As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA] - Timeline - Greed / Anarchy Victory

• Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Varcayn wrote: »

Vote stacking implies if you get sent back to Day 1 to cast a new vote it is counted in addition to your previous vote(s) for Day 1, not instead of. From a mechanics (or theme) standpoint the daily votes are unique in how they are treated by the Timeline. There will only every one Day 1 vote victim. If you get sent back to Day 1 you can use you vote to try to change or sustain his fate, but you will not be voting for a new victim.

In other words, I can try to get the previous victim outvoted so he'll survive, but I can't get someone else voted off as a result?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !sign I think

M.D. on
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Embark, I'm heading on to the other board tomorrow, so I can catch up on all the happenings that have gone on since my month of May turned to shit.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    it's cool, i've been going out a lot with a chica so been busy myself

M.D. on
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Vote stacking implies if you get sent back to Day 1 to cast a new vote it is counted in addition to your previous vote(s) for Day 1, not instead of. From a mechanics (or theme) standpoint the daily votes are unique in how they are treated by the Timeline. There will only be one Day 1 vote victim. If you get sent back to Day 1 you can use you vote to try to change or sustain his fate, but you will not be voting for a new victim.

In other words, I can try to get the previous victim outvoted so he'll survive, but I can't get someone else voted off as a result?

If you outvote the previous victim the new victim will take his place. Perhaps I should have said There will only be one Day 1 victim at a time. It's not as if someone will be sent to Day 1 because they are winning the Day 1 vote every single day.

i.e. What won't happen is me saying "Varcayn is winning the Day 1 vote, therefore he will always be moved to the start of Day 1 every day until someone else takes over." as some people were speculating might happen to kime. You can not create a time loop in that manner. It will be essentially impossible to keep someone on Day 1 for any significant length of time.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    FreeAgent wrote: »
    Finals are over (as of last week), so I shall !sign up as a college graduate.

Which officially makes me a Scientist.

Congratulations!

Such a shame that casuality will go to shit in this phalla. Your precious science won't save you now.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Vote stacking implies if you get sent back to Day 1 to cast a new vote it is counted in addition to your previous vote(s) for Day 1, not instead of. From a mechanics (or theme) standpoint the daily votes are unique in how they are treated by the Timeline. There will only be one Day 1 vote victim. If you get sent back to Day 1 you can use you vote to try to change or sustain his fate, but you will not be voting for a new victim.

If you outvote the previous victim the new victim will take his place. Perhaps I should have said There will only be one Day 1 victim at a time. It's not as if someone will be sent to Day 1 because they are winning the Day 1 vote every single day.

i.e. What won't happen is me saying "Varcayn is winning the Day 1 vote, therefore he will always be moved to the start of Day 1 every day until someone else takes over." as some people were speculating might happen to kime. You can not create a time loop in that manner. It will be essentially impossible to keep someone on Day 1 for any significant length of time.

well there goes all of my fun :(

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    In this Phalla are we going to be mean to Kime? I didn't read through all the thread, but that seems to be what it looks like from some of the posts I briefly read over.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !sign up

This looks awesome.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    We were just using kime as an example of who to be mean to, silly! We certainly can't be held responsible for the fun and good times you have by being mean to kime.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »
    We were just using kime as an example of who to be mean to, silly! We certainly can't be held responsible for the fun and good times you have by being mean to kime.

Sounds like someone just volunteered.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Kime hasn't been day 1 voted out for months now, he needs to be reminded of his place!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !Sign up

This sounds a bit like Primer the Phalla.

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    We can actually vote kime out on day one multiple times, right?

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Burnage wrote: »

apparantly not..... :(

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I still don't really understand it, but damn am I excited to try it.

Phallas are getting increasingly outrageous.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    I imagine a phalla where we can reach back through time, busdriver kime's evil kill back onto himself, and then have him stab himself to death repeatedly for all eternity. It is a glorious vision, and I think we can achieve it now if only we're willing to believe...in ourselves.

LightRider on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Did anyone see LightRider's dried frog pills?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    LightRider wrote: »
    I imagine a phalla where we can reach back through time, busdriver kime's evil kill back onto himself, and then have him stab himself to death repeatedly for all eternity. It is a glorious vision, and I think we can achieve it now if only we're willing to believe...in ourselves.

Do you ever feel like a one trick pony?

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Edit: I think I got the last slot...

Darian on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Daius wrote: »

Do you ever feel like a woman?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Daius wrote: »

Do you ever feel like a woman?
    I feel like a woman!

/Studio 60

Wildcat on
  • Options
    ShanicShanic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Darian wrote: »

Edit: I think I got the last slot...

I think you did too, which makes me the first reserve sign up.

Shanic on
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Reserve Up!!

Maximus on
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Damn !reserve it seems

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This is gonna be interesting... I think I'll have to help spreadsheet this one too.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Looks like fun, i'll !reserve

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    stormwindstormwind Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Reserve!

Dear god, I'm signing up for a migraine in the future.

stormwind on
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Daius will now playing the part of kime. Let's see if he notices!

LightRider on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hmm... MacGuffin should be the first reserve, since Varcayn seems to have missed Dac Vin and Ryadic's signup posts. As it currently stands, we have 50 players and 7 reserves, as far as my count seems to be telling me. I could be wrong.

The fact that specials retain their powers while in the Alternate Timelines can create some interesting effects, especially Guardian and Vigilante roles. It's almost too powerful...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    But easily countered by a role blocker? Maybe one that spans time-lines?

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The scope of this phalla is so epic, my mind is already in the process of being blown.

...ladies

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Hmm... MacGuffin should be the first reserve, since Varcayn seems to have missed Dac Vin and Ryadic's signup posts. As it currently stands, we have 50 players and 7 reserves, as far as my count seems to be telling me. I could be wrong.

That's unexpected; I'm not used to mains filling up between the last time I check in one evening and the first time I check the next morning. :?

Darian on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Trust wrote: »
    But easily countered by a role blocker? Maybe one that spans time-lines?

Specials can only act on players in the same day as them, for the most part, so even if there was a mafia-aligned Roleblocker, I'm not sure how much damage they could do. Of course, remembering this aspect of the mechanics, that kind of does limit the utility of an Alternate Timelines Vigilante or Guardian quite a bit, making my previous statement a bit inaccurate.

There will definitely be some oddball powers on both the village and the mafia side that are going to muck with expectations.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    NionNion Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    While the sanity of whoever tries to spreadsheet this is already doomed, I do wish you luck in remaining at least somewhat coherent.

Nion on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm looking forward to seeing how Mr Blarney holds up to the challenge!

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Man, it's like you guys don't even trust me to spreadsheet this game. :/ I think the biggest thing is just having to track 50 people each day. Maybe more, if Varcayn extends the sign-up limit at all.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Mr. B, I'm rooting for you and will probably follow this solely to watch the chaos that will be the daily spreadsheets.

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »

apparantly not..... :(

Actually, you can! Vote me out on day one by a small margin. Then, whoever is stuck in day one votes the second place person in first. Then, you put me back in first!

Clever, huh?

Little do you know I'm immune to involuntary time travel!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile