. :\

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Thisguy wrote: »
    tomorrow (sunday) night

Only Extended Play episodes tomorrow night.

Next live show format is Friday, June 12.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What's the difference of Extended play?

VoodooV on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I didn't have my computer on when I was playing last night, so I didn't get a chance to post here or on the xbox.com message boards.

I had a couple of minutes of internet/XBL fame last night. During the live game I was the number one overall scorer for the longest single round they had (19 questions and I scored a tad over 34,000 points). Within 30 seconds of my GT (BlackDragon1066) being shown I was inundated with about 25 friend requests, 15 XBox Live Party invites, 10 additional game invites and about 25 text and voice messages.

The text and voice messages were down right frightening. I had 2 guys congratulate me and/or say I was smart. The rest were variants on I am gay, I need to get a life, or I touch small children. Needless to say, some assholes got bad reviews and a couple of complaints filed.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    jynxycatjynxycat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Extended Play is basically just what the crowd does during Live games.

You just answer about 35-40 questions, and try to get a streak going so you can earn the most points. There's no mob, or One. It goes towards future Live shows to improve your chances of being in the mob or be the one.

During that large extended play of nerd/game questions, I only got one wrong, but I skipped about 4 that I picked the right answer anyway :x

jynxycat on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Going to start soon. Reminders pop up even if you're completely unplugged from the internet, by the way. Just got a reminder pop up even though my 360's network cable isn't even plugged in.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

D:

i think about 60k people missed that one. I thought more people would know that one..

Reading this post, my first thought was "what morons, of course you can't send pictures through f...fuck." D:

Turkey on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I just played this for the first time, and it's outstanding. If the final product costs points, it's worth every penny, (but probably not due to the ads for deodorant that will get me laid.)

Do cheaters have their laptops next to them? Does Major Nelson check the One's IP and has them killed if they cheat? :D

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    How are people getting "0" response times on answers? Seems shifty. I've picked a ton of answers before the timer starts and I'm still getting micro second response times. Also, how are people like 133tdood69 getting perfect full game streaks? I seriously doubt with names like that they've got a modicum of brains.

Esh on
  • Options
    ThisguyThisguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Of course my gold subscription ends today

Dang microsoft

Thisguy on
    3445ifd.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Cantido wrote: »
    I just played this for the first time, and it's outstanding. If the final product costs points, it's worth every penny, (but probably not due to the ads for deodorant that will get me laid.)

Do cheaters have their laptops next to them? Does Major Nelson check the One's IP and has them killed if they cheat? :D

I'm not sure about cheaters, but I've been near the top since the first live beta last Monday and I don't have a laptop or any web device near me. I just play with my lonesome and bounce ideas off my group.

I also need to re-set my account settings for messages and stuff. I was again in the top 10 twice in games tonight (I'm not playing in the currently going on game) and both times I was flooded with friend requests, Live Party requests, and messages ranging from congratulatory to just plain nasty/malicious.

Otherwise it's a fantastic diversion and a great game. I've been really suprised and the speed and performance of it given the number of simultaneous users.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Played for a bit, got some ridiculously hard questions, will play again half an hour or so.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Is it still playing? I can't find the next game. It goes straight to tomorrow at 8PM.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Cantido wrote: »
    Is it still playing? I can't find the next game. It goes straight to tomorrow at 8PM.

The 8PM CDT was the last one for today. Today's games started at 6PM CDT.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Seriously though, set up reminders. It pops up that a show is about to start about 7 minutes before it begins.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Goodness, the questions in extended play get hard near the end.

I used to think I was smart...

:(

chamberlain on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I have no idea how some of these people are getting instant answer times and 100% accuracy. They must just have a group of people who are ready or something.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    How are the questions? I haven't been home during a game yet, but I love trivia.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!